Notices
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 207 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: A little bird.......

I will keep wearing my large sceptical pants until "it" happens if that's ok.

If it happens and it's right for the club and our longer term objectives then I'll be as delighted as the next man.

here's hoping
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post

Tomato stash at the ready
    i love that you cut angry faces into your tomatoes.

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kopitecrash View Post

i love that you cut angry faces into your tomatoes.

More mess on impact

Quote Originally Posted by elrojo2005 View Post
    ......told me tonight that we are now owned by a Kuwaiti company.....to all intents and purposes. I have a reliable mole who is using phrases like "done deal" and talking about big bucks being used already on the preparation side of things. Hold my hands up if I am wrong as I am not a sensationalist but this guy is on the inside and has never lied to me before.

Ok, I hear you! But why are we about to spend 18mil on a full back and why has Rafa said we have money to spend big? Trust me, I was sceptical and grilled my source but he is adament. He has worked at Anfield for several years.
    That bird was probably a dodo

partlydave is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wadebridgered View Post
    checked the rumour pages online just now and no one is picking up this story.

Doesn't mean its not true though - live in hope!!
    Maybe someone somewhere is respecting a confidentiality and not officially releasing the news. Shocking I know in this day and age, but sometimes its good to be optimistic.
    I'm 100% behind the OP on this story

elrojo2005 is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by I-SEE-RED-PEOPLE View Post
    I dont believe this. no offence elrojo but too many false dawns and all that jazz.
    I understand this stance and I expect it. I spoke to another guy this morning from the same circle of friends and he instantly said he believes it's DIC and there will be an anouncement in July. He was quoting the same source as me, but he lives here and sees the guy most days of the week and therefore is up to date on all aspects of this info. When you think of it, if we are looking to make big signings, this news would drive the prices through the roof. Whereas if we did our deals beforehand it would make a lot of business sense.

I will apologise unreservedly if July coms and goes without an anouncement but be honest, how many of you could keep this down, given the close proximity of the source and all the current circumstances that surround it.

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator

I understand this stance and I expect it. I spoke to another guy this morning from the same circle of friends and he instantly said he believes it's DIC and there will be an anouncement in July. He was quoting the same source as me, but he lives here and sees the guy most days of the week and therefore is up to date on all aspects of this info. When you think of it, if we are looking to make big signings, this news would drive the prices through the roof. Whereas if we did our deals beforehand it would make a lot of business sense.

I will apologise unreservedly if July coms and goes without an anouncement but be honest, how many of you could keep this down, given the close proximity of the source and all the current circumstances that surround it.
    Oh good grief I'm even more optimisitc after reading that - you know i'm only joking about the tomatoes

naturalskill is online now First team regular
    The Crown Prince of Dubai has had us in his sights for quite some time now so hopefully the yanks will finally sell and our finances will improve

I think most people who have said something in the past have had access to some inside information that, at the time of reporting, was correct. But things change in the interrim period and whilst I don't doubt that the Americans are looking to sell the club if someone comes in with a good offer, I doubt very much that anything has been completed and that an announcement will be made later on.

I really dislike these sort of threads because too many times I get my hopes up and then fall back down to earth, So I never bother with them anymore

For this, I actually believe this, which could end up being a worst feeling if it does not happen.
    I just feel that something is going to happen. here are my reasons

Rafa stalling over a contract then suddenly he signs.
    Stevie, dirk, Agger and Torres also extend contracts
    Then Rafa comes out to say he will spend big this summer and is likely to break our transfer record and is happry with his transfrer budget (Never said this before)
    We are currently the favourites to sign a full back for approx 18 million
    We were definitly in for Tevez as that was confirmed when he turned us down. We all know he would cost 30 million. So how would we be potentially willing to buy nearly 50 million worth of talent when we are supposed to be skint according to the papers
    Lastly, The Echo reports that MPs are trying to stop the yanks getting an extension to the loan

Please let this be true. Either way we will definitly know by the end of the month, when the loan is due to expire and the Transfer window officially opens

ForkHandles is offline Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by NNNick View Post
    I think most people who have said something in the past have had access to some inside information that, at the time of reporting, was correct. But things change in the interrim period and whilst I don't doubt that the Americans are looking to sell the club if someone comes in with a good offer, I doubt very much that anything has been completed and that an announcement will be made later on.
    this is where my apprehension draws from, deals in football are infamous for falling through at the last minute, ironically a bit like a football result can...

if this does happen can everyone wait a while before mass repping elrojo, that combined with people logging on to read about the takeover could cause the internetz to break...forever

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Oh good grief I'm even more optimisitc after reading that - you know i'm only joking about the tomatoes
    I love tomato's! You wouldn't have any salad cream by any chance?

until its confirmed with goal.com, NOTW or Sky Sports I won't believe it........

no this does sound encouraging but these things have a habit of getting complicated or changing last minute but no doubting the OP is genuine in the news he's been given

Firstly, was a birdie or a mole...please decide.

Secondly, is your surname Dolittle by any chance.

Thirdly, if the answer to 'secondly' was yes, can you please have a word with the foxes that insist on $h1tting in my garden?

Thanks.

Gazza74 is online now LFCTV GO Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    I fully expect the Yanks to still be here next season.

That's all i have to say.

Hmmm, will watch this one with great interest. Should it be true, I just hope the new owner will be better than the old ones. There are no guarantees but I think most of us would take the risk!

(Urgh! Just saw NNNick's post above, thats certainly not something I'll be watching with interest!!!!!!!!, NNNick you are a bad bad man)

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post

must ensure you play the theme tune whislt under your glass table, I'm a Scatman, dee da da bada bop
    RIP Scatman John.

Quote Originally Posted by ForkHandles View Post
    you said that stain was soy sauce i even dipped my sushi in it when you weren't looking...
    That was just soy. Honest. Probably best not to think about it now mate.

RIP Scatman John.

That was just soy. Honest. Probably best not to think about it now mate.
    i've deleted those posts just because they were off-topic and bad taste, my fault

side-note: did Scatman John Die? please don't say it was a skiing accident

i've deleted those posts just because they were off-topic and bad taste, my fault

wisely deleted

He died? Nick is this true and how?

Not that I've followed his career

He did, yeah, I think it was cancer or something. Aside from his really famous stuff, he was quite a talented jazz musician and toured a lot before he got "big".

Me and my mate Rich were obsessed with him at Uni... we built a little shrine to him in my room. Well, we stuck a picture of him on my noticeboard and wrote out the first verse to Scatman's World:

"I want to be a human being
    Not a human doing,
    I couldn't keep the pace up if I tried.
    The source of my intention, brother,
    Isn't crime prevention -
    My intention is prevention of the lie."

Awesome.

Anyway - I highly doubt Scatman John or any of his affiliates will be in any way involved with a possible take-over.

EDIT: yeah, lung cancer got him. Check out this wikipedia page.

Now I am gettinG confused.

Elrojo, Your very first comment says we're owned by the Kuwaitis. Now it's DIC (who are from Dubai)....? I do hope what you say is true but you can understand the scepticism.

YNWA.

He did, yeah, I think it was cancer or something. Aside from his really famous stuff, he was quite a talented jazz musician and toured a lot before he got "big".

Me and my mate Rich were obsessed with him at Uni... we built a little shrine to him in my room. Well, we stuck a picture of him on my noticeboard and wrote out the first verse to Scatman's World:

"I want to be a human being
    Not a human doing,
    I couldn't keep the pace up if I tried.
    The source of my intention, brother,
    Isn't crime prevention -
    My intention is prevention of the lie."

Awesome.

Anyway - I highly doubt Scatman John or any of his affiliates will be in any way involved with a possible take-over.
    brilliant, fair play you no quite a bit there.

Gutted on the take over news though, Scatman John would have upheld the traditions of this fine club....de da da bada bop

RIP John, RIP

I hope we can sort ourselves quickly, keep it under the radar so the prices don't go up and stave off any attempt for our players. AND START THE STADIUM

Cmon guys get it done!

i'd love if before his life support machine did the final beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep it went be bop badada bop

RIP the Scatman, the only living Scatman i'm aware of now is Howard Moon and he's fictional, meh.

__________________________________________________ ________

Yes, i'm curious to know why Dic are being mentioned now when the op states Kuwaitis?

Sneets is online now First team regular
    RIP the Scatman, the only living Scatman i'm aware of now is Howard Moon and he's fictional, meh.

__________________________________________________ ________

Yes, i'm curious to know why Dic are being mentioned now when the op states Kuwaitis?
    As far as we are concerned, what's the difference?

The Kuwaitis couldn't buy it on their own so they had to go off and find a partner, so have come back with DIC!

Sounds good to me, it's not as if a joint ownership could ever be a bad thing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DudeksGoatieBeard View Post
    Now I am gettinG confused.

Elrojo, Your very first comment says we're owned by the Kuwaitis. Now it's DIC (who are from Dubai)....? I do hope what you say is true but you can understand the scepticism.

YNWA.
    Yes I intend to persue that one tonight. The source gave me Kuwait and the second guy gave me DIC. It's possible that one or the other would consider that a minor detail against the fact that, if it's true, then that's all that matters. I also think that they may not be privvy to the names but just sure that it has happened. I will find out later.

At the time you posted this I was rattling the windows!

The guy who told me is at Anfield every day. He was very open about it and didn't give it the "don't tell a soul" routine. I only saw him for a short while last night and I will see him again tonight. I will talk to him and try to get some sort of confirmation but he is not given to making stories up. Thanks to Simo for the endorsement. I dont do "wum" and the club is my greatest passion and I've supported LFC for 51 years now. I desperately hope that this is true, given the club's current financial situation. Regarding the "trust" element that Redbaros spoke of, I didn't have to probe the guy, he was talking openly and I don't feel that it could be harmful to the club for me to broadcast it. Does anyone really take notice of us on here? I repeat one point for impact.....the guy is employed by LFC and that is 100% sure. If we were playing today and it was sold out I would bet large that he would find me a ticket. I met some posters at the Wigan match in October, one of which was trying to get me a ticket, as I now live in Spain (I'm over in Liverpool for a few days). I called him the day before the match to say he didn't need to bother as I had two tickets for the main stand, courtesy of my source, at a moments notice, and we all know how difficult that is. I'm just giving you references here.

Apologies to anyone who wants to question this but while I am here in Liverpool I will spend most of today seeing my kids and grandkids so I will not have a lot of internet access. I will look in again this evening. I don't want to fool anyone and my fingers are crossed on this. I share everyone's apprehension on this and I am not frivolous about the subject. If this is wrong I will not change my user name, it will be open season on elrojo!
    can't help but believe you

Quote Originally Posted by Sneets View Post
    As far as we are concerned, what's the difference?
    i'm just curious is all as they're obviously not the same organisations so am wondering why elrojo's heard 2 conflicting stories, could affect the validity

plus as far as we're concerned i'm sure there's paramount differences between the 2 potential owners