Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Discussing Random Players Thread (Warning: Hipster Levels High)

DreamingOfKlopp is online now Academy prospect
    Has anyone seen much of Sergi Samper? There are quite a few linking us to him! He looks like a great passing midfielder and is 20 years old.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Liverdinner View Post
    For a start, Yannick Ferreira Carrasco of Monaco.

Cool as hell name, for sure. Does he have the most unorthodox dribbling style in world football? (Suarez a contender).

He looks so odd when he runs with it and his touches are all over the place and yet he is often going past defenders.

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVCW4sByg6Y

2)

Any Aussie fans have any views on Ryan Thomas at Zwolle?
    He's the Belgian Lallana with added pace

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    Here's an interesting one. Never heard of him before (Turkish football begins and ends with Dirk Kuyt for me), a young lad called Ozan Tufan. The last para in particular is of interest.

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/t6...der-Ozan-Tufan

Quote Originally Posted by CrawleyRed View Post
    Here's an interesting one. Never heard of him before (Turkish football begins and ends with Dirk Kuyt for me), a young lad called Ozan Tufan. The last para in particular is of interest.

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/t6...der-Ozan-Tufan
    Interesting and especially nice to hear the last paragraph at a time when many try to convince us that we are no longer a dream club for players.

Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Quote Originally Posted by FistOfRage View Post
    He's the Belgian Lallana with added pace
    What makes you say that?

Martial is going to be a top striker. He's the next Lacazette in the making.

We need to look at Monaco for a few players. They have some very good young ones.

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    I noticed hipster in the title so I thought I'd give you all a heads up; Graham Hunter has just referred to Illaramendi as a "double pivot".

Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Quote Originally Posted by pete752 View Post
    Martial is going to be a top striker. He's the next Lacazette in the making.

We need to look at Monaco for a few players. They have some very good young ones.
    Seen him referred to as the next Henry. Looks a big talent. Another one coming out of France.

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post
    I noticed hipster in the title so I thought I'd give you all a heads up; Graham Hunter has just referred to Illaramendi as a "double pivot".
    What does that even mean?

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    I too was wondering what a double pivot is.

Does anybody on here follow Wolves on regular basis? I've seen them a few times this season and both Afobe and especially Iorfa have impressed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    Does anybody on here follow Wolves on regular basis? I've seen them a few times this season and both Afobe and especially Iorfa have impressed me.
    I've seen them quite a few times. Iorfa looks the business, in my opinion. He's solid defensively, but seems to beat players with ease out wide too. His final ball needs a bit of work though, that'll get better with age I guess.

On Afobe, I know some Arsenal fans were quite reluctant to see him leave. He's obviously a very good finisher, but his movement, strength and pace are also noticeable attributes. I like how he can play with his back to goal, as a target man, but also run in behind.

There are some very good young players in the Championship. Teddy Bishop and Lewis Cook in particular stand out.

I too was wondering what a double pivot is.
    2 players in front of the defense

Monaco have so many interesting players.

Carasco is one. I also love Fabinho (as good as Danilo who just went to Real Madrid for a massive fee), Wallace, Kurzawa, Bakayoko, Silva and Martial. They're all young players with big futures.

Martial has really stepped it up lately after being played up front. This kid could become a top striker.

He made Lichsteiner look like a pub player on Wednesday. Even went past any player that came to assist the Swiss in doubling up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    I've seen them quite a few times. Iorfa looks the business, in my opinion. He's solid defensively, but seems to beat players with ease out wide too. His final ball needs a bit of work though, that'll get better with age I guess.

On Afobe, I know some Arsenal fans were quite reluctant to see him leave. He's obviously a very good finisher, but his movement, strength and pace are also noticeable attributes. I like how he can play with his back to goal, as a target man, but also run in behind.

There are some very good young players in the Championship. Teddy Bishop and Lewis Cook in particular stand out.
    Yea, Iorfa really interests me. If we are into buying young, British players this summer would be the time and not 3 years down the line when he's at West Ham, slightly better than he is now, but 10 times as expensive.

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    I saw Afobe a few times at MK Dons and he looked very impressive, but then it was League One. Then he moved to Wolves and the step up in division didn't seem to faze him at all. Very very good in one on ones. If I were an Arsenal fan I'd be a bit puzzled as to why he was sold.

I also like their other youngster, Chuba Akpom. Looks to have all the raw materials to be great, though his name does remind me of Gazprom, which isn't a good thing.

TBH we do. They just rarely come back.
    That is so painful. So true. So damning of everyone involved in transfers.

This isn't a rumour thread, we are buying him, or even linked with him

but is this the type of player who is within our business model

1. at a club not elite
    2. should be within transfer and wage budget with the potential to out-grow his fee before we sell for profit
    3. very good now and few years away from being great

Inter are no longer an elite club, the money in Italian football has dried up (except Juve) and the league itself has lost so much appeal to where it was 5-10 years ago
    The player himself destined for great things, but not quite there yet, needs the next step of his career at 21 to push on

This type of transfer shouts FSG to me

In general are clubs like Inter, AC Milan, Napoli, Ajax, Sporting, Villareal (a few examples) - clubs we should be targeting, outside of the elite and struggle to even match our financial level

It will be very difficult to buy players from Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern, Dortmund, Juve

So are we a club which strips assets from clubs at the same or just below level as us

There are some talented guys at those clubs, some of who we are linked to

Vietto, Carvalho, Kovacic ect

to me they shout FSG signings

Quote Originally Posted by SurreyLiverpoolFan1983 View Post
    This isn't a rumour thread, we are buying him, or even linked with him

but is this the type of player who is within our business model

1. at a club not elite
    2. should be within transfer and wage budget with the potential to out-grow his fee before we sell for profit
    3. very good now and few years away from being great

Inter are no longer an elite club, the money in Italian football has dried up (except Juve) and the league itself has lost so much appeal to where it was 5-10 years ago
    The player himself destined for great things, but not quite there yet, needs the next step of his career at 21 to push on

This type of transfer shouts FSG to me

In general are clubs like Inter, AC Milan, Napoli, Ajax, Sporting, Villareal (a few examples) - clubs we should be targeting, outside of the elite and struggle to even match our financial level

It will be very difficult to buy players from Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern, Dortmund, Juve

So are we a club which strips assets from clubs at the same or just below level as us

There are some talented guys at those clubs, some of who we are linked to

Vietto, Carvalho, Kovacic ect

to me they shout FSG signings
    sensible post! you don't seem to be overcome with hysteria like most people on here, amazing! , i do agree with you on kovacic and teh clubs we should be targeting

Quote Originally Posted by DmCLfc1892 View Post
    sensible post! you don't seem to be overcome with hysteria like most people on here, amazing! , i do agree with you on kovacic and teh clubs we should be targeting
    lol whats the point

we'll be linked to 100 players and end up with ings, milner and joe cole

so no point getting all hyped, what will be will be in the summer

its just when you look at the hierarchy of football clubs

Elite - Barca, Real, Utd, Bayern, Chelsea and so forth
    Very good - Liverpool, Spurs, Milan's, Dortmund, Ajax and so forth

I'd say we are the top of that Very Good category for multiple reasons

1. 8th richest club in the world (normally named the best club outside of the elite)
    2. Liverpool has always been seen as a good stepping stone for a career (sadly)

Very rare you can buy from the elite clubs when ranked lower, unless exceptional circumstances

Just interesting to look at various clubs like Inter, AC, Ajax, Villareal, Sporting, Lyon ect and see what good players they have that seem to suit our model

its not all doom and gloom if we sit and sensibly examine it

there are dam good players out there

Dybala
    Vietto
    Carvalho
    Kovacic
    Kondogbia
    Lacazette

these players are steps up on what we have right now and wouldn't break the bank if sensibly planned

saying that though, there are a few elite club players who i'd have a pick at

Asier Lllaramendi
    Lucas Silva

2 guys who barely get a look in at Madrid i'd have a cheeky loan bid for
    Last edited by SurreyLiverpoolFan1983; 13-5-15 at 12:07.

I don't think there should be a transfer philosophy at all. It should be best players for as low a cost as possible. Having a transfer philosophy of any sort is a ridiculous and completely needless self imposed restriction.

I don't think there should be a transfer philosophy at all. It should be best players for as low a cost as possible. Having a transfer philosophy of any sort is a ridiculous and completely needless self imposed restriction.
    agreed buy what you need ! and what can improve you ,simple!

Agree. The right players to fit into our team. I like the way Chelsea do it, they identify a player that will improve their first XI. Its not rocket science. Of course we don't have the budget of Chelsea, but we could copy a similar model, if we get the mess that is our current transfer committee disbanded

Regarding Kovacic... I really want us to sign him. I think this kid's got some future ahead of him. If we did sign him, I hope people don't expect too much from him, too soon. He isn't the finished article buy a long way and will need time to agust to the pl. I don't think you could judge this kid after one season. We would need patience.
    YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by azzalfc View Post
    Agree. The right players to fit into our team. I like the way Chelsea do it, they identify a player that will improve their first XI. Its not rocket science. Of course we don't have the budget of Chelsea, but we could copy a similar model, if we get the mess that is our current transfer committee disbanded

Regarding Kovacic... I really want us to sign him. I think this kid's got some future ahead of him. If we did sign him, I hope people don't expect too much from him, too soon. He isn't the finished article buy a long way and will need time to agust to the pl. I don't think you could judge this kid after one season. We would need patience.
    He's played 157 clubs games and has 18 international caps. For his age he has a lot of experience. He's played a lot of European football as well.

All he needs is a team that will want to gain from his strengths and some piece to regain his confidence. Everything else will fall into place. My message is just; don't buy him if you don't have a clear play of what you want to do with him.

He's played 157 clubs games and has 18 international caps. For his age he has a lot of experience. He's played a lot of European football as well.

All he needs is a team that will want to gain from his strengths and some piece to regain his confidence. Everything else will fall into place. My message is just; don't buy him if you don't have a clear play of what you want to do with him.
    I think they still don't know what his best position is at Inter. I agree that he's got a lot of experience for his age. I think he may need time to settle into the pl, though. I've seen him a few times and he's played anywhere from an holding midfield player to playing left attacking midfield

Where do you think his best position will end up being?
    YNWA

I think they still don't know what his best position is at Inter. I agree that he's got a lot of experience for his age. I think he may need time to settle into the pl, though. I've seen him a few times and he's played anywhere from an holding midfield player to playing left attacking midfield

As a link between a defensive midfielder and the attacking midfielder.

As a link between a defensive midfielder and the attacking midfielder.
    I would love to see him & Cou in the same midfield

Could you imagine Inter fans if that happened!
    YNWA

personally think the central of a midfield 3

seems to have an all round game rather than a specific defined style of a DM or AM

I'd say very similar to Henderson in that respect that he can try his hand at all things - tackling passing and shooting

a strong powerful DM with henderson and kovacic ahead would be a good step up

Quote Originally Posted by SurreyLiverpoolFan1983 View Post
    personally think the central of a midfield 3

seems to have an all round game rather than a specific defined style of a DM or AM

I'd say very similar to Henderson in that respect that he can try his hand at all things - tackling passing and shooting

a strong powerful DM with henderson and kovacic ahead would be a good step up
    Get in Kovacic and a monster of a DM and that as a two would be enough to control the midfield, making Henderson pretty much redundant. At least for most games. Much rather bench him and get an extra attacking player in there.

i disagree with that totally

Liverpool Football Club do not have the pulling power, cash or CL to go to any club with a wod of cash and say give me "player a"

We cannot buy from the elite clubs, we have proved that time and time again, and even struggle to buy off lesser clubs due to the mess we make of the whole transfer system

As a club we have to compile a list of clubs we can buy from - those clubs are ones who can't pay the wages we can, ones from leagues which aren't elite and ones who are generally stepping stone clubs

those clubs are your Porto's, Ajax's, Milan's, Lyon's, Villareal's

Portugese league is a stepping stones for Work Permits
    French and Italian leagues do not have the cash (except your PSG's and Juve's)
    Dutch league has always been a breeding ground for players before they make a big jump up

The best players we have seen at Liverpool over the last 10 years have always been brought from these very clubs

Suarez - Ajax
    Torres - A.Madrid (who back then weren't as elite as they are now)
    Alonso - Soceidad
    Kuyt - Feyenoord

to name a few

there are many players out there similar to these waiting to be grabbed

William Carvalho
    Vietto
    Dybala
    Kovacic
    Lacazette

anyone who thinks we are going to sign cavani, benzema, higuain ect are so very deluded on so many levels

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    He's a terrific player is Mateo Kovacic and an improvement of what we have at the moment.

I'd play him on the left of a midfield diamond in all honesty. I think, like someone said above, his best position is a link between defensive midfield and the attacking midfielder. So something like this...

Can

Henderson - Kovacic

Coutinho