Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suso

1. #1 Default Suso 
    AnfieldSouth41 is offline Academy prospect
    Why do you think we didnt loan him out again ?

at his age he is in a key period for his development and he is sitting on the bench, its potentially a year wasted of his life in learning the game and playing proper competetive football. i dont understand why BR brought him back if he's not going to give him any time at all.

Surely we should have loaned him out again ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldSouth41 View Post
    Why do you think we didnt loan him out again ?

at his age he is in a key period for his development and he is sitting on the bench, its potentially a year wasted of his life in learning the game and playing proper competetive football. i dont understand why BR brought him back if he's not going to give him any time at all.

Surely we should have loaned him out again ?
    Injured until the 2nd December.
    Nothing is impossible whilst it's still possible..........

Shame. Looked one of our best players this season.

So Suso FINALLY came of age in a Milan shirt over the weekend, scoring a brace over their fierce rivals Inter.

Brilliant for the guy, and he was unlucky that Inter equalised right near the end, otherwise it would have been a famous matchwinning double.

Good to see him finally grabbing the bull by the horns. Two good goals, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JesalTV View Post
    So Suso FINALLY came of age in a Milan shirt over the weekend, scoring a brace over their fierce rivals Inter.

Brilliant for the guy, and he was unlucky that Inter equalised right near the end, otherwise it would have been a famous matchwinning double.

Always likes him

already seen people say "why did we let him go".... sigh

Good player with a high ceiling, letting him go was right for his development. Nice to see him starting to put in the performances

Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    already seen people say "why did we let him go".... sigh
    I was gutted at the time but it was clearly the right decision for all concerned.

I just think he's more suited to Italy/Spain. And it's taken him ages to make a real impact for Milan, too.

I was gutted at the time but it was clearly the right decision for all concerned.

I just think he's more suited to Italy/Spain. And it's taken him ages to make a real impact for Milan, too.
    agreed mate

It is worth putting buybacks in contracts for players like these like with ibe and canos cos he clearly had some potential. Not saying hes good enough for LFC now but in a couple years time you never know.

That league suits him better than the PL.

good to see him fulfilling his potential.

He went out on a loan to Genoa last season, I think it was this January, looking to be sold at the end of it, Mihajlovic didn't fancy him. But that loan spell turned out to be an absolute blessing for him. He played under a manager who had absolute belief in him and the progress he'd made during that spell was remarkable. The new Milan Manager obviously see him as integral part of the plan, and he's been on red hot form recently, looking to fulfill the potential we all knew he had, usually he's one of their best players. Such a shame, it's the rare case of one that got away from the youth ranks.
    Last edited by MachineGoal; 24-11-16 at 12:07.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MachineGoal View Post
    He went out on a loan to Genoa last year, I think it was in January, looking to be sold at the end of it, Mihajlovic didn't fancy him. But that loan spell turned out to be an absolute blessing for him. He played under a manager who had absolute belief in him and the progress he'd made during that spell was remarkable. The new Milan Manager obviously see him as integral part of the plan, and he's been on red hot form recently, looking to fulfill the potential we all knew he had, usually he's one of their best players. Such a shame, it's the rare case of one that got away from the youth ranks.
    Yeah, my mate is an avid Milan fan (been to a derby with him which was an experience!) and he couldn't wait to get Suso back after how he performed at Genoa. He was already disappointed he didn't get enough games before he went on loan because he looked one of their better attacking players, but he really excelled at Genoa and now looks like turning it on at Milan.

I always liked Suso, and I'm still a bit disappointed he never got a chance here, but hopefully it all works out for him.

It's bizarre - did do well on loan to Genoa, especially once he found his scoring boots.

But he played really well at Almeria too. He had a lot of exceptional games in a struggling side.

He's still only 23. I think he could have a very solid career. Milan are a youthful team in transition so maybe there or somewhere else, but he's got bags of talent.

It's ironic that Klopp was talking up David Silva a few weeks back - Suso is arguably that type of player. Whether or not he would fit Klopp's style is arguable, though.

I think it was Robbie Fowler, when talking about emerging players at Melwood, who said that for him Suso was the pick of the bunch.
    loyal since 1960.

At Almeria and Genoa, it's the case of a young player having complete trust of the manager. It's crucial to their confidence that you are allowed to make mistakes, as all young player will, and won't be subbed 50min into the game and won't be cherry picked for a criticism.

We had 2 absolute gem of talents in our youth rank, Suso and Sterling, and ended up losing them because of miss management!

I'm glad to see he's doing well, I was disappointed we let him go (even though he wanted to leave) because he was decent in the games he played for us.

Nice to see Suso doing well... Wanted him to succeed here but alas.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    That league suits him better than the PL.
    Suso when he made his debut I feel better player than Sterling , a more rounded player but lacking the pace of Sterling

Shame we had a manager who was not willing to trust his development in the Premier league, right now he would have been ideal backup player for Coutinho

would saved us 25m when we bought Adam Lallana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QxcG4cNnBQ

After watching that, been weeping all night at the loss He's on fire for Milan, been as good for Milan as Coutinho has been for us.

Could have had Fermino, Coutinho, Mane, Suso as attacking quartet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QxcG4cNnBQ

After watching that, been weeping all night at the loss He's on fire for Milan, been as good for Milan as Coutinho has been for us.

Could have had Fermino, Coutinho, Mane, Suso as attacking quartet.
    Happy for Suso, but he certainly was pretty rank for us.

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    Happy for Suso, but he certainly was pretty rank for us.
    How can you say that when he's never got a proper run in the team, and when ever he did he never look bad. BR just couldn't see past the fact that he wasn't running around chasing after everything like a headless chicken.

How can you say that when he's never got a proper run in the team, and when ever he did he never look bad. BR just couldn't see past the fact that he wasn't running around chasing after everything like a headless chicken.
    I watched just about every minute he played.

Another Rodgers mistake, like not keeping Agger happy, not playing Sahin in a deep lying play-maker role and signing him on a permanent basis, playing Markovic out of position.

I was never convinced with Rodgers judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    I watched just about every minute he played.
    So did everyone and most would agree he was never rank.

Quote Originally Posted by El Draco View Post
    Nice to see Suso doing well... Wanted him to succeed here but alas.....
    Suso did not look anything special for us. Good luck to him anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by *Shriekback* View Post
    Another Rodgers mistake, like not keeping Agger happy, not playing Sahin in a deep lying play-maker role and signing him on a permanent basis, playing Markovic out of position.

I was never convinced with Rodgers judgment.
    Suso had a poor attitude at lpool and did nothing special. Agger was done. Sahin was trash for us and is not suited for the prem in a deep laying or attack role. Markovic is struggling out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by PejiVanbasten View Post
    Suso had a poor attitude at lpool and did nothing special. Agger was done. Sahin was trash for us and is not suited for the prem in a deep laying or attack role. Markovic is struggling out on loan.
    All pretty well spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by PejiVanbasten View Post
    Suso had bags of potential but I honestly thought at the time that him, Wisdom and Sterling were thrown in to buy Rodgers breathing space. Once we restored Henderson, Downing and a few others to the side we improved markedly in the second half of that season.

As for Sahin and Markovic, it's harsh to judge players when they aren't played in positions that suit them. Marko was never a left wing back, and Sahin has done well since returning to Dortmund. It was classic square peg/ round hole Rodgers management.