Notices
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 597 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Brendan's Management

1. #1 Brendan Rodgers Brendan's Management 
    old-school is online now Academy prospect
    Let's talk Rodgers and if he's really good enough.

Tactically naive, defensively poor and has wasted so much money. We can blame Balotelli and Lovren all we like but they wouldn't be here if Rodgers didn't spend 36m on either.

MOD NOTE: This is now archived and closed for further comments. The current thread can be found here:
    http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/thread...agement-thread
    Last edited by tweepie; 6-2-15 at 21:38.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

anyone would think Real Madrid are a sunday league pub team going by the reaction of some meffs on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    anyone would think Real Madrid are a sunday league pub team going by the reaction of some meffs on this board.
    QPR, Basel, West Ham, Middlesbrough

No but good managers know how to get results

Yes, because Rodgers was recruited on Tuesday 21st October 2014 (when you were apparently born).

My concern is that Rodgers has yet to realise that good teams are built from a solid defence. If he doesnt realise this soon and address it i.e. bring in a proper defensive coach, I would have to ask serious questions about what he wants to achieve at the club. We simply cannot keep defending like this. Its not good enough whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by old-school View Post
    Villa, ludogorets, middlesboro etc etc

Let's sack him and start again, again.

They're so up their own arses blaming a player he signed. No wonder the Balotelli thread's on fire.

I'm starting to lose faith in Rodgers and I honestly think he should be assessed at the end of the season.

Im a massive fan of his however he struggles to find balance in his team's. We honestly looked like individuals and nowhere near a team. It's been like that all season and it's disgusting. If Southampton can put it together, we should too.

win, lose, lose, win.

And? still has nothing to do with Real Madrid being the defending European champions with probably the best player in the world right now.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Lovren It View Post
    Let's sack him and start again, again.
    If it carries on, he will.

No excuses!

Don't agree with this, he is still young and done fantastically well last season.

He does need to somehow find a way of sorting out the defensive side of the game tho, even if it means getting someone else in to help with it.

TheHolyTrinity is offline No longer loves Baggio's tackle

No excuses!
    Yeah, that is not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny-Rodgers View Post
    My concern is that Rodgers has yet to realise that good teams are built from a solid defence.
    This.

It concerns me as well.

He's wasted a hell of a lot of money on defence and it's worse than when he came in.

Mignolet - 12 million
    Sakho - 18 million
    Lovren - 20 million
    Kolo - 0
    Moreno - 12 million
    Manquillo - 0
    Ilori - 6 million

I think he'll be out of a job in the summer tbh

No excuses!
    when did JW Henry promote you to the board?

win, lose, lose, win.

And? still has nothing to do with Real Madrid being the defending European champions with probably the best player in the world right now.
    It's not just defending, it's all the money he's wasted on players that are nowhere near the level required.

Over 100m spent, no defence atall, no goals whatsoever, set-pieces a disgrace, no tactics.

Last season he got very lucky, Suarez took us to the next level not Brendan, I think it's time for a change and get someone expierenced, he's been found out in europe already.

--Rodgers is great, hard to blame Rodgers for our defenders individually not being very good.
    ---ALTHOUGH he and the transfer committee are under real pressure now. But I think he deserves our support, it's only October.

-SilkySkills- is offline First team regular
    Would like to see his team come of age before we think about changes. We do have some good players but then again some players aren't cutting the mustard and Brendan and the board need to take some responsibility for that

Quote Originally Posted by Collard Greens View Post
    --Rodgers is great, hard to blame Rodgers for our defenders individually not being very good.
    ---ALTHOUGH he and the transfer committee are under real pressure now. But I think he deserves our support, it's only October.
    If you include Mignolet as a back 5 he signed 3/5 of that defence tonight.

They're so up their own arses blaming a player he signed. No wonder the Balotelli thread's on fire.

I'm starting to lose faith in Rodgers and I honestly think he should be assessed at the end of the season.
    This was always going to be the season we saw Rodgers' true level. The first season he had a pass, second season we over-achieved, thanks to our amazing world class striker who inspired the whole team, including our amazing second striker. This season, without Suarez, was always going to be much more difficult, because he was so much more than a goal scorer, although injuries have added to our woes.

I was never in favour of appointing Rodgers, due to his lack of experience at a top club, but he's here and we have to keep supporting him, and hope for the best. It's early days in the league, and we are still in with a shout in the CL, thanks to Ludogorets' late winner.

Like you said, time to assess at the end of the season.

It's not just defending, it's all the money he's wasted on players that are nowhere near the level required.
    you mean players that haven't even played 10 competitive game yet? great fan you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny-Rodgers View Post
    My concern is that Rodgers has yet to realise that good teams are built from a solid defence. If he doesnt realise this soon and address it i.e. bring in a proper defensive coach, I would have to ask serious questions about what he wants to achieve at the club. We simply cannot keep defending like this. Its not good enough whatsoever.
    Thissss...Well said

Lose against the European champions in a game their own manager has said was their best performance of the season and the ***** come out once again

when did JW Henry promote you to the board?
    This isn't a witch hunt, I like the man and the was we attack, but he has not learnt anything since he joined and was very very fortunate that he inherited Suarez and the way Sturridge clicked with him. Now everyone's moved on with even West Ham copying our style of play.

He didn't address the defence and signed two flimsy lightweight Spanish kids and gutless fraud in Lovren.

Disagree. Rodgers will get this right.

We were outclassed tonight but it's okey. It was Real Madrid for petes sake! They have a team full of world class players. Rodgers have bought young players for the future, and is developing a team, he needs time. People are simply too unpatient because of our lack of trophies the last era..

Games like Spurs away and Dortmund earlier this season proved it's about the team and wasn't down to just Suarez.

**** off

This isn't a witch hunt, I like the man and the was we attack, but he has not learnt anything since he joined and was very very fortunate that he inherited Suarez and the way Sturridge clicked with him. Now everyone's moved on with even West Ham copying our style of play.

He didn't address the defence and signed two flimsy lightweight Spanish kids and gutless fraud in Lovren.
    it's not a witch hunt but in your own thread title you say the manager isn't good enough after losing to the defending European Champions and a slow start in the league?