Notices
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 597 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Brendan's Management

This thread is garbage.

Whilst I agree that our defense is absolute garbage and Rodgers hasnt sorted it and looks like he cant sort it without help...he is a very good manager...no doubt...especially with how football should be played going forwards.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

I think he doesn't have the tactical acumen to play in Europe,that's not a pressing concern though as expectations for this season were pretty low in this competition.
    If he doesn't get it sorted in the league soon then we are in trouble.

old-school is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayfire View Post
    Lose against the European champions in a game their own manager has said was their best performance of the season and the ***** come out once again
    Arry said the same thing on Sunday when Zamora embarrassed our team

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrakeroot View Post
    Yes, because Rodgers was recruited on Tuesday 21st October 2014 (when you were apparently born).

KanyeWest is offline Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayfire View Post
    Lose against the European champions in a game their own manager has said was their best performance of the season and the ***** come out once again
    Exactly

Better not come out with that "players were brilliant" ********

Quote Originally Posted by digger1 View Post
    This thread is garbage.

Whilst I agree that our defense is absolute garbage and Rodgers hasnt sorted it and looks like he cant sort it without help...he is a very good manager...no doubt...especially with how football should be played going forwards.
    His style has been found out and teams are capitaising on our poor defending. Basic balls into the box are causing us problems.

But I guess Balotelli caused this

geralion is online now Or a tiger they're almost as good
    Quote Originally Posted by KOPGIRL1971 View Post
    This was always going to be the season we saw Rodgers' true level. The first season he had a pass, second season we over-achieved, thanks to our amazing world class striker who inspired the whole team, including our amazing second striker. This season, without Suarez, was always going to be much more difficult, because he was so much more than a goal scorer, although injuries have added to our woes.

I was never in favour of appointing Rodgers, due to his lack of experience at a top club, but he's here and we have to keep supporting him, and hope for the best. It's early days in the league, and we are still in with a shout in the CL, thanks to Ludogorets' late winner.

Like you said, time to assess at the end of the season.
    This exactly - except the end of the season might be too late. Look at his record at Watford and Reading... its not good at all. He did oK at Swansea, keeping them up and that's about his level. But he was a poor choice for LFC - I like him as a person - but we need a high calibre manager with some serious guts!

Quote Originally Posted by RedGeezer85 View Post
    If you include Mignolet as a back 5 he signed 3/5 of that defence tonight.
    Yes I do

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    I think he doesn't have the tactical acumen to play in Europe,that's not a pressing concern though as expectations for this season were pretty low in this competition.
    If he doesn't get it sorted in the league soon then we are in trouble.
    But at the same time Alon1, we have just spent 120 million on the guidance that we need a bigger squad to compete in the CL....if we get knocked out after the next 2 games in the CL, there will be some disapointed bench warmers for the remainder of the season. Players like Markovic might not even get a game...well may not start one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mandrakeroot View Post
    Yes, because Rodgers was recruited on Tuesday 21st October 2014 (when you were apparently born).
    So you expected us to turn over Real Madrid managed by multiple CL winner Ancelotti as player and manager with the best players in the world right now and Ronaldo averaging 2 goals every game so far this season?

And I was the one born yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest View Post
    Exactly
    What did Redknapp say on Sunday?

yeh what the hell, sack him and recall roy

geralion is online now Or a tiger they're almost as good
    This thread is garbage.

You can go forwards all you like but if you have a sieve at the back... and no one scoring when you go forwards it all adds up to zero.

This thread is garbage.

He showed last season that he had tactical nous, in terms of getting the best out of the players at his disposal and setting up the team to maximise the talents of his best player. What worries me is that our defensive issues have yet to be addressed in any way. We have centre backs who can play for their countries and look like world beaters, yet come into our team and look like amateurs. Thats a coaching and organisational issue, in my view, and Rodgers needs to sort this out. And fast.

I've seen worse managers in worse positions turn it around.

Let's not be silly.

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Stupid thread from a stupid poster.

Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    So you expected us to turn over Real Madrid managed by multiple CL winner Ancelotti as player and manager with the best players in the world right now and Ronaldo averaging 2 goals every game so far this season?

What was your pre match prediction?

Quote Originally Posted by old-school View Post
    His style has been found out and teams are capitaising on our poor defending. Basic balls into the box are causing us problems.

But I guess Balotelli caused this
    Yes defending is a huge issue....but attack will be sorted when Sturridge is back. Rodgers needs a man to come in and sort that defense out!

This is Rodgers' team & squad now.

At what point can we judge him?

Of course Rodgers has made mistakes and we've had a poor start of a season. Yet, saying he's simply not good enough and calling for his head is just stupid.

What was your pre match prediction?
    I didn't make one, but I would have been delighted with a point from both games in all honesty.

And still would be in all honesty.

CrawleyRed is offline The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    He's wasted a hell of a lot of money on defence and it's worse than when he came in.

Mignolet - 12 million
    Sakho - 18 million
    Lovren - 20 million
    Kolo - 0
    Moreno - 12 million
    Manquillo - 0
    Ilori - 6 million

I think he'll be out of a job in the summer tbh
    *cough* hypocrite *cough*

C'mon Ladies and Gentlemen, to suggest Rodgers 'isn't good enough' is slightly over the top.

Granted, there are areas he needs to address, but it is the measure of the man on how he reacts.

Rodgers footballing philosophy revolves around pressing, possession and movement - all areas that have destabilised since Suarez's departure and Sturridge's injuries.

It's like Rodgers has to re-program his tactical approach and its been extremely difficult, coupled mind you with the fact that current team members have been either injured or in poor form.

Add to that new squad members who may have thought they were entering a culture of hard pressing and fluidity only to be greeted by static, laborious play ethic, and what do you get - a cocktail of inconsistent, frustrating football that is obviously compared to the dizzying heights of last season.

In tonight's game, I thought in patches, another issue, we looked ok against The Champions, second half much better, even though Real may have slowed up. We sustained possession and had a look of stability - and I will not join the chorus of slagging one or two players when in reality, everyone, including Rodgers, needs to lift and work hard to maintain a systematic approach of pressing and movement that had everyone on tenderhooks last season - even without the Uruguyan.

There is enough talent in this squad, there is enough talent directing them from the sidelines to see this squad improve.

We are still in for finishing 2nd in this group and sit in a promising position in the League, with what is it, 8 games played.

As I said earlier, c'mon, let's get behind them. They know that hard work is in front of them.

That definitely includes Brendan.

BR: I've got to give a big credit to the players as the first period of the game we did well. Harsh to be 3-0 down at half-time. :FP:

Says it all really, the players lost it after 10mins, Rodgers got found out tonight, plain and simple.

Wonder if Rafa would be interested?

This is Rodgers' team & squad now.

At what point can we judge him?
    End of the season. But it's always easy to say replace the manager, remember we did come so close to winning the league last season.

Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post

Losing to Basel?

Home: Scraped past Ludugrets and Southampton

Outplayed by Boro at home needing pens

Home: Losing to Villa

Defence Murdered in Upton Park

Defence Battered against QPR

Are you trying to tell me that this is just tonight against super Madrid?

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Wonder if Rafa would be interested?
    Here we go...RedGeezer troll time.

Quote Originally Posted by AboveUsOnlySky View Post
    C'mon Ladies and Gentlemen, to suggest Rodgers 'isn't good enough' is slightly over the top.

Granted, there are areas he needs to address, but it is the measure of the man on how he reacts.

Rodgers footballing philosophy revolves around pressing, possession and movement - all areas that have destabilised since Suarez's departure and Sturridge's injuries.

It's like Rodgers has to re-program his tactical approach and its been extremely difficult, coupled mind you with the fact that current team members have been either injured or in poor form.

Add to that new squad members who may have thought they were entering a culture of hard pressing and fluidity only to be greeted by static, laborious play ethic, and what do you get - a cocktail of inconsistent, frustrating football that is obviously compared to the dizzying heights of last season.

In tonight's game, I thought in patches, another issue, we looked ok against The Champions, second half much better, even though Real may have slowed up. We sustained possession and had a look of stability - and I will not join the chorus of slagging one or two players when in reality, everyone, including Rodgers, needs to lift and work hard to maintain a systematic approach of pressing and movement that had everyone on tenderhooks last season - even without the Uruguyan.

There is enough talent in this squad, there is enough talent directing them from the sidelines to see this squad improve.

We are still in for finishing 2nd in this group and sit in a promising position in the League, with what is it, 8 games played.

As I said earlier, c'mon, let's get behind them. They know that hard work is in front of them.

That definitely includes Brendan.
    Well said.