Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for the club to show serious Ambition!

1. #1 Default Time for the club to show serious Ambition! 
    Pete_lad2014 is offline Academy prospect
    This is not a Raheem Sterling thread, as I'm quite happy for the club to sell him and take the money for him weither its 40-50m I don't care.

But Sterling does state about playing with World class players and wanting to win trophies etc.

IMO the owners/Club need to show serious ambition this summer. Firstly if Rodgers dosent deliver Top 4 or FA cup hire a top Manager who will properly move us forward and challenge. Weither its Rafa, De Boer, AVB, Klopp or Deschamps any would be an improvement on our current manager and be able to attract top players and improve our current players both mentally and tactically.

Secondly, whether it's Rodgers or a new manager, with the finances we could possibly have this summer I do think there's all the possibility we could make real splashes in the Transfer market. Without Selling Raheem I think we will have about 60m to spend after Sales, but if (Which IMO looks likier by the day) Sterling does be sold I think we could have another 100m to spend on our hands.

Yes last season we had CL and 100m to spend but still couldn't attract top players and I know it will still be hard but I think a key difference this time is wages. With Gerrard, Johnson, Jones and Toure all likely leaving already and Balotelli, Borini and a few others to be sold we could have an enormous amount of wages to throw at 4-5 players and could sign real top quality. I higher calibre of manager would also attract better players.

Its time to properly move us forward IMO
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Rodgers isnt a big pull. We need to bring in a proven winner asap , someone who can attract top players an win us trophies.

canookiewookie is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Father--+Truth View Post
    Rodgers isnt a big pull. We need to bring in a proven winner asap , someone who can attract top players an win us trophies.

BR cant attract big names and he cant maintain the ones he already has. how in the world has klopp managed to keep rues? we need a new manager.

Generally I'm against giving any manager more than 3 years, but every case has its individual merits, also at the start of the season I was saying if we don't get top 4 BR should be sacked. However the way this season has panned out I feel BR should be judged next season. We had a very poor start but have improved big time last 3 months, we have the basis of a very good young team, we don't need to sign big name players, we need players who will complement what we have, good technical mobile players. BR has made a lot of mistakes but also made good progression, could the money have been spent better? Yes. Are our players behind our manager? Yes. Is BR the man to deliver? Not sure, but deserves another season. I do feel for the first time in a long time our manager can shape the exactly how he wants to next season and this has not been possible for a decade.

I can't help but wonder, would a thread like this exist if we didn't lose to Man Utd?

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood-Rose View Post
    I can't help but wonder, would a thread like this exist if we didn't lose to Man Utd?
    Maybe not...

But a whopper has to do...what a whopper has to do.

Quote Originally Posted by AsandaLFC View Post
    BR cant attract big names and he cant maintain the ones he already has. how in the world has klopp managed to keep rues? we need a new manager.
    It's most concerning. But what do we expect when we basically have a unknown in charge compared to the other top teams around. Our disastrous European campaign this season an poor league showing will put top players off and will make our current better players have doubts.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B-xdt0kddoQ

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Maybe not...

But a whopper has to do...what a whopper has to do.
    Hahaha!

Pete_lad2014 is offline Academy prospect
    It's most concerning. But what do we expect when we basically have a unknown in charge compared to the other top teams around. Our disastrous European campaign this season an poor league showing will put top players off and will make our current better players have doubts.
    This all day long. I am also a firm believer the only player Brendan has improved here was Henderson, yes no doubt he got Suarez and Sturridge etc scoring but I wouldn't say he improved them they just had the chance (Particurley in Sturridge) and platform to improve.

I keep mentioning this tactically and Mentally under Rodgers we have dropped our Standards significantly and personally to me have looked clueless at times this season.

No doubt in my mind, there are certain players in our squad who could be contributing more weather that's because he's playing them in wrong positions or not giving them a chance or not playing them correctly.

Balotelli, Borini, Markovic, Lambert, Lovren, Enrique I've no doubt could have used more and better this season and we would have better results.

Also I don't go along with this we have improved in the last 3 months, yes Results have improved no doubt but results have papered over huge cracks, lack of chances created also possession ways we are knowere near as good. Woeful performances have been in that 3 month period. Besiktas Home and away, Bolton, Blackburn, Swansea, Southampton, Utd, Leicster Spurs, to name a few. Results have papered over drastic cracks

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_lad2014 View Post
    This all day long. I am also a firm believer the only player Brendan has improved here was Henderson, yes no doubt he got Suarez and Sturridge etc scoring but I wouldn't say he improved them they just had the chance (Particurley in Sturridge) and platform to improve.

I keep mentioning this tactically and Mentally under Rodgers we have dropped our Standards significantly and personally to me have looked clueless at times this season.

No doubt in my mind, there are certain players in our squad who could be contributing more weather that's because he's playing them in wrong positions or not giving them a chance or not playing them correctly.

Balotelli, Borini, Markovic, Lambert, Lovren, Enrique I've no doubt could have used more and better this season and we would have better results.

Also I don't go along with this we have improved in the last 3 months, yes Results have improved no doubt but results have papered over huge cracks, lack of chances created also possession ways we are knowere near as good. Woeful performances have been in that 3 month period. Besiktas Home and away, Bolton, Blackburn, Swansea, Southampton, Utd, Leicster Spurs, to name a few. Results have papered over drastic cracks
    For me there is a fair element of truth in what you say and I know a lot of people wont like what you are saying, me I am not against it but I am against you writing it now, we have a huge game Saturday that could turn this season into a great one, its not all over yet, we could still qualify for the CL and be cup winners, should that happen even the most anti BR fans would have to be swayed and puts a totally different picture on this season.

Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    For me there is a fair element of truth in what you say and I know a lot of people wont like what you are saying, me I am not against it but I am against you writing it now, we have a huge game Saturday that could turn this season into a great one, its not all over yet, we could still qualify for the CL and be cup winners, should that happen even the most anti BR fans would have to be swayed and puts a totally different picture on this season.
    Ain't over till it's over......

WOW , cant believe the stuff im reading , ofcourse rodgers can attract players he's the manager of liverpool the problem we have is wages , we cant offer the money that a lot of other teams can , we need to buy proven quality but sacking rodgers is completely stupid unless you getting a diego simeone or carlo ancelotti

MishMasch is online now First team regular
    As if BR is the sole reason we are not signing megastar players

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood-Rose View Post
    Had we beat Utd, I suspect a lot of what is happening now wouldn't be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by DmCLfc1892 View Post
    WOW , cant believe the stuff im reading , ofcourse rodgers can attract players he's the manager of liverpool the problem we have is wages , we cant offer the money that a lot of other teams can , we need to buy proven quality but sacking rodgers is completely stupid unless you getting a diego simeone or carlo ancelotti
    It's not that we can't, it's because the club don't want to, they want the club to be self sustainable and that's a good thing. It's not impossible to build a good team without spending vast sums of money on transfers and wages.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    It's not that we can't, it's because the club don't want to, they want the club to be self sustainable and that's a good thing. It's not impossible to build a good team without spending vast sums of money on transfers and wages.
    its not the be all and end all but it does help when going for players at the top end of the market

Criticism of our manager is your favourite topic. Do you still advocate Chris Hughton for the job?

A lot of highly talented yougsters are here no need to buy superstars. They can be created. Sterling is going nowhere you can place a bet with me

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthak kesar View Post
    A lot of highly talented yougsters are here no need to buy superstars. They can be created. Sterling is going nowhere you can place a bet with me
    there is a need to buy a few top quality players in their prime , not necessarily a superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete_lad2014 View Post
    This is not a Raheem Sterling thread, as I'm quite happy for the club to sell him and take the money for him weither its 40-50m I don't care.

But Sterling does state about playing with World class players and wanting to win trophies etc.

IMO the owners/Club need to show serious ambition this summer. Firstly if Rodgers dosent deliver Top 4 or FA cup hire a top Manager who will properly move us forward and challenge. Weither its Rafa, De Boer, AVB, Klopp or Deschamps any would be an improvement on our current manager and be able to attract top players and improve our current players both mentally and tactically.

Secondly, whether it's Rodgers or a new manager, with the finances we could possibly have this summer I do think there's all the possibility we could make real splashes in the Transfer market. Without Selling Raheem I think we will have about 60m to spend after Sales, but if (Which IMO looks likier by the day) Sterling does be sold I think we could have another 100m to spend on our hands.

Yes last season we had CL and 100m to spend but still couldn't attract top players and I know it will still be hard but I think a key difference this time is wages. With Gerrard, Johnson, Jones and Toure all likely leaving already and Balotelli, Borini and a few others to be sold we could have an enormous amount of wages to throw at 4-5 players and could sign real top quality. I higher calibre of manager would also attract better players.

Its time to properly move us forward IMO
    Rage? Been there, done that and he did not win us a title in 6 seasons. And we failed to achieve top 4 twice in that time

De Boer has not managed a major club in a major league

AVB was a disaster at Spurs

Klopp? Have you seen Dortmund's results this year? Yet you think this is an improvement on what we have achieved

Des champs? Led Juventus to a Serie B title and Marseille to one French title. Left both clubs (and Monaco) after prolonged periods of failure. Hardly an impressive record

MishMasch is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFFYFROG View Post
    Rage? Been there, done that and he did not win us a title in 6 seasons. And we failed to achieve top 4 twice in that time

De Boer has not managed a major club in a major league

AVB was a disaster at Spurs

Klopp? Have you seen Dortmund's results this year? Yet you think this is an improvement on what we have achieved

Des champs? Led Juventus to a Serie B title and Marseille to one French title. Left both clubs (and Monaco) after prolonged periods of failure. Hardly an impressive record
    This is a huge issue. Every time we hit a set back there's a cry for BR to get the sack and replaced with a mythical top manager who's won everything and is also supposedly able to attract top end players

All the names suggested seem like sideways or at best diagonal moves.

Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    This is a huge issue. Every time we hit a set back there's a cry for BR to get the sack and replaced with a mythical top manager who's won everything and is also supposedly able to attract top end players

All the names suggested seem like sideways or at best diagonal moves.
    agreed , its absolute nonsense to blame him for a player wanting to leave or a player not willling to work his way to the top and earn top wages.

I think we'll definitely be keeping Rogers until his contract runs out. When that time comes everything he's done should be reviewed by the club, and a decision whether to keep him or let him go should be made.

I'm personally a Rogers fan, he can be frustrating but I think he's good for our club, he'll only get better as time goes on, but he does need to learn from his mistakes and not repeat them, which we have seen a few times.
    Some of you are saying we need to get in a winner, who's better out there that's available or will be soon?

Klopp's a good shout but he's also still young, and has made a few mistakes which he needs to learn from, he's kind of the same as BR in my opinion and I can't see things changing much if we got him in.

Deschamps, his name may sound like the champs in French, but he's another newish manager like De Boer, and again I don't think things will improve at all, they have won things, but the premierships a lot more competitive than the French, Italian, and Dutch leagues, and I can see them going down the same road as AVB if they went for a top PL job at this point in their careers.

After so much change, again, and some of the stuff that's gone on this season, like Injuries, and player contract problems (Gerrard, Sterling, Hendo) we're doing alright. Next season, after hopefully a summer where nothing traumatic happens, we could very well see all the hard work come together and we'll be competing properly, and the fans will be happy the club persevered with BR.

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffLeeClyro View Post
    I think we'll definitely be keeping Rogers until his contract runs out. When that time comes everything he's done should be reviewed by the club, and a decision whether to keep him or let him go should be made.

I'm personally a Rogers fan, he can be frustrating but I think he's good for our club, he'll only get better as time goes on, but he does need to learn from his mistakes and not repeat them, which we have seen a few times.
    Some of you are saying we need to get in a winner, who's better out there that's available or will be soon?

Klopp's a good shout but he's also still young, and has made a few mistakes which he needs to learn from, he's kind of the same as BR in my opinion and I can't see things changing much if we got him in.

Deschamps, his name may sound like the champs in French, but he's another newish manager like De Boer, and again I don't think things will improve at all, they have won things, but the premierships a lot more competitive than the French, Italian, and Dutch leagues, and I can see them going down the same road as AVB if they went for a top PL job at this point in their careers.

After so much change, again, and some of the stuff that's gone on this season, like Injuries, and player contract problems (Gerrard, Sterling, Hendo) we're doing alright. Next season, after hopefully a summer where nothing traumatic happens, we could very well see all the hard work come together and we'll be competing properly, and the fans will be happy the club persevered with BR.
    That’s a pretty fair assessment and I am not as enamored with BR as some, but I for sure don’t want to see him gone and for pretty much the same reasons you speak off, he certainly has had some big problems to deal with and I can only see him and the team improving next season.
    Another reason I want him to stay is I can’t in truth see us get anyone better and there is no guarantee no matter who comes that he will be a success, so for me better the devil you know at the moment.

This all day.

the only thing rodgers hasn't been successful in is his signings , if he can get them right we are onto something special

to add to that , rodgers has bought young players and im confident he can improve and develop them so if he can keep the core of the team together then he has every chance of doing something great.

Nearly won the league ........... 84pts!!!
    Still in FA Cup
    League cup semi, hard done by
    Hunt for top 4
    Lost his 2 best players (Suarez , and lets face it, Studge all season)
    Losing his captain
    Bought a lot of young quality

And people are debating whether he should stay or go? What more could he really have done thus far? Do you remember Hodgson? Dark final days under Kenny?

+Shriekback+ is offline Academy prospect
    Have we ever? we still have had great success without doing so.