Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 482

Thread: The importance of Lucas.

  1. #61  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    14,470
    Quote Originally Posted by JAL 58 View Post
    Fancy meeting for a coffee & a chat ?
    J'Adore Lucas 58.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #62  
    SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,239
    Quote Originally Posted by JAL 58 View Post
    Welcome to the real world ....we have been an average PL side for oh yes 8 years in that time Lucas has won nothing .

    Your right last season when we finished 2nd... He wasnt involved for most of it .

    But hey twitter , Instagram are good ways at pulling at daft LFC supporters heart strings
    You made that up though

    He played 27 of the 38 Premi games - isn't that 'most'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #63  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    14,470
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    You made that up though

    He played 27 of the 38 Premi games - isn't that 'most'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #64  
    TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,487
    Quote Originally Posted by JAL 58 View Post
    That is a well written & well explained statement ...no doubt many will try to rip it to bits , but you are so right the system changed not Lucas's form .
    You do realize he also gave Lucas credit stating "his performances have been very good" and "However in this system he's done really well"? Are you actually admitting to agreeing with either? (I'm guessing no.)
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #65  
    TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,487
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    You made that up though

    He played 27 of the 38 Premi games - isn't that 'most'
    Quit letting facts get in the way of his agenda...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #66  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    14,470
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post
    You do realize he also gave Lucas credit stating "his performances have been very good" and "However in this system he's done really well"? Are you actually admitting to agreeing with either? (I'm guessing no.)
    I'm guessing he'll latch onto coach's embarrassing conclusion that his form hasn't improved, we're just playing to his strengths.

    As if every good team ever didn't play to utilise the strengths of their players.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #67  
    Coach791 is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,741
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    I'm guessing he'll latch onto coach's embarrassing conclusion that his form hasn't improved, we're just playing to his strengths.

    As if every good team ever didn't play to utilise the strengths of their players.
    You won't find many teams who play a way that suits every player in their teams strengths. I said even when I was critical of Lucas the way to get the best out of him was play with another holding player and allow him to give it simple.

    having Coutinho/Gerrard/Lallana/Sterling available ahead is ideal for him because he's decent giving a simple pass. Henderson, like Spearing, like Mascherano before him are all able to cover ground and press and Lucas is very smart at knowing when to step in and snap into a tackle or where to cover.

    It's even helped having two advanced centre backs taking the first transition off him and taking more responsibility on the ball. It's all helped Lucas be able to show his qualities. That doesm't detract from the fact he's played very well and much similar to how he was playing under Kenny and Hodgson.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #68  
    TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,487
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    I'm guessing he'll latch onto coach's embarrassing conclusion that his form hasn't improved, we're just playing to his strengths.

    As if every good team ever didn't play to utilise the strengths of their players.
    While I disagree with Coach on this as I do feel it's clear that the improvement in Lucas's form is not solely due to the system (not denying its role, of course), at least he can admit that Lucas has been performing well.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #69  
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    9,018
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    This made me chuckle.
    I go down local suicide haunt when I have a spare hour to show them Suso and Jal58 post, to show them that no matter how much they think their head is ********** up there's always somebody worse off...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #70  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    14,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    You won't find many teams who play a way that suits every player in their teams strengths. I said even when I was critical of Lucas the way to get the best out of him was play with another holding player and allow him to give it simple.

    having Coutinho/Gerrard/Lallana/Sterling available ahead is ideal for him because he's decent giving a simple pass. Henderson, like Spearing, like Mascherano before him are all able to cover ground and press and Lucas is very smart at knowing when to step in and snap into a tackle or where to cover.

    It's even helped having two advanced centre backs taking the first transition off him and taking more responsibility on the ball. It's all helped Lucas be able to show his qualities. That doesm't detract from the fact he's played very well and much similar to how he was playing under Kenny and Hodgson.
    You don't find it interesting that you didn't attribute, what you perceived as his poor form, to being utilised incorrectly?

    However in this system he's done really well but it's not an upturn in form we just play a way better suited to his game now.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #71  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    14,470
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post
    While I disagree with Coach on this as I do feel it's clear that the improvement in Lucas's form is not solely due to the system (not denying its role, of course), at least he can admit that Lucas has been performing well.
    You're too generous, there's no admission, only conditional acceptance that he's been 'effective', and it's not down to him as a player. I find that reprehensible.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #72  
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    9,018
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    You're too generous, there's no admission, only conditional acceptance that he's been 'effective', and it's not down to him as a player. I find that reprehensible.
    Coach has had him gone for as long as I remember...

    Any sort of praise is like finding rocking horse ****..
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #73  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    14,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazar-Quest-For-The-Title View Post
    Coach has had him gone for as long as I remember...

    Any sort of praise is like finding rocking horse ****..
    Exactly.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #74  
    TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,487
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    You're too generous, there's no admission, only conditional acceptance that he's been 'effective', and it's not down to him as a player. I find that reprehensible.
    Baby steps. I'm an optimist.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #75  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    14,470
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post
    Baby steps. I'm an optimist.
    I'm an optimist. You're a downright dreamer
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #76  
    TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,487
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    I'm an optimist. You're a downright dreamer
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #77  
    Coach791 is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,741
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    You don't find it interesting that you didn't attribute, what you perceived as his poor form, to being utilised incorrectly?

    However in this system he's done really well but it's not an upturn in form we just play a way better suited to his game now.
    Rodgers looked like he wanted one holding. I thought he would go 4-3-3 and hence didn't feel Lucas fitted it. I was hardly going to say let's change the formation simply to play to a style Lucas can do well in.

    Rodgers has come across a formation Lucas does well in and now i'm saying he's doing well. I still think in the next 12 months we may see Emre Can do an even better job in that role but now Lucas is in a system he can shine.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #78  
    Coach791 is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    You won't find many teams who play a way that suits every player in their teams strengths. I said even when I was critical of Lucas the way to get the best out of him was play with another holding player and allow him to give it simple.

    having Coutinho/Gerrard/Lallana/Sterling available ahead is ideal for him because he's decent giving a simple pass. Henderson, like Spearing, like Mascherano before him are all able to cover ground and press and Lucas is very smart at knowing when to step in and snap into a tackle or where to cover.

    It's even helped having two advanced centre backs taking the first transition off him and taking more responsibility on the ball. It's all helped Lucas be able to show his qualities. That doesn't detract from the fact he's played very well and much similar to how he was playing under Kenny and Hodgson.
    That's reprehensible? Give over.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #79  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    14,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    Rodgers looked like he wanted one holding. I thought he would go 4-3-3 and hence didn't feel Lucas fitted it. I was hardly going to say let's change the formation simply to play to a style Lucas can do well in.

    Rodgers has come across a formation Lucas does well in and now i'm saying he's doing well. I still think in the next 12 months we may see Emre Can do an even better job in that role but now Lucas is in a system he can shine.
    You claim to be a coach, or some such, and you value managers, tactics, formations, etc., etc., yet you write off a player as rubbish, then admit to him being good because we're playing to his strengths. Which is it? Was he rubbish because BR didn't use him properly, or was he just rubbish? Who's at fault for his poor form? Who gets credit for his good form?

    Like I said, reprehensible.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #80  
    Coach791 is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,741
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    You claim to be a coach, or some such, and you value managers, tactics, formations, etc., etc., yet you write off a player as rubbish, then admit to him being good because we're playing to his strengths. Which is it? Was he rubbish because BR didn't use him properly, or was he just rubbish? Who's at fault for his poor form? Who gets credit for his good form?

    Like I said, reprehensible.
    I've been through this with several people I don't claim to be a coach, I study the game and got the nickname 'coach' from mates sick of me analysing football.

    Even when i criticised Lucas if you read back at the start of threads I would always say in the type of midfield systems with two holding and then giving it simple (usually associated with counter attacking) he can show his qualities and would be an important player.

    I also said that his lack of pace and technical limitations I didn't think would stand him in good stead under Rodgers. At the time I couldn't see us having two holding and three centre backs with wingers. I thought if we played three centre backs we'd have full backs wide like we did against Arsenal and Lucas doesn't offer enough attacking or passing wise.

    This system suits him and he's rightly getting praise from me for good performances. I don't know what your problem is but if you've got an issue reach for a tissue don't bother me with your petty swipes just because i'm giving Lucas some credit.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #81  
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    18,744
    Lucas is proving to be an important player for us this season.. I'd even say instrumental to the teams turn around in form..

    Good on him.. Hopefully he comes back fresh..
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #82  
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,880
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvonuk View Post
    I see Lucas has you pretty riled up today !!
    I don't think I have ever seen someone develop such hatred for a person they don't know never mind a footballer who plays for the club they support, its bordering on psychotic. Its funny because his hatred for him isn't directed at him... Lucas more than likely has no knowledge of Jal 58's views or existence, its us that have to put up with it!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #83  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by beardall2304 View Post
    I don't think I have ever seen someone develop such hatred for a person they don't know never mind a footballer who plays for the club they support, its bordering on psychotic. Its funny because his hatred for him isn't directed at him... Lucas more than likely has no knowledge of Jal 58's views or existence, its us that have to put up with it!
    In reply to your comments the word footballer hides a multitude of sins , also ive offered to meet him through a third party and tell it how it is ......no takers .
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #84  
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,420
    Quote Originally Posted by JAL 58 View Post
    In reply to your comments the word footballer hides a multitude of sins , also ive offered to meet him through a third party and tell it how it is ......no takers .
    Can I just clarify something:

    you have "offered" to meet Lucas through a third party to "tell it how it is"?

    Oh God. Oh dear GOD.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #85  
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,348
    Quote Originally Posted by thespeedoghost View Post
    Can I just clarify something:

    you have "offered" to meet Lucas through a third party to "tell it how it is"?

    Oh God. Oh dear GOD.
    Indeed .
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #86  
    ONDEFENCE is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    31,571
    Quote Originally Posted by JAL 58 View Post
    In reply to your comments the word footballer hides a multitude of sins , also ive offered to meet him through a third party and tell it how it is ......no takers .
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #87  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    14,470
    Quote Originally Posted by beardall2304 View Post
    I don't think I have ever seen someone develop such hatred for a person they don't know never mind a footballer who plays for the club they support, its bordering on psychotic. Its funny because his hatred for him isn't directed at him... Lucas more than likely has no knowledge of Jal 58's views or existence, its us that have to put up with it!
    Sadly for J'Adore Lucas 58, that border is a distant memory, if it's a memory at all.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #88  
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,880
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Sadly for J'Adore Lucas 58, that border is a distant memory, if it's a memory at all.
    They do say there is a fine line between love and hate...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #89  
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    18,744
    Quote Originally Posted by JAL 58 View Post
    In reply to your comments the word footballer hides a multitude of sins , also ive offered to meet him through a third party and tell it how it is ......no takers .
    Holy Moly!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #90  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Sadly for J'Adore Lucas 58, that border is a distant memory, if it's a memory at all.

    Ive told you GS come & have a coffee & chat .
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •