Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Discussing Random Players Thread (Warning: Hipster Levels High)

Quote Originally Posted by -Nelly- View Post
    Get in Kovacic and a monster of a DM and that as a two would be enough to control the midfield, making Henderson pretty much redundant. At least for most games. Much rather bench him and get an extra attacking player in there.
    Henderson got his 14th assist in all competitions against Chelsea, and has 8 goals too so far this season. As well as being one of our biggest attacking threats, he's also important defensively (has won more tackles than any Liverpool player). I'd suggest that, considering Henderson's progression in the past couple of years, the fact he has just signed a new long term contract and is clearly going to be made Captain of our club in the summer, Jordan will be a regular in the starting line up for years to come.

Personally, I think Rodgers will go for a three in midfield next season, with Coutinho and another AM (Sterling/Ibe/Markovic/Lallana) in support of a lone striker (New CF/Sturridge/Origi/Ings). Another option is a diamond formation, with Coutinho in behind two strikers, Henderson to the right (where he was so effective last season), Kovacic to the left and Can/New DM in front of the back four.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    Henderson got his 14th assist in all competitions against Chelsea, and has 8 goals too so far this season. As well as being one of our biggest attacking threats, he's also important defensively (has won more tackles than any Liverpool player). I'd suggest that, considering Henderson's progression in the past couple of years, the fact he has just signed a new long term contract and is clearly going to be made Captain of our club in the summer, Jordan will be a regular in the starting line up for years to come.

Personally, I think Rodgers will go for a three in midfield next season, with Coutinho and another AM (Sterling/Ibe/Markovic/Lallana) in support of a lone striker (New CF/Sturridge/Origi/Ings). Another option is a diamond formation, with Coutinho in behind two strikers, Henderson to the right (where he was so effective last season), Kovacic to the left and Can/New DM in front of the back four.
    He will, I just don't think he should. And it's not that I don't rate him; as you say his stats are fantastic. But I'd like us to move towards a system with two midfielders, and I just don't see where Henderson fits into that. He doesn't dominate the game the way a top midfielder should, and he couldn't play as a DM.

When we do want a three man midfield, Henderson is up there with the best 'third' midfielders you could ask for. But with better players (hopefully Kovacic being one of them) than Allen, Lucas, current Gerrard etc, we should be able to control most games with just the two, and get an extra striker/winger on. And just as importantly, allow Coutinho to play as a number ten as opposed to out wide.

slimman is online now First team regular
    Really good sensible post. More of this type please.

I agree on the whole premise of what you're saying because there are players like Kovacic, Vietto, Lacazette (of the names we do know) at clubs we can transact with and have a greater success at taking their better players away from them and hopefully making them into great players with the occasional elite player as well.

Quote Originally Posted by louisesuarez View Post
    He's a terrific player is Mateo Kovacic and an improvement of what we have at the moment.

I'd play him on the left of a midfield diamond in all honesty. I think, like someone said above, his best position is a link between defensive midfield and the attacking midfielder. So something like this...

Can

Henderson - Kovacic

Coutinho
    It Moved.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    So can we get the panel to discuss young Uruguayan prospect Diego Rolan playing currently at Bordeaux.

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverdinner View Post
    For a start, Yannick Ferreira Carrasco of Monaco.

Cool as hell name, for sure. Does he have the most unorthodox dribbling style in world football? (Suarez a contender).

He looks so odd when he runs with it and his touches are all over the place and yet he is often going past defenders.

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVCW4sByg6Y

2)

Any Aussie fans have any views on Ryan Thomas at Zwolle?
    Holy cow. I need to take heart pills after watching the Ferreira clip. And I don't even have a heart condition. Not sure what I think but the Chaos Theory comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by FistOfRage View Post
    He's the Belgian Lallana with added pace
    To be fair, Lallana with pace is one hell of a player!

Quote Originally Posted by Liverdinner View Post
    Seen him referred to as the next Henry. Looks a big talent. Another one coming out of France.

What does that even mean?
    Must mean he can't be trusted to be a DM. ……

Carvalho, kovacic and dybala looks like really gd players. But i think carvalho and kovacic wont come cheap. We should spent lovren's tx fees on either of them last season.

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by iamnottian View Post
    Carvalho, kovacic and dybala looks like really gd players. But i think carvalho and kovacic wont come cheap. We should spent lovren's tx fees on either of them last season.
    Dybala is apparently on his way to Juve for 21m plus add-ons.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    He's played 157 clubs games and has 18 international caps. For his age he has a lot of experience. He's played a lot of European football as well.

All he needs is a team that will want to gain from his strengths and some piece to regain his confidence. Everything else will fall into place. My message is just; don't buy him if you don't have a clear play of what you want to do with him.
    We have yet to see signs of such a plan, unfortunately.

Dybala is apparently on his way to Juve for 21m plus add-ons.
    There goes. I am keeping my fingers cross on the players we will be bringing in this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nelly- View Post
    Get in Kovacic and a monster of a DM and that as a two would be enough to control the midfield, making Henderson pretty much redundant. At least for most games. Much rather bench him and get an extra attacking player in there.
    Kovacic and alex song will be pretty decent CM pairing. With cou playing ahead of them. What ever money left sign a striker who can dribble in tight areas like sturridge or suarez or messi type.

Quote Originally Posted by iamnottian View Post
    Kovacic and alex song will be pretty decent CM pairing. With cou playing ahead of them. What ever money left sign a striker who can dribble in tight areas like sturridge or suarez or messi type.
    Not keen on Alex Song at all now. Seems to have turned into an incredibly lazy player whilst at Barca and I don't think WHU will be making him an offer either.

As a link between a defensive midfielder and the attacking midfielder.
    Joe Allacic.

Club:Eintracht Frankfurt
    Position:Striker
    Apps:30
    Goals:9
    Assists: 5

Some of you may remember Seferovic from last years WC when he scored the last winner for Switzerland against Ecuador here

Has had a fairly impressive season for Frankfurt supporting Meier who has been the top scorer in Bundesliga. Would like to build some consensus and get some discussions going about a player who we may or should target.

For more highlights click here

Some people will hate him because he doesn't come from a big enough club

Quote Originally Posted by hysen View Post
    Some people will hate him because he doesn't come from a big enough club
    They may, but I'm hoping fellow posters like Liverdinner, Fowi, Snippes, Wineformymen, to make some contributions as well.

Don't know him but looked at the clips. So obviously anything I say is fairly superficial.

Nice air of confidence about him based on the clips; doesn't seem to mess around with the ball; certainly knows where the goal is - i.e., he puts the "roundy thing" in the net.

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    He showed some glimpses at Sociedad (particularly one amazing lone range volley), but has always been a hot and cold player. On a good day he looks like he'll take on the world and on other days he has the beauty of a freshly used toilet brush. He has undoubtedly found a good club for him right now and he's had a decent season. Lets see if he can kick it up a notch next season.

The good thing about him is that he has no shame in his game. He'll do whatever he wants to do, be it a crazy pass or a shot from the stands. Sometimes when you have that mentality you can force things in your game that other players wouldn't.

I wouldn't bring him to Liverpool. I simply don't think he's good enough and I'm not convinced enough to take a punt on him becoming good enough down the line.

Not for me I'm afraid.

He is far too inconsistent to be deemed someone to be relied upon for goals and I still cannot work out what his best position is. He seems to be a second striker at times and then you find him leading the attack other times (and not very well either).

Not for me I'm afraid.

He is far too inconsistent to be deemed someone to be relied upon for goals and I still cannot work out what his best position is. He seems to be a second striker at times and then you find him leading the attack other times (and not very well either).
    He's played off Meier this season and often drifts to the left.

LovelyCushionedHeader is offline Academy prospect
    I think I know the goal Fowi is on about, Champions League qualifier?

Can't say I've seen a lot of him but I'd rather a striker whose had 2 (at least) solid seasons, so a no for me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post
    I think I know the goal Fowi is on about, Champions League qualifier?

Can't say I've seen a lot of him but I'd rather a striker whose had 2 (at least) solid seasons, so a no for me at the moment.
    Against Lyon.

Club: Hoffenheim
    Position: Center Back
    Apps: 15
    Goals: 1

Some of you may not be very familiar with the young CB from Hoffenheim.

For his age, he's really built. Tough in the air, got a good eye for the pass and as pretty much all Germans he's technically sound.

For more highlights click here

I've mentioned him many times before. For me he is the biggest defensive talent Germany have had in years.

He's dealing with a serious injury right now though.

I've mentioned him many times before. For me he is the biggest defensive talent Germany have had in years.

He's dealing with a serious injury right now though.
    I hope he doesn't go down the Papadopoulous path. He's an exceptional talent as you say. In fact, now would be the time if we were to make a bid to get him in on the cheaper end. He may not work out as it often is hard for players to get back into their stride after serious injuries, but he's one I would definitely look at very keenly.

He's a terrific player is Mateo Kovacic and an improvement of what we have at the moment.

I'd play him on the left of a midfield diamond in all honesty. I think, like someone said above, his best position is a link between defensive midfield and the attacking midfielder. So something like this...

Can

Henderson - Kovacic

Coutinho
    Is it not amazing how just one player with quality makes the whole midfield actually look like it could be effective I would love to be greedy and add Isco for Hendo then we are talking.

Liverdinner is offline Posts With His Faace
    Im personally not a fan but i think he has the potential to be pretty effective.

Liverdinner is offline Posts With His Faace
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    Holy cow. I need to take heart pills after watching the Ferreira clip. And I don't even have a heart condition. Not sure what I think but the Chaos Theory comes to mind.
    his legs just move all over the place