Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it just me or is LFC video streaming really REALLY poor?

Cravenz, David.. ..... Any update? Told you this thread would disappear soon enough!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYearSuarezolution View Post
    Cravenz, David.. ..... Any update? Told you this thread would disappear soon enough!
    Sorry about this NYS, I have passed it to Fernando personally. Perhaps it doesn't have a rapid solution. But be assured they are aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Sorry about this NYS, I have passed it to Fernando personally. Perhaps it doesn't have a rapid solution. But be assured they are aware.
    Torres?

Janno: "Hey Fernando, did you see my message about the streaming issue?"

Fernando: "Errrrrr, sorry boss, I missed it"

:-p

Quote Originally Posted by NewYearSuarezolution View Post
    Torres?

Janno: "Hey Fernando, did you see my message about the streaming issue?"

Fernando: "Errrrrr, sorry boss, I missed it"

:-p
    http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/thread...uction-Message

cravenz is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    This is suddenly working fine for me.

LFCStaffFernando is offline Online Community Manager
    Hi all.

The team here have been working to implement improvements on LFC TV, however any particular problems you have been facing with it should be addressed using the appropriate option on the website (http://help.liverpoolfc.tv/app/ask) and then contacting Customer Experience so they can review the issues with the streaming provider.

Unfortunately the moderators are usually not in a position to provide assistance to customers but you can always refer to this thread to know how to obtain other forms of support from the club: http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/thread...mer-Experience.

Hope this is useful.
    Fernando Maisonnave
    Online Community Manager

pron1n is offline Armchair supporter
    I am having the same issues. Only on mobile. I have a stock Galaxy S4 which streams anything without a hitch, except here. It has nothing to do with my end. I am on a line measured to 100/10 and as I said, everything else works just fine. This is due to poor programming of the new streaming service. Please just switch to someone competent as your video service partner. This has been going on way too long. I submitted the issue to support a while back and got an although polite, arrogant answer stating nothing was wrong. I am in Norway by the way. Thanks in advance.

SingaporeRed is offline Armchair supporter
    Just a quick suggestion to those having these problems. One potential issue is your own ISP's DNS servers. Where I am (Philippines) they are truly awful. I changed my. DNS settings to use OpenDNS and there was a major improvement.

Not great even now but much better than before. It's worth a try...look for a public DNS server and see if it helps.

SingaporeRed

Since LFC.tv first started offering video streams they've been unbearably choppy for me, only the choice of bit rates has gone up somewhat over the years...

My bandwidth graph show massive see-sawing with totally fine peak speeds but mainly lengthy low-speed plateaus resulting in buffering and frozen/skipped video. Even stable studio scenes are struggling and now that they show players warming up (i.e. some movement) there's instant buffering.

I'm currently in HK and streaming UK video from the likes of BBC and ITV is totally fluid in HD quality. I thought HK was supposed to have a large LFC contingent and the networks are first class so I can only think of a 1) useless streaming partner, 2) inefficient codecs and 3) too small video buffers combining to create a truly forgettable user experience.

Turning the "quality" all the way down to "500kbps" reduces the incessant buffering to more bearable (although still unacceptable in 2014) levels but of course video quality does down to 1990s grainy levels as well. And then Sterling scores early and all is forgotten!

But seriously, the video streaming quality is still simply unacceptable at least here overseas.

PS. when viewed on a bog standard 1366x768 laptop screen the useless fat LFCTV GO red and white "menu" banner takes up so much space that the actual video is only fully visible in fullscreen browser mode (F11). Fullscreening the video itself will result in even grainier picture due to scaling.
    Last edited by Patrick_; 27-7-14 at 23:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_ View Post
    Since LFC.tv first started offering video streams they've been unbearably choppy for me, only the choice of bit rates has gone up somewhat over the years...

My bandwidth graph show massive see-sawing with totally fine peak speeds but mainly lengthy low-speed plateaus resulting in buffering and frozen/skipped video. Even stable studio scenes are struggling and now that they show players warming up (i.e. some movement) there's instant buffering.

I'm currently in HK and streaming UK video from the likes of BBC and ITV is totally fluid in HD quality. I thought HK was supposed to have a large LFC contingent and the networks are first class so I can only think of a 1) useless streaming partner, 2) inefficient codecs and 3) too small video buffers combining to create a truly forgettable user experience.

Turning the "quality" all the way down to "500kbps" reduces the incessant buffering to more bearable (although still unacceptable in 2014) levels but of course video quality does down to 1990s grainy levels as well. And then Sterling scores early and all is forgotten!

But seriously, the video streaming quality is still simply unacceptable at least here overseas.

PS. when viewed on a bog standard 1366x768 laptop screen the useless fat LFCTV GO red and white "menu" banner takes up so much space that the actual video is only fully visible in fullscreen browser mode (F11). Fullscreening the video itself will result in even grainier picture due to scaling.
    Hi Patrick

Sorry you are having these problems. We aren't able to tackle technical issues on here, though, so all I can do is refer you to the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page, and your message will be directed to the right department to deal with.

Hope you get it sorted soon

I didn't bother with the generic contact link, but while all the pre-season streams have been poor at grainy 500kbps at best, tonight's game has often been choppy even at that lofty speed.

I can only hope the global streams will get sorted out eventually since all other video streams reach here just fine.

---

Update: Just confirming that the poor streaming to my location (HK) is not just a temporary problem. Again vs. Dortmund it was constantly buffering even at lowly 500kbps and even when it works it's of course grainy as h3ll. I resorted to trying an unofficial 1000kbps P2P stream from Germany which turned out what I would've expected from a subscription service like LFC.TV quality-wise.
    Last edited by Patrick_; 10-8-14 at 14:56. Reason: update

Since the streams are horrible even at lowest bitrates and clips can't even be downloaded (for viewing when ready) I have no other rational option but to unsubscribe again, but the Cancel Subscription page does nothing when I press to confirm... well actually it seems to just reload the page but nothing happens and there's no confirmation email or anything.

Why can't it just be as simple as paying and really watching the great content at reasonable quality.
    Last edited by Patrick_; 27-8-14 at 22:33.

The whole site is poorly ran to be honest, you probably get better quality if you know someone in charge, thats how this place seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by cravenz View Post
    This is suddenly working fine for me.
    what a surprise

Recently, I haven't been able to view video's for LFC TV GO on my phone through Safari, am I missing an update or a patch?

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyDalgo View Post
    Recently, I haven't been able to view video's for LFC TV GO on my phone through Safari, am I missing an update or a patch?
    I've just tried it on my iPhone through Safari and it's fine for me.

So maybe your phone needs an update?

Update what though, its ios 9.1 and other video's play through safari like vimeo and youtube

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyDalgo View Post
    Update what though, its ios 9.1 and other video's play through safari like vimeo and youtube
    Honest answer, don't know.

Try logging off and on, try switching it off and on, you know, usual IT stuff.

tweepie is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    Has your subscription been renewed?

If you put aurorenewal, but pay through credit card, has your card expired since the last time you renewed?
    It happened to me before, my sub wouldn't aurorenew as I'd been issued with a new card with a different expiry date so I needed to update my details.

You can do this via the main website by selecting MYLFCTV
    YNWA

bangoutoforder is offline Armchair supporter
    I have just found this forum thread after searching to see if anyone else was having problems with the Liverpool website streaming and I can see that I am not alone. I live in Australia and I can tell you that all videos streamed from BBC news work fine. But the video streaming on the Liverpool website is a joke! I really thought I was doing something wrong but it seems not.

What is most disappointing is that this is an old thread and the problem still hasn't been fixed. Is anyone listening?
    This issue needs to be taken seriously and taken to someone who runs the club and get it sorted out once and for all. If the club can find money to buy Klopp I think it should be able to find some cash to fix the website.

Come on Liverpool - sort it out. I don't need to know about the problems - I just need a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by bangoutoforder View Post
    I have just found this forum thread after searching to see if anyone else was having problems
    with the Liverpool website streaming and I can see that I am not alone. I live in Australia and I can tell you that all videos streamed from BBC news work fine. But the video streaming on the Liverpool website is a joke! I really thought I was doing something wrong but it seems not.

What is most disappointing is that this is an old thread and the problem still hasn't been fixed. Is anyone listening?
    This issue needs to be taken seriously and taken to someone who runs the club and get it sorted out once and for all. If the club can find money to buy Klopp I think it should be able to find some cash to fix the website.

Come on Liverpool - sort it out. I don't need to know about the problems - I just need a fix.
    Hi, it is a year since anyone posted in this thread, though users do sometimes have a problem. If you send your question to Customer Services they'll give you a solution or refer it to the Tech Dept. Hope you can get it sorted.

Scouseroy is offline Armchair supporter
    I am receiving 150Mbps over WI FI and mine is buffering all over the place every 3 mins or so!!............Not very impressed, I just fast forward to the best bits! Very annoying.

I just cannot come to terms with the new layout. I find it complicated and difficult to find my way about.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    live games is certaily hit and miss with loads of buffering and which makes watching untenable.

I'm on a fast broadband and am finding that it just can't even load a video... Just get the whirling donut of frustration. Pretty poor service for something I pay a fair amount of money for. Sort it out please.
    Respect the chemistry...

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppaberg View Post
    I'm on a fast broadband and am finding that it just can't even load a video... Just get the whirling donut of frustration. Pretty poor service for something I pay a fair amount of money for. Sort it out please.
    totally agree. trying to catch up on press box and its virtually stuck in an eternal buffering zone. i never, ever, have this issue on any other playback of numerous streams that i watch - but lfctvgo. all the time.

Im trying to watch our U18s vs Utd and out of the entire first half I have been able to watch about 10 mins! Buffering and crashing every 3 mins.

Ive got to the "why even bother trying to watch it" stage.

Its not getting any better, preseason was awful!

It would appear that HTML5 is not supported by my tablet (Samsung galaxy tab3) its on Android 4.4.2 and you really need v5 or v6 (which I cant install on my tablet) for it to support live streaming.

great, just great!

having to watch it on my phone lol
    Last edited by photoholic; 20-8-16 at 12:30.