Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 2449

Thread: The Discussing Random Players Thread (Warning: Hipster Levels High)

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    I like the look of him, and rugged South American players tend to thrive in the PL
    I like Diego's son (Giovanni Simeone) - now that is a young kid I wouldn't mind seeing leading our line.

He's workrate is similar to Suarez's, he knocks defenders over with his brute power plus the kid can finish too. One to keep an eye on - he won't be at Genoa for too long.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJacker View Post
    Jetro just has so much going for him IMO although sometimes he strolls during games. I have no idea what will happen with Sinkgraven.
    Sinkgraven can play football, that's for sure.

De Ligt is the real deal at Ajax though. He's already a colossus and he's only 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    Sinkgraven can play football, that's for sure.

De Ligt is the real deal at Ajax though. He's already a colossus and he's only 17.
    I think I've seen him once. Their center back Sanchez has a lot going for him.

I think I've seen him once. Their center back Sanchez has a lot going for him.
    Sanchez is decent too, but De Ligt is something else.

Sanchez is decent too, but De Ligt is something else.
    Speaking of the Eredivsie, I'm just hoping Ayoub, Larsson and Jahanbakhsh go to bigger clubs. They would be shrewd signings for many sides.

Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Speaking of the Eredivsie, I'm just hoping Ayoub, Larsson and Jahanbakhsh go to bigger clubs. They would be shrewd signings for many sides.
    I find it really interesting that barely any players come out of the Eredivisie and thrive anymore

I don't know what it is. Maybe they stay too long or maybe the league no longer prepares them for bigger leagues.

Random players? We hear lots about players like Brandt, Götze and Reus but there's a player at SC Freiburg who will very probably make the step up to a bigger team in Germany this year who is maybe not as well known but he has a great future, thats Maximilian Philipp. My bet is that he'll go to BVB and then we'll hear a bit more about him. Probably get him now for around 10 mill but we have some class players already in that attacking mid role. I think he'd progress well under Klopp though, just his kind of player.

BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidared View Post
    Random players? We hear lots about players like Brandt, Götze and Reus but there's a player at SC Freiburg who will very probably make the step up to a bigger team in Germany this year who is maybe not as well known but he has a great future, thats Maximilian Philipp. My bet is that he'll go to BVB and then we'll hear a bit more about him. Probably get him now for around 10 mill but we have some class players already in that attacking mid role. I think he'd progress well under Klopp though, just his kind of player.
    Spuds and Arsenal scouting him says reports.

Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    Spuds and Arsenal scouting him says reports.
    Typical, just like Spurs to snap him up and in a years time everyones ranting about him .

Looks a talent.

Cliche, but I guess you'd say he looks like being the next Marco Reus. not sure on his pace though.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverdinner View Post
    Looks a talent.

Cliche, but I guess you'd say he looks like being the next Marco Reus. not sure on his pace though.
    Oh he's no slouch, in fact he has a decent turn of pace to get through the mid over short distances, pretty nippy. Needs to make that step up though and I think he will.

I find it really interesting that barely any players come out of the Eredivisie and thrive anymore

I don't know what it is. Maybe they stay too long or maybe the league no longer prepares them for bigger leagues.
    The current crop of Dutch players aren't as good as their predecessors and I think that's a factor.

He's talented but I think he drifts out of games a bit too often. He is having a good season to be fair to him and Freiburg might challenge for a Europa League place.

He's talented but I think he drifts out of games a bit too often. He is having a good season to be fair to him and Freiburg might challenge for a Europa League place.
    SCF are having a great run and Phillip and Grifo too are having great seasons. Players like Phillip will sometimes drift out of games but that's because they are playing in teams that can't dominate the likes of BVB, Bayern etc, in a better quality team he'd be much more proficient as would Grifo. I've just read that Phillip would be available at around 3-4 million and when you think some on here are calling for us to spend 16 mill on an unproven 16 year old LB it would be a snip.
    Last edited by Amidared; 18-3-17 at 12:39.

The current crop of Dutch players aren't as good as their predecessors and I think that's a factor.
    I wonder why that is. The top sides of Europe used to be filled with Dutch players, but now they're nowhere to be seen.

The standard has really dropped off.

I wonder why that is. The top sides of Europe used to be filled with Dutch players, but now they're nowhere to be seen.

I think partly it is the way their academies operate. Many of the players seem to be technically sound but physically, in terms of stamina etc, just not at the same level of their counterparts. Their national team still has decent players, and should be better than what they are currently, but against the likes of Germany and France they are just overwhelmed by their athleticism.

I think partly it is the way their academies operate. Many of the players seem to be technically sound but physically, in terms of stamina etc, just not at the same level of their counterparts. Their national team still has decent players, and should be better than what they are currently, but against the likes of Germany and France they are just overwhelmed by their athleticism.
    Maybe, but I haven't seen a whole lot of exceptionally technical gifted kids either.

You think their academies have changed? Before they worked incredibly well.

Maybe, but I haven't seen a whole lot of exceptionally technical gifted kids either.

You think their academies have changed? Before they worked incredibly well.
    I think the times have changed as the game has become much more physically demanding and the Dutch just haven't caught up. The Belgians, who have traditionally been the more physically imposing of the two, have had more success producing players as a result IMO.

If you ask me they leave the Dutch football too soon. They don't get that experience of reaching semi finals of the CL with Ajax or winning Europa League with Feyenoord, as was the case a decade ago. That's also why the talented Dutch players aren't pushed in their domestic league.

You have Nicolai Jorgensen being the best player in Holland right now and that's ridiculous.

If you ask me they leave the Dutch football too soon. They don't get that experience of reaching semi finals of the CL with Ajax or winning Europa League with Feyenoord, as was the case a decade ago. That's also why the talented Dutch players aren't pushed in their domestic league.

You have Nicolai Jorgensen being the best player in Holland right now and that's ridiculous.
    The remarkable Karim El Ahmadi bossing everyone in midfield.

Patrik Schick, anyone seen a lot of him?

Seen a couple of games where he has looked brilliant and they just did a little piece on him on the European football show saying he is pretty good

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by KoppityKloppity View Post
    Patrik Schick, anyone seen a lot of him?

Seen a couple of games where he has looked brilliant and they just did a little piece on him on the European football show saying he is pretty good
    Yeap - mentioned him a few weeks ago in this thread.

He looks a real top talent.

Any Eredivisie watchers have a view on Dabney Dos Santos?

Any Eredivisie watchers have a view on Dabney Dos Santos?
    Never been that impressed honestly. Jahanbakhsh, Haps and Luckassen are more interesting IMO.

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    Deadline Warning

Hi guys, sorry little bit of admin as we head towards the summer months. Can you all get your "I've rated him for ages" in before close on play on Friday.

Otherwise you'll be, correctly, labelled a captain hindsight.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Bakayoko to Chelsea??

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Bakayoko to Chelsea??
    I've rated him for ages.

I've rated him for ages.
    Him Kante and Matic in that midfield is just about right for CL.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Him Kante and Matic in that midfield is just about right for CL.
    It's lacks control. They'll do the dirty work but they need someone to dictate things.

It's lacks control. They'll do the dirty work but they need someone to dictate things.
    I think they'll get their control from other areas. They just want to keep it rock solid and those 3 can do that.