Notices
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Expansion?

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by Koppower View Post
    The club do now own all the houses round the ground don't they? Or is this another waiting like they had to do with the old dear who would not move when the now I can't remember for sure I think it was the Kemlyn Road stand got redeveloped early 80's
    5 still privately owned
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by RedTrilogy View Post
    You a lawyer? Never knew that. Will we have vicarious liability for what we have already bought though?
    They sold their house, it was their choice, they agreed to a price. Had they waited, who knows how much more they "could" have gotten.

I'm no lawyer, or wise to this sort of thing, but basic common sense suggests.... those who have waited and "don't" want to sell, may end up getting more.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfor50yrs View Post
    We are having a great season but unfortunately the lack of squad depth is making us suffer, What other team would need to substitute Coutinho, Sterling or Henderson with players the quality of Aspas and Moses. Why do we lack squad depth, bad investment and lack of transfer funds. It has been obvious we needed another creative midfielder but whenever we seemed to get close 2 thngs stopped us, lack of Champions League and money. Now we are in the top four do you think we'll spend the 25 - 40 million needed to get a quality proven creative midfielder who can step straight into the team. It's more likely that we'll buy 3 players for 7 million each and hope one of them will turn out to be a gem
    this is always easier said than done. even easier when it isnt your money or you behind the scenes trying to bring in players.

you cant build a house without a foundation. we are gradually building the 'house' as our foundation looks to be in place. we keep up our pace and secure CL then i can see us catching the big boys. until than we will always lack their depth

@bold; lets be honest here. before the season who could we even attract? the media was full of suarez (possibly losing our best player) wanting a transfer. throw in the fact we had no european football. we tried and failed, it wasnt for a lack of effort. we had no choice but to settle for less and that is the cold hard truth. if you want to call that 'bad investments' go for it. ask yourself this though; would you rather us have to sell the likes of aspas in the summer and take a small loss? or would you rather of us panicked in the summer and spent on the likes of marouane fellaini like united did when their targets never materialized.

Was looking for the 'No New Stadium' thread but can't find it so this one will have to do.

A couple of bits of news. Seems this is going to pick up a bit of steam now:

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/04...are-purchased/

http://t.co/jJlwq6C8zD

A few picks on there too.

How much bigger do you think it would be? I would hope for 60-65 thousand, that would be a great source of revenue. An extra 20 thousand seats.

Yeah I saw that John Henry interview, and could tell from that it will start heating up properly.

My guess is that the whole thing will be done and dusted by August 2017. Henry seemed to be saying that these refurbishments genuinely take a long time, and he was speaking from the Red Sox experience too.

Quote Originally Posted by diego_LFC View Post
    How much bigger do you think it would be? I would hope for 60-65 thousand, that would be a great source of revenue. An extra 20 thousand seats.
    The quoted figure is just below 59,000. That will be a good start although I had hoped for more. After all, it's going to take 4 years

I wonder if the was ever the need to expand again they would do the Kop? Could it still be expanded by keeping it a single tier?

Rumoured plans look great. Two huge expanded stands. They fit in well with the others. I always prefer those kinds of stands with the metal frame thing over it (I don't know the technical term).

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger1 View Post
    I hope they go for an over 70, 000 capacity stadium rather than the original 60,000.
    You seem well informed on this subject

Quote Originally Posted by smokintony View Post
    we will be asking this same thing in another 10 years time
    Spade for sale.............As New

I have read some reports we are only increasing capacity by 5000 and its costing 150m to achieve this? Can't be right surely? We must be aiming for 60,000 capacity otherwise whats the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsmyth View Post
    I have read some reports we are only increasing capacity by 5000 and its costing 150m to achieve this? Can't be right surely? We must be aiming for 60,000 capacity otherwise whats the point?
    They will have done a cost analysis and will have made sure the expansion is cost effective. We obviously don't know all the facts.

Don't worry your pretty little head.

Quote Originally Posted by diego_LFC View Post
    Most of the reports seem to think it will be 58,800 which is roughly the 'sweet spot' that has always been discussed. I can't imagine it would be much different from that.

The one thing that I would note though, is just how much bigger the two new stands are than the other two. There would almost certainly be potential to expand the other two further down the line, or even fill in the corners (obviously there would be a few obstacles to overcome before it gets to that point though - like the road being immediately behind the Kop). I think there could definitely be potential for upwards of 75,000 if we needed it 15 years or so from now.

From what I've been reading, the 150m is spread over three years, which will ultimately bring up the capacity to about 60,000. Plans are still not finalized, however.

I think we could have the ground holding 70,000 I know some want 80, 90 thousand but let us be honest we would not fill a 80 thousand + seated stadium.

60K will do

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    60K will do
    for now

I cant wait to but the 3D puzzle version of the stadium

Going off 'rumours' we need to remember that the expansion of the stadium will be such that it allows further expansion. Plans continually change as developments are constructed and with the nature of the economy I am sure the owners wish to be conservative with the estimates.

I wouldn't be surprised that if we are continually successful in the Prem and CL over the next 2/3 season the rumoured 60k capacity will be enhanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafarendum View Post
    The quoted figure is just below 59,000. That will be a good start although I had hoped for more. After all, it's going to take 4 years
    I don't see how that could be a significant change. I don't think they should bother expanding if they aren't going big. Revenue wise any expansion will be great but the atmosphere would be astonishing with a 65000 capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_U View Post
    They will have done a cost analysis and will have made sure the expansion is cost effective. We obviously don't know all the facts.

Don't worry your pretty little head.
    How did you know my head was pretty?

Well I looked at it and say on average every fan brings the club 60 in revenue each match day (tickets, shop etc) and we have say 28 games at home (just for arguments sake)

5000 x 60 = 300k
    300k x 28 = 8.4m

Thats a pretty long time to repay a 150m investment?

You are right though we don't know exact figures but I would imagine if 150 is the suggested investment in the stadium we will likely be getting a lot more than just 5000 increased capacity.

How did you know my head was pretty?

Well I looked at it and say on average every fan brings the club 60 in revenue each match day (tickets, shop etc) and we have say 28 games at home (just for arguments sake)

5000 x 60 = 300k
    300k x 28 = 8.4m

You are right though we don't know exact figures but I would imagine if 150 is the suggested investment in the stadium we will likely be getting a lot more than just 5000 increased capacity.
    60,000 capacity certainly makes much more sense financially. We would probably be looking at 25m+ additional revenue each year from the additional 15,000 seats and the 150m investment looks much more like money well spent then.

Ian Ayre stated only this year it was between 60,000 - 65,000, so unless there is a radical rethink, or planning issue, this leak doesn't seem credible.
    Nothing is impossible whilst it's still possible..........

Exactly !!

If we get extra 13,000 seats. We will be generating extra 17m if we have at least 22 home games a season.

Though i am not sure but we are also looking for naming partners of our new stands as well. Surely, we will get at least 30m from that.
    Last edited by bitts2; 23-4-14 at 14:20.

smokintony is offline Boot Room insider
    Its not worth thinking about/discussing when we actually see it built and the seats in place I will believe

Aren't the plans supposed to be released sometime this week?

Quote Originally Posted by rederman View Post
    for now
    They said option for increasing in the future will be included in initial plans for later...

60,000 capacity certainly makes much more sense financially. We would probably be looking at 25m+ additional revenue each year from the additional 15,000 seats and the 150m investment looks much more like money well spent then.
    If you look at the design and the increased footprint of the stands I think that this is more than just about another 15k seats, it is about taking more money from each match going fan.

Lots of corporate and increased concourse areas.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    If you look at the design and the increased footprint of the stands I think that this is more than just about another 15k seats, it is about taking more money from each match going fan.

Lots of corporate and increased concourse areas.
    ^

For arguments sake, lets say the capacity will go up to 60,000 (nice round number) - of the 15,000 increase don't be surprised if 2/3 of this increase is corporate. This is where the money is.

Jamsmyth

5000 x 60 = 300k
    300k x 28 = 8.4m

Jamsmyth - If the increase was only 5,000 I would guess that near enough 100% of the increase would be corporate seating! Otherwise as you have pointed out it doesn't make financial sense!