Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Markovic

He does look crap in all honesty.

Let's hope he improves.
    You'll Never Walk Alone.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

MacedonianRed is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    if he is as good as you guys are saying he is i cant wait for him to get going
    One of the reasons why I am so optimistic about our future is the fact that we have signed a couple of amazing attacking prospects in Markovic and Origi this summer ... I understand that some of our fans can't see the benefits of it at the moment, but I have a feeling that signing those 2 players for less than 30 million is our best piece of business since we have signed Suarez for 23 million ...

One of the most frustrating things is his shooting ... I have honestly never seen anyone so scared to shoot in my life when it comes to top fight football
    And when he does decide to shoot it's always a curling shot that not only lacks pace but also lacks accuracy
    Never seen him shoot a shot with real power yet not even on YouTube clips...even I as a 14-15 year old had more power in my shooting ... It was probably my best attribute but still I expect so much more

funny i said in the summer i've never heard of markovic before . felt a little silly for my comments after a load of people told me he is destined for world player of the year. i still don't get how these people know him so well.

i get he is out of form and we are not seeing anything of his best, but i don't see how and why his speed will double.

fredthecamel is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MacedonianRed View Post
    One of the reasons why I am so optimistic about our future is the fact that we have signed a couple of amazing attacking prospects in Markovic and Origi this summer ... I understand that some of our fans can't see the benefits of it at the moment, but I have a feeling that signing those 2 players for less than 30 million is our best piece of business since we have signed Suarez for 23 million ...
    thats high praise

i dont see it with origi yet either, but once again down to not knowing him

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    i m aware of the problems but rodgers has no problem throwing can in...i hope you are right, from what i ve seen so far he gets pushed off the ball a little too easily...but yes he has been here a few months now he really ought to be showing his qualities in training at least
    That's absolutely true. Can is a big powerful lad, his main duties are defensive and simple in possession. It doesn't require huge amounts of flair, creativity, composure. There are different types of players and some take time to adjust even if at same age.

There's also much less expectation on Can. If he holds, tackles does a few decent passes that's a good start. Markovic there's much more expected. Fans here expected big things from Allen and Henderson in midfield and took them time because when they were signed they were major signings. Can was one of the smaller signings expectation wise.

It's why I've advocated utilising young players developed at the club. Some managers think it's simply a matter of quality, it isn't. Young players coming through are adjusted to pace of English football, they already feel comfortable at the club, when they play there is less expectation and if you can channel that there's a good chance of a decent start for them.

Think about our young lads coming through have disappointed. Suso never did badly, Kelly won Young Player of the Year, Wisdom was solid, Flanagan superb, Sterling sensational and few games Ibe played he's looked great and Rossiter scored on debut.

Look how Balotelli struggled, how Henderson struggled at first, even playing well Suarez missed loads of chances when arriving, Allen struggled, Lovren has struggled. It's not always a matter of quality how quickly you start and how well, far from it and when you realise that truth you can see what environment you need to create to get the best out of signings and unfortunately fans have no idea how to do that.

They raise expectations and then judge too soon and throw huge amounts of pressure and criticism around and create the worst type of environment possible.

We've got an absolute steal signing him for 19.8 million, but we were lucky that this was his release clause ... In 3-4 years we will have serious problems to keep him, when Real Madrid and Barcelona come in for him ...
    Oh dear Lord your posts keep getting worse and I genuinely thought that wasn't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtiz View Post
    I think pace is the only thing you can't dispute.

I've like to hear more about him though.
    Pace? My gran is faster than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    Should, should, should. Really? You know better than Rodgers? Come on. The lad is quality he's barely played 300 minutes and part of our problem is too many faces too little cohesion so more new faces rarely fixes that. I said this summer he'll be a top player in Europe and he will and I also said it may be around Christmas or just after we see him shine.

I have no doubt he'll start a few games once Sturridge is back.
    Coach give it a rest. You post endless crap in here and make yourself look stupid and instead of ever admitting your wrong(like you always are) you just dig a hole deeper for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    That's absolutely true. Can is a big powerful lad, his main duties are defensive and simple in possession. It doesn't require huge amounts of flair, creativity, composure. There are different types of players and some take time to adjust even if at same age.

There's also much less expectation on Can. If he holds, tackles does a few decent passes that's a good start. Markovic there's much more expected. Fans here expected big things from Allen and Henderson in midfield and took them time because when they were signed they were major signings. Can was one of the smaller signings expectation wise.

It's why I've advocated utilising young players developed at the club. Some managers think it's simply a matter of quality, it isn't. Young players coming through are adjusted to pace of English football, they already feel comfortable at the club, when they play there is less expectation and if you can channel that there's a good chance of a decent start for them.

Think about our young lads coming through have disappointed. Suso never did badly, Kelly won Young Player of the Year, Wisdom was solid, Flanagan superb, Sterling sensational and few games Ibe played he's looked great and Rossiter scored on debut.

Look how Balotelli struggled, how Henderson struggled at first, even playing well Suarez missed loads of chances when arriving, Allen struggled, Lovren has struggled. It's not always a matter of quality how quickly you start and how well, far from it and when you realise that truth you can see what environment you need to create to get the best out of signings and unfortunately fans have no idea how to do that.

They raise expectations and then judge too soon and throw huge amounts of pressure and criticism around and create the worst type of environment possible.
    thats prob a very good point

and yes when we see marko on the ball we hold our collective breath expectantly waiting for him to do something...that must bring its own pressure

i just hope marko is as good as you expect coach because you ve made some bold predictions about him....another player at sterlings level in our attacjk would change our whole outlook, it d add more options, create more time n space on the ball for others

i d be very much in favur of marko getting half an hour in home games like this one against hull...theres more space for him to run into at this stage

Quote Originally Posted by rayvonuk View Post
    This, What sort of an idiot writes one of his young players off after just a few games ?

Some people need to look up the word "support"
    Quote Originally Posted by SergioGeorgini View Post
    He's 20. He's played 7 games.

Give the lad a break.
    Is this the same support Carroll, Konchesky and Downing got or could we just write them off straight away? Maybe it's the same support Hodgson got or is it a case that we could tell he was useless by this amount of time into a season?

Hypocrites, no?

he might, he might experiment with the diamond and 3 5 2 with sterling and moreno as wingbacks

i m still curious to see balo up front with sturridge yet
    It's gonna be balo & sturridge with sterling behind.

Devastating!

thats high praise

i dont see it with origi yet either, but once again down to not knowing him
    Both Markovic and Origi are unpolished diamonds, but that again, Sterling was also an unpolished diamond only 12 months ago ... When you look at those 3 players and the level of their talent, you should realize that we have the most talented attacking trio in Europe under contract ...

Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtiz View Post
    It's gonna be balo & sturridge with sterling behind.

Devastating!
    It will be devastating when Balo doesn't pass to them and constantly misses chances they create for him.

Quote Originally Posted by DFK6 View Post
    Is this the same support Carroll, Konchesky and Downing got or could we just write them off straight away? Maybe it's the same support Hodgson got or is it a case that we could tell he was useless by this amount of time into a season?

Hypocrites, no?
    Look, we already know that you rate Hodgson over Rodgers ... You don't have to remind us that often ...

Quote Originally Posted by DFK6 View Post
    Is this the same support Carroll, Konchesky and Downing got or could we just write them off straight away? Maybe it's the same support Hodgsin got or is it a case that we could tell he was useless by this amount if time into a season?

Hypocrites, no?
    Jesus, you're some bore. Whataboutery to the last.

Maybe you should put together a little fan charter or something.

Both Markovic and Origi are unpolished diamonds, but that again, Sterling was also an unpolished diamond only 12 months ago ... When you look at those 3 players and the level of their talent, you should realize that we have the most talented attacking trio in Europe under contract ...
    but i dont know origi or marko enough to know tht they are anywhere near sterlings level

when i have watched origi he has seemed very one dimensional to me, admittedly just 2 games in summer

Quote Originally Posted by rayvonuk View Post
    This, What sort of an idiot writes one of his young players off after just a few games ?

Some people need to look up the word "support"
    Quote Originally Posted by SergioGeorgini View Post
    Jesus, you're some bore. Whataboutery to the last.

Maybe you should put together a little fan charter or something.
    I'm a bore because I easily pick holes in the nonsense you post? Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by #20Lallana View Post
    It will be devastating when Balo doesn't pass to them and constantly misses chances they create for him.
    Oh you mean like the spurs game.

Cheers for your insight, I would block you if I could.

Probably never kicked a ball in your life.

next to useless

may as well have got dyer for 20m

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    I know it's very early days but I've a bad feeling about Markovic. Usually you see something in a player that you can cling onto, but I've seen absolutely nothing in him. He hasn't beat a man yet, I haven't seen this 'pace' he supposedly has, he hasn't even looked like scoring yet, he hasn't found a threatening pass, he doesn't seem to have any game intelligence. I had the same issue with Borini in his first season and he has never turned it around, I just hope Markovic does.

He is a 20-year-old player at a new club, in a new league ... It will take some time before he adapts to the club and the league, but it will happen ...
    Yeah, I reckon.

Sometimes, even very early on, you can just tell a player simply doesn't have that certain something that will make him special one day ... getting that vibe with Markovic all over ...

He's really good on FIFA 15.

That's all I need to know

He is a 20-year-old player at a new club, in a new league ... It will take some time before he adapts to the club and the league, but it will happen ...
    He's not going to adapt sitting on the bench every week is he.

You can't keep telling the fans to be patient because Rodgers isn't even picking him either.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    I know it's very early days but I've a bad feeling about Markovic. Usually you see something in a player that you can cling onto, but I've seen absolutely nothing in him. He hasn't beat a man yet, I haven't seen this 'pace' he supposedly has, he hasn't even looked like scoring yet, he hasn't found a threatening pass, he doesn't seem to have any game intelligence. I had the same issue with Borini in his first season and he has never turned it around, I just hope Markovic does.
    There seems to be no glimpses whatsoever of his quality.

some people's expectations are higher than the heavens...

Quote Originally Posted by shah666 View Post
    some people's expectations are higher than the heavens...
    You'd be right if he was about 8 million.

Markovic cost 20 million, is it too much to ask for him to show some signs at this stage?

Not many on here were expecting an instant world class player but rather hints of quality.

We've got an absolute steal signing him for 19.8 million, but we were lucky that this was his release clause ... In 3-4 years we will have serious problems to keep him, when Real Madrid and Barcelona come in for him ...
    Chelsea had an option to buy him for 12m. Which they declined to take up.

[QUOTE=thespeedoghost;10567718]Chelsea had an option to buy him for 12m. Which they declined to take up.[/QUOT
    and chelsea were right not to buy markovic had all the right vibes when we bought him but now we got him you can clearly see that we have been had over with him 20 million we will be lucky to get a third of that if we sold him nah rodgers big mistake this 1