Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 2037

Thread: Markovic

  1. #31  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    20,223
    Quote Originally Posted by SergioGeorgini View Post
    He's 20. He's played 7 games.

    Give the lad a break.
    This, What sort of an idiot writes one of his young players off after just a few games ?

    Some people need to look up the word "support"
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtiz View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKNZcLSU1UY

    skip to 35 seconds

    **** me hes fast haha
    These youtube clips make him look fast, but to me it looks like he runs very awkwardly, like someone has mentioned it could be psychological, lets hope he lives up to his price tag.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtiz View Post
    He's running from a standing start, he needs to take a touch.

    Sometimes when you're weak brushing past a defender will mean they slow you down, a bit of weight would help him get past.....also playing on the left helps this.

    Check the youtube video above, he breezes past Thiago Silva
    I remember Downing breezing past Clichy and Micah Richards, it doesn't matter. Markovic doesn't look like a good player at all right now.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    fredthecamel is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37,324
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvonuk View Post
    This, What sort of an idiot writes one of his young players off after just a few games ?

    Some people need to look up the word "support"
    ray we are all hoping he is as good as what coach expects but the clock is a ticking
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    fredthecamel is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37,324
    Quote Originally Posted by #20Lallana View Post
    I remember Downing breezing past Clichy and Micah Richards, it doesn't matter. Markovic doesn't look like a good player at all right now.
    bad wording, markovic hasn t shown that much to suggest he is a world beater yet

    i thought he did ok against madrid
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    These youtube clips make him look fast, but to me it looks like he runs very awkwardly, like someone has mentioned it could be psychological, lets hope he lives up to his price tag.
    He runs like ronaldo, does it to maintain balance.

    Think we need to exploit his running ability more, he doesn't look tricky but he looks quality carrying the ball.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by #20Lallana View Post
    I remember Downing breezing past Clichy and Micah Richards, it doesn't matter. Markovic doesn't look like a good player at all right now.
    Please read my original comment....don't confuse pace with footballing ability.

    If you have anything decent to add go for it...if not go away.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    MacedonianRed is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,996
    The best way to explain Markovic's current situation is to remember how Sterling was looking at the beginning of last season ... The enormous talent is there, and it just needs to be unleashed ... The good news is that Brendan obviously has faith in Markovic's talent, and he will be giving him chances to play through the barrier ... Once it happens, we will have the best pair of wide attacking players in the Premier League ...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15,240
    Quote Originally Posted by MacedonianRed View Post
    The best way to explain Markovic's current situation is to remember how Sterling was looking at the beginning of last season ... The enormous talent is there, and it just needs to be unleashed ... The good news is that Brendan obviously has faith in Markovic's talent, and he will be giving him chances to play through the barrier ... Once it happens, we will have the best pair of wide attacking players in the Premier League ...
    Doesn't really matter if we don't have a decent striker to finish off chances. It's all ifs and buts, especially with Balo who's entire career has been an if, we have too many "if" players. The sooner we get rid of Balo the sooner we can go back to last season form.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by MacedonianRed View Post
    The best way to explain Markovic's current situation is to remember how Sterling was looking at the beginning of last season ... The enormous talent is there, and it just needs to be unleashed ... The good news is that Brendan obviously has faith in Markovic's talent, and he will be giving him chances to play through the barrier ... Once it happens, we will have the best pair of wide attacking players in the Premier League ...
    What position though & what are his strengths?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    MacedonianRed is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtiz View Post
    What position though & what are his strengths?
    The opposite side of Sterling obviously, with Sturridge in the middle ... As for his strengths, close control on the dribble at a very good pace is probably the best attribute to his game ... I have compared him to a young Dejan Savicevic for a reason ...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #42  
    MacedonianRed is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,996
    Quote Originally Posted by #20Lallana View Post
    Doesn't really matter if we don't have a decent striker to finish off chances. It's all ifs and buts, especially with Balo who's entire career has been an if, we have too many "if" players. The sooner we get rid of Balo the sooner we can go back to last season form.
    Have we sold Sturridge already?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #43  
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by MacedonianRed View Post
    The best way to explain Markovic's current situation is to remember how Sterling was looking at the beginning of last season ... The enormous talent is there, and it just needs to be unleashed ... The good news is that Brendan obviously has faith in Markovic's talent, and he will be giving him chances to play through the barrier ... Once it happens, we will have the best pair of wide attacking players in the Premier League ...
    All your basically saying there is ohh sterling was crap once now he's good .... Markovic is crap now he must turn out good too.... There are a lot of crap players out there doesn't mean they will all tear out like sterling
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #44  
    MacedonianRed is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcoutinho View Post
    All your basically saying there is ohh sterling was crap once now he's good .... Markovic is crap now he must turn out good too.... There are a lot of crap players out there doesn't mean they will all tear out like sterling
    No, what I am saying is that I have seen Markovic do some amazing things on the pitch ... I have first seen him in person when he was only 16 years old, when he was included in Partizan's winter training camp that took place in Macedonia ...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #45  
    fredthecamel is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37,324
    Quote Originally Posted by MacedonianRed View Post
    The best way to explain Markovic's current situation is to remember how Sterling was looking at the beginning of last season ... The enormous talent is there, and it just needs to be unleashed ... The good news is that Brendan obviously has faith in Markovic's talent, and he will be giving him chances to play through the barrier ... Once it happens, we will have the best pair of wide attacking players in the Premier League ...
    do you think he has a greater potential than sterling
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #46  
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by MacedonianRed View Post
    No, what I am saying is that I have seen Markovic do some amazing things on the pitch ... I have first seen him in person when he was only 16 years old, when he was included in Partizan's winter training camp that took place in Macedonia ...
    Cheers i thought that might be the case.

    weird how rodgers can't see this...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #47  
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    689
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UtYbFSbLjbc
    That pass at 1:18 ..... XD
    His latest game for Serbia last month v France
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #48  
    MacedonianRed is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,996
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    do you think he has a greater potential than sterling
    Sterling has a massive potential ... I'd say that Markovic is pretty close to him in terms of talent ...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #49  
    MacedonianRed is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtiz View Post
    Cheers i thought that might be the case.

    weird how rodgers can't see this...
    I'd say that Rodgers is seeing this, and that is why he is giving Markovic regular chances ... I know that he hasn't featured yesterday, but I expect him to start on Tuesday ...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #50  
    fredthecamel is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37,324
    Quote Originally Posted by MacedonianRed View Post
    Sterling has a massive potential ... I'd say that Markovic is pretty close to him in terms of talent ...
    great another player close to sterlings level would really help our attack
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #51  
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by MacedonianRed View Post
    I'd say that Rodgers is seeing this, and that is why he is giving Markovic regular chances ... I know that he hasn't featured yesterday, but I expect him to start on Tuesday ...
    You say this but he's playing marko on the right.

    Balotelli on his own

    Not happy with that
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #52  
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,770
    It will be interesting to see how he does but at this moment he looks off the pace and
    playing too safe with his passing also lacking confidence to take on his man and do something
    with the ball
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #53  
    MacedonianRed is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtiz View Post
    You say this but he's playing marko on the right.

    Balotelli on his own

    Not happy with that
    Our entire attacking approach is pretty conservative at the moment ... The dynamics of our attack will change dramatically once Sturridge is back ... In fact, when we see Sturridge, Sterling and Markovic starting together, I expect to see a lot of position swapping ...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #54  
    fredthecamel is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37,324
    Quote Originally Posted by MacedonianRed View Post
    Our entire attacking approach is pretty conservative at the moment ... The dynamics of our attack will change dramatically once Sturridge is back ... In fact, when we see Sturridge, Sterling and Markovic starting together, I expect to see a lot of position swapping ...
    i m expecting our ultimate starting 11 later this year to be

    ----------gerrard
    ------hendo----lallana
    --sterling--------markovic
    ----------sturridge

    but also brendan has been 4-2-3-1 experimenting this year , maybe fotr a line of marko couti/lallana sterling behind sturridge
    Last edited by fredthecamel; 26-10-14 at 19:40.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #55  
    fredthecamel is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37,324
    if he is as good as you guys are saying he is i cant wait for him to get going
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #56  
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    i m expecting our ultimate starting 11 later this year to be

    ----------gerrard
    ------hendo----lallana
    --sterling--------markovic
    ----------sturridge
    Coutinho will be in there some were ...balotelli too ( if he stays )
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #57  
    MacedonianRed is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,996
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    i m expecting our ultimate starting 11 later this year to be

    ----------gerrard
    ------hendo----lallana
    --sterling--------markovic
    ----------sturridge
    I think that this season Rodgers will be mostly starting with Sturridge and Balotelli upfront, with Sterling playing behind them, but next season I expect to see some changes, with Markovic getting more starts next to Sturridge and Sterling ... Markovic's introduction as a full time starter will be a gradual process, and that is only natural with such a young player ...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #58  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15,240
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    i m expecting our ultimate starting 11 later this year to be

    ----------gerrard
    ------hendo----lallana
    --sterling--------markovic
    ----------sturridge

    but also brendan has been 4-2-3-1 experimenting this year , maybe fotr a line of marko couti/lallana sterling behind sturridge
    You mean Brendan will drop Balo? Or better yet, sell him? If only.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #59  
    fredthecamel is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcoutinho View Post
    Coutinho will be in there some were ...balotelli too ( if he stays )
    coutinho or lallana depending on form, couti currently looks back on form and ought to start
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #60  
    fredthecamel is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37,324
    Quote Originally Posted by #20Lallana View Post
    You mean Brendan will drop Balo? Or better yet, sell him? If only.
    he might, he might experiment with the diamond and 3 5 2 with sterling and moreno as wingbacks

    i m still curious to see balo up front with sturridge yet
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •