Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Sturridge Injured Again

Feel sorry for the lad.

But It’s got to the point now where the club would make more money from him by just getting him off the wage bill.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Thespian View Post
    Feel sorry for the lad.

But It’s got to the point now where the club would make more money from him by just getting him off the wage bill.
    HOw did he get injured, was it through a contact?

Quote Originally Posted by raf_the_laf View Post
    HOw did he get injured, was it through a contact?
    No. Hamstring just went.... After 3 minutes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thespian View Post
    No. Hamstring just went.... After 3 minutes!!!
    It's just crazy. Don't know what to say.

Maybe if he plays in warmer weather in a slower league he can keep his fitness up.

Maybe he'll just have to take up coaching or something.

Its unbelievable.

Just looks like for whatever or however many reasons Daniel cannot get his body fit on any consistent basis.

Pity...at his best a highly talented, wonderful, natural striker. But it just seems he's a busted flush at this stage.

Maybe if he plays in warmer weather in a slower league he can keep his fitness up.

He should move to the U.S. Beckham's new Miami team would make most sense.

FistofRage is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by By-Lallanas-Beard View Post
    He should move to the U.S. Beckham's new Miami team would make most sense.
    I'd cheer him on over here

I really do feel sorry for Sturidge. He was brilliant for us up top with Suarez but has had the most frustrating of careers due to his physical weakness or misfortune. As has been said, he would be better served, going abroad to the U.S., and playing in warmer climates and a slower league.
    There simply is no hiding place in the PL for anyone injury prone.

i really don't think we'll get any sort of money for him now better off letting him go abroad on the cheap no one else will be interested
    Eagle Face Moron

He should retire. This can't be healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaToure View Post
    He should retire. This can't be healthy.
    Surely at this point there has to be something seriously wrong with his body? He has to be considering it.

Shame but no surprise at all sadly, this is why the fussing over his loan seemed a little misplaced to me, was always likely to break down again though this was remarkably quick

Time to stack the swag bag and go

We just have to hope it's not serious enough for West Brom to send him back and stop paying his wages.

Pards seemed to think it might only be a couple of weeks. He obviously hasn't done his homework.

SuperSpeedy is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by wavdeep View Post
    We just have to hope it's not serious enough for West Brom to send him back and stop paying his wages.

Pards seemed to think it might only be a couple of weeks. He obviously hasn't done his homework.
    Pretty sure they couldnít do that even if they wanted to.

It's a shame but I'm a bit peed off with all this contract and money talk and get him off the wage bill, I think we should all be talking about how sad it is that he IS broken, and at 28 he might be thinking he just can't do it anymore. No footballer should be thinking about that at that age. Its his life isn't it that could potentially be done. I'd rather talk about the times when he was unplayable. He looked like he was about to cry when he was coming off. He clearly just wants to play football and that looks like it could be all over.

Where does he go from here no idea, but I hope Lfc support him if his playing days are done

Ryan Mason retires after failing to recover from that head injury.
    YNWA

aylesbyred is offline Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by FistofRage View Post
    I'd cheer him on over here
    not for very *********** long you wouldn't lol
    53757 - declared

aylesbyred is offline Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    incredibly sad news that; can't really recall the incident but wish the lad the best
    53757 - declared

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    not for very *********** long you wouldn't lol
    About 3 minutes normally

I'd prefer him hanging up his boots than seeing him drifting from a club to another and having repeated setbacks,

I am humanly too fond of him to see him having such a professional agony,

Last edited by rosso76; 13-2-18 at 12:49.

Quote Originally Posted by steppag1 View Post
    It's a shame but I'm a bit peed off with all this contract and money talk and get him off the wage bill, I think we should all be talking about how sad it is that he IS broken, and at 28 he might be thinking he just can't do it anymore. No footballer should be thinking about that at that age. Its his life isn't it that could potentially be done. I'd rather talk about the times when he was unplayable. He looked like he was about to cry when he was coming off. He clearly just wants to play football and that looks like it could be all over.

Where does he go from here no idea, but I hope Lfc support him if his playing days are done
    Of course its sad, and always will be sad when a player approaches the end of his career, whether that be simply because he's just getting too old for top level football or because they can't continue due to recurring injury and LFC and it's fans never forget how much players contribute during their best days.

Football though is a performance based industry, players have to be top fit and able to compete not just with opposition players but with young talented players competing for every place and opportunity to reap the rewards of top flight footie. Players are more than adequately rewarded for their skills and service and in the case of Danny, he's given his all and done his best for us and it will always be remembered but the bottom line is he's simply not able to compete any longer at the highest level over an extended period.

He is a multi millionaire, nothing wrong with that, he's earned every penny, but it's a fact that he still has to prove he is better and at least value for money to any younger , fitter player itching to have the chance to do what he has done.

I'm sure all Liverpool fans wish Danny was fit and able to play but if he's not then it's time for him to move on in his life like every player before him has done. it's not as though he's going to be reporting to the dole or get sanctioned for driving around Liverpool in his top of the range white Roller.

The world's his oyster, he can do his coaching ticket, go into punditry, write a book, play at a lower level if he is prepared to risk his health, he's got very few worries when it's looked at in the clear light of day. It's life, he'll always be regarded as a hero in Liverpool but how can he realistically compare in the club's eyes to the likes of Mane, Salah or even the likes of younger players coming through like Woodburn ? The fact is he can't, he doesn't have the pace or the ability to last the ninety minutes under pressure. Plenty of players have had to call it a day before reaching 28 or achieving the recognition that he has, a shame for sure but the game is competitive and places are few for the lucky ones.

Agree with that point about warmer weather and slower league.

Think he possibly made an error not pushing for that Inter move.

Frustrating for the Baggies, and for us but, mostly, terribly sad for Danny.

Hope he performs the unthinkable, and gets himself fit and ready for the WC.

Personally think he should retire at the end of this season. Redknapp had to make that decision, think we are close to that point now for Danny, unfortunately.

Whatever, I wish him well in whatever he decides to do, and thank him for the contribution he made, especially in that almost glorious title-winning year, alongside Suarez.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    incredibly sad news that; can't really recall the incident but wish the lad the best
    was a collision with Cahill from a corner, at the time it looked like virtually nothing, really sad that he has retired, just goes to show how much a fine line it is between playing a game and serious injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    Desperately sad to see how his career has gone as he's only 28 and should have loads to play for yet.
    Itís the one thing going for him. Heís a young 28 year old in terms of mins played . The complete opposite of a Rooney for example . But it looks bleak for him , thereís injuries through unavoidable challenges but his body just keeps letting him down, a real shame .

Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    Read what Poch said in regards to this and how Tottenham will help him and his family . He’s a class act .

Quote Originally Posted by steppag1 View Post

No we shouldn’t... We continue to waste hundreds of thousands of dollars on a player who is worthless... I’m not sure what there is to be sad about... Get rid ASAP by any means possible... The club shouldn’t have to support him, if he has been wise with all the money he has earned laying on a training table, he should be fine...

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    No we shouldn’t... We continue to waste hundreds of thousands of dollars on a player who is worthless... I’m not sure what there is to be sad about... Get rid ASAP by any means possible... The club shouldn’t have to support him, if he has been wise with all the money he has earned laying on a training table, he should be fine...
    Because weíve lost a genuinely talented striker to injury? I mean, is that not obvious?

There is o way he is going to retire, why he should? He has one year left in this contract that we will need to honour.
    Masonís case is completely different as he canít genuinely play one more game, Sturridge can perfectly average 15-20 games per season, which is more or less what he has done most years.