Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for the club to show serious Ambition!

Quote Originally Posted by *Shriekback* View Post
    Why not bring in the opposite? an experienced man who is tactically astute. (Klopp)

This club needs to wake up.
    suppose he could be 1 name the owners are looking at, but they'll have issues why he performed worse this year than Rodgers.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Why not bring in the opposite? an experienced man who is tactically astute. (Klopp)

This club needs to wake up.
    then what happens when we get the experienced coach in and after 3 years we still trail , the rest because they are able to attract players with higher bids and wages? call for his head sack him , start all over again? good idea

Quote Originally Posted by DmCLfc1892 View Post
    this isn't abuse lol????? i'm pointing out people who want to look at te negatives i'll show the positive side to see what their reaction is to that at least be balanced in your views
    My views are balanced - down to 7 active internationals in the last break, outside the top 4, out of europe again without even a whimper, no body in the best average ratings team of the season so far.... Rodgers has a great idea, but can't execute it, FSG has donated well, but wasted money....

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by DmCLfc1892 View Post
    then what happens when we get the experienced coach in and after 3 years we still trail , the rest because they are able to attract players with higher bids and wages? call for his head sack him , start all over again? good idea
    Start what all over again? a manager who is experienced and has won titles will improve us massively.

Start what all over again? a manager who is experienced and has won titles will improve us massively.
    An experienced manager will not help us.... FSG needs to sort out what they want 1st....

Quote Originally Posted by Pete_lad2014 View Post
    I disagree, our squad is really strong just he fails to use it properly. Yes I agree about not getting certain targets etc and that is something we have to improve on.

But is he a big attraction for players? Also we haven't got time anymore to wait and see if he will improve tactically, for me he just hasn't got it.

Guardiola, Mourinho, Ferguson, Benitez, AVB, Klopp, Van Gaal, Rijkaard, Acholotti, etc etc all have achieved major success before the age Brendan is now, age is not an excuse.

Year 1 of his reign here with European football, we were awful in all cups and finish 7th.

Year 2 with no European football woeful again in cups but almost won the league, largely down to the SAS and not the team IMO

Year 3 good Carling cup, thus far very lucky FA cup, horrendous in Europe and average at best in the league.

We haven't improved that much since he took over, I'm still positive that if Kenny (whom I didn't rate as manager 2nd time round) was in charge the fallowing season he left I think he would have improved us drastically. I see us only going backwards under Brendan
    I love the style of football he's playing, wouldn't change that for the world. Klopp would give us a similar style, not too sure about Kenny. Another year wouldn't be too much to ask as he's in the middle of a process here.

does that guarantee us success against teams with a lot more money?

Quote Originally Posted by KopRoyal View Post
    To get rid of Rodgers now would be madness. He's young and isn't the best tactician, but that comes with experience. We haven't got the squad Chelsea, utd, city and even Arsenal have and we can't hand out big wages like utd, city and Chelsea. Rodgers has done well considering our injuries, poor team performances and possibly the biggest set back in not getting the players he wanted, like Sanchez. I don't see anyone else filling his boots right now as he's willing and able to work within our budget and is irreplaceable when it comes down to man management and bringing through our youth.

Within the budget? Hahaha. He's spent massive amounts. The majority of managers would love a go with his budget.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B-xdt0kddoQ

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood-Rose View Post
    I can't help but wonder, would a thread like this exist if we didn't lose to Man Utd?
    OP has no clue, check his history, he seems to like opening pointless knee jerk threads, saying we need world class players, to be fair he is probably a young lad, so I let him off lol.

Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Any body who says we were not lucky against Southampton, Spurs, Swansea and Besiktas are in dreamland while against Championship opposition in the cup we failed to muster a chance on goal
    We were only lucky against Southampton, we outplayed the rest. Go watch Utd's games this season and see how lucky they have been.

How do you know that ?

We will not get anywhere if we keep chopping and changing managers every few years.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLovren View Post
    We were only lucky against Southampton, we outplayed the rest. Go watch Utd's games this season and see how lucky they have been.
    Or most other games, with most other PL teams...... it's called Football!

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvonuk View Post
    How do you know that ?

We will not get anywhere if we keep chopping and changing managers every few years.
    Who we have been chopping and changing with is the problem, its not their fault but from Hodgson to Dalglish who has been out of the game for so long to Rodgers, if we have appointed top class managers i would agree with you, we are not Real Madrid sacking great managers.

Instead of Hodgson it was Van Gaal then AVB, then Klopp, we simply haven't did this.

Hodgson (won nowt)
    Dalglish (out of touch with the modern game)
    Rodgers (a Swansea manager)
    Last edited by +Shriekback+; 2-4-15 at 16:31.

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    If your car can only go 150 mph, then how do you make it go faster?

MishMasch is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    Nitros

Stick with the manager is just a meaningless mantra from people who don't understand football - and I include most of the media in that.

The only questions worth asking are has Rodgers made the best use of the resources made available to him, and is he taking the club forward ?
    If the answers are yes, keep him. If not, sack him.

He's been here 3 years already

Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    Nitros
    Sorry the bigger better and faster car has bought that.

MaxB is offline nimble, MaxB quick
    What?

MishMasch is online now First team regular
    Sorry the bigger better and faster car has bought that.
    Sorry, I have no real clue what the context of the conversation was, I just saw your question and typed a tongue in cheek answer

Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    Stick with the manager is just a meaningless mantra from people who don't understand football - and I include most of the media in that.

The only questions worth asking are has Rodgers made the best use of the resources made available to him, and is he taking the club forward ?
    If the answers are yes, keep him. If not, sack him.

He's been here 3 years already
    If we sack BR then FSG will just look for another manager similar to BR. They are not going to rip up the last 3 years work to start again with a new manager who had new ideas. If there is a 'BR' upgrade out there then great! but there isn't. Also FSG would not go for a 'top manager' because with that comes demands like transfer funds, certain players irrespective of age, and big wages. Would they completely change tact to suit this type of manager? i dont think so. BR is by far the best manager for this club right now and we are lucky to have him.

Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    Sorry, I have no real clue what the context of the conversation was, I just saw your question and typed a tongue in cheek answer
    my analogy was pretty **** then! Liverpool as a club has a 'cap' Chelsea, City and Utd don't. Our ambitioned is restrained by the clubs resources and lack of attractability. For example, Messi was linked with Chelsea and people believed it but if he was linked with us we'd be laughed off the back pages.

Quote Originally Posted by KopRoyal View Post
    suppose he could be 1 name the owners are looking at, but they'll have issues why he performed worse this year than Rodgers.
    Tiredness of him and the team, loosing the best player to a team that constantly takes the league and one cl under your nose.
    Klopp would be great for European games, but the big question is, how would he perform in pl.
    And how long would it take him to get the game.
    He could turn into a new wenger as much as a new avb.

Shocking thread.
    The same people once again instigating it !

raybarnes is offline Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    This is not a Raheem Sterling thread, as I'm quite happy for the club to sell him and take the money for him weither its 40-50m I don't care.

But Sterling does state about playing with World class players and wanting to win trophies etc.

IMO the owners/Club need to show serious ambition this summer. Firstly if Rodgers dosent deliver Top 4 or FA cup hire a top Manager who will properly move us forward and challenge. Weither its Rafa, De Boer, AVB, Klopp or Deschamps any would be an improvement on our current manager and be able to attract top players and improve our current players both mentally and tactically.

Secondly, whether it's Rodgers or a new manager, with the finances we could possibly have this summer I do think there's all the possibility we could make real splashes in the Transfer market. Without Selling Raheem I think we will have about 60m to spend after Sales, but if (Which IMO looks likier by the day) Sterling does be sold I think we could have another 100m to spend on our hands.

Yes last season we had CL and 100m to spend but still couldn't attract top players and I know it will still be hard but I think a key difference this time is wages. With Gerrard, Johnson, Jones and Toure all likely leaving already and Balotelli, Borini and a few others to be sold we could have an enormous amount of wages to throw at 4-5 players and could sign real top quality. I higher calibre of manager would also attract better players.

Its time to properly move us forward IMO
    Bad Wool

Quote Originally Posted by Father--+Truth View Post
    Rodgers isnt a big pull. We need to bring in a proven winner asap , someone who can attract top players an win us trophies.
    Bad wool
    Quote Originally Posted by AsandaLFC View Post
    BR cant attract big names and he cant maintain the ones he already has. how in the world has klopp managed to keep rues? we need a new manager.
    Badv wool

We lost the week this was posted fickle to say the least

canookiewookie is online now Academy prospect
    No Guarantee.

canookiewookie is online now Academy prospect
    I disagree, our squad is really strong just he fails to use it properly. Yes I agree about not getting certain targets etc and that is something we have to improve on.

But is he a big attraction for players? Also we haven't got time anymore to wait and see if he will improve tactically, for me he just hasn't got it.

Guardiola, Mourinho, Ferguson, Benitez, AVB, Klopp, Van Gaal, Rijkaard, Acholotti, etc etc all have achieved major success before the age Brendan is now, age is not an excuse.

Year 1 of his reign here with European football, we were awful in all cups and finish 7th.

Year 2 with no European football woeful again in cups but almost won the league, largely down to the SAS and not the team IMO

Year 3 good Carling cup, thus far very lucky FA cup, horrendous in Europe and average at best in the league.

We haven't improved that much since he took over, I'm still positive that if Kenny (whom I didn't rate as manager 2nd time round) was in charge the fallowing season he left I think he would have improved us drastically. I see us only going backwards under Brendan
    2nd place and 4 pts out of 4th. It's the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    No Guarantee.
    Damn right there is no guarantee, but we can't keep coming up short.... Keep looking for answers... how is changing things any different to wasting transfer money and coming up short....

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood-Rose View Post
    I can't help but wonder, would a thread like this exist if we didn't lose to Man Utd?
    of course Not

Pete_lad2014 is offline Academy prospect
    If it comes to it (Selling Sterling) I think we would like to see a potential world class player replace him.

By that I mean the likes of Delay, Lucas Moura or Draxler someone of that elk

If it comes to it (Selling Sterling) I think we would like to see a potential world class player replace him.

By that I mean the likes of Delay, Lucas Moura or Draxler someone of that elk
    Oh deer!