Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suso

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiie View Post
    Suso did not look anything special for us. Good luck to him anyhow.
    What do you expect from hardly getting any playing time. BR just wasn't big enough of a manager at the time to give the boy his chances and allow him to make mistakes, as every young player will. BR just couldn't see past the fact that a young player was not chasing after everything like a headless chicken, like most British managers.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGoal View Post
    What do you expect from hardly getting any playing time. BR just wasn't big enough of a manager at the time to give the boy his chances and allow him to make mistakes, as every young player will. BR just couldn't see past the fact that a young player was not chasing after everything like a headless chicken, like most British managers.
    Just saying it as I saw it.

Daily Mirror saying Spurs in for Suso - Link

I'll be literally gutted if that happens

Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post

That would be a proper kick in the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    That would be a proper kick in the balls.
    Part of the historic mismanagement at this club that Klopp is starting to change

Pretty sure that God said, of all the players coming through a few years back, Suso would be the one.............................................
    loyal since 1960.

Didn't understand Suso situation at the club, when he had his debut alongside Sterling,

Look very technical player, a genuine threat with a bit pace and skills

Didn't look out of place playing for Liverpool and definitely squad option

His loan to Spain, 12 games also be out performed Messi, most dribbles most created chances and start to score a few goals

Him haven't followed him since he's played in Italy but the fact that he's been linked with moved to some top clubs shows that there's definitely talent there in him

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Didn't understand Suso situation at the club, when he had his debut alongside Sterling,

Look very technical player, a genuine threat with a bit pace and skills

Didn't look out of place playing for Liverpool and definitely squad option

His loan to Spain, 12 games also be out performed Messi, most dribbles most created chances and start to score a few goals

Him haven't followed him since he's played in Italy but the fact that he's been linked with moved to some top clubs shows that there's definitely talent there in him
    He refused to sign a new contract...and left when his existing deal ran out.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Cannot blame him either, he was getting next to no play time in the first team, and that was the only way he was going to improve imo.

Thank you for bringing up the contract situation as I forgot that thank you but I was more talking about talent wise

I thought he would be better than Allen in central midfield as he had more technique and ability.

That all that he also could play both wings,

Similar player to Coutino so I didn't understand why it wasn't get much game time at Liverpool as it didn't look out of place

I too would be absolutely gutted

I'd rather we brought him back instead of Spurs.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    I can only assume he left because he wasn't getting a fair chance here and had to move on. We sold him early and got a small fee for him, too.

To put it in context...

Markovic - 23, signed July 2014 for 20m
    Suso - 23, went to Milan for 1.3m in January 2015 after being frozen out by Rogers.

I dunno, it really galls me, Suso had a very particular skillset. I could see him at Chelsea, City or Spurs and fitting in.

We could have developed him properly like Milan did.

I blame Jose Enrique...

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemer View Post
    I blame Jose Enrique...
    Are we still paying him for Instagram duties?

He had a great debut in the league against United
    He created the Liverpool goal that day. You could see his quality when he left for dead the 'world class' Paul Scholes

Cannot blame him either, he was getting next to no play time in the first team, and that was the only way he was going to improve imo.
    I don't think Rodgers thought he was mentally or physically tough enough to be relied on

Which is kind of ironic given the squad Rodgers left us with when he got the boot

Similar player to Coutino so I didn't understand why it wasn't get much game time at Liverpool as it didn't look out of place[/QUOTE]

Suso and Phil Coutinho had a very similar skill-set at the same age, but there was one major difference. Even when Phil joined at 19, he had an aggressiveness about him that Suso didn't. Yes he's pretty slight and looks like even now that a stiff breeze would blow him over, but he's tough. Probably tougher than he looks. On his day he's a little bulldozer, probably not as physically strong as Bobby, but he's not only tough, but mentally tough.

I doubt it if Suso ever possessed that mental toughness, so therefore he would fit in at Spurs or Arsenal amongst those other bottlers. He doesn't have the balls to play for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Coutinhosmagicfeet View Post
    Similar player to Coutino so I didn't understand why it wasn't get much game time at Liverpool as it didn't look out of place
    Suso and Phil Coutinho had a very similar skill-set at the same age, but there was one major difference. Even when Phil joined at 19, he had an aggressiveness about him that Suso didn't. Yes he's pretty slight and looks like even now that a stiff breeze would blow him over, but he's tough. Probably tougher than he looks. On his day he's a little bulldozer, probably not as physically strong as Bobby, but he's not only tough, but mentally tough.

I doubt it if Suso ever possessed that mental toughness, so therefore he would fit in at Spurs or Arsenal amongst those other bottlers. He doesn't have the balls to play for anyone else.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how you can question his mental toughness. He came to a different country as a kid to try and make a career for himself, then went to a different country when it didn't' happen for him to play for a team with big expectations and steeped in history and refused to give up on his dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Coutinhosmagicfeet View Post

I doubt it if Suso ever possessed that mental toughness, so therefore he would fit in at Spurs or Arsenal amongst those other bottlers. He doesn't have the balls to play for anyone else.[/QUOTE]

Like someone's already mentioned about Suso mental toughness by joining ome the biggest English teams as a young kid,

didn't look phased when playing in the Premier League

His loan spell back to his native country to a very small Club, he was like there Stevie G for them dragging them up by the coat tails

His performances in Spain got the attention of quite a few big clubs

Returning back to Liverpool it was only a matter of time that should have made his debut more permanent but Rodgers didn't have the guts to play him

That he must have nerves and mental capacity to come back from that and then ended up and another big Club in another different country

Mustard progress significantly as quite a few big clubs in England what him

If we had other staff above Br, that knew anything about football, many of his poor decisions might have been stopped and we might not have such a poor squad.

If we had other staff above Br, that knew anything about football, many of his poor decisions might have been stopped and we might not have such a poor squad.
    Wish FSG have more football experience people at the top then the situation with Rodgers would never happened

I was distraught when LFC let Suso leave. I remember in 2012/2013 he was one of our most outstanding attacking players for the first half of the season. For some reason Rogers never gave him a chance again and kept loaning him out. Even at Almeria and Geneo he did pretty well considering his age. The talent was there to see and A.C Milan spotted it. I'd be devastated to see him at Spurs or Chelsea. Wish Klopp buys him back. Definitely the new David Silva

There aren't short of interests from big clubs now, including Chelsea as well as Juventus apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by JesalTV View Post
    I dunno, it really galls me, Suso had a very particular skillset. I could see him at Chelsea, City or Spurs and fitting in.

We could have developed him properly like Milan did.
    It's actually a quite a story at Milan. Inzaghi bought him mid season, didn't get much playing time initially, but towards the end of that season he was getting few games here and there, but then Inzaghi go sacked and Mihahlovic came in. Mihajlovic didn't fancy him, loaned him out in January but ended up having a stunning rest of the season at Genoa. All in honesty though, if Mihajlovic stayed he'd probably have been sold. Now under Montella, he's the main focus of that team attacking wise. But really turning point was at Genoa when he got the trust of the manager was allowed to do what whatever he can on the pitch.
    Last edited by MachineGoal; 21-3-17 at 14:10.

WirralRiddler is online now These posts brought to you by Dr Dre & Only Fools & Horses appreciation society
    Looking at things that way, why would we even need a manager? Couldn't the staff above just manage the team themselves in that case?

There aren't short of interests from big clubs now, including Chelsea as well as Juventus apparently.
    Shocking Stuff

It was obvious to every man and his dog that the lad had talent when he was here.
    We could of developed him into a better player than Mahrez in my view

You'll get many more Hendersons & Cans to the pound, than you will the likes of Susos - that's for sure

Pub player plus Milan are crappy

Quote Originally Posted by boris30 View Post
    Pub player plus Milan are crappy
    Thank you Boris. Insightful post.

Do you have any further observations to add to our enlightenment ?

That's unfortunately what happens when our board and owners dictate a policy which means signing young players which are in the same age bracket as those emerging from the academy, in blocking the progress of our academy youngsters.

Suso was never going to get his chance here when we sign in majority we sign young players around the same age group on higher fees and wages.