Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1442

Thread: Lallana

SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    All of those managers deserved the boot - so the media are doing a good job in my view
    That's just an opinion though; just as it's the media's opinion

In principle, who do you think should ultimately decide who should be the England National manager:

A) The FA, who [should] have the sole agenda of doing what is best for the National team
    B) The Media with their various different political/sales/self promoting agendas
    C) Random fans such as yourself who might or might not know what they're talking about
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    All of those managers deserved the boot - so the media are doing a good job in my view
    Mate, I love me a bit of non conformity, but as a general statement, **** me that's out there. 8O

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    That's just an opinion though; just as it's the media's opinion

In principle, who do you think should ultimately decide who should be the England National manager:

A) The FA, who [should] have the sole agenda of doing what is best for the National team
    B) The Media with their various different political/sales/self promoting agendas
    C) Random fans such as yourself who might or might not know what they're talking about
    You're being na´ve. The media didn't hire & fire England Managers. The FA did.
    And all the managers were fired for legitimate reasons

Klopp and Southgate touch base over Lallana and his injury

he'll need to get back to fitness when he comes back ?

I understand he wasn't expected to come in, just unsure why he didn't put firmino in

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    I understand he wasn't expected to come in, just unsure why he didn't put firmino in
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Huh?
    lallana picked the ball up over halfway and had a chance to play a throughball for firmino, irrelevant now just pointing it out

It's crazy how he can put in a performance as good as he did without any need to get into "game rythm". He will score against Southampton on the weekend, I can feel it.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Warten Auf 19 View Post
    It's crazy how he can put in a performance as good as he did without any need to get into "game rythm". He will score against Southampton on the weekend, I can feel it.
    nah its lovrens hour to shine v southampton

Lallana deserves player of the season imo, I'm be fine if Mane wins it though. his last big game for us was against vs city. pace can't be underestimated it's very important, especially for a midfielder or striker, but it only takes you so far though.

when lallana gets in the zone it's like he's flying round the pitch on ice skates. no off button

when lallana gets in the zone it's like he's flying round the pitch on ice skates. no off button
    His work rate is quite remarkable. His relentless pressing is just suffocating. We really struggled we he went down.

he's been one of our best players without a doubt. just a pity he missed that late sitter away at city....we'd have been third!

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    he's been one of our best players without a doubt. just a pity he missed that late sitter away at city....we'd have been third!
    Couldn't believe me eyes

TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    It's not that simple. We can't assume everything after would have remained the same (for us or Citeh).

showing as much flair as ever

poorer second half, england were relying on set pieces more in the second half. had a good chance to make it 2-0, at the sunnier end didn't get any poise on the header

MishMasch is offline First team regular
    poorer second half, england were relying on set pieces more in the second half. had a good chance to make it 2-0, at the sunnier end didn't get any poise on the header
    Being a game changer it's what's lacking with Lallana - neat, very technical, good player to have but he's not at that true high level

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    Being a game changer it's what's lacking with Lallana - neat, very technical, good player to have but he's not at that true high level
    Agree, mentioned yesterday in the Scotland thread he has it all really but just lacks that cutting final edge, its like 90% of his game is as good as Coutinhio's but that final 10% is lacking, saying that that final 10% what Couts has is probably worth 30m quid.

Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    well I agree, however he was a part game changer against slovenia last year for england coming on as a substitute

MishMasch is offline First team regular
    well I agree, however he was a part game changer against slovenia last year for england coming on as a substitute
    I'm not suggesting he never has an effect

It's a WCQ game... everyone's on holiday.
    His performance was what I expected given the circumstances, Rashford too was on holiday

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IFC View Post
    It's a WCQ game... everyone's on holiday.
    His performance was what I expected given the circumstances, Rashford too was on holiday
    So infront of the camera. Lallana, was all yeah, Marines trip, yeah prepared, good team unit, up for it.....

Come match time, on holiday mode....Do these players really deserve their caps?
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    So infront of the camera. Lallana, was all yeah, Marines trip, yeah prepared, good team unit, up for it.....

Come match time, on holiday mode....Do these players really deserve their caps?
    I thought he was England's best player, as usual. We'll qualify and do rubbish, as usual. No biggy these days. Hell, if we sign another Brazilian international I'll likely have more invested in them than I do England, such is the extent of mine and my English people's indifference towards their national team.

Bit of a nothing post here: doesn't it make you feel warm in the belly to see english players doing well for our club (nothing against our other amazing players from abroad), and a sense of pride. Ten years or 20 years from now will we be looking back on the side that had players like clyne, lallana?

Bit of a nothing post here: doesn't it make you feel warm in the belly to see english players doing well for our club (nothing against our other amazing players from abroad), and a sense of pride. Ten years or 20 years from now will we be looking back on the side that had players like clyne, lallana?
    I'm confident that in 20 years we'll still have English players. One interesting thing about Lallana is that no one seems to have him in their starting lineup for next season, especially if we bring in another midfielder. Personally I think he's one of the first names on the team sheet.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by geo1122 View Post
    I'm confident that in 20 years we'll still have English players. One interesting thing about Lallana is that no one seems to have him in their starting lineup for next season, especially if we bring in another midfielder. Personally I think he's one of the first names on the team sheet.
    Who would you leave out? Firmino up front, Salah and Mane for the wings, Coutinho in the AM spot, that leaves basically one midfield spot he could possible be considered first choice for, which Wij and Can are already competing for. And I think he's too attack minded to play there tbh. I see him as backup for Phil and maybe backup for one of the wide spots.

SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Yeah he does seem to be the forgotten man; there were times last season when he was the best player in the Premiership, way too early to be writing him off

Forget your best XI, I think Salah, Mane, Firmino, Lallana, Wijnaldum will all start a similar amount of Prem games next season - injuries notwithstanding

Nobody knows how many Henderson/Can/Keita will play for us of course!

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    I think its a bit like Can, I mean I dont have him in my starting line up but I expect he will play 30 to 40 games, Lalana will be the same he will start plenty.

Little sum for interest, you have 6 front spots, times that by 60 games gives you 360 positions to fill, divide that by 9 players gives you 40 starts for 9 players. Ok some will play 45 games but even those on the outer fringe could play 35 games, Lalana will start plenty.