Notices
Closed Thread
Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 2890

Thread: Stadium Expansion?

raybarnes is offline Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    No...Arsenal fans want the PL title and the European Cup.

They don't really care about the FA or League Cups.

I'm tempted to merge this thread with the FSG one...because it's becoming the same old stuff.
    They should be merged
    Its sad our domestic cups are looked down on those Wembley trips are fantastic bur because the revenue that the CL brings the cups are now classed as add ons
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    They should be merged
    Its sad our domestic cups are looked down on those Wembley trips are fantastic bur because the revenue that the CL brings the cups are now classed as add ons
    I love the domestic cups...when we win them of course.

But all I really want is the league.

Getting in the top 4 on a regular basis gives us the best chance, albeit a small one, of winning the league.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    Well one can still get pleasure out of our club. Trouble is our golden age was when you were growing up and seeing nothing but success. This is spoiling your enjoyment now. I want success as much as you.
    I have really enjoyed this season especially before Christmas when we were playing mouth watering football a few blips since but still very enjoyable.
    Hopefully Sunday will give us the target i think most of us hoped for getting back into the CL

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    I love the domestic cups...when we win them of course.

But all I really want is the league.

Getting in the top 4 on a regular basis gives us the best chance, albeit a small one, of winning the league.
    Agreed top 4 regularly will help massivly

Last edited by GrottonRed; 19-5-17 at 19:13. Reason: posted solely to provoke a reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    In the context of league titles, Shanks was correct, and he still is. These days second, third and fourth might be good for the club's finances because of CL qualification, but despite what some fans and the media might think, that isn't an accomplishment. Unless you lift a trophy, you've accomplished nothing.
    Kenny put a trophy in the cabinet and was sacked not much profit to be had in our domestic cups its all about profit hence no redevelopment of the Anny Rd sometimes it would be nice if profit wasn't the be all and end all

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Kenny put a trophy in the cabinet and was sacked not much profit to be had in our domestic cups its all about profit hence no redevelopment of the Anny Rd sometimes it would be nice if profit wasn't the be all and end all
    That's just plain silly talk.... :FP:

Quote Originally Posted by Home_and_Away View Post
    That's just plain silly talk.... :FP:
    Silly talk...
    Virtually every conversation anyone has about football money is the main talking points whether it be transfer fees wages profit margins ect ect
    Trophies are way down the order wining a domestic cup could still lead to a manager getting sacked because there is not a great deal of profit in domestic cups

Sorry about posting in here just realised this is the Stadium Expansion thread

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    I'm closing this thread as it has become just another FSG discussion.

I'll edit the FSG thread title to allow all off field matters relating to the club, to be debated in there.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.