Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 822

Thread: Southampton Vs. Liverpool. Saturday March 1st K.O. 17:30. Live on Sky Sports.

  1. #61  
    adabo is online now He's no Mystic Meg
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    172
    I had a dream the we..........
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #62  
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    21,752
    Quote Originally Posted by adabo View Post
    I had a dream the we..........
    we had a dream that you would do one
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #63  
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    23,040
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLil8 View Post
    I couldn't bare to write Skrtel or Agger down at CB, im praying Sakho miraculously comes back.
    The only properly fit ones we have is Skrtel and Toure. Sadly, the others are unlikely to gain full match fitness until nearly the end of the season, it's a bit of a debacle.
    Nothing is impossible whilst it's still possible..........
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #64  
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,327
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTrilogy View Post
    The only properly fit ones we have is Skrtel and Toure. Sadly, the others are unlikely to gain full match fitness until nearly the end of the season, it's a bit of a debacle.
    It is bizare thing with Kelly though...ifBR is not gonna play him why send Wisdom and Ilory on loan then...
    I think Kelly on his day is better than Kolo and Agger in this form...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #65  
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    27,985
    Lets do the saints and be the sinners and bag the points (someone had to say it)
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #66  
    TrevithianRed is offline Armchair supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ONDEFENCE View Post
    Lets do the saints and be the sinners and bag the points (someone had to say it)
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #67  
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,294
    Sakho wont be ready for this one is the word going around... my heart beats go loud and fast when ever i think of our defense...

    Once again onus will be on outscoring saints...we are certain to score and certain to concede to these days..funny really
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #68  
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,387
    Tricky match for us. Soton are a passing and pressing Few good players as well. Coutinho crossed Pochettino's path when he sent out on loan to Espanyol, Pochettino was the manager there.

    Could well be another entertaining game with a few goals knocking about, hope our defense wakes up this time. Goes without saying now that we will get a raw deal from the ref, common place now.

    Go for 1-3 but could 3-6 or something crazy like that.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #69  
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by jordisuarez View Post
    -------------------Mignolet----------------------
    Flanno-----Toure------Agger----------Johnson
    --------------------Gerrard----------------------
    -----------Henderson---Allen-----------------
    Sturridge-------Suarez-------------Sterling-


    Keep the shape. Keep compact in our own half and allow them to have the ball in their own half. We are not good at pressing, we saw how Swansea passed around us with ease. Keep the shape and break on them. Should win this one if we keep a good defensive shape.
    That would certainly be my team, I think Brendan should encourage Sterling to do as he did Sunday and tell him to go flat out for 60 mins, then Coutinhio can come on his place.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #70  
    Thebeastyboy is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,765
    This is a tough game and we need to be on it from the start....

    I'd bring Sakho back into the side to HOPEFULLY solidify our defense a bit, drop Johnson for Cissokho and bring Allen into midfield dropping either Phil or Raheem

    2-3 is my prediction, they're a good team going forward
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #71  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    670
    Mignolet

    Flanagan---Skrtel---Agger---Cissokho

    Gerrard---Allen

    Sturridge---Henderson---Sterling

    Suarez


    Subs:Johnson, Aspas, Moses, Alberto and Brad Jones


    Go redman !
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #72  
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,831
    Southampton have lost it a bit in the last few weeks, Let's hope it continues Saturday.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #73  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    stoke could so us a massive favour this weekend
    UPSKRTEL
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #74  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,889
    We dare not drop points here.

    If the unthinkable happens and we lose, United could close the gap to 8 points before our trip to Old Trafford.

    The game raising ^#$^s would then have an opportunity to close the gap further to just 5.

    Those 5 points would seem tiny considering the games we have coming up compared to their run in.



    I know all this is worst case scenario and full of if`s and buts.......... but we CANNOT rest on our laurels because of the lead we currently have - it would be a bitter pill to swallow if we messed up now!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #75  
    YOLOKOLO is offline Armchair supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    7
    I think that we can win.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #76  
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,387
    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOKOLO View Post
    I think that we can win.
    Great post. And I think you could be right.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #77  
    TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Koppower View Post
    Southampton have lost it a bit in the last few weeks, Let's hope it continues Saturday.
    They've not lost at home for three games, includes Arsenal. They did go through a disastrous spell, six defeats in nine games of which half (3) were home and half away (3)

    We've not lost away for three games, including two wins. Form might suggest we should win, but then our only home defeat was to Southampton so it shows exceptions can happen and we shouldn't count our chickens just yet.
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #78  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    356
    i think we play better against teams who play open football

    arsenal
    everton
    spurs

    southampton also play sexy football so hopefully can be a goal fest

    the away part of the fixture worries me
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #79  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    313
    Our offensive form should put us at ease that we can at least get some goals, now our defense......
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #80  
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,831
    please please please sort the defending out redmen, the heart can't take much more of the kamikaze defending.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #81  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    313
    I would play Gerrard in a much more defensive role since he seems like the only one defending confidently.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #82  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,602
    Quote Originally Posted by diego_LFC View Post
    I would play Gerrard in a much more defensive role since he seems like the only one defending confidently.
    I'd rest him for this one and play

    ------------------------------------Henderson----Allen------------------

    ------------------------------------------Coutinho-------------------------

    -------------------Sturridge------------Suarez--------------------Sterling--
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #83  
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    82
    I reckon this'll be a defence display.

    1-0 to us.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #84  
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    484
    got a feeling cissokho will play this one and allen will come in for couts or sterling to shore up the midfield. guna be a tight game for sure hopefully we can nick it. im guna be sat with the home fans, could be fun
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #85  
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by miggzy View Post
    got a feeling cissokho will play this one and allen will come in for couts or sterling to shore up the midfield. guna be a tight game for sure hopefully we can nick it. im guna be sat with the home fans, could be fun
    Im down at Uni in Southampton and will be in with the home fans also. Some of you may squirm at this, but I wouldnt miss a chance to watch Liverpool live, having trying and failing to get tickets all season! I really cant wait, 3-2 redmen.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #86  
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNinetyThree View Post
    Im down at Uni in Southampton and will be in with the home fans also. Some of you may squirm at this, but I wouldnt miss a chance to watch Liverpool live, having trying and failing to get tickets all season! I really cant wait, 3-2 redmen.
    i went ast year aswel when we lost 1-3. wasnt much fun tbh hoping we put things right this time and ill have to contain myself from jumping up and down lol
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #87  
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,924
    Southampton are a poor man's Everton for me. So if its our day., our counter attacking play should mean a win.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #88  
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,294
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBootRoom View Post
    We dare not drop points here.

    If the unthinkable happens and we lose, United could close the gap to 8 points before our trip to Old Trafford.

    The game raising ^#$^s would then have an opportunity to close the gap further to just 5.

    Those 5 points would seem tiny considering the games we have coming up compared to their run in.



    I know all this is worst case scenario and full of if`s and buts.......... but we CANNOT rest on our laurels because of the lead we currently have - it would be a bitter pill to swallow if we messed up now!
    true
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #89  
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    16,199
    Every week the same posters trying to squeeze Allen into the side, let me ask who do we drop for him. I'll never get this Allen fascination, apart from the back 4 the rest of the starting 11 picks itself right now.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #90  
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,294
    Quote Originally Posted by DFK6 View Post
    Every week the same posters trying to squeeze Allen into the side, let me ask who do we drop for him. I'll never get this Allen fascination, apart from the back 4 the rest of the starting 11 picks itself right now.
    Balance of the team is very important... i get what ** saying...but if Henderson keeps bombing forward needlessly..u need cover for gerrard......down to tactics and nothing else...

    if the team ** implying plays...Henderson quite simply must stay back to cover gerrard and only get forward if needed..unlike the swansea game where shelvey had a free run in midfield thanks to him being way up the field
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •