Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: who I think we should buy.

definitely not a priority, however Talisca has been doing well in turkey
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

RedManinKenya is offline Armchair supporter
    What happened to looking at this two?

Will provide serious backup/competition to countinho and henderson?

Quote Originally Posted by RedManinKenya View Post
    What happened to looking at this two?

Will provide serious backup/competition to countinho and henderson?

Illarammendi hardly will switch club for a new one since he's currently plying his trade at the club he loves after a flop experience at Real Madrid, but you never know,

Isco is bound to leave Real Madrid, but I see for a club committing Champions League football,

so I guess it will depend from our final of season if those targets could be realistic or less,

anyway I don't think Mr Klopp being particularly orientated to seek for some spanish targets,

I foresee his aims more oriented on the italian and german sides,

but next summer we will see ....

96Red is offline Armchair supporter
    Having watched him the past couple of weeks I quite like the look of Manuel Lanzini from West Ham. Reminds me a lot of Coutinho on the ball ( obviously not as good) but I think he'd be a great buy as back up in both of the wide striker berths. Feel he would need to work on the physical side of his game abit more but I'm sure that's nothing a Jurgen Klopp pre-season can sort out. Would like to hear people thoughts on this?

William from Athletic Bilbao-like Mane but on left side!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSun1966 View Post
    William from Athletic Bilbao-like Mane but on left side!!!
    are you maybe referring to Inaki Williams, buddy? he's a right footed attacking forward, mate, he plays at most on the right hand side of Bilbao attacking front,

should we get him, I don't think Mr Klopp would deploy him on the left hand side where actually wee Coutinho occupies that position,

Sanchez 40m + 1p😳

sorry to do a fred (no offence fred) andraes christensen, anwar el ghazi/Isco and a striker

I know someone said people who throw out all these names don't realize klopp wants a specific sort of player who has all round intelligence, apologise if I'm not filling that criteria here

We need a defensive midfielder that can tackle, Marcos Llorente is young and eager to please. No Keita, no sweat because Leon Goretzka is a real engine and more well-rounded in my opinion. We might need a winger/wide forward/attacking midfielder too. Van Dijk is the final piece to the puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by uDzsudzsak View Post
    We need a defensive midfielder that can tackle, Marcos Llorente is young and eager to please. No Keita, no sweat because Leon Goretzka is a real engine and more well-rounded in my opinion. We might need a winger/wide forward/attacking midfielder too. Van Dijk is the final piece to the puzzle.
    Van Dijk is the only significant upgrade as an improvement on lovren worth splashing out for. van dijk can be inconsistent at times ie he has better games than others clearly that's also dependant on how well his teammates perform but he's a wonderful player.

the money is available and with more ambition in transfer market we could challenge for the title.
    sell:-
    Flanagan-not good enough.
    emre can-wants 1st team football,finds it hard now and if we got keita he would find it even harder.
    danny ings-5th choice striker wont get a look in.
    origi-had his chance 2nd half of season and in my opinion didn't do enough to impress klopp,solanke is better already.
    couhtinio-great player and will be missed but I think we would be a better team using the money and buying a top class striker.
    Moreno-hard to ignore last 3 years but has had a good pre-season if he could get his head right and read the game and get his positioning right might be worth another season.
    or milner-had a poor end to season and has been poor pre-season,if klopp was to give Moreno another season,milner might find it hard to get a game could end up 3rd choice left back and would find it hard to get a midfield place.

if (big if) we could get vvd,keita,a winger to provide cover(ox chamberlain?)and a top class striker (20-25 goals).we would be a major challenge for title and champions league this our time,fsg need to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by ravo19 View Post
    the money is available and with more ambition in transfer market we could challenge for the title.
    sell:-
    Flanagan-not good enough.
    emre can-wants 1st team football,finds it hard now and if we got keita he would find it even harder.
    danny ings-5th choice striker wont get a look in.
    origi-had his chance 2nd half of season and in my opinion didn't do enough to impress klopp,solanke is better already.
    couhtinio-great player and will be missed but I think we would be a better team using the money and buying a top class striker.
    Moreno-hard to ignore last 3 years but has had a good pre-season if he could get his head right and read the game and get his positioning right might be worth another season.
    or milner-had a poor end to season and has been poor pre-season,if klopp was to give Moreno another season,milner might find it hard to get a game could end up 3rd choice left back and would find it hard to get a midfield place.

if (big if) we could get vvd,keita,a winger to provide cover(ox chamberlain?)and a top class striker (20-25 goals).we would be a major challenge for title and champions league this our time,fsg need to take it.
    I never really thought about that. If Coutinho left and we bought a top quality striker, while moving Firmino into our attacking midfield, we could perhaps be stronger than we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by elphenomeno View Post
    I never really thought about that. If Coutinho left and we bought a top quality striker, while moving Firmino into our attacking midfield, we could perhaps be stronger than we are now.
    exactly In a 4 2 3 1,firminio or Lallana could play behind the new striker.

hendo keita
    salah firminio mane
    new striker

Quote Originally Posted by ravo19 View Post
    exactly In a 4 2 3 1,firminio or Lallana could play behind the new striker.

hendo keita
    salah firminio mane
    new striker
    still be interesting where mbappe goes, if he leaves psg

Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    striker?

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    He doesn't play for PSG though.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    He doesn't play for PSG though.
    oh yea sorry, monaco sorry the circus has gotten to me

imagine if he did play for psg

Costa from Chelsea , now he is what we need a very good strong striker and a great athlete who can also header the ball and score great goals , pity Coutinho is going because they'd be devastating together Coutinho putting them balls into him .

lfc big fan is offline Armchair supporter
    perhaps try to buy german star hummels

Repeated comments about the January window being difficult suggest, may be, transfer efforts are not going as planned. However, I feel Gimenez from Atleti is doable. Whether that is achieved by paying Atleti something or offering Lovren on loan (to give them a back-up option) with an opportunity for them to purchase him in the summer, etc. Of course we should be prepared to offer a competitive wage for Gimenez and add something as a sign-on bonus to beat any competition. A competent CB to be paired with Matip (with Gomez and Klavan as back-ups) is simply not negotiable if we are to progress in Europe and secure a top-4 finish in our league. If we can get VVD straight-in, of course that would be delightful. If not, Gimenez should come. Who knows, he might prove to be a shrewd acquisition as that other Uruguayan (the attacker)!