Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or is LFC video streaming really REALLY poor?

1. #1 Default Is it just me or is LFC video streaming really REALLY poor? 
    Since signing back up to be able to watch video highlights, I haven't been able to watch a single video without it freezing / buffering all the way through...

At first I thought it might just be my wifi connection but I've now got a double speed 4G contact and I get nearly 50mbps.... But still, the video streaming seems to be a complete pile of pants.

I'm not having issues anywhere else, only on this site.....

Anyone else having the same problem?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Yes mate its a real problem. I live in Vietnam where the internet is not that wonderful so it always freezes up. It was better before when we could download videos but we cant do that anymore apparently due to copyright issues.

Oh and what on earth happened to the 40 minute highlights?

Not that it makes a difference to be honest.... The stream quality is so crap it'd probably take me a ****** week to get through it

I've had no problems, so don't know what to make of it really.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYearSuarezolution View Post
    Oh and what on earth happened to the 40 minute highlights?

Not that it makes a difference to be honest.... The stream quality is so crap it'd probably take me a ****** week to get through it
    Yes the 40 minute highlights were great. Now just live with the 11 minute ones (which takes 20 minutes to watch)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrant View Post
    Yes mate its a real problem. I live in Vietnam where the internet is not that wonderful so it always freezes up. It was better before when we could download videos but we cant do that anymore apparently due to copyright issues.
    I can understand if you're having problems due to weak Internet speeds Parrant. .. But if I'm having problems with a 50mbps connection something seriously needs sorting.

To be honest if it continues like this I'll cancel my subscription. Poor poor service from LFC.

Generally works fine for me. If you find it slow, try rendering it at a lower rate. You can change the streaming settings on the video itself. How old is your computer, just out of interest?

cravenz is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    I've had the same problem with this for many months and just today flagged it up as I thought it was only me or something but getting a bit sick of the issue on my end. My internet with everything else is perfectly fine and I'm using fibre.

At any rate, I'm moving this to website feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashmundo View Post
    I've had no problems, so don't know what to make of it really.
    I'm surprised Dash.... I haven't been able to watch a single video without it driving me up the ****** wall.

I'm surprised Dash.... I haven't been able to watch a single video without it driving me up the ****** wall.

Welcome to the club

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny-Rodgers View Post
    Generally works fine for me. If you find it slow, try rendering it at a lower rate. You can change the streaming settings on the video itself. How old is your computer, just out of interest?
    Using a Galaxy Note 3 on 4G..... Like I said I get close to 50mbps so I shouldn't be getting any sticking or buffering at all.... But it's pretty much unwatchable.

I wouldn't be so bothered but I'm paying a monthly subscription for **** service. Not on.
    Last edited by cravenz; 9-2-14 at 12:45. Reason: please don't avoid the swear filter.

Using a Galaxy Note 3 on 4G..... Like I said I get close to 50mbps so I shouldn't be getting any sticking or buffering at all.... But it's pretty much unwatchable.

I wouldn't be so bothered but I'm paying a monthly subscription for **** service. Not on.
    I'm running it from my desktop and get up to 100mbps. Even at the lowest video setting, I'm stuck with buffering issues. Like I said, I can watch videos everywhere else fine but just not on the LFC site.

Cravenz.... You could've waited a while before moving this to WF mate...

Would've given other people a chance to give their feedback to gauge how many others are having the same problem.

This thread will disappear into oblivion here.

I also have the same issue on my phone. Works ok on my pc. I find it very annoying too. Not an internet speed issue.

Seriously Cravenz.... Please move this back to the LFCTV ONLINE forum.

There's a reason I posted the thread on there and not in WF. It's because this is a issue I'm getting as a PAYING member. It's not a general website problem.

I pay to be able to watch the videos and I pay to be able to post on the main forum.

And this an issue that might be affecting many other PAYING members, not just us.

But if you stick the thread in the corner like you've done, how will you ever find out?

Cravenz.... You could've waited a while before moving this to WF mate...

Would've given other people a chance to give their feedback to gauge how many others are having the same problem.

This thread will disappear into oblivion here.
    Seriously Cravenz.... Please move this back to the LFCTV ONLINE forum.

There's a reason I posted the thread on there and not in WF. It's because this is a issue I'm getting as a PAYING member. It's not a general website problem.

I pay to be able to watch the videos and I pay to be able to post on the main forum.

And this an issue that might be affecting many other PAYING members, not just us.

But if you stick the thread in the corner like you've done, how will you ever find out?
    With the greatest of respect, the privilege you enjoy as an E-Season Ticket holder does entitle you to post in the Online Football section but it does subject you to the terms and conditions of the site. Where appropriate, the thread will be move to the relevant section and as your query/complaint is directly to do with the website itself, it has been moved to website feedback so the query can be answered in due course. Leaving it in the Online Football section will not solve your problem at all.

Should any posters wish to give feedback on this particular issue, they can do so here in this sub-section of the forums.

I've just watched the 11 minute highlights from start to finish with no buffering or issues of any kind.

Is it possible that when you guys try watching, the website/video is particularly busy at that time?

Quote Originally Posted by cravenz View Post
    With the greatest of respect, the privilege you enjoy as an E-Season Ticket holder does entitle you to post in the Online Football section but it does subject you to the terms and conditions of the site. Where appropriate, the thread will be move to the relevant section and as your query/complaint is directly to do with the website itself, it has been moved to website feedback so the query can be answered in due course. Leaving it in the Online Football section will not solve your problem at all.

Should any posters wish to give feedback on this particular issue, they can do so here in this sub-section of the forums.
    I understand mate. I just thought it made sense to leave it there a little longer to give people a chance to reply, and then move it. . Who really looks here?

I have the same, extremely annoying problem. It's not often I curse LFC but the online videos cause me to every single time I try to watch one.

I've never had any problems with it when I've had a decent internet connection.

Quote Originally Posted by redfash View Post
    I have the same, extremely annoying problem. It's not often I curse LFC but the online videos cause me to every single time I try to watch one.
    Makes it pointless, and extremely annoying watching highlights. Surely there's an obvious issue that needs sorting.

Was looking forward to watching the entire 1st half again.... But I'll end up throwing my phone up the wall if I try.

At least I know I'm not the only one.

Its horrendous and almost not worth paying the money for.

I have a 60mb connection so there is no excuses either. Ridiculous service. Very unhappy.

I understand mate. I just thought it made sense to leave it there a little longer to give people a chance to reply, and then move it. . Who really looks here?
    I understand where you are coming from, but as you can see, you are still getting responses. People do check these parts of the forums

Quote Originally Posted by redfash View Post
    Perhaps what I could suggest is that everyone who has or even hasn't had a problem with streaming LFCTV videos include the following:

1. What platform are you using to view the video? PC / Mobile
    2. What browser are you using to view the video? Firefox / Chrome / Explorer / Others
    3. What region / country are you accessing the video from?

Feel free to include any other pertinent information that you feel could aid the IT department in getting to the source of the issue.

Thanks!

I've tried a Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S4 and now a Galaxy Note 3 on double speed 4G.

Browser is Chrome and I've also tried the stock mobile Internet browser.

Issues all round.

Oh and I'm in the UK, Birmingham.

Quote Originally Posted by cravenz View Post
    Perhaps what I could suggest is that everyone who has or even hasn't had a problem with streaming LFCTV videos include the following:

1. What platform are you using to view the video? PC / Mobile
    2. What browser are you using to view the video? Firefox / Chrome / Explorer / Others
    3. What region / country are you accessing the video from?

Feel free to include any other pertinent information that you feel could aid the IT department in getting to the source of the issue.

Thanks!

This really is VERY important to help things get resolved as there are at least 3 IT departments who have a level or responsibility in this - depending on exactly what the problem is.
    The streaming of video is a complex and distributed thing.
    To deliver 1 video our own servers, the servers of our video partner and the servers of our CDN provider are all involved. Each can cause it's own issues and problems.

For one reason and another your individual internet speed is by and large not often much to do with it because anyone's internet connection has "multiple speeds" to different areas of the internet. If you go to something like http://www.speedtest.net/ and select different test points you will see your speed changes for different test end points.

It all comes down to how different ISP's are connected to each other and specific parts of the internet - especially the CDN endpoints which are the final jump point where the video is delivered to you from.

For example all UK ISP's have special relationships with the video streaming from BBC/ITV/4oD etc - when iPlayer and iPlayer Mobile first launched it was piloted with specific ISP's and mobile phone providers before being rolled out to all ISP's. Meaning initially some people got a better experience than others on those services.

Please also make use of the feedback ability on the player.
    Next to the "full screen" icon, bottom right of the player is an icon of 2 "speech bubbles".
    Clicking that gives you the ability to select an issue and submit details.
    When you submit those details lots of other helpful information from your browser/internet connection is included.

The more submissions there are the more likely that patterns will appear to allow issues to be identified and resolved.

Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by LFCStaffDavidChannon View Post
    This really is VERY important to help things get resolved as there are at least 3 IT departments who have a level or responsibility in this - depending on exactly what the problem is.
    To deliver 1 video our own servers, the servers of our video partner and the servers of our CDN provider are all involved. Each can cause it's own issues and problems.

For one reason and another your individual internet speed is by and large not often much to do with it because anyone's internet connection has "multiple speeds" to different areas of the internet. If you go to something like http://www.speedtest.net/ and select different test points you will see your speed changes for different test end points.

It all comes down to how different ISP's are connected to each other and specific parts of the internet - especially the CDN endpoints which are the final jump point where the video is delivered to you from.

For example all UK ISP's have special relationships with the video streaming from BBC/ITV/4oD etc - when iPlayer and iPlayer Mobile first launched it was piloted with specific ISP's and mobile phone providers before being rolled out to all ISP's. Meaning initially some people got a better experience than others on those services.

Next to the "full screen" icon, bottom right of the player is an icon of 2 "speech bubbles".
    When you submit those details lots of other helpful information from your browser/internet connection is included.

The more submissions there are the more likely that patterns will appear to allow issues to be identified and resolved.

Regards
    David
    Let's just hope it gets sorted David..... Ridiculous at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by LFCStaffDavidChannon View Post

Regards
    David
    I can't see any speech button next to the full screen icon?

Hi,

Link to image with the icon in a red box:
    http://i.imgur.com/vVKT8sb.jpg

Will not be present on older non-flash videos.

Thanks
    David

When I pause a vid or when it finishes I get a grey box in the middle of the screen with a message "web clip not found "

is this normal?

otherwise its ok , sometimes though if i pause and want to play again it cant and I have to refresh the page.

Or moving the vid forwards or backwards it does the same. I have to refresh and find where I wanted to watch the part of the vid again.

Any progress with this issue? I tried watching the FA Cup highlights and it's just ridiculous.