Notices
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 207 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: A little bird.......

1. #1 Eternal Flame A little bird....... 
    elrojo2005 is offline Academy prospect
    ......told me tonight that we are now owned by a Kuwaiti company.....to all intents and purposes. I have a reliable mole who is using phrases like "done deal" and talking about big bucks being used already on the preparation side of things. Hold my hands up if I am wrong as I am not a sensationalist but this guy is on the inside and has never lied to me before.

Ok, I hear you! But why are we about to spend 18mil on a full back and why has Rafa said we have money to spend big? Trust me, I was sceptical and grilled my source but he is adament. He has worked at Anfield for several years.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Does he sell pies?

(Just joking - hope its true!)

Are you sure your mate doesn't work for Portsmouth now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Does he sell pies?

(Just joking - hope its true!)
    No he doesn't sell pies. He does stuff that finds it's way onto this website very often...and I don't mean the message boards. I hope as much as you do that he is right but I can't swear by it. I was as sceptical as anyone when he told me but he insisted it's true and he has never lied to me. When I visit the uk ( I live in Spain but I am in the UK at the moment) I call him and he gets me tickets for the match without any prob because he is a part of the club. I am being as honest as I can be and I don't lend myself to attention seeking. I hope so much that this is true.

i really hope your right but you have to understand not many people here will believe it atm as this has been said many times before, and after reading in the echo 2day that mp's are trying to stop the yanks with there re-financing package ****** was happening unless thats coincedence

but lets HOPE and see

Quote Originally Posted by elrojo2005 View Post
    ......told me tonight that we are now owned by a Kuwaiti company.....to all intents and purposes. I have a reliable mole who is using phrases like "done deal" and talking about big bucks being used already on the preparation side of things. Hold my hands up if I am wrong as I am not a sensationalist but this guy is on the inside and has never lied to me before.

Ok, I hear you! But why are we about to spend 18mil on a full back and why has Rafa said we have money to spend big? Trust me, I was sceptical and grilled my source but he is adament. He has worked at Anfield for several years.
    if this is true u might just have made my summer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Usher1989 View Post
    i really hope your right but you have to understand not many people here will believe it atm as this has been said many times before, and after reading in the echo 2day that mp's are trying to stop the yanks with there re-financing package ****** was happening unless thats coincedence

but lets HOPE and see
    Yes I understand your point, and I understand scepticism on this but this guy was fresh from Anfield, suit and tie, with the deal of a lifetime for what he does. Please understand that I can't betray that but do you think that any peripheral business around the club would get such a shot in the arm from G & H? Add to that Rafa's complacency about the funds to buy players. I don't normally contrbute to this subject on the boards but this is definately an inside source. I have my fingers crossed that I will not be a victim of "egg on face" but the guy was adament.

Yes I understand your point, and I understand scepticism on this but this guy was fresh from Anfield, suit and tie, with the deal of a lifetime for what he does. Please understand that I can't betray that but do you think that any perifferal business around the club would get such a shot in the arm from G & H? Add to that Rafa's complacency about the funds to buy players. I don't normally contrbute to this subject on the boards but this is definately an inside source. I have my fingers crossed that I will not be a victim of "egg on face" but the guy was adament.
    My problem with this kind of thing.
    If the guy is that much in the know, why would he tell you?

If he told you wouldn't he expect you to keep it quiet?
    If he did shouldn't you be keeping it quiet instead of broadcasting it to the world on here?
    Great news and all that but isn't privacy in the best interests of the club considering we're just about to start spending money?

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaros View Post
    My problem with this kind of thing.
    If the guy is that much in the know, why would he tell you?

If he told you wouldn't he expect you to keep it quiet?
    If he did shouldn't you be keeping it quiet instead of broadcasting it to the world on here?
    Great news and all that but isn't privacy in the best interests of the club considering we're just about to start spending money?
    tbh though if you were told something like that you would find it difficult to keep quiet about it i know i would, but i must admit its not like rafa to splash out on a defender is it, he usually deep searches into finding a defender on the cheap

tbh though if you were told something like that you would find it difficult to keep quiet about it i know i would, but i must admit its not like rafa to splash out on a defender is it, he usually deep searches into finding a defender on the cheap
    I care about the club and if I was trusted with that kind of info I wouldn't tell a soul.

If we sell Dossena Rafa only has to spend 5m out of the kitty.
    He's spending 18m on some quality, Parry's gone and this is what Rafa wants.

I care about the club and if I was trusted with that kind of info I wouldn't tell a soul.

If we sell Dossena Rafa only has to spend 5m out of the kitty.
    He's spending 18m on some quality, Parry's gone and this is what Rafa wants.
    we all care about the club thats why were here and here at this time some of us , but all im saying 18 mill is alot for a defender especially with rafa who always looks for the cheaper option

we all care about the club thats why were here and here at this time some of us , but all im saying 18 mill is alot for a defender especially with rafa who always looks for the cheaper option
    It's managable and Johnson is the right player.

where's the OP gone?

Get the prayer mats out. :deadhorse:

Quote Originally Posted by redjitsu View Post
    Get the prayer mats out. :deadhorse:
    I've prayed to Fowlah and am now going to sleep
    I'll see tmro if the OP left an answer for me re previous few posts..

It's managable and Johnson is the right player.

where's the OP gone?
    oh im not denying hes the right player he is good and potentailly world class, jus was surprised when i found out the price of the transfer.

Simo429 is offline Boot Room insider

agree with this elrojo has always seemed quite a honest bloke so i dont think he's WUMing at least

Quote Originally Posted by Simo429 View Post
    agree with this elrojo has always seemed quite a honest bloke so i dont think he's WUMing at least
    ooooh touching

aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Don't you just hate it when people come on here and start utter pish like this

I hope the deal gets done on a Friday that way we'll both be out the ****, in the meantime the fruit and veg stall on the market is open but best to wait until the end of the day when it's a bit more off

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    :keepmyfingerstightlycrossed!

I hope you are right and that we can go forward now. I know we are one or two players off. Please please please!!!!!!

Liverpoolforme is online now First team regular
    oh please let this be true if its true your source didnt by any chance mention a possible date for an anouncement did he??

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post

I hope the deal gets done on a Friday that way we'll both be out the ****, in the meantime the fruit and veg stall on the market is open but best to wait until the end of the day when it's a bit more off

i still have leftovers from the last round, but i really hope i wont have to use it

Aylesbyred - did you also hear something concerning a takeover?

can you repeat what you have said, i have check your profile but couldn't find anything.

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator

aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by THE-RAFINCI-CODE View Post
    Aylesbyred - did you also hear something concerning a takeover?

can you repeat what you have said, i have check your profile but couldn't find anything.
    err, no

err, and no again

you must be confusing me with that other idiot on here Aylesbyred.

Name your source, or at least his position.

It's the only way to get and credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post

i doubt he will/can do that

all i ask for is a timeline when it will be annouce, as what aylesbyred did, cos i am happy to live in this euphoria of an imminent takeover for now, but if it is all made up, i want a certain time for it to die off straight away instead of it lingering, leaving all of us in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post

I don;t think he'll name the source, given he works for the club...

We've heard all of this before... we always keep hoping one day it'll come true. hopefully, this time it does.

Yes I understand your point, and I understand scepticism on this but this guy was fresh from Anfield, suit and tie, with the deal of a lifetime for what he does. Please understand that I can't betray that but do you think that any perifferal business around the club would get such a shot in the arm from G & H? Add to that Rafa's complacency about the funds to buy players. I don't normally contrbute to this subject on the boards but this is definately an inside source. I have my fingers crossed that I will not be a victim of "egg on face" but the guy was adament.
    anyone who spells peripheral 'perifferal' and makes me smile this early on a friday morning gets my vote

where's the OP gone?
    At the time you posted this I was rattling the windows!

The guy who told me is at Anfield every day. He was very open about it and didn't give it the "don't tell a soul" routine. I only saw him for a short while last night and I will see him again tonight. I will talk to him and try to get some sort of confirmation but he is not given to making stories up. Thanks to Simo for the endorsement. I dont do "wum" and the club is my greatest passion and I've supported LFC for 51 years now. I desperately hope that this is true, given the club's current financial situation. Regarding the "trust" element that Redbaros spoke of, I didn't have to probe the guy, he was talking openly and I don't feel that it could be harmful to the club for me to broadcast it. Does anyone really take notice of us on here? I repeat one point for impact.....the guy is employed by LFC and that is 100% sure. If we were playing today and it was sold out I would bet large that he would find me a ticket. I met some posters at the Wigan match in October, one of which was trying to get me a ticket, as I now live in Spain (I'm over in Liverpool for a few days). I called him the day before the match to say he didn't need to bother as I had two tickets for the main stand, courtesy of my source, at a moments notice, and we all know how difficult that is. I'm just giving you references here.

Apologies to anyone who wants to question this but while I am here in Liverpool I will spend most of today seeing my kids and grandkids so I will not have a lot of internet access. I will look in again this evening. I don't want to fool anyone and my fingers are crossed on this. I share everyone's apprehension on this and I am not frivolous about the subject. If this is wrong I will not change my user name, it will be open season on elrojo!

Sneets is online now First team regular
    This is believable in the context of Rafa's demeanor, the pending purchase of Johnson and our seemingly having other funds available for purchases. The Yanks are up against it and ultimately the only way out for them is a sale. I have had a feeling that something is going on in the background for a while and Moore's departure from the Board also fits into the picture.