Notices
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Hillsborough Inquests. NEW*** Questions to Jury and Their Verdicts in Post 414. See Separate Discussion Thread

NACNUD is offline Justice Campaigner Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Decision reached and delivered tomorrow at 11.00am
    Yes Ayles...voted 7-2....

Let's hope the correct and just decision is reached....

Justice for all...
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Hillsborough inquests verdict to be delivered on Tuesday

12:29, 25 Apr 2016
    Updated 12:55, 25 Apr 2016
    By Eleanor Barlow

Majority decision would be accepted on unlawful killing question

The verdicts in the Hillsborough inquests will be delivered on Tuesday, April 26.

The court reconvened in Warrington this afternoon to be told the jury had reached a verdict.

Earlier coroner Sir John Goldring had told jury members he would accept a majority decision on the question of unlawful killing.

Last Wednesday the court had been told that jurors were unable to reach a unanimous decision on that topic, after agreeing on all other decisions.

Court then resumed at 12.20pm when coroner Sir John Goldring said at least seven of the jury had agreed in respect of the question of unlawful killing.

The jurors retired to consider their verdict on Wednesday, April 6 after more than two years of evidence from parties including survivors, families, police and other officials.

The jury have had to complete a general questionnaire of 14 questions and record times and causes of deaths for each of the 96.

The fresh inquests were ordered in 2012 after the publication of the Hillsborough Independent Panel (HIP)'s report in to the 1989 tragedy, which claimed the lives of 96 Liverpool FC fans.

Sir John told the jury they would return to court at 11am tomorrow to deliver their conclusions. The ECHO will be at the hearing and providing live updates and reaction on our website.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...esday-11237938

Thank you NACNUD for your unstinting work on keeping us all up to date. I've not felt it appropriate to comment but now we are on the eve of a verdict, thank you x

JFT96 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by photoholic View Post
    Thank you NACNUD for your unstinting work on keeping us all up to date. I've not felt it appropriate to comment but now we are on the eve of a verdict, thank you x

JFT96 RIP

Thank you for your kind words....everything crossed for tomorrow.

JFT96 RIP
    Ditto. My exact words too.

JFT96

aylesbyred is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NACNUD View Post

Justice for all...
    It will be an incredibly emotional day tomorrow, can't begin to imagine waiting 27 years to get justice for my son or daughter

Quote Originally Posted by NACNUD View Post

Justice for all...
    We all hope .

The 96 are looking down on you right now and thanking you for your relentless efforts .

Can't believe it is here.

Reading the Echo, it appears that, whatever tomorrow's verdict on the unlawful killing, the IPCC will be continuing its own investigations, and charges could still follow. So, that's encouraging.

God Bless the 96 and their long-suffering families. I wish them justice but, most of all, I wish them peace.
    Xxx

Good Morning,

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/anno...uests-verdicts

The Hillsborough inquests' verdicts will be returned on Tuesday and two days of dedicated programming will be available to watch on LFCTV and LFCTV GO, with no subscription required for either service.

More than two years after proceedings began at the court in Warrington, the six women and three men of the jury are set to answer 14 general questions in determining how 96 supporters died as a result of the disaster on April 15, 1989.

The jury will also return its findings regarding the circumstances of each victim’s death, with individual questionnaires recording the cause and time.

LFCTV will provide updates from Birchwood Park throughout this landmark day with news bulletins, reaction and live coverage of the families’ subsequent press conferences.

Coverage will continue on Wednesday, interspersed with the moving ‘More Than a Number’, a five-part programme in which those who knew them best share their memories of the 96 through the reading of poignant ‘Pen Portraits’.

All those with a Sky box or any Virgin Media subscription will be able to watch LFCTV for 48 hours from 6am BST on Tuesday.

LFCTV is available on Sky channel 429 in the United Kingdom and Ireland, and on Virgin Media channel 544 in the United Kingdom only.

Click here to view a schedule of coverage. Please note all timings are subject to change.

To watch a live stream of the channel online via LFCTV GO, visit liverpoolfc.com/video.

Programme starts at 10-15 am. U.K. time, Live from Birchwood....

J.F.T.96. their families and survivors.

A reminder of what has been ADMITTED by those in charge that day:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...-what-11227333

Shocking and damning stuff from all parties involved, especially the police. Which is why, even if the unlawful killing verdict is not upheld today, there must surely still follow some criminal prosecutions. The evidence is overwhelming.

JFT96 RIP
    Nicely said.

JFT96 .. may today be the day. What a long and arduous journey this has been for the campaigners .. my wish for them now is that the appropriate verdict is returned and that, once done, they can have some peace finally.

Would like to add my thanks to NACNUD for all his (?) stirling work in keeping us updated on this long journey.
    YNWA

JFT96 RIP
    Excellent post. JFT 96. YNWA

Please forgive if it's a stupid question, I'm not to savy with the law but if found that it was unlawful killing would duckenfield then face charges??

Quote Originally Posted by redeyes77 View Post
    Please forgive if it's a stupid question, I'm not to savy with the law but if found that it was unlawful killing would duckenfield then face charges??
    Just about to ask the same - is he likely to serve time?

Coroner Sir John Goldring reminded the the jury that the inquests were not a criminal trial and they could not find anybody guilty of a criminal offence.
    So I guess he then goes on trial?
    Last edited by Schadenfreude; 26-4-16 at 10:36.

BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    Emotional day for all involved and the hundreds of family's affected by the events on that day. 1989 was the season I started going the game properly with my dad, we used to get vouchers in the back of the season tickets and those vouchers could be used for cup games like this. I had the voucher in my season ticket but never went. My best friend from school went and I was so envious of him and angry my mum wouldn't let me go, my dad went and wanted to take me but my mum was the boss! I remember it as if it was yesterday, it changed my Dad and my family forever like it changed many other lives of survives and their families. I'm a lucky one who still had my Dad that night, though he was a changed person forever Im still very grateful he came home.

RIP96 x JUSTICE

me as an overseas italian boy didn't have the opportunity to journey to England and going to see the game at the time, I would have craved it immensely as a kid living in dreamland,

I was just delighted to watch the game on a private italian television channel at my home, alongside my young brother,

still shocked for what has happened that day,

the strong start our lads remarked the game,

then the beginning of a human disaster,

a disaster that would have shocked the World, not only sporting World, but the human consciences,

a catastrophe never forgotten,

JFT96

Rest In Peace The 96

be JUSTICE made!
    Last edited by rosso76; 26-4-16 at 10:44.

Quote Originally Posted by redeyes77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    Just about to ask the same - is he likely to serve time?

This may help answer your questions......

Although the Hillsborough inquests are about to reach their conclusion, investigations into the 1989 disaster are not over.

While the court in Birchwood Park, Warrington, has been hearing evidence about the tragedy, in which 96 people died, two teams of investigators have also looking into the disaster and its aftermath.

Criminal investigation Operation Resolve, set up by Home Secretary Theresa May in 2012 and run by Assistant Commissioner Jon Stoddart, is looking at the events leading up to the day of the disaster and the disaster itself.

Read: Hillsborough inquests verdict to be delivered on Tuesday

IPCC investigation

Rachel Cerfontyne, commissioner for the IPCC Hillsborough investigation.

The Independent Police Complaint Commission (IPCC) is investigating the aftermath of the disaster - as well as managing elements of the Operation Resolve investigation related to the actions of the police.

Any prosecutions which come as a result of the inquests or investigations will be the responsibility of the Crown Prosecution Service.

Speaking in December 2012, Mrs May said: “Investigation could lead to criminal prosecution; for serving police officers it could also lead to misconduct proceedings.

“Investigation will be the responsibility of both the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) and Jon Stoddart.”

Criminal investigation

Jon Stoddart, Assistant Commissioner Hillsborough Investigation Team...

When Operation Resolve was set up, Mr Stoddart said: “If we find there were health and safety breaches or evidence of willful neglect, we will seek to ensure the appropriate action is taken against those responsible.

“If we find that, with the benefit of hindsight, there are lessons to be learned, we will endeavour to ensure that they are addressed. And if we find evidence of criminal behaviour, including manslaughter through neglect, we will seek to lay charges and put people and organisations before the courts.
    “Nothing we do will bring back the 96 people who died. But it is my sincere hope that by the end of this investigation we will have reached a point where the many hundreds of people whose lives were changed forever on April 15 1989 will have justice in their sights.”

The Operation Resolve and IPCC teams also supported the inquests in evidence gathering, but their own investigations continued during the inquests and are expected to continue beyond them.

Today's outcome will only be to decide 'cause of death', it is not a criminal court....the criminal side will be the job of the IPCC and Operation Resolve

As well as completing individual questionnaires, recording the time and cause of death for each of the 96, the jury has also decided upon a series of general questions. Here they are:

The 14 questions

Question one: Do you agree with the following statement: On April 15 1989, 96 people died in the disaster as a result of crushing in the central pens of the Leppings Lane terrace, following the admission of a large number of supporters to the stadium through the exit gates.

Question two: Was there any error or omission in police planning and preparation for the semi-final on April 15, 1989, which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed on the day of the match?

Question three: Was there any error or omission in policing on the day of the match which caused or contributed to a dangerous situation developing at the Leppings Lane turnstiles?

Question four: Was there any error or omission by commanding officers which caused or contributed to the crush on the terrace?

Question five: When the order was given to open the exit gates at the Leppings Lane end of the stadium, was there any error or omission by the commanding officers in the control box which caused or contributed to the crush on the terrace?

Question six: Are you satisfied, so that you are sure, that those who died in the disaster were unlawfully killed?

Question seven: Was there any behaviour on the part of the football supporters which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles?

Question eight: Were there any features of the design, construction and layout of the stadium which you consider were dangerous or defective and which caused or contributed to the disaster?

Question nine: Was there any error or omission in the safety certification and oversight of Hillsborough Stadium that caused or contributed to the disaster?

Question 10: Was there any error or omission by Sheffield Wednesday and its staff in the management of the stadium and/or preparation for the semi-final match on April 15, 1989, which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed on the day of the match?

Question 11: Was there any error or omission by Sheffield Wednesday and its staff on April 15, 1989, which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed at the Leppings Lane turnstiles and in the west terrace?

Question 12: Should Eastwood and Partners (structural engineers) have done more to detect and advise on any unsafe or unsatisfactory features of Hillsborough Stadium which caused or contributed to the disaster?

Question 13: After the crush in the west terrace had begun to develop, was there any error or omission by the police which caused or contributed to the loss of lives in the disaster?

Question 14: After the crush in the west terrace had begun to develop, was there any error or omission by the ambulance service (SYMAS) which caused or contributed to the loss of lives in the disaster?

Whether No.6 is proven or not, if No.7 is, you can be sure this is what certain sections of the media will latch onto, unfortunately.

'Stim is offline First team regular
    The poor Souls ! The poor,poor Souls

Justice For The Ninety Six
    " The Dude Abides "

BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by KOPGIRL1971 View Post
    As well as completing individual questionnaires, recording the time and cause of death for each of the 96, the jury has also decided upon a series of general questions. Here they are:

The 14 questions

Question one: Do you agree with the following statement: On April 15 1989, 96 people died in the disaster as a result of crushing in the central pens of the Leppings Lane terrace, following the admission of a large number of supporters to the stadium through the exit gates.

Question two: Was there any error or omission in police planning and preparation for the semi-final on April 15, 1989, which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed on the day of the match?

Question three: Was there any error or omission in policing on the day of the match which caused or contributed to a dangerous situation developing at the Leppings Lane turnstiles?

Question four: Was there any error or omission by commanding officers which caused or contributed to the crush on the terrace?

Question five: When the order was given to open the exit gates at the Leppings Lane end of the stadium, was there any error or omission by the commanding officers in the control box which caused or contributed to the crush on the terrace?

Question six: Are you satisfied, so that you are sure, that those who died in the disaster were unlawfully killed?

Question seven: Was there any behaviour on the part of the football supporters which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles?

Question eight: Were there any features of the design, construction and layout of the stadium which you consider were dangerous or defective and which caused or contributed to the disaster?

Question nine: Was there any error or omission in the safety certification and oversight of Hillsborough Stadium that caused or contributed to the disaster?

Question 10: Was there any error or omission by Sheffield Wednesday and its staff in the management of the stadium and/or preparation for the semi-final match on April 15, 1989, which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed on the day of the match?

Question 11: Was there any error or omission by Sheffield Wednesday and its staff on April 15, 1989, which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed at the Leppings Lane turnstiles and in the west terrace?

Question 12: Should Eastwood and Partners (structural engineers) have done more to detect and advise on any unsafe or unsatisfactory features of Hillsborough Stadium which caused or contributed to the disaster?

Question 13: After the crush in the west terrace had begun to develop, was there any error or omission by the police which caused or contributed to the loss of lives in the disaster?

Question 14: After the crush in the west terrace had begun to develop, was there any error or omission by the ambulance service (SYMAS) which caused or contributed to the loss of lives in the disaster?
    Question six is the big one though I think its aimed just at Duckenfield, though he was a large contributor to the disaster I dont think he was solely to blame, many others in charge that day have to be held accountable as well as the FA for allowing the game to be held in a stadium without a safety certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    Question six is the big one though I think its aimed just at Duckenfield, though he was a large contributor to the disaster I dont think he was solely to blame, many others in charge that day have to be held accountable as well as the FA for allowing the game to be held in a stadium without a safety certificate.
    Yes, Duckenfiled is the main one and, if his evidence is anything to go by - where he more or less admitted to being to blame, then it should be an easy decision, but where humans are involved you can never be sure.

I agree about others - add into the list Sheffield Wednesday and the local council. Just because the people involved are no longer in charge doesn't mean they should not be held accountable.

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    The club have closed the website, TV and forums whilst the verdicts are being read, as a mark of respect. The 14 questions which the jury have answered, and their answers are here. Thanks to KG for posting them.

Q1 = Yes
    Q2 = Yes
    Q3 = Yes
    Q4 = Yes
    Q5 = Yes
    Q6 = Yes
    Q7 = No
    Q8 = Yes
    Q9 = Yes
    Q10=Yes
    Q11=No
    Q12=Yes
    Q13=Yes
    Q14=Yes
    Last edited by Jannno; 26-4-16 at 11:25.