Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1437

Thread: Lallana

  1. #61  
    davevietnam is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,970
    I always thought a strange buy when we got him and I think he was bought because of Coutinhioís inconsistency, I think most will agree that Coutinhio is the better player when he plays well but sadly thatís not always the case, although he does seem to be getting better lately [as in a bit more consistent], saying that Brendan still does not trust him to play a full game.

    Maybe the buying of Lallana is whatís helping Coutinhio to become more consistent in his play which can only be a good thing, not really sure there is a need or room for them both playing at the same time but a club of our stature certainly should be able to afford having one of them sat on the bench.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #62  
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by H.E Pennypacker View Post
    Has more league goals this season than Ballotelli.

    You mad?
    Not mad at all H.E FudgePacker

    Lallana cost 25 million, Balotelli will come good at 16 million.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #63  
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesku225 View Post
    I wouldnt expect him to be great when the whole team struggles to figure out how to play well together including manager big time. However he has been injured, runs a lot both ways, defends can play in tight spaces, different positions, attack.Yes, we could argue about the price but we have been spending odd 6-7 mill here and there.. let the guy figure out with rest of the team how they should be playing and let him have a few games with team mates. I believe he will come good.. I'm still happy getting him.

    Also would like to see stats how often he and other players loses posession on opposition half.

    Sigurdson 7m > Lallana 25m

    That's how you buy a squad player.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #64  
    MacedonianRed is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtiz View Post
    Sigurdson 7m > Lallana 25m

    That's how you buy a squad player.
    Is this the same Sigurdsson who has flopped terribly at Tottenham?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #65  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    25,174
    Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    I always thought a strange buy when we got him and I think he was bought because of Coutinhio’s inconsistency, I think most will agree that Coutinhio is the better player when he plays well but sadly that’s not always the case, although he does seem to be getting better lately [as in a bit more consistent], saying that Brendan still does not trust him to play a full game.

    Maybe the buying of Lallana is what’s helping Coutinhio to become more consistent in his play which can only be a good thing, not really sure there is a need or room for them both playing at the same time but a club of our stature certainly should be able to afford having one of them sat on the bench.
    They can play together a long with sterling in a 4231, but the two behind them would have to have strength, pace, intelligence and good defensive qualities.
    Last edited by grudge; 16-11-14 at 14:14.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #66  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,621
    I'd like to see Lallana play more centrally whether it be in central midfield or at the top of the diamond.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #67  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtiz View Post
    Sigurdson 7m > Lallana 25m

    That's how you buy a squad player.
    Lallana is a far superior player and shouldn't be a squad player. Brendan's stupidity comes in many forms this season, constantly playing Balo up top alone and not playing Lallana every single game are some of them. Roy *********** Hodgson knows how to set up a team better, it's embarrassing.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #68  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtiz View Post
    Shocking how this lad escapes criticism.

    Not LFC standard.

    £25 million must be having a laugh

    Seen faster snails.
    I think you've just described Balo there. Lallana is always involved, takes people on, does things in the box, brilliant ball control, 2 footed, creates and scores, works hard. Closest player to Suarez we currently have, Balo is furthest from Suarez and it's disgusting that he's here.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #69  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15,828
    Quote Originally Posted by agger doo doo doo View Post
    Lallana all huff and puff I'm afraid we paid £13 million too much. He tries but his end product is nonexistent And constantly gives away silly fouls in attack and defence. Not good enough I'm afraid should of gone for konoplyanka or shaqiri a lot better players.
    You don't make it to team of the season by being huff and puff. You just described ozil there and to an extent Oscar and Coutinho. Lallana is consistent and did better than all 3. Konoplyanka should have been signed instead of the useless Markovic. Shaqiri is not better than Lallana, I have learned that over the last year now.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #70  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by #20Lallana View Post
    I think you've just described Balo there. Lallana is always involved, takes people on, does things in the box, brilliant ball control, 2 footed, creates and scores, works hard. Closest player to Suarez we currently have, Balo is furthest from Suarez and it's disgusting that he's here.
    Lallana is nowhere near suarez. Ridiculous comparison.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #71  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15,828
    Quote Originally Posted by agger doo doo doo View Post
    Lallana is nowhere near suarez. Ridiculous comparison.
    Not in the level but the way he plays and tries to make things happen.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #72  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by #20Lallana View Post
    You don't make it to team of the season by being huff and puff. You just described ozil there and to an extent Oscar and Coutinho. Lallana is consistent and did better than all 3. Konoplyanka should have been signed instead of the useless Markovic. Shaqiri is not better than Lallana, I have learned that over the last year now.
    Who cares if he was in the team of the season last year, he was a stand out player in an average team. He holds the ball too long when a pass is on, never wears the correct boots to stay on his feet, constantly gives away free kicks when we are on the offensive because he plays the man and not the ball. He reminds me of the kid at school who wants to do everything and doesn't play my in other team members. You can't compare him to Ozil or couthino these players are way ahead in how to play a game.He needs to realise you don't have to run with the ball 25 yards and get to your team mate when you can pass it that 25yds instead. Like I said not up to CL and Title contending standard.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #73  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15,828
    Quote Originally Posted by agger doo doo doo View Post
    Who cares if he was in the team of the season last year, he was a stand out player in an average team. He holds the ball too long when a pass is on, never wears the correct boots to stay on his feet, constantly gives away free kicks when we are on the offensive because he plays the man and not the ball. He reminds me of the kid at school who wants to do everything and doesn't play my in other team members. You can't compare him to Ozil or couthino these players are way ahead in how to play a game.He needs to realise you don't have to run with the ball 25 yards and get to your team mate when you can pass it that 25yds instead. Like I said not up to CL and Title contending standard.
    What is this crap? You don't make it to team of the season for being a stand out player in an average team, you make it if you are a standout player in the entire league and better than every single other player in your position which he was. He is easily better than ozil in the premier league and better than Coutinho currently. What you just said describes every single attacking midfielder who had worse numbers than Lallana. Did I mention he was nominated for PFA? The award Suarez won. Also the schoolkid thing is how Suarez plays, wanting to be involved all the time is the sign of a good player.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #74  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by #20Lallana View Post
    What is this crap? You don't make it to team of the season for being a stand out player in an average team, you make it if you are a standout player in the entire league and better than every single other player in your position which he was. He is easily better than ozil in the premier league and better than Coutinho currently. What you just said describes every single attacking midfielder who had worse numbers than Lallana. Did I mention he was nominated for PFA? The award Suarez won. Also the schoolkid thing is how Suarez plays, wanting to be involved all the time is the sign of a good player.
    But he was. A good player in an average team. He is not better than any of the people you have listed These are players that play at a better leve At bigger clubs with a higher standard. Lallana does not meet that grade. I don't think you have watched many matches this season if you think lalanna has been better than couthino or contributed moRe this showss your bias to Lallana because apart from 1 goal Lallana has created zilch like I said earlier all huff and puff again relating to the school point buzzing around trying to be involved in everything and achieving nothing. This is a wast of energy and actually quite amateur when great players and productive players know how to manage a game and know when to get involved And when not to. It's covering up for the lack of productivity and End quality.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #75  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15,828
    Quote Originally Posted by agger doo doo doo View Post
    But he was. A good player in an average team. He is not better than any of the people you have listed These are players that play at a better leve At bigger clubs with a higher standard. Lallana does not meet that grade. I don't think you have watched many matches this season if you think lalanna has been better than couthino or contributed wrong. This showss your bias to Lallana because apart from 1 goal Lallana has created zilch like I said earlier all huff and puff again relating to the school point buzzing around trying to be involved in everything and achieving nothing. This is a wast of energy and actually quite amateur when great players and productive players know how to manage a game and know when to get involved And when not to. It's covering up for the lack of productivity and End quality.
    He's done as much as Coutinho has this season in less games. Last season he did twice as well as Coutinho, more consistent player. If Lallana has a lack of end productivity and is huff and puff I'd like to know what you call Coutinho and every other attacking midfielder in this league.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #76  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by #20Lallana View Post
    He's done as much as Coutinho has this season in less games. Last season he did twice as well as Coutinho, more consistent player. If Lallana has a lack of end productivity and is huff and puff I'd like to know what you call Coutinho and every other attacking midfielder in this league.
    You must be a southampton fan because you obviously didn't watch couthino who was sublime for us last season and created some great goals and helped his team achieve 2nd in the premier league and qualify in the CL that was part of what couthinos efforts achieved, don't think lalannas done that??
    A lot of other attacking by midfielders will do less work than lalann and achieve more, the same as Oscar, couthino, hazard, di maria, silva. Mata. The list goes on all will produce more than Lallana on half the amount of work.It's called being a good player. Lallana doesn't meet it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #77  
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtiz View Post
    Not mad at all H.E FudgePacker

    Lallana cost 25 million, Balotelli will come good at 16 million.
    The first time Ballotelli tried England and failed to become a starter, he cost City some £23m.

    He only cost us a reduced £16m because he never 'come good'.

    You mad?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #78  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15,828
    Quote Originally Posted by agger doo doo doo View Post
    You must be a southampton fan because you obviously didn't watch couthino who was sublime for us last season and created some great goals and helped his team achieve 2nd in the premier league and qualify in the CL that was part of what couthinos efforts achieved, don't think lalannas done that??
    A lot of other attacking by midfielders will do less work than lalann and achieve more, the same as Oscar, couthino, hazard, di maria, silva. Mata. The list goes on all will produce more than Lallana on half the amount of work.It's called being a good player. Lallana doesn't meet it.
    Lolwut. I watched every single game last season, Coutinho was good but you clearly didn't watch much of Lallana, he was easily better. Coutinho was good but 50% of us getting 2nd last season was ALL down to Suarez as it has now been proved, Coutinho was only a small cog in that, Sterling was a slightly bigger cog as was Sturridge too. That's where you're wrong though because no attacking midfielder did more than Lallana last season which is why he was in team of the year and nominated for PFA. Who would I rather have?

    Oscar or Lallana = Lallana
    Coutinho or Lallana = right now Lallana
    Hazard isn't an attacking midfielder but he wins this because he's beast.
    Di Maria isn't an attacking midfielder either but he wins this.
    Silva or Lallana = Silva
    Mata or Lallana = Lallana

    All in all, he is easily in that category and you put in 2 players in there that are wingers for no reason. Lallana isn't a good player no, he's a very very good player.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #79  
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,634
    Lallana is good player, and should be playing more. Why Rodgers has not used him more (besides when he was injured obviously) goes beyond me. Sticking with the same ole players has done this team no good.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #80  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by #20Lallana View Post
    Lolwut. I watched every single game last season, Coutinho was good but you clearly didn't watch much of Lallana, he was easily better. Coutinho was good but 50% of us getting 2nd last season was ALL down to Suarez as it has now been proved, Coutinho was only a small cog in that, Sterling was a slightly bigger cog as was Sturridge too. That's where you're wrong though because no attacking midfielder did more than Lallana last season which is why he was in team of the year and nominated for PFA. Who would I rather have?

    Oscar or Lallana = Lallana
    Coutinho or Lallana = right now Lallana
    Hazard isn't an attacking midfielder but he wins this because he's beast.
    Di Maria isn't an attacking midfielder either but he wins this.
    Silva or Lallana = Silva
    Mata or Lallana = Lallana

    All in all, he is easily in that category and you put in 2 players in there that are wingers for no reason. Lallana isn't a good player no, he's a very very good player.
    All the players listed are not pigeon holed as wingers they play across the line the same as the likes of lalana, so open your eyes a bit.

    Our season was not down to suarez on his own we put out a team of 11 who all contribute suarez didn't do it himself he can actually Shake couthinos hand for creating so many chances for him.
    Like I said at the start lalanna played in an average team and being a good player in an average e team he will stand out. You then put him in a good team and he is average at best. Couthino I and the rest listed can all play at the higher level and have better game management and are all more productive.
    You can tell lalanna is somewhat related to you as your views are not objective or realistic about what is actually happening and what you actually think you are seeing.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #81  
    +Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,826
    Is it just me or does Lallana remind you of Benayoun? the way they play is very similar.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #82  
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,732
    Quote Originally Posted by *Shriekback* View Post
    Is it just me or does Lallana remind you of Benayoun? the way they play is very similar.
    Good comparison that one.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #83  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15,828
    Quote Originally Posted by agger doo doo doo View Post
    All the players listed are not pigeon holed as wingers they play across the line the same as the likes of lalana, so open your eyes a bit.

    Our season was not down to suarez on his own we put out a team of 11 who all contribute suarez didn't do it himself he can actually Shake couthinos hand for creating so many chances for him.
    Like I said at the start lalanna played in an average team and being a good player in an average e team he will stand out. You then put him in a good team and he is average at best. Couthino I and the rest listed can all play at the higher level and have better game management and are all more productive.
    You can tell lalanna is somewhat related to you as your views are not objective or realistic about what is actually happening and what you actually think you are seeing.
    More crap from you because you fail to see that Lallana is a highly rated player, you seem to have something against him. What's funny is, Coutinho has had far more bad games than Lallana this season but you fail to mention that. Lallana has come into the team and performed well, slotted right in and clueless Rodgers drops him every time not allowing him to gain some momentum. Last season was predominantly down to Suarez, why haven't Coutinho and co stepped up this season to prove otherwise? Sterling was good at the start of the season but other than that?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #84  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by StudgerToTheRescue View Post
    More crap from you because you fail to see that Lallana is a highly rated player, you seem to have something against him. What's funny is, Coutinho has had far more bad games than Lallana this season but you fail to mention that. Lallana has come into the team and performed well, slotted right in and clueless Rodgers drops him every time not allowing him to gain some momentum. Last season was predominantly down to Suarez, why haven't Coutinho and co stepped up this season to prove otherwise? Sterling was good at the start of the season but other than that?

    It's not crap. If you have the decency to look at my previous posts most of your points are already answered by myself so you are going over old ground. The reason people haven't risen up to what they did last year is because of BRs tactics and his stubbornness to persist with 1 up front this is no good for couthino or sterling with the way they play. 2 up top gets the best out of them so blame Br not the players.
    You also seem to be deceived by the huff and puff of Lallana with no end product, start watching the game from a football perspective instead of who runs the most and is everywhere but produces nothing. I like lalanna but he is an average player and this stage is too big for him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #85  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by *Shriekback* View Post
    Is it just me or does Lallana remind you of Benayoun? the way they play is very similar.
    Agreed.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #86  
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,072
    Quote Originally Posted by *Shriekback* View Post
    Is it just me or does Lallana remind you of Benayoun? the way they play is very similar.
    Pretty good comparison.

    Hopefully if this squad player status continues he can still be as productive for us as Benayoun was.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #87  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15,828
    Quote Originally Posted by agger doo doo doo View Post
    It's not crap. If you have the decency to look at my previous posts most of your points are already answered by myself so you are going over old ground. The reason people haven't risen up to what they did last year is because of BRs tactics and his stubbornness to persist with 1 up front this is no good for couthino or sterling with the way they play. 2 up top gets the best out of them so blame Br not the players.
    You also seem to be deceived by the huff and puff of Lallana with no end product, start watching the game from a football perspective instead of who runs the most and is everywhere but produces nothing. I like lalanna but he is an average player and this stage is too big for him.
    Lallana has brilliant confidence and skill and if he is huff and puff Coutinho has been blown away by now. Lallana has yet to have a run in the side because of BR's stupidity this season and when he does play him he plays him out wide, even still he won us 3 points this season on his own. Lallana is a brilliant player and is at the right stage, once BR gets rid of Balo and plays Lallana behind Sturridge you will see that.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6fYI5tbGW0
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #88  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    25,174
    Quote Originally Posted by H.E Pennypacker View Post
    Pretty good comparison.

    Hopefully if this squad player status continues he can still be as productive for us as Benayoun was.
    I hope not because he is a very good player, the likes of Henderson should be on the bench, but he's needed as a crutch for a certain player.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #89  
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,072
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    I hope not because he is a very good player, the likes of Henderson should be on the bench, but he's needed as a crutch for a certain player.
    At the VERY least we should expect a £25m player to be productive from the bench when given opportunities. Why he's there in the first place is an entirely different conversation.

    Hopefully that will happen for him. We need it to.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #90  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    25,174
    Quote Originally Posted by H.E Pennypacker View Post
    At the VERY least we should expect a £25m player to be productive from the bench when given opportunities. Why he's there in the first place is an entirely different conversation.

    Hopefully that will happen for him. We need it to.
    That's the problem though, he's been on the bench for the last two games and not been used, if I'm not mistaken.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •