Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Favourite computer game..

Quote Originally Posted by ever-red-e View Post
    I think you're spot-on Eloader, it is very difficult to live up to the past, like you I'm just hoping they get somewhere close.

Anyway - I just couldn't wait - so I've now ordered my copy of 'Elite Dangerous' on PS4. Here's to us dreaming...
    Don't forget to come back and report!
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Don't forget to come back and report!
    I'm effectively getting it for Christmas, so I'll let you know sometime after that, I promise Eloader.

Has anybody here played 'Elite Dangerous' yet? If so, what's it like compared to the sublime original? Can it be played completely offline or is it online only?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Started a couple days ago - on training missions still! I play infrequently, but i'm gonna stick with it (even if slowly). Will report back but you might get there before me - took me a while just to learn to dock! reminds me a bit of freelancer

The reviews for it are glowing but i think esp for those who play online and run into other strangers while cursing about the galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Started a couple days ago - on training missions still! I play infrequently, but i'm gonna stick with it (even if slowly). Will report back but you might get there before me - took me a while just to learn to dock! reminds me a bit of freelancer

The reviews for it are glowing but i think esp for those who play online and run into other strangers while cursing about the galaxy.
    Thanks for the update DantesShadow, I hope you enjoy the game as much as I'm hoping to.

We'll see which of us makes significant progress first, but either way I'll happily report on my experiences when I get underway properly.

P.S. What system are you playing on, is it PS4 like me?

Oooo, I liked freelancer back in the day, played it to death. I remember on a co-op play through I got a bug which put loads of money in my account and turned me into a pirate, that was quite an interesting peak behind the curtain but meant I could jump to the hardest system and buy the best ship and equipment straight away without being attacked.

I just remembered a few PS1/PS2 (I cant recall which but probably PS2) games which we played to death.

The first, Crash mode in Burnout 3, I lost count of the amount of time we've sunk into that with a few bevvies on hand, loved the levels where you use a bus to cause as much devastation as possible.

The other I cant remember but if anyone remembers the title get back to me and I'll buy it again. The premise was that you basically played blackjack or poker by running your car down the runway and crashing into a barrier where your guy would rag doll out of the car and you would have limited scope to control his "flight" to hit the card you wanted. Again, lots of time burnt on that. I think there were other modes and games you could play with a similar principal.

I think there is a link here somewhere

Thanks for the update DantesShadow, I hope you enjoy the game as much as I'm hoping to.

We'll see which of us makes significant progress first, but either way I'll happily report on my experiences when I get underway properly.

P.S. What system are you playing on, is it PS4 like me?

I am on and xbox but sometimes wish i went for a PS! I hate console 'exclusive' games.

PS - I don't pay any monthly 'gold' subscriptions so cannot play online with randoms, which is fine by me as I imagine there will be dudes and dudettes there with super powered ships just waiting to blow me away!

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Oooo, I liked freelancer back in the day, played it to death. I remember on a co-op play through I got a bug which put loads of money in my account and turned me into a pirate, that was quite an interesting peak behind the curtain but meant I could jump to the hardest system and buy the best ship and equipment straight away without being attacked.
    Freelancer was a right time killer. I thought i was good and had a badass ship until i went to some pirate sector and got a whipping!

Freelancer was a right time killer. I thought i was good and had a badass ship until i went to some pirate sector and got a whipping!
    Yeah, It really forced you to slow your pace.

I am on and xbox but sometimes wish i went for a PS! I hate console 'exclusive' games.

PS - I don't pay any monthly 'gold' subscriptions so cannot play online with randoms, which is fine by me as I imagine there will be dudes and dudettes there with super powered ships just waiting to blow me away!
    Console exclusivity can be an expensive problem can't it DantesShadow.

As for 'PS Plus', I don't pay for that either at the moment so will be limited to computer ships blowing me away at least initially.

Anyway, let me know how you get on with it over the next few weeks please DS.