Notices
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillsborough Inquests. NEW*** Questions to Jury and Their Verdicts in Post 414. See Separate Discussion Thread

1. #1 Eternal Flame Hillsborough Inquests. NEW*** Questions to Jury and Their Verdicts in Post 414. See Separate Discussion Thread 
    Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    The Attorney General has announced today (10th March 2014) that the Inquests into the events at Hillsborough are now active (even though they don't start until 31st March). This means that any juror can be influenced by information and opinion read outside the courtroom, and social media is included in this.

http://hillsboroughinquests.independ...s-and-rulings/

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/a...inquests-start

Please notice this statement drawing attention to the Contempt of Court Act, whereby we may be liable if we do not comply.

Attorney General issues advisory note before Hillsborough inquests start

Organisation:
    Attorney General's Office
    Page historyublished 10 March 2014 Topic:Law and the justice system Minister:The Rt Hon Dominic Grieve QC MP ...

The Attorney General asks people to take care when commenting online ahead of the Hillsborough inquest

AGO office

AGO building at 20 Victoria Street, London

The inquests into the deaths of the 96 people who died as a result of the events at Hillsborough on 15 April 1989 are due to begin on 31 March 2014.

The inquests will be heard by a coroner (Lord Justice Goldring) together with a jury.

Editors, publishers and social media users should note that the inquest proceedings are currently active for the purpose of the Contempt of Court Act 1981.

The Attorney General wishes to draw attention to the risk of publishing material, including online, which could create a substantial risk that the course of justice in the inquests may be seriously impeded or prejudiced, particularly as this inquest involves a jury.

This risk could arise by commentary which may prejudge issues that witnesses may give evidence about, or matters that the jury will need to consider in reaching their verdict. The inquests could also be prejudiced by publishing details of material (whatever its source) which may not form part of the evidence at the inquest.

The Attorney Generalís Office will be monitoring the coverage of these proceedings.

Editors, publishers and social media users should take legal advice to ensure they are in a position to fully comply with the obligations they are subject to under the Contempt of Court Act. They are also reminded of the advisory note issued by Lord Justice Goldring on 11 February 2014.

Media enquiries: 020 7271 2448

Hillsborough Inquests

Archive news story: Attorney General applies for fresh inquests for victims of Hillsborough disaster

Published:10 March 2014
    Organisation:Attorney General's OfficeMinister:The Rt Hon Dominic Grieve QC MP
    As you can imagine, the last thing we wish to do is to allow the inquests, which have been fought for, for so long, to be compromised by anything posted on our own forums.

If you see anything regarding opinion, information, even first hand knowledge, posted on these forums, ask the poster to edit their own post and use the Report button to alert a moderator. If in doubt, do not post.

If there are any further developments on content of the forums we'll advise straight away.

Thanks for your co-operation, and we hope that justice might finally be served for the victims of the Hillsborough tragedy.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

missed the sticky have now edited it was pretty immediate sorry.

Unless the jurors were locked away for the past 25 years I doubt that anything said now will influence them anymore than anything said over the past 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by GotTheMovesLikeAgger View Post
    Unless the jurors were locked away for the past 25 years I doubt that anything said now will influence them anymore than anything said over the past 25 years.

However let us comply , please.

This kind of thinking can't be allowed to compromise the integrity of the inquests, though, and most members of the public won't have followed it as closely as we have. It's not worth the risk, bearing in mind what's at stake and how long the families and others have fought for them. No leeway on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    This kind of thinking can't be allowed to compromise the integrity of the inquests, though, and most members of the public won't have followed it as closely as we have. It's not worth the risk, bearing in mind what's at stake and how long the families and others have fought for them. No leeway on this.
    It's still very naÔve to think that any juror from this county will not have been influenced either way by all the coverage over the past 25 years. I understand the need to comply with the law to avoid the site getting into trouble, but if they really think that anything said on here will really sway anyone in their decision making process because they expect to find people who know nothing about this case, then they are living in dreamland. The disaster was worldwide news at the time. The inquiry last year was worldwide news. If you want to find out anything related to the disaster and aftermath then there are hundreds of places you can go to and find information from all the viewpoints.

It's antiquated thinking to believe that by discussing it in here it will influence anything. Are we going to delete all the old threads? Close the Hillsborough forum down? There will be loads of stuff in there that could prejudice decisions.

Never know what those West Yorkshire police have up their sleeve though

NACNUD is offline Justice Campaigner Extraordinaire
    By Eleanor Barlow
    Comments

Final Hillsborough pre-inquest hearing will take place days before official opening in Warrington
    5 Mar 2014 19:24

Last preliminary hearing to rake place at the Warrington venue on 27 March

Birchwood Place business complex in Warrington

The final preliminary hearing before the new Hillsborough inquests will be held later this month.

The Judicial Office today confirmed that a pre-inquest hearing would be held on Thursday, March 27.

Coroner Lord Justice Goldring will hold the hearing at the venue in Birchwood Park, Warrington where the full inquests will take place.

A live video link will relay proceedings in a courtroom in Liverpool Crown Court.

The full inquests will begin on March 31.

Five other preliminary inquest hearings have been held since the original verdicts of accidental death were quashed in December 2012.

This will be the first pre-inquest hearing to be held outside of London.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...g-take-6777693

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    True, am amazed at how I can shock people when i explain the deepth of the cover up and ensuing pressure on there own bobbies to shut up about it .

Justice for the 96 ynwa

Nothing is more important than getting the justice the families deserve. YNWA

Socratease is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    Socratease

Community Moderator

(Justice) 20-9-12,23:12

The first steps towards justice are being taken but it will take time - hopefully not too much time due to the fact it has been 23 years since the disaster at Hillsborough. We have been both vindicated and exhonerated at long last.

The truth, viewed both subjectively and objectively, must be considered with evidential examination.

Justice is the examination of the facts with a metaphorical fine toothed comb. Justice is a matter of conscience at the end of the day. The evidence now exposed gives both progress and an egress of a long fought for fight for acknowledgement of the suffering caused over all of these years and tears.
    It is important that we comprehend the significance of the Hillsborough Inquests now being active, allow the evidence to be examined in a court of law.

The examination of emotion in relation to the immediacy of the Hillsborough disaster has evolved with dignified examination and education over the years from the families affected and those who were there - and also those who witnessed it live on the television on the live broadcast and radio from the BBC and local news on that day.

A great deal of work has been achieved by oh so many people in regard to ensuring and achieving justice for the 96 over the years, let the evidence speak for it's self upon factual examination in court, let us remember each of them, all of the 96, in our hearts on April the 15th at Anfield this year with hope in our hearts and faith that justice will be seen to be done.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/history/hillsborough

JTF96.

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance. Socrates.

Alpha Papa is offline Academy prospect
    I disagree 100% with this policy from LFC Website. I don't know who's drawn it up but it seems unnecessary and non-proportionate.

This is an important moment in time for LFC and I think discussion should be allowed on these forums.

If you want to argue that first hand evidence should not be posted then fair enough. The rest of it is nonsense though.

p.s. I'm not trying to make things difficult for Mods or undermine the enquiries, but these laws are in place to stop publishers as existed in 1981 under the Contempt of Court Act. Unless people are directly messaging jurors, judges etc, or unless they hold a particular position of responsibility e.g. radio/TV presenter, newspaper editor, then I don't think this bites on us whatsoever.
    Last edited by Alpha Papa; 21-3-14 at 13:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Papa View Post
    but these laws are in place to stop publishers as existed in 1981 under the Contempt of Court Act. Unless people are directly messaging jurors, judges etc, or unless they hold a particular position of responsibility e.g. radio/TV presenter, newspaper editor, then I don't think this bites on us whatsoever.

Editors, publishers and social media users should note that the inquest proceedings are currently active for the purpose of the Contempt of Court Act 1981.

The Attorney General’s Office will be monitoring the coverage of these proceedings.

Editors, publishers and social media users should take legal advice to ensure they are in a position to fully comply with the obligations they are subject to under the Contempt of Court Act. Media enquiries: 020 7271 2448

Published:10 March 2014
    Organisation:Attorney General's OfficeMinister:The Rt Hon Dominic Grieve QC MP

Socratease is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    We are 'social media users', and we are the official site of Liverpool FC.

We are thus, 'qoutable'.

We have to consider the legal implications, even though any specific posts may not/do not necessarily represent the views of Liverpool FC, we are obligated to follow the law and we must keep this in mind at all times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contempt_of_court

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance. Socrates.

Because so much is being discussed / said during the daily sessions and because of not wanting to write anything I shouldn't I will from today only put up , on a daily basis, a link to the transcript from that or the previous day.....I apologise for this as many of you have now got used to me putting everything up in detail, but I think it's for the best all round....

Here are all links since the first of April ....some days have an am and pm session.....

Tuesday 1st April....AM

http://hillsboroughinquests.independ...April-2014.pdf

Tuesday..... PM

Wednesday 2nd.April....AM

Wednesday saw the completion of Lord Goldring's opening speech.....

Today Thursday 3rd.April......

today saw the start of the 'Pen Portraits' of each of the 96.......all I can say is that it was heart breaking listening to just 9 today.

AM session......

PM session

JFT.96......

'Stim is offline First team regular
    Thankyou NAC,for posting up the sessions, that is excellent & all that is needed. Bless You.

Justice For The Ninety Six

Quote Originally Posted by Stim View Post
    Thankyou NAC,for posting up the sessions, that is excellent & all that is needed. Bless You.

Justice For The Ninety Six

Morning Stim......thank you.....hope all is well with you.....what a season eh!......

I would have posted up sooner but for some reason this thread had been closed......

We are now into the second week of the new inquests. All this week the jury will continue to hear the 'Pen Portraits' of our 96.......

Monday 7th.April.

AM session....

PM session.....

JFT.96.

No comment from me except to say I will be reading everything I can and I pray that some closure can be brought to the families and friends of those that died and were injured after so long a fight to get a hearing......

Tuesday 8th April......

AM session......

Wednesday 9th.April.....

Thursday 9th.April.....

There will not be any sessions now until Tuesday 22nd.April......

JFT.96.

I dont know if this is the right place to post this but there is a very good article on the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough on the BBC Website dated 10 April 14

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26969869

Tuesday 22nd. April......

JFT.96.

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    There is an article in the Mirror ... and it is not very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dreams-come-true View Post
    There is an article in the Mirror ... and it is not very nice.
    Other agencies have now picked it up too after the Echo's report.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27152757

Unbelievable.

Monday. 28th. April.....

AM Session.....

Tuesday. 29th.April.....

AM Session.....

JFT.96.....

Hillsborough inquests to resume with 'uncontroversial facts' about disaster from senior Operation Resolve officer

May 19, 2014 11:41
    By Liverpool Echo

Detective Superintendent Neil Malkin will cover topics such as previous inquiries and the layout of the stadium

Detective Superintendent Neil Malkin, the Senior Investigating Officer for Operation Resolve

The Hillsborough inquests will resume tomorrow and hear “uncontroversial facts” about the disaster.

Detective Superintendent Neil Malkin, the Senior Investigating Officer for Operation Resolve, will present the evidence.

He will cover a number of topics including previous inquiries into the 1989 disaster, the layout of Sheffield Wednesday's Hillsborough stadium and other issues.

He has been asked to do this by the coroner overseeing the inquests, Lord Justice Goldring.

The inquests have so far heard 14 days of evidence, 11 of which were personal portraits of the 96 people who died in the disaster .

Operation Resolve is a separate police investigation into the causes of the disaster on April 15, 1989 at an FA Cup Semi Final between Liverpool FC and Nottingham Forest.7

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...-facts-7139196