Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: James Milner

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    There were reports a few weeks back that we approached city about one of their players. Maybe the media caught wind again and decided it had to be Milner - dozey arses.

Have to say I thought it was M Richards.
    not arsed who it was tbf..dont want either at lfc...better options elsewhere
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Stuzza View Post
    Not exactly a replacement for, but IF he were to sign you'd have to think one of our current midfielders would probably be on the move, and if I had to pick one to move on it would be Lucas.

It would give us something like:
    Gerrard/Can
    Hendo/Allen-Coutinho/Milner
    Sterling/Markovic-Sturridge/Lambert-Lallana/Remy

Maybe not entirely without merit, but it would leave little/no room for any 'major' signing for the attack.
    We are going to make more signings and to be honest I see both Lucas and Allen featuring very little next season, personally I think Lucas will probably be gone by the end of the window anyway.

Not exactly a replacement for, but IF he were to sign you'd have to think one of our current midfielders would probably be on the move, and if I had to pick one to move on it would be Lucas.

It would give us something like:
    Gerrard/Can
    Hendo/Allen-Coutinho/Milner
    Sterling/Markovic-Sturridge/Lambert-Lallana/Remy

With many of those players comfortable in various positions/formations.

Maybe not entirely without merit, but it would leave little/no room for any 'major' signing for the attack.
    I agree pretty much apart from 1 thing i think Markovic is one for the future and Milner i think would be a great signing if we intend moving Lucus on i think it would leave room for one Marque signing still hopefulyl Reus

Quote Originally Posted by cut the mustard View Post
    I agree pretty much apart from 1 thing i think Markovic is one for the future and Milner i think would be a great signing if we intend moving Lucus on i think it would leave room for one Marque signing still hopefulyl Reus
    Markovic is not one for the future, well actually he is but not in the way you mean and he's most definitely for the now to and will feature heavily next season.

Maybe don't join a discussion you have no interest in.

Im not sure why you think you have an opinion on what i should discuss with people on here.

I don't take links as gospel , but unless you didnt notice people like to talk about transfer speculation
    I did join the discussion, you made a statement suggesting we already signed him so I JOINED the discussion and asked if we already signed him, to which you replied not to take it literally, how do you take it?

I don't have an opinion of you at all never mind on what you should discuss on here, but if you don't like what could come back at you then maybe you should worry about that instead of Brendan's signings..

People talk about speculation, it's the norm, people don't suggest it's been done and then have an opinion towards the manager for something that hasn't even happened..

James Milner can play as RB and keep Glen Johnson on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by DFK6 View Post
    Markovic is not one for the future, well actually he is but not in the way you mean and he's most definitely for the now to and will feature heavily next season.
    Yeah, I'm with DFK, we've not spent 20m on him in the hope that we might be able to use him in 2-3 years, he's here to get games this season.

From the potential options I posted earlier we would have plenty of experienced options that would mean we wouldn't have to rely on Marko too much, but we would definitely be looking to give him plenty of chances.

Oh goody - another one where I differ to all the other sheep......

I like Milner - good team player - can play multi positions too

Markovic is a BR "first team" signing...most of our other signings are to bulk up the squad...i expect at least 2 to 3 other first team signings..Lovren..Moreno..maybe Reus

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post

Steady eddy shall we say..

Big outlays throughout his career and all for his football ability

Quote Originally Posted by madgielfc View Post
    Markovic is a BR "first team" signing...most of our other signings are to bulk up the squad...i expect at least 2 to 3 other first team signings..Lovren..Moreno..maybe Reus
    Yeah we'll sign Lovren and a left back possibly Moreno and then I expect us to try our best to bring someone like Reus, Isco or Di Maria here. And that would be a very good window imo if we pull them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazar-Quest-For-The-Title View Post
    you made a statement suggesting we already signed him
    If you read back i said Brendons signings are getting more worrying , no where did i suggest we had signed Milner or even made an offer for him i was talking broadly about his signings he doesn't have the best track record and the signings are a little worrying. Half the players linked to us are just down rite terrifying.

Yeah we'll sign Lovren and a left back possibly Moreno and then I expect us to try our best to bring someone like Reus, Isco or Di Maria here. And that would be a very good window imo if we pull them off.

Really? Do you honestly think we are shopping in that bracket? The reason I ask is because I cannot for the life of me seeing us anywhere near that kinda quality. Too expensive for starters and they all would most likely want a big wage.

If you read back i said Brendons signings are getting more worrying , no where did i suggest we had signed Milner or even made an offer for him i was talking broadly about his signings he doesn't have the best track record and the signings are a little worrying. Half the players linked to us are just down rite terrifying.
    So which signings have you worried?

You were all over us getting Lallana, so not him.

Can, Lambert & Markovic - who has you worried?

I think Markovic will be rotated alot and with a player like Reus i think he would be one of the 1st names down and then you pick from the less experienced and rotate them players , they would all get alot of game time next year.

Other teams have an abundance of Talent like Markovic on the bench im not sure why we think we shouldn't we need that strength in depth.

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    Really? Do you honestly think we are shopping in that bracket? The reason I ask is because I cannot for the life of me seeing us anywhere near that kinda quality. Too expensive for starters and they all would most likely want a big wage.
    None would be on a higher wage than Luis was on. And yeah I do think we'll sign a top player.

He's a quality player, a team player.
    I'd be happy to have him, not sure why so many have a problem with him on here.

Half the players linked to us are just down rite terrifying.
    So what's the difference between being linked with messi and being linked with Luke Chadwick if both stories are ******** and have no truth in whatsoever?

People worry the little heads too much..

It's when the club officially put a bid in for a player you start worrying or get excited

i like the idea of Isco tbh he could fill a lot of the voids with suarez leaving maybe not in goals but with versatilty link up play hes got a great football brain him & Markovic could be dynamite together..edge of your seat stuff...not sure about Di Maria i have my doubts he`d adapt to our PL especially freezing nights at say leeds in a cup comp..Reus is the big & imo only player that will make this season a success..id also like to see us go out & buy a top top DFM like William Cavalho

None would be on a higher wage than Luis was on. And yeah I do think we'll sign a top player.
    I would run up the high street in my bday suit screaming I love ****.

I'm happy about the Markovic and can deals , but yes i can certainly say i was uneasy about both signings neither were perhaps what we were hoping for or expecting this summer with silly names and fees being banded about left right and center i think perhaps we all got carried away with what we may of been going for this summer. I think those 2 can be great signings they can also just as easy flop for us we have to wait and see but there both for the future and typical lfc style signings over the last few years.

I think if we look at br track record in the transfer market and the offers if to be believed that we have lodged for players or inquired about this summer , i think we can take the Davis and Bertrand links as solid ? i would say we have reason to be worried about the money we are spending on really unknown players again and we seen to be spending alot of money again and taking huge risks on those players.

Stuzza - think some people are only satisfied by big names and bright lights..... If a player isn't in that bracket - then its a bad signing -
    Hell most on here don't think about the balance of the team - who is gonna do what job, etc etc - They just see the name....

I'm happy about the Markovic and can deals , but yes i can certainly say i was uneasy about both signings neither were perhaps what we were hoping for or expecting this summer with silly names and fees being banded about left right and center i think perhaps we all got carried away with what we may of been going for this summer. I think those 2 can be great signings they can also just as easy flop for us we have to wait and see but there both for the future and typical lfc style signings over the last few years.

I think if we look at br track record in the transfer market and the offers if to be believed that we have lodged or players inquired about , i think we can take the Davis and Bertrand links as solid ? i would say we have reason to be worried about the money we are spending on really unknown players again.
    You're confusing players we've signed and players we're linked with.

If you're concern is about players we're linked with then say so.

You just seem a bit confused generally, your opinions on Milner seem to have changed quite dramatically in the last couple of hours.

Stuzza - think some people are only satisfied by big names and bright lights..... If a player isn't in that bracket - then its a bad signing -
    Hell most on here don't think about the balance of the team - who is gonna do what job, etc etc - They just see the name....
    Absolutely.

Plenty also work themselves into a frenzy over every player we're linked with without appreciating that most will come to nothing.

I hope we're working on some quality defensive targets and hopefully another 'keeper.

You're confusing players we've signed and players we're linked with.

If you're concern is about players we're linked with then say so.

You just seem a bit confused generally, your opinions on Milner seem to have changed quite dramatically in the last couple of hours.

I haven't spoken really about Milner so im not sure where your coming from there, the only replies ive put about milner are he would be a great addition if lucus moves on. And i posted that br signings were getting a little more worrying as time went on , i was involved in the remy thread and and positng away i tend to merge threads together , i have my thoughts and dont really seperate the threads and discussions , ill be more careful not to do that in future
    Last edited by cut the mustard; 20-7-14 at 15:37.

I haven't spoken really about Milner so im not sure where your coming from there, the only replies ive put about milner are he would be a great addition if lucus loves on.

It's your thread and you've gone from 'getting more worried about the players we're signing' to appreciating that he could be a 'great addition'.

Quote Originally Posted by PAISLEYISNO1 View Post
    I hope we're working on some quality defensive targets and hopefully another 'keeper.
    no need if pep stays but if he moves on ochoa will do

It's your thread and you've gone from 'getting more worried about the players we're signing' to appreciating that he could be a good signing.
    Whapbabaloobopawhapbamboo.

It's your thread and you've gone from 'getting more worried about the players we're signing' to appreciating that he could be a good signing.
    the power of stuzza compels you the power of stuzza compels you lol