Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Time for the club to show serious Ambition!

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    What makes you think we don’t? Coz we haven’t won them?
    It's mad isn't it? Even when we made those 2 finals the other year we didn't bother winning either of them. What was the point? If that was me, I'd have tried to win.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    It's mad isn't it? Even when we made those 2 finals the other year we didn't bother winning either of them. What was the point? If that was me, I'd have tried to win.
    Me too. Maybe LFC donít want to spend any money on the celebrations afterwards?

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by IFC View Post
    One thing I donít get is why we donít go for the cups?

In 5 years at Liverpool Coutinho has 0 trophies. Nought. Zilch. Nada.

And heís just moved to Barca for £142million. Thatís an absolute joke.
    I'm sure a League or FA Cup would have changed Coutinho's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by IFC View Post
    One thing I don’t get is why we don’t go for the cups?

In 5 years at Liverpool Coutinho has 0 trophies. Nought. Zilch. Nada.

And he’s just moved to Barca for £142million. That’s an absolute joke.
    Its all about League Titles and the CL these days

Domestic Cups seemingly these days are seen as little achievements

Personally I'd love an FA Cup in the bag and to get this squad used to winning competitions building the mindset of a 'competition winning' group hungry for more and better things.

With what Klopp is building, an FA Cup this season imo would do wonders to this squads mentality
    Last edited by TheLiverLife; 9-1-18 at 12:28.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Me too. Maybe LFC don’t want to spend any money on the celebrations afterwards?
    Typical FSG. John Henry would rather spend 500m on a new yacht than £500 on a celebration party. Tight arse.

naturalskill is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    no chance
    barca is the pinnacle for him along with winning the world cup with brasil

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    no chance
    barca is the pinnacle for him along with winning the world cup with brasil
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Its not about changing his mind, its about creating that winning mentality and conistency that we all know we suck at. Plus it gives the players something to show for the time at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiverLife View Post

Personally I'd love an FA Cup in the bag and to get this squad used to winning competitions building the mindset of a 'competition winning' group hungry for more and better things.

With what Klopp is building, an FA Cup this season imo would do wonders to this squads mentality
    Exactly this!

Agreed, Its not just physically the winning the cup that will help us, its the confidence it can build, actually winning something can be a massive help in many aspects, we need to breed winners, we need to start winning somewhere even if its only that carabou cup or whatever its called nowadays.

smokintony is online now Boot Room insider
    Nothing will change with FSG here anyone who is regarded as world class will want out of here

Jur-Gone is online now Previous username 'Klopp-OUT' just for reference
    Quote Originally Posted by smokintony View Post
    Nothing will change with FSG here anyone who is regarded as world class will want out of here
    We've been left behind by city, Chelsea, Bayern, united, PSG, Barca, Madrid.

Arsenal and Tottenham are in the same position.
    We won't pay 250k-300k in wages to top players, they will always leave for the top clubs that will pay them that and that will guarantee them silverware every season.
    I frankly don't see us winning the league again

Nice theory, but it's considerably easier to win a cup than a League title which is why Wigan, Pompey, Swansea, Blackburn Boro and Brum have all won a cup since the turn of the millennium and yet only one of those is even in the Premier League this season........ (with every chance of all six not being in the top flight next season) yet none of those sides, and indeed us and spudz, have not won the Premier League in the same period and only Blackburn have during the Premier League, ONCE.

So yes it would be nice to win a (domestic) cup, but we need to be challenging for the league at some point soon because the squad whose mentality you want wonders to be done for won't stay here let alone in good frames of mind if we win a cup and don't progress from that. PROGRESSION is the key, and to win league titles you need to win around 26+ league games which isn't easy, and to do so ahead of sides like citeh, or another season chelski, or another season maybe the mancs.

And please do remind me what didn't happen after we won a cup or multiple cups/trophies in the past 25 years, oh yes that's right, we didn't win a league title and we also have had key players leave - McManaman, Owen, Torres (although some will argue he was past it), Suarez, Coutinho, regardless how many won something here or not.

You need to win things to keep a squad together, happy and build a winning mentality, but for a big club like Liverpool a cup isn't going to cut it, and for smaller clubs it can just be a way to put your players in the shop window. I was surprised there were that many clubs that have won a cup since (and including) 2000 that have gone down, some didn't stop at the first drop either. Clearly they didn't do it right!