Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
Results 1,321 to 1,345 of 1345

Thread: Lallana

  1. #1321  
    SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,013
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    All of those managers deserved the boot - so the media are doing a good job in my view
    That's just an opinion though; just as it's the media's opinion

    In principle, who do you think should ultimately decide who should be the England National manager:

    A) The FA, who [should] have the sole agenda of doing what is best for the National team
    B) The Media with their various different political/sales/self promoting agendas
    C) Random fans such as yourself who might or might not know what they're talking about
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #1322  
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    3,529
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    All of those managers deserved the boot - so the media are doing a good job in my view
    Mate, I love me a bit of non conformity, but as a general statement, **** me that's out there. 8O
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #1323  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,114
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    That's just an opinion though; just as it's the media's opinion

    In principle, who do you think should ultimately decide who should be the England National manager:

    A) The FA, who [should] have the sole agenda of doing what is best for the National team
    B) The Media with their various different political/sales/self promoting agendas
    C) Random fans such as yourself who might or might not know what they're talking about
    You're being na´ve. The media didn't hire & fire England Managers. The FA did.
    And all the managers were fired for legitimate reasons
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #1324  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    25,767
    Klopp and Southgate touch base over Lallana and his injury
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #1325  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,075
    he'll need to get back to fitness when he comes back ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #1326  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,075
    I understand he wasn't expected to come in, just unsure why he didn't put firmino in
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #1327  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    31,467
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    I understand he wasn't expected to come in, just unsure why he didn't put firmino in
    Huh?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #1328  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Huh?
    lallana picked the ball up over halfway and had a chance to play a throughball for firmino, irrelevant now just pointing it out
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #1329  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15,243
    It's crazy how he can put in a performance as good as he did without any need to get into "game rythm". He will score against Southampton on the weekend, I can feel it.
    "Nobody can beat us!" - Jurgen Klopp. 31/01/2017.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #1330  
    fredthecamel is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Warten Auf 19 View Post
    It's crazy how he can put in a performance as good as he did without any need to get into "game rythm". He will score against Southampton on the weekend, I can feel it.
    nah its lovrens hour to shine v southampton
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #1331  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,075
    Lallana deserves player of the season imo, I'm be fine if Mane wins it though. his last big game for us was against vs city. pace can't be underestimated it's very important, especially for a midfielder or striker, but it only takes you so far though.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #1332  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,075
    when lallana gets in the zone it's like he's flying round the pitch on ice skates. no off button
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #1333  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    when lallana gets in the zone it's like he's flying round the pitch on ice skates. no off button
    His work rate is quite remarkable. His relentless pressing is just suffocating. We really struggled we he went down.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #1334  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,460
    he's been one of our best players without a doubt. just a pity he missed that late sitter away at city....we'd have been third!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #1335  
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    he's been one of our best players without a doubt. just a pity he missed that late sitter away at city....we'd have been third!
    Couldn't believe me eyes
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #1336  
    TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,086
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    he's been one of our best players without a doubt. just a pity he missed that late sitter away at city....we'd have been third!
    It's not that simple. We can't assume everything after would have remained the same (for us or Citeh).
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #1337  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,075
    showing as much flair as ever
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #1338  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,075
    poorer second half, england were relying on set pieces more in the second half. had a good chance to make it 2-0, at the sunnier end didn't get any poise on the header
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #1339  
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    29,625
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    poorer second half, england were relying on set pieces more in the second half. had a good chance to make it 2-0, at the sunnier end didn't get any poise on the header
    Being a game changer it's what's lacking with Lallana - neat, very technical, good player to have but he's not at that true high level
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #1340  
    davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,101
    Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    Being a game changer it's what's lacking with Lallana - neat, very technical, good player to have but he's not at that true high level
    Agree, mentioned yesterday in the Scotland thread he has it all really but just lacks that cutting final edge, its like 90% of his game is as good as Coutinhio's but that final 10% is lacking, saying that that final 10% what Couts has is probably worth 30m quid.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #1341  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    Being a game changer it's what's lacking with Lallana - neat, very technical, good player to have but he's not at that true high level
    well I agree, however he was a part game changer against slovenia last year for england coming on as a substitute
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #1342  
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    29,625
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    well I agree, however he was a part game changer against slovenia last year for england coming on as a substitute
    I'm not suggesting he never has an effect
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #1343  
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,678
    It's a WCQ game... everyone's on holiday.
    His performance was what I expected given the circumstances, Rashford too was on holiday
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #1344  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    36,044
    Quote Originally Posted by IFC View Post
    It's a WCQ game... everyone's on holiday.
    His performance was what I expected given the circumstances, Rashford too was on holiday
    So infront of the camera. Lallana, was all yeah, Marines trip, yeah prepared, good team unit, up for it.....

    Come match time, on holiday mode....Do these players really deserve their caps?
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #1345  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,889
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    So infront of the camera. Lallana, was all yeah, Marines trip, yeah prepared, good team unit, up for it.....

    Come match time, on holiday mode....Do these players really deserve their caps?
    I thought he was England's best player, as usual. We'll qualify and do rubbish, as usual. No biggy these days. Hell, if we sign another Brazilian international I'll likely have more invested in them than I do England, such is the extent of mine and my English people's indifference towards their national team.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •