Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The importance of Lucas.

1. #1 Lucas The importance of Lucas. 
    Pete_lad2014 is offline Academy prospect
    Just wanted to start a thread stating how important this guy is.

For me he is vital in this team.

Not only is he awesome in terms of defensive awareness in the holding role with his positional sense his short passing game is so underrated and I can't help noticing when he's not there and Stevie is on our short passing game is knowrre near as good.

For me these I've seen us play for probably 20 years was Spurs away last year and that Midfield was Allen, Lucas and Hendo, we were awesome both in possession and without and it could have been 8-0.

Now however without him we look so prone to attacks through the middle and Gerrard as A DM is going to cost us top 4 if we persist with him. Allen would even be better than Stevie as for me I'm sad to say he's finished and if he's picked consistently by Rodgers which is my big worry we won't make top 4.

Lucas returning is vital for me and it couldn't come soon enough
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_lad2014 View Post
    Just wanted to start a thread stating how important this guy is.

For me he is vital in this team.

Not only is he awesome in terms of defensive awareness in the holding role with his positional sense his short passing game is so underrated and I can't help noticing when he's not there and Stevie is on our short passing game is knowrre near as good.

For me these I've seen us play for probably 20 years was Spurs away last year and that Midfield was Allen, Lucas and Hendo, we were awesome both in possession and without and it could have been 8-0.

Now however without him we look so prone to attacks through the middle and Gerrard as A DM is going to cost us top 4 if we persist with him. Allen would even be better than Stevie as for me I'm sad to say he's finished and if he's picked consistently by Rodgers which is my big worry we won't make top 4.

Lucas returning is vital for me and it couldn't come soon enough
    be good to have him fit but i dont believe he is as vital as you do and i have long since been a fan of his

moving can in midfield last night changed the game..thats the future, can and hendo in the middle

i do also think lucas should be kept here beyond the summer as with stevie leaving his experience will be very useful

I think last night it was clear we missed him, I thought at times the midfield was overwhelmed and we only started looking solid when Stevie went off and Emre moved in to the middle to play a more defensive role. I agree he is not the greatest midfielder the world has ever seen, but he plays a vital role and we need him. If in the summer the club bring a new DM in Lucas still has a part to play. But we know certain people's views and yes the are entitled to state there views the personal and ridiculous all the time assassination of the guy is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty road View Post
    I think last night it was clear we missed him, I thought at times the midfield was overwhelmed and we only started looking solid when Stevie went off and Emre moved in to the middle to play a more defensive role. I agree he is not the greatest midfielder the world has ever seen, but he plays a vital role and we need him. If in the summer the club bring a new DM in Lucas still has a part to play. But we know certain people's views and yes the are entitled to state there views the personal and ridiculous all the time assassination of the guy is not acceptable.
    lucas is a benefit to the squad... he s not the best ever footballer but he does a job for the team and he does a good one at that

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    be good to have him fit but i dont believe he is as vital as you do and i have long since been a fan of his

moving can in midfield last night changed the game..thats the future, can and hendo in the middle

i do also think lucas should be kept here beyond the summer as with stevie leaving his experience will be very useful
    Yeah totally agree.

If we could bring in another midfielder in similar mould to Can/Henderson, plus Lucas, possibly Allen, hopefully a further emerging Rossiter, I think our CM would be fine.

lucas is a benefit to the squad... he s not the best ever footballer but he does a job for the team and he does a good one at that
    hear hear.

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Yeah totally agree.

If we could bring in another midfielder in similar mould to Can/Henderson, plus Lucas, possibly Allen, hopefully a further emerging Rossiter, I think our CM would be fine.
    i d go with a goalscoring number 8 myself, a box to boxer with more goals in his locker....where one finds him i am not too sure

another hendo or can with a greater goal threat

hear hear.
    i ve long been a fan of lucas s

he is far more intelligent as a footballer than most credit him for..positionally he is spot on and his distribution is much better than is creditted too

Evidently missed Lucas last night.
    Don't wanna see SG playing in that position again.

We missed Lucas yesterday because we played Gerrard CM, when Lucas went off on sat he was not missed at all because Allen came on, the problem is SG, the lads have been carrying him for to long and it cannot be good for their careers long term.

i d go with a goalscoring number 8 myself, a box to boxer with more goals in his locker....where one finds him i am not too sure

another hendo or can with a greater goal threat
    Perhaps a bit more of an eye for goal would be good but it wouldn't be my first requirement.

Definitely missed him last night, we were too open in the middle of the park for my liking and Spurs exploited it to some degree.

Remember when he was crap?

Oh how times have changed.

Pete_lad2014 is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by seoj View Post
    We missed Lucas yesterday because we played Gerrard CM, when Lucas went off on sat he was not missed at all because Allen came on, the problem is SG, the lads have been carrying him for to long and it cannot be good for their careers long term.
    This all day long.

How Rodgers can't see it is beyond me. All Stevie offers now is a good set piece,he's hindering us badly

He has been great but we need to find a better Dm with legs

Quote Originally Posted by IFC View Post
    Remember when he was crap?

Oh how times have changed.
    Yes I do remember

Although Allen did a decent job protecting the back 4 on Saturday, he wasn't nearly as good as Lucas at dictating our play and our attack suffered as a result, ergo, Lucas was missed last Saturday, and even more so last night.

The way Dembele was just doing pretty much whatever he wanted in midfield shows the importance of Lucas.

Quote Originally Posted by EndOfAStorm View Post
    Although Allen did a decent job protecting the back 4 on Saturday, he wasn't nearly as good as Lucas at dictating our play and our attack suffered as a result, ergo, Lucas was missed last Saturday, and even more so last night.
    Lucas is a better player than Joe Allen in my opinion, I don't like to be too negative towards any of our players but, in Joe Allens case I'm really not a massive fan and I don't really see him as having any real value to us.

Quote Originally Posted by beardall2304 View Post
    Lucas is a better player than Joe Allen in my opinion, I don't like to be too negative towards any of our players but, in Joe Allens case I'm really not a massive fan and I don't really see him as having any real value to us.
    Joe can do a job for us in a 3 man midfield, albeit an unspectacular one.

I'm not sure he really fits in anywhere in our current system though.

Lucas-Allen, Allen-Henderson, Allen-Gerrard - none of them look quite right to me. They may get a job done but I don't ever see it dominating.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikokujin View Post
    The way Dembele was just doing pretty much whatever he wanted in midfield shows the importance of Lucas.
    Based on what I've seen Lucas and Can would make the best pairing.
    It's a shame we can't put Lucas brain in Henderson body.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    what a player that would be

Can and Henderson is the way forward next season, but there is a roll for Lucas to play.
    I would hope we keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Hahaha absolutely!

Lucas is one of our most important players. He is the player that frees up our attacking forces to do their thing. He needs to stop giving away silly free kicks in dangerous areas and picking up needless yellow cards.

Exactly people are only crying for Lucas because we have played SG in there , last season when we were tearing teams apart & Lucas wasnt involved ...the ones who are championing his cause now were saying " get rid " , too slow , etc .

This is another aspect of " only seeing what you want to see " . Allen is more mobile than Lucas ...and has a better array of passing .

Get Can & Hendo in there now ...leave them there and the name Lucas will be a distant memory .

Which reminds me " how have we managed for the 40 plus years before Lucas came here " ? oh yes thats right we had some of the best midfielders in Europe .

Quote Originally Posted by JAL 58 View Post
    Exactly people are only crying for Lucas because we have played SG in there , last season when we were tearing teams apart & Lucas wasnt involved ...the ones who are championing his cause now were saying " get rid " , too slow , etc .

This is another aspect of " only seeing what you want to see " . Allen is more mobile than Lucas ...and has a better array of passing .

Get Can & Hendo in there now ...leave them there and the name Lucas will be a distant memory .

Which reminds me " how have we managed for the 40 plus years before Lucas came here " ? oh yes thats right we had some of the best midfielders in Europe .
    J'Adore Lucas 58.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    Yes I do remember
    I know its laughable isnt it ....get yourself on social media ....state how much you love the club and " hey ho " all is forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    J'Adore Lucas 58.

You never had a happy childhood i hear .......youve certainly had a long one .

Quote Originally Posted by JAL 58 View Post
    You never had a happy childhood i hear .......youve certainly had a long one .
    J'Adore Lucas 58