Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sturridge Injured Again

aylesbyred is offline Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by OoohYouBeauty View Post
    Then my message to him would be off you ****.

If you can't be bothered to put in a shift because you got a bit of stick for being a part of the worst 45 minutes a Liverpool team have ever played against United then he's going to have a mental breakdown if he joins all the big boys supposedly after him.
    Yep , you only have to look at Gareth Bale right now, he's got fans attacking his car !
    53757 - declared
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Scramquillo View Post
    And that's eaxactly what I'd do, laughing all the way to the bank whilst finishing above Liverpool season after season.

We had ten other lads on the pitch who weren't getting any stick so think about that for a minute.
    I think everyone got stick on the day. Moreno for example is probably still unaware that Juan Mata was playing that day

Back to front, the word disgraceful would flatter every player who played that day

And that's eaxactly what I'd do, laughing all the way to the bank whilst finishing above Liverpool season after season.

We had ten other lads on the pitch who weren't getting any stick so think about that for a minute.
    Huh? Moreno got absolutely loads and Gerrard was vilified.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider

in that case i would assume you were fully supportive of lucas, downing, carrol when they were on the pitch and played poorly. mind you, don't remember you coming out in their defence either.

aylesbyred is offline Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Kal View Post
    in that case i would assume you were fully supportive of lucas, downing, carrol when they were on the pitch and played poorly. mind you, don't remember you coming out in their defence either.
    Yeah scrams come out mate lol

think with sturridge his body just damaged itself in sheer horror of having to work with the owl again.

Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Cometh the hour, cometh the Mario.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverdinner View Post
    cheers, i needed a chuckle

Its not so disastrous IMO

I think Sturridge was struggling slightly in the set up since returning, part of that rustiness of course but Sterling was producing a bit more for the team playing in there and Coutinho and Lallana were working slightly better too with Sterling.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    I would love to see him score a few in a good run of games. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    He won't even start a game in Daniels absence, you watch.

Once again the farce of a transfer window last summer has come back to bite us. What will happen this summer?

It is clear that we can not rely on Sturridge to stay fit, as such he can not be a first choice striker - if he remains at the club.

So, we need 1 top CM 2 top strikers and may have to replace one of the brightest young talents in European football. It will be interesting in the summer. I am sure that we will once again here that this will be the summer that we can judge FSG.....Ha.

In reality this summer we still need exactly what we needed last summer. Took a massive gamble and it has failed.

In the summer, I expect some young cheap potential and another massive saving in wages. Good times.

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Its not so disastrous IMO

I think Sturridge was struggling slightly in the set up since returning, part of that rustiness of course but Sterling was producing a bit more for the team playing in there and Coutinho and Lallana were working slightly better too with Sterling.
    Agree. He was finding it hard going and wasn't quite "right" ... not yet.

Well I am absolute shocked at this.

Honestly, who could possibly have foreseen that Daniel Sturridge would be injured again before the end of the season? You would need to have some sort of black magic, witch doctor powers to predict this.

If only there was some sort of chance during the season to bring in extra players to bolster the squad and provide effective back-up to weak areas in the team. I feel like this really needs to be introduced. It would be ideal in, say...I don't know, January?
    Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by reallash View Post
    Once again the farce of a transfer window last summer has come back to bite us. What will happen this summer?

It is clear that we can not rely on Sturridge to stay fit, as such he can not be a first choice striker - if he remains at the club.

So, we need 1 top CM 2 top strikers and may have to replace one of the brightest young talents in European football. It will be interesting in the summer. I am sure that we will once again here that this will be the summer that we can judge FSG.....Ha.

In reality this summer we still need exactly what we needed last summer. Took a massive gamble and it has failed.

In the summer, I expect some young cheap potential and another massive saving in wages. Good times.
    Agreed about last summer, was pretty bad and some of us saw this but others (such as Oli1989) didn't want to believe and now they just look silly.

As you say we now need the same as last summer which wasn't rectified and potentially to replace our best player AGAIN from this season. Shocking by us in reality.

Last year we had CL to offer. Not this time.

Me too. Love to see him be the hero right now.

I think he deserves a chance, based on recent cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by LFCTIDredORded View Post
    He won't even start a game in Daniels absence, you watch.
    I know.

Yep, agreed.

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Perhaps this will finally finally convince some of two things:

1. Studge is in fact injury prone. Can we at least put that one to bed?
    2. We need another quality proven striker. No offense to Danny Ings but he is not what I am talking about. No more band aids.

One more thing, not that there was any doubt about this at all, but every time something like this happens it reinforces just how poor last summer's striker business was.

Quote Originally Posted by reallash View Post

Do you do kids parties?

Dear me, player gets injured, leads to a slightly melodramatic cursing of transfer windows been and ones that have not even happened.

Dirty FSG, sorting that 20 year plus stadium issue, making the club profitable again after being debt riddled.

Grrrr, trying to do a job in a climate of financial elitism in football with an inherited mess of a club. Curse them.

I hope you kept a receipt so you can return your broken heart straight to the clubs owners.

Duuurrr, injuries, FSG, durrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by dreams-come-true View Post
    Agree. He was finding it hard going and wasn't quite "right" ... not yet.
    Yep, I think it would have clicked eventually bit wasn't quite happening as you say

Liver, I know you have a soft spot for Balo, and so do I. But he is so ill-suited to this team it's not even funny. It just ****es me off everytime I think about the TC even thinking this was a good idea on any level.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    Perhaps this will finally finally convince some of two things:

1. Studge is in fact injury prone. Can we at least put that one to bed?
    2. We need another quality proven striker. No offense to Danny Ings but he is not what I am talking about. No more band aids.

One more thing, not that there was any doubt about this at all, but every time something like this happens it reinforces just how poor last summer's striker business was.
    there's that damn sentence again. proven, and yet many names cited on here from all and sundry are still literally prospects.

Do you do kids parties?

Dear me, player gets injured, leads to a slightly melodramatic cursing of transfer windows been and ones that have not even happened.

Dirty FSG, sorting that 20 year plus stadium issue, making the club profitable again after being debt riddled.

Grrrr, trying to do a job in a climate of financial elitism in football with an inherited mess of a club. Curse them.

I hope you kept a receipt so you can return your broken heart straight to the clubs owners.

Duuurrr, injuries, FSG, durrrr.

Yep, I think it would have clicked eventually bit wasn't quite happening as you say
    He wasn't talking about the stadium or making the club profitable (though that likely has more to do with the TV deal than anything). He was talking about the transfer committee.

He wasn't talking about the stadium or making the club profitable (though that likely has more to do with the TV deal than anything). He was talking about the transfer committee.
    no, he was talking about the owners..just gives it a different slant depending on whats going on, today its because of sturridge, yesterday it was raheem maybe leaving. who knows what tomorrows will be.

he simply does not like them but keeps going round the houses with little digs here and there instead of just saying what he really thinks.

there's that damn sentence again. proven, and yet many names cited on here from all and sundry are still literally prospects.
    Okay Kal, we understand your position that we don't need a quality proven striker for this squad. You are a small minority.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    Liver, I know you have a soft spot for Balo, and so do I. But he is so ill-suited to this team it's not even funny. It just ****es me off everytime I think about the TC even thinking this was a good idea on any level.
    I don't think he is. I think he links up well with Sterling and Coutinho.

No he said 'I am sure that we will once again here that this will be the summer that we can judge FSG.....Ha.' - A sentence that barely makes sense to be fair, but then its hard to type when you have a lemon in your mouth

To judge FSG you consider everything not just transfer windows.

They've paid out, no issue there, its stupid to suggest otherwise.

The transfer committee's choices are open to question of course but his post really doesn't say that, not sure how you climbed in his head and pulled that out.

Ok,what do you want from us?You tell us we are not Man city and Chelsea,we can't pay those kinda wages for proven players and when we lower our standards you complain,what is your solution then?

No he said 'I am sure that we will once again here that this will be the summer that we can judge FSG.....Ha.' - A sentence that barely makes sense to be fair, but then its hard to type when you have a lemon in your mouth

To judge FSG you consider everything not just transfer windows.

They've paid out, no issue there, its stupid to suggest otherwise.

The transfer committee's choices are open to question of course but his post really doesn't say that, not sure how you climbed in his head and pulled that out.
    Other than a curt comment about FSG, the whole thing was pretty much about transfers and how we're not good enough at them. Grow up.

I think everyone got stick on the day. Moreno for example is probably still unaware that Juan Mata was playing that day

Back to front, the word disgraceful would flatter every player who played that day
    There's stick on Internet boards from frustrated fans and there's fans booing at the stadium and calling sterling a C word when he touches the ball. ask anybody who was in the Kop what stick sterling was getting. I didn't go but it wasn't meant to be nice.