Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Injury Update Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cravenz View Post
    Labamba is going to take too long to come back. Not sure about Markovic. But we could really do with them because even if they don't start, they represent the depth of options we have which was the point of building the squad in the first place.
    Yep, Lallana will be out, I reckon. Markovic and Lambert and Can off of the bench would be better than what we had by some margin last season.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Heighway501 View Post
    I try to be careful on here, but I was getting a bit agitated the other day. The good news is that it we don't sign anyone, the servers will almost certainly crash ... So there will be soon cool down time.
    lol.

Yeah, I don't really get worked up, more amazed that people refuse to discuss anything they may not agree with and just revert to being kids.

cravenz is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    Yep, Lallana will be out, I reckon. Markovic and Lambert and Can off of the bench would be better than what we had by some margin last season.
    Only Lovren out of all the new signings to start perhaps?

Only Lovren out of all the new signings to start perhaps?
    Even that probably won't happen.

IMO it will be all of the players starting from last season. Maybe Can.

Quote Originally Posted by SerRenely View Post
    Even that probably won't happen.

IMO it will be all of the players starting from last season. Maybe Can.
    Fair point especially since Lovren didn't join the lads for the US tour.

Who would you see Can replacing though? Hopefully not Henderson!

Fair point especially since Lovren didn't join the lads for the US tour.

Who would you see Can replacing though? Hopefully not Henderson!
    no, certainly not.

I would Say Gerrard and Hendo are staples atm with the formation we play.

Since we are at home I would have to think maybe this. Allen is the only player I am really not sure about, I just figure he will be there bc of last season.

Who knows about our full backs?

-----------Ming-------------
    RB---Skrtel----Sakho----LB
    ----------Gerrad------------
    ------Hendo-------Allen---
    ---Sterling----Couthino
    --------Sturridge if fit...

no, certainly not.

I would Say Gerrard and Hendo are staples atm.

Since we are at home I would have to think maybe this. Allen is the only player I am really not sure about, I just figure he will be there bc of last season.

Who knows about our full backs?

-----------Ming-------------
    RB---Skrtel----Sakho----LB
    ----------Gerrad------------
    ------Hendo-------Allen---
    ---Sterling----Couthino
    --------Sturridge if fit...
    I'd consider taking Allen out and putting Can in

Agree. I just think his first BPL game could catch him off guard. Typically the pace and non stop running could create a recipe for a nightmare start. It has happened to many new players, although Rodgers will know much better than us where he is at for that. The Dortmund game will make up Rodgers mind I am sure.

I wasn't impressed with Can when he came on in the United game.
    Last edited by SerRenely; 9-8-14 at 17:41.

Agree. I just think his first BPL game could catch him off guard. Typically the pace and non stop running could create a recipe for a nightmare start. It has happened to many new players, although Rodgers will know much better than us where he is at for that. The Dortmund game will make up Rodgers mind I am sure.

I wasn't impressed with Can when he came in the United game.
    I just want a striker

Yup. Happy to see what Rodgers does to be honest. Can does look proper promising though

I just want a striker

Yup. Happy to see what Rodgers does to be honest. Can does look proper promising though
    Yeah really excited for him. I think he will take a bit to shine, but he is much needed for our midfield in games. Still early days and a young kid, need to be careful.

The guy is huge....not Skrtel big, but I was taken aback by his size.

Yeah really excited for him. I think he will take a bit to shine, but he is much needed for our midfield in games. Still early days and a young kid, need to be careful.

The guy is huge....not Skrtel big, but I was taken aback by his size.
    I haven't noticed how huge he is to be fair but he does look a big lad and he does seem to have the physicality to get integrated to the league pretty quickly. Think he shouldn't have much of a problem. The issue is whether he has sufficient quality. I like that he seems to be a box to box midfielder as well. Could be a very useful acquisition by us.

I haven't noticed how huge he is to be fair but he does look a big lad and he does seem to have the physicality to get integrated to the league pretty quickly. Think he shouldn't have much of a problem. The issue is whether he has sufficient quality. I like that he seems to be a box to box midfielder as well. Could be a very useful acquisition by us.
    I went to the Liverpool Man poo game in Miami, pretty much front row, and two things hit me the most for physical presence. How big Skrtel is, and how big Can was.

Skrtel is just huge, he is pretty tall, wide and muscular, yet still fit. Sahko seems taller, but doesn't have the other size, lanky. I would be terrified if Skrtel was coming in on me. I remember one announcer(Champion?) in a game that Skrtel was doing well in last year, was calling Skrtel a mountain of a man, a chiseled god etc... He was totally man crushing him, after I saw him, I can see why, physically.

Can looks like he will run through players. Big upper body for a soccer player. Not bulging muscles, but just big frame. A bit slower than I was hoping, but makes sense for the frame and size of him. Plus he just always seems to have the look of wanting to punch the opposing player.
    Last edited by SerRenely; 9-8-14 at 18:15.

The midfield three of Allen-Hendo-Stevie just doesn't give a lot going forward from open play--but that will be the the starting midfield, baring injury. BR believes in Allen, though I think he rates him higher than what Allen's play has warranted for us.

Against the saints at home, I'd prefer Coutinho and Henderson in front of Stevie--if we had some quality out on the wing...but probably no Markovic, except off of the bench. When Lallana is fit, I think he will take Allen's place more often than not. Right now, sadly, there are not a lot of options. We do, at least, have both Can and Lucas who can cover for Stevie (both) or Allen/Hendo (Can). Lucas and Stevie as part of a midfield three is, for me, painful to watch.

It's hard to determine from the telly--but he looks strong fairly big--and he's really looked convincing when he is running forward. Still, I don't see BR using him as a starter if Henderson, Allen and Stevie are all fit. Even if Stevie were not, I'd be surprised if Lucas didn't get the nod for the deep central player.

It's hard to determine from the telly--but he looks strong fairly big--and he's really looked convincing when he is running forward. Still, I don't see BR using him as a starter if Henderson, Allen and Stevie are all fit. Even if Stevie were not, I'd be surprised if Lucas didn't get the nod for the deep central player.
    He is pretty big in person.

If Lucas comes in, or Stevie goes off, we change our formation. At least I thought we did in the games I watched in preseason.

Can seems to have a free role when he has played. He is all over the place.

He is pretty big in person.

If Lucas comes in, or Stevie goes off, we change our formation. At least I thought we did in the games I watched in preseason.

Can seems to have a free role when he has played. He is all over the place.
    He does seem to have the green light to put himself about and get forward. He's looked very promising to me, I think he'll prove to be an excellent signing sooner rather than later.

Lazar Markovic will be made to wait for his Anfield bow – and is battling to make the Premier League kick-off.

The £20million signing from Benfica will sit out this weekend’s home friendly against Borussia Dortmund as he continues to nurse a hamstring strain suffered during the pre-season tour in the United States .
    My ship is coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by youwannabe View Post
    Lazar Markovic will be made to wait for his Anfield bow – and is battling to make the Premier League kick-off.

The £20million signing from Benfica will sit out this weekend’s home friendly against Borussia Dortmund as he continues to nurse a hamstring strain suffered during the pre-season tour in the United States .
    Where did that come from youwannabe?

Quote Originally Posted by Igor Biscuit View Post
    Where did that come from youwannabe?
    Published a few hours ago on the Liverpool echo website
    My ship is coming in.

I went to the Liverpool Man poo game in Miami, pretty much front row, and two things hit me the most for physical presence. How big Skrtel is, and how big Can was.

Skrtel is just huge, he is pretty tall, wide and muscular, yet still fit. Sahko seems taller, but doesn't have the other size, lanky. I would be terrified if Skrtel was coming in on me. I remember one announcer(Champion?) in a game that Skrtel was doing well in last year, was calling Skrtel a mountain of a man, a chiseled god etc... He was totally man crushing him, after I saw him, I can see why, physically.

Can looks like he will run through players. Big upper body for a soccer player. Not bulging muscles, but just big frame. A bit slower than I was hoping, but makes sense for the frame and size of him. Plus he just always seems to have the look of wanting to punch the opposing player.
    It seems like there's a bit man crush going on here too! :-p

Have you seen the clip of Cann's strength? Beast!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/03/emre-c...milan-4819639/

Quote Originally Posted by Igor Biscuit View Post
    It seems like there's a bit man crush going on here too! :-p

Have you seen the clip of Cann's strength? Beast!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/03/emre-c...milan-4819639/
    lol, no just impressive. It is like seeing an incredible horse. You just admire its strength and size.

I do admit though I am bringing up the best things about Skrtel to counter all the 'Skrtel hate' going on at the boards in general atm. I don't think he is a world better, but I think he is a very good defender.

Yeah, Can took on Balotelli and Richards in that game.
    Last edited by SerRenely; 9-8-14 at 20:45.

Sturridge no longer 'injured'

Any updates on Flanno?

Quote Originally Posted by bigscouse View Post
    Any updates on Flanno?
    I have heard nothing, not that I have any special connections.

Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldPoots View Post
    The dates on the side are the return dates right? so Sturridge, Flanno and Markovic should be fine for the opener...

that explains why the Assaidi move seems dead now.
    The might be physically fit, but you can't throw them into a game immediately, they will lack match fitness and may cause more harm to themselves

Quote Originally Posted by reallash View Post
    The might be physically fit, but you can't throw them into a game immediately, they will lack match fitness and may cause more harm to themselves
    They are not even training, so I can't see them in the team unless they start training this week.

I miss the 'injuries & suspensions tracker' on the official website, so great idea for a thread (why do we not have a thumbs up emoticon?!)

hope the estimated dates are correct, would love to see Markovic start (or at least be on bench) against Southampton.

They are not even training, so I can't see them in the team unless they start training this week.
    Not good is it? Looks like we will start with basically the same team as we finished last season (if we are lucky) minus Luis. Lets hope the injuries are not as bad as they seem.

Not good is it? Looks like we will start with basically the same team as we finished last season (if we are lucky) minus Luis. Lets hope the injuries are not as bad as they seem.
    A superb team then, with a better defence.

Not bad though, just gives us less depth in squad and we are use to that. We do have the most injuries in the BPL though with 6-7