Notices
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Expansion?

Congratulations on your pedantry twiglet, I would imagine you also spend a lot of your time watching films and TV looking for continuity errors.

Keep up the good work, the world might be a sadder place without people like you.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Thank you LiverLife for pointing out the obvious overpressing of the zero key, that must have been exactly what I did.

It is not normally something that I do but I have to admit to having taken Morphine whilst creating the post and I was too tired, and spaced out, to proof-read my posting.

PS I did mention in one of my posts that I am on medically prescribed Morphine to try to control the pain from my handicap. It also has the benefit of making me tetchy and that inspires to have fun with people like TaffyFrog

Quote Originally Posted by LFClegendLFC View Post
    Can somebody please tell me when this stadium expansion at Anfield is going ahead because it is really getting on my nerves! It's taking the club nearly 11 years to begin proper talks on plans etc. so does anybody have any details on this to inform me about.
    What stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by fanfor50yrs View Post
    Thank you LiverLife for pointing out the obvious overpressing of the zero key, that must have been exactly what I did.

It is not normally something that I do but I have to admit to having taken Morphine whilst creating the post and I was too tired, and spaced out, to proof-read my posting.

PS I did mention in one of my posts that I am on medically prescribed Morphine to try to control the pain from my handicap. It also has the benefit of making me tetchy and that inspires to have fun with people like TaffyFrog
    I hope you realise that is all it is. If I ever dish out abuse on the forum it is always done with a huge tongue stuck firmly in my cheek mainly for my own amusement, and is certainly not intended to offend anyone

Both you and Ian Ayre just need to look a few miles down the road and you will see that a significant portion of their matchday revenue comes from corporate sales, ie boxes. This totally and unequivocally shows the speciousness of the argument about not getting corporate revenue because of our geographical position. The reason behind their corporate revenue is their success not their location. I know a lot of their support is from the South but I am also certain that their ground is not magically transported to the South for matchdays.

Businesses will pay for a corporate box at a successful club no matter where they or the club are based. It often happens as a result of that marvellous invention by the Wright brothers. There are 2 reasons why businesses pay for corporate boxes, the first is if the MD is a fan and the second is that they want to associate their business with success and be able to show this to their clients by inviting them to the box on matchdays. I know this personally as a result of personal experience.
    Just to say the club know exactly how important corp boxes are and on the anfield tour they even give you the amounts we get and other clubs get from boxes. They are planning on adding alot more.

Quote Originally Posted by TAFFYFROG View Post
    What an incoherent load of crap that was!

A new stadium would have cost 600 million

Redevelopment of Anfield will cost an estimated 300 million. That is 300 million saved that can be reinvested elsewhere, including in the team

Where the hell did you get it from that we were only 100 million short of the money to build the stadium in 2010? The club were already over 260million in debt and certainly did not have 500 million waiting to spend on a new stadium

H&G had no money for a new stadium, they never had. Their plan was to borrow further massive amounts to build the stadium secured against the club. The financial crisis meant they could not borrow the money as they intended, and tighter financial reviews by lenders started to raise questions about their sport franchise business dealings in the USA, most of which had followed the same blue print they were proposing at Liverpool and most had ended up as total disasters

Until H&G "bought" Liverpool FC we were owned by members of the Moores family who did not have the financial resources to build a new stadium, nor ultimately to compete with the spiralling transfer fees when the billionaire owners started to move into football

David Moores tried to do the decent thing and sell the club to responsible owners but sadly failed to identify the right buyers
    Think your figures are way over.

It doesn't even cost 600 million to buy a 60,000 seater stadium in London, so why would it cost even more to do it in Liverpool ?

It's a case of spending a large amount of money (300 to 400 million) for a brand new stadium (60,000 seats with expansion possibilities),
    or a lot less to extend Anfield.

New stadium costs just don't add up for an extra 15,000 in attendance numbers.

And even though we'd fill it for the big games, there are more average/small games than big games in a season.
    I don't think we'll be getting even 60K people in for games against, say, Stoke, West Brom, Palace, Villa, etc ...

Quote Originally Posted by urshurak View Post

It doesn't even cost 600 million to buy a 60,000 seater stadium in London, so why would it cost even more to do it in Liverpool ?

It's a case of spending a large amount of money (300 to 400 million) for a brand new stadium (60,000 seats with expansion possibilities),

And even though we'd fill it for the big games, there are more average/small games than big games in a season.
    I don't think we'll be getting even 60K people in for games against, say, Stoke, West Brom, Palace, Villa, etc ...
    You are probably right on the figures as I didn't check them before posting. I do recall redevelopment was less than half the cot of a new stadium though

I was interested in the comments from people who have done the Anfield stadium tour on the plans already started to increase corporate boxes, and on the potential to further extend Anfield to 70, 000 in a few years time subject to demand and demonstrating that the local infrastructure can cope with the increased capacity

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by holywood View Post
    I am in favour of preserving Anfield but obviously update it. It is terribly frustrating that this expansion is taking so long.
    Absolutely. But hopefully it will be a considerably less expensive way to increase the capacity, even if only initially to 55k-60k with room for (further) improvement and expansion.
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by j4130 View Post
    Just to say the club know exactly how important corp boxes are and on the anfield tour they even give you the amounts we get and other clubs get from boxes. They are planning on adding alot more.
    Yeah, I went on the tour last year, during the pre-season, and they said Corporate/executive boxes cost 60,000 a season for people to rent out which is a big income source. I believe there is around 40-50 executive rooms, so that's an income of upto 3 million a season. The entire hospitality packages, bring in millions a season as hospitality dinners, cost 180 for a three-course meal which happens before the match or at half-time, so that brings in alot of money also.

Yeah, I went on the tour last year, during the pre-season, and they said Corporate/executive boxes cost 60,000 a season for people to rent out which is a big income source. I believe there is around 40-50 executive rooms, so that's an income of upto 3 million a season. The entire hospitality packages, bring in millions a season as hospitality dinners, cost 180 for a three-course meal which happens before the match or at half-time, so that brings in alot of money also.
    348 executive boxes in the centenary stand it states, although I think that is surely 348 places/seats? http://www.thisisanfield.com/clubinfo/anfield/stands/
    Nothing is impossible whilst it's still possible..........

JH himself tweeted Peter McGurk's vision for Anfield, anyone seen it? http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...mcgurk-3343322

The club do now own all the houses round the ground don't they? Or is this another waiting like they had to do with the old dear who would not move when the now I can't remember for sure I think it was the Kemlyn Road stand got redeveloped early 80's

Didn't take too long when they bought up the properties on Edge Lane. I think it's more a case of compliance from the courts and the local authority.

I hope when it does go through that they up the proposed capacity and the additional conference space and facilities are designed on what best suits the public. So many stadiums have cr*p conference facilities that are unusuable for most events or have an 11:00pm liscence (pointless)

Quote Originally Posted by Koppower View Post
    The club do now own all the houses round the ground don't they? Or is this another waiting like they had to do with the old dear who would not move when the now I can't remember for sure I think it was the Kemlyn Road stand got redeveloped early 80's
    Several holding out was the last message in the Echo.

Here is a statement from a resident: http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4153/capturean.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RedTrilogy View Post
    Several holding out was the last message in the Echo.

Here is a statement from a resident: http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4153/capturean.jpg
    O boy! hear we go again then. It does make you wonder if the Stanley Park idea would have been better. Stadiums and houses near bye are not a good combination.

O boy! hear we go again then. It does make you wonder if the Stanley Park idea would have been better. Stadiums and houses near bye are not a good combination.
    4 houses left but he has a point as when we bought the myriad of properties around Anfield, particularly Lothiar Road, we did nothing with them.

4 houses left but he has a point as when we bought the myriad of properties around Anfield, particularly Lothiar Road, we did nothing with them.
    Yes that was out of order by the club, I know that the other residents near to the vacant properties quite right complained as I remember reading the Echo that drug dealers had started hovering around and using them to work from. Is it just me but are LFC miles behind other clubs when it comes to redeveloping or building a new ground?.

I so enjoy reading a clueless idiot calling other people clueless idiots. To each his own but check your IQ before calling anybody a clueless idiot, just to help you mine was last tested at 168. Take the test and see if you can score above 120.

If Stanley Park was going to cost 600 million the planned expansion will be at least half of that, where's that money coming from.

Arsenal built their new stadium for around 390 million, rising to nearly 4700 million if you include other costs, on loans backed by their sponsors, and incredibly enough they have proved my point. They have repaid entirely the loans on the new ground from the extra revenue raised on matchdays and other occasions. Meanwhile they also managed to retain European Champions League every year.

As a clueless idiot have you calculated how much revenue we will lose from closing off parts of the ground while redevelopment occurs, unless we do it piecemeal further delaying the full increase in revenue.

Whether it is redevelopment or new build, it will probably be done by a series of stage payments, like when a house is built.

Meanwhile none of this distracts from my main point, could my new clueless idiot "friend"give me a date as to when we will see FSG putting a spade into the ground.

Also I still need him to answer why FSG have not given Rodgers the normal annual budget, say 25 million, for transfers to which should be added the extra 30 million that each PL club has gained as a result of the new TV deal. To me, and I did check it with a calculator, that comes to 55 million. Does my new "friend" believe that Rodgers will be given that amount, I somehow doubt it but no accounting for clueless idiots.

We all cheered when H&G took over and gave us all sweet whispers, I remember how the people who warned against them were criticised. I'm not saying that FSG will turn into H&G merely stating that there appears to be a lot of similarity with H&G in how they are acting, eg. low transfer budgets, ground progress, etc. The main difference between H&G and FSG at the moment is that we now have a supporters committee, possibly a toothless sop to make us feel more involved.

As I have said on previous occasions, I truly hope to be proved wrong and that FSG do everything they promised, but I have just placed a bet that the spade will not be in the ground before 2020.

As before, Happy New Year to all red-people and try not to dribble and drool too much my new found clueless "friend". I found it easier to talk at your level after I took my prescribed pain medication of morphine because otherwise I would have probably found it too demanding.
    Did you check the 4700 million figure you came up with with a calculator too or did you merely rely on your stupendous IQ for this?

You are probably right on the figures as I didn't check them before posting. I do recall redevelopment was less than half the cot of a new stadium though

I was interested in the comments from people who have done the Anfield stadium tour on the plans already started to increase corporate boxes, and on the potential to further extend Anfield to 70, 000 in a few years time subject to demand and demonstrating that the local infrastructure can cope with the increased capacity
    You do know the lads who do the stadium tour are not on the board right?

LFC acted as a corporation and looked at costs and profits. In this regard it has managed the decline around the ground for decades now. What was once a thriving neighbourhood has been blighted and that blight exasperated by the actions and in actions of LFC.

This makes the assessment of market value very contentious.

Yes that was out of order by the club, I know that the other residents near to the vacant properties quite right complained as I remember reading the Echo that drug dealers had started hovering around and using them to work from. Is it just me but are LFC miles behind other clubs when it comes to redeveloping or building a new ground?.
    Moores and Parry missed a huge trick IMO. The Anfield Road upper tier was and is a monstrosity, unneeded and expensive. The new KOP is completely the wrong angle or "rake" and should have been far steeper and less irregular shape. They made a right mess of things but they can be both altered.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    LFC acted as a corporation and looked at costs and profits. In this regard it has managed the decline around the ground for decades now. What was once a thriving neighbourhood has been blighted and that blight exasperated by the actions and in actions of LFC.

This makes the assessment of market value very contentious.
    I agree entirely.

Why don't the residents just move?

Liverpool F.C need to offer them a new house further away from the stadium and a season ticket, in exchange for their old house which will be knocked down, and we can get on with this expansion. The longer we wait, the more money you're losing! It's just costing more and more money negotiating, and waiting around.

How much is that going to cost Liverpool for a couple of new houses, that are like two bedrooms each? 1 million for all of them? That's nothing for the owners, and you would have made that back in one home game, from TV money, food and drink, and ticket income. Just offer them a new house, and season ticket for each household, and we can get the expansion underway, and the KOP will be as loud as ever, from the atmosphere. Ticket sales alone would increase your income by at least 25%!!!!
    Last edited by LFClegendLFC; 3-1-14 at 15:30.

Why don't the residents just move?

Liverpool F.C need to offer them a new house further away from the stadium and a season ticket, in exchange for their old house which will be knocked down, and we can get on with this expansion. The longer we wait, the more money you're losing! It's just costing more and more money negotiating, and waiting around.

How much is that going to cost Liverpool for a couple of new houses, that are like two bedrooms each? 1 million for all of them? That's nothing for the owners, and you would have made that back in one home game, from TV money, food and drink, and ticket income. Just offer them a new house, and season ticket for each household, and we can get the expansion underway, and the KOP will be as loud as ever, from the atmosphere. Ticket sales alone would increase your income by at least 25%!!!!
    Its clearly not that simple
    Last edited by TheLiverLife; 3-1-14 at 15:36.

Quote Originally Posted by urshurak View Post

I'm sure I read somewhere that we've got over 30,000 fans waiting for years to be season ticket holders or something similar to those minds which would suggest that building a new stadium we can actually sell more season tickets when that the more benefit to the club

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere that we've got over 30,000 fans waiting for years to be season ticket holders or something similar to those minds which would suggest that building a new stadium we can actually sell more season tickets when that the more benefit to the club
    It was 70,000, now filleted down to about 40,000.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    You do know the lads who do the stadium tour are not on the board right?
    Yes, but for several to independently state the same thing is encouraging and it does make sense

The article opted above that included the comments from one of the residents is t the heart of the current problems. I posted over a year ago that some individuals probably had unrealistic expectations of what they can and should receive

LFC will offer them more than current market value. If they hold on and the Council impose a CPO they will end up with less than market value

The problem is that some individuals believe they should also be compensated for the memories associated with their current homes, and even for he blight they have suffered in the area. There are also some private landlords who don't live in the area who are trying to factor in the potential benefit to LFC to drive up the sale price

Although there are many empty properties in then area that have been bought by the club, that is to the only or main reason for the deprivation in the area

The article opted above that included the comments from one of the residents is t the heart of the current problems. I posted over a year ago that some individuals probably had unrealistic expectations of what they can and should receive

LFC will offer them more than current market value. If they hold on and the Council impose a CPO they will end up with less than market value

The problem is that some individuals believe they should also be compensated for the memories associated with their current homes, and even for he blight they have suffered in the area. There are also some private landlords who don't live in the area who are trying to factor in the potential benefit to LFC to drive up the sale price

Although there are many empty properties in then area that have been bought by the club, that is to the only or main reason for the deprivation in the area
    With just several houses left wil it be legally correct and proper to give those remaining owners a bigger purse than earlier purchases?

With just several houses left wil it be legally correct and proper to give those remaining owners a bigger purse than earlier purchases?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLil8 View Post
    Yes.
    You a lawyer? Never knew that. Will we have vicarious liability for what we have already bought though?