Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 282

Thread: Time for the club to show serious Ambition!

  1. #31  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by DidiDidIt View Post
    Nearly won the league ........... 84pts!!!
    Still in FA Cup
    League cup semi, hard done by
    Hunt for top 4
    Lost his 2 best players (Suarez , and lets face it, Studge all season)
    Losing his captain
    Bought a lot of young quality

    And people are debating whether he should stay or go? What more could he really have done thus far? Do you remember Hodgson? Dark final days under Kenny?
    people have short memories , and obviously want us to become liek city and chelsea and fire managers every two years
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    +Shriekback+ is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,291
    Quote Originally Posted by DmCLfc1892 View Post
    people have short memories , and obviously want us to become liek city and chelsea and fire managers every two years
    Who does? what we really want is to go back to is consistently, actually competing in Europe, having a solid back 4 and central midfield, we don't have it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,246
    Quote Originally Posted by DmCLfc1892 View Post
    people have short memories , and obviously want us to become liek city and chelsea and fire managers every two years
    Keeping a manager who is under-performing when a better one is available, isn't a virtue, it's just dumb

    And three years is enough time to asses if the manger is taking the club forward, given the resources made available to him.

    Now I'm not saying that Brendan hasn't done enough to warrant another year at the helm, but enough of this 'never sack the manager' dogma already.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    Keeping a manager who is under-performing when a better one is available, isn't a virtue, it's just dumb

    And three years is enough time to asses if the manger is taking the club forward, given the resources made available to him.

    Now I'm not saying that Brendan hasn't done enough to warrant another year at the helm, but enough of this 'never sack the manager' dogma already.
    is he under perfroming?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by *Shriekback* View Post
    Who does? what we really want is to go back to is consistently, actually competing in Europe, having a solid back 4 and central midfield, we don't have it.
    do you not like a solid back 3?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    +Shriekback+ is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,291
    Quote Originally Posted by DmCLfc1892 View Post
    do you not like a solid back 3?
    Not for plan A.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by *Shriekback* View Post
    Not for plan A.
    so if a manager came in and played 3 at the back as his plan A , would you call for his head straight away?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    24,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_lad2014 View Post
    This all day long. I am also a firm believer the only player Brendan has improved here was Henderson, yes no doubt he got Suarez and Sturridge etc scoring but I wouldn't say he improved them they just had the chance (Particurley in Sturridge) and platform to improve.

    I keep mentioning this tactically and Mentally under Rodgers we have dropped our Standards significantly and personally to me have looked clueless at times this season.

    No doubt in my mind, there are certain players in our squad who could be contributing more weather that's because he's playing them in wrong positions or not giving them a chance or not playing them correctly.

    Balotelli, Borini, Markovic, Lambert, Lovren, Enrique I've no doubt could have used more and better this season and we would have better results.

    Also I don't go along with this we have improved in the last 3 months, yes Results have improved no doubt but results have papered over huge cracks, lack of chances created also possession ways we are knowere near as good. Woeful performances have been in that 3 month period. Besiktas Home and away, Bolton, Blackburn, Swansea, Southampton, Utd, Leicster Spurs, to name a few. Results have papered over drastic cracks
    Agreed. It's a sorry state of affairs. Poor defence, midfield is a shambles and strikers are non existent.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B-xdt0kddoQ
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Father--+Truth View Post
    Agreed. It's a sorry state of affairs. Poor defence, midfield is a shambles and strikers are non existent.
    explain how we went 14 games unbeaten then?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    24,905
    Quote Originally Posted by DmCLfc1892 View Post
    explain how we went 14 games unbeaten then?
    luck.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B-xdt0kddoQ
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Father--+Truth View Post
    luck.
    14 times not really luck is it?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #42  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,884
    Quote Originally Posted by DmCLfc1892 View Post
    14 times not really luck is it?
    About as likely as sheer coincidence......
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #43  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    24,905
    Quote Originally Posted by DmCLfc1892 View Post
    14 times not really luck is it?
    It could well be down to luck.
    Why didn't we go on that sort of run earlier in the season? Why were we so poor in Europe?

    We changed the formation an scraped results, yes it was a decent run but I think luck played a massive part because opposition didn't know how to deal with it. The wheels have fallen off now though.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B-xdt0kddoQ
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #44  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Father--+Truth View Post
    It could well be down to luck.
    Why didn't we go on that sort of run earlier in the season? Why were we so poor in Europe?

    We changed the formation an scraped results, yes it was a decent run but I think luck played a massive part because opposition didn't know how to deal with it. The wheels have fallen off now though.
    well to take a leaf out your book our run earlier in the season was down to .......bad luck
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #45  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,246
    Quote Originally Posted by DmCLfc1892 View Post
    is he under perfroming?
    That is for FSG to answer, because without access to the decision making process regarding transfers, it's hard to evaluate.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #46  
    Pete_lad2014 is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,317
    I'm
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #47  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_lad2014 View Post
    I'm
    You're what ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #48  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    24,905
    Quote Originally Posted by DmCLfc1892 View Post
    well to take a leaf out your book our run earlier in the season was down to .......bad luck
    It wasn't though. It was clearly down to poor management.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B-xdt0kddoQ
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #49  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Father--+Truth View Post
    It wasn't though. It was clearly down to poor management.
    ye just like good management was the reason for the turn around
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #50  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    25,287
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    You're what ?
    I think you know.....
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #51  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Father--+Truth View Post
    It wasn't though. It was clearly down to poor management.
    If we'd had a couple decent strikers, then the whole team would of looked better.

    Admittedly, the defence and midfield was a shambles partly caused by Rodgers making too many changes too soon,
    but other aspects of his coaching seem ok.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #52  
    Pete_lad2014 is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,317
    Any body who says we were not lucky against Southampton, Spurs, Swansea and Besiktas are in dreamland while against Championship opposition in the cup we failed to muster a chance on goal
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #53  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_lad2014 View Post
    Any body who says we were not lucky against Southampton, Spurs, Swansea and Besiktas are in dreamland while against Championship opposition in the cup we failed to muster a chance on goal
    we were also excellent at chelsea , palace, west ham, burnley, swansea at home and man city
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #54  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    28,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_lad2014 View Post
    Any body who says we were not lucky against Southampton, Spurs, Swansea and Besiktas are in dreamland while against Championship opposition in the cup we failed to muster a chance on goal
    Pete - you are wasting your time.... If something is wrong - you are negative, talking bile, a hypocrite... Learn from the abuse I take, mate...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #55  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Pete - you are wasting your time.... If something is wrong - you are negative, talking bile, a hypocrite... Learn from the abuse I take, mate...
    this isn't abuse lol????? i'm pointing out people who want to look at te negatives i'll show the positive side to see what their reaction is to that at least be balanced in your views
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #56  
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,733
    To get rid of Rodgers now would be madness. He's young and isn't the best tactician, but that comes with experience. We haven't got the squad Chelsea, utd, city and even Arsenal have and we can't hand out big wages like utd, city and Chelsea. Rodgers has done well considering our injuries, poor team performances and possibly the biggest set back in not getting the players he wanted, like Sanchez. I don't see anyone else filling his boots right now as he's willing and able to work within our budget and is irreplaceable when it comes down to man management and bringing through our youth.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #57  
    Pete_lad2014 is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,317
    Quote Originally Posted by KopRoyal View Post
    To get rid of Rodgers now would be madness. He's young and isn't the best tactician, but that comes with experience. We haven't got the squad Chelsea, utd, city and even Arsenal have and we can't hand out big wages like utd, city and Chelsea. Rodgers has done well considering our injuries, poor team performances and possibly the biggest set back in not getting the players he wanted, like Sanchez. I don't see anyone else filling his boots right now as he's willing and able to work within our budget.
    I disagree, our squad is really strong just he fails to use it properly. Yes I agree about not getting certain targets etc and that is something we have to improve on.

    But is he a big attraction for players? Also we haven't got time anymore to wait and see
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #58  
    +Shriekback+ is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,291
    Quote Originally Posted by KopRoyal View Post
    To get rid of Rodgers now would be madness. He's young and isn't the best tactician, but that comes with experience. We haven't got the squad Chelsea, utd, city and even Arsenal have and we can't hand out big wages like utd, city and Chelsea. Rodgers has done well considering our injuries, poor team performances and possibly the biggest set back in not getting the players he wanted, like Sanchez. I don't see anyone else filling his boots right now as he's willing and able to work within our budget and is irreplaceable when it comes down to man management and bringing through our youth.
    Why not bring in the opposite? an experienced man who is tactically astute. (Klopp)

    This club needs to wake up.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #59  
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_lad2014 View Post
    I disagree, our squad is really strong just he fails to use it properly. Yes I agree about not getting certain targets etc and that is something we have to improve on.

    But is he a big attraction for players? Also we haven't got time anymore to wait and see
    Considering Chelsea own around half of the English U-21's and U-18's, plus have the money to buy and buy players every window, our squad could do with a few quality players this summer.

    As for Rodgers not being a big attraction for players, have you any evidence for this or is it speculation because he's less experienced than other managers.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #60  
    Pete_lad2014 is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,317
    Quote Originally Posted by KopRoyal View Post
    To get rid of Rodgers now would be madness. He's young and isn't the best tactician, but that comes with experience. We haven't got the squad Chelsea, utd, city and even Arsenal have and we can't hand out big wages like utd, city and Chelsea. Rodgers has done well considering our injuries, poor team performances and possibly the biggest set back in not getting the players he wanted, like Sanchez. I don't see anyone else filling his boots right now as he's willing and able to work within our budget.
    I disagree, our squad is really strong just he fails to use it properly. Yes I agree about not getting certain targets etc and that is something we have to improve on.

    But is he a big attraction for players? Also we haven't got time anymore to wait and see if he will improve tactically, for me he just hasn't got it.

    Guardiola, Mourinho, Ferguson, Benitez, AVB, Klopp, Van Gaal, Rijkaard, Acholotti, etc etc all have achieved major success before the age Brendan is now, age is not an excuse.

    Year 1 of his reign here with European football, we were awful in all cups and finish 7th.

    Year 2 with no European football woeful again in cups but almost won the league, largely down to the SAS and not the team IMO

    Year 3 good Carling cup, thus far very lucky FA cup, horrendous in Europe and average at best in the league.

    We haven't improved that much since he took over, I'm still positive that if Kenny (whom I didn't rate as manager 2nd time round) was in charge the fallowing season he left I think he would have improved us drastically. I see us only going backwards under Brendan
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •