I read a twitter post earlier that said

‘Firmino isn’t part of the system, he IS the system!’
    The system is part of Firmino.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

WinterPoolStark is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    The system is part of Firmino.
    Firmino’s Left nut!

Imagine the drawing board in training. There is this ‘nut’ with squiggly lines connecting all the other players.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Firmino’s Left nut!

Imagine the drawing board in training. There is this ‘nut’ with squiggly lines connecting all the other players.
    Even new signings immediately understand as well, it's amazing really.

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Even new signings immediately understand as well, it's amazing really.
    Except Ox, he took a lil while to ‘get it’.

Random thought-

Keep Firmino/lose Coutinho, or keep Coutinho/lose Firmino- which is better?
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Random thought-

Keep Firmino/lose Coutinho, or keep Coutinho/lose Firmino- which is better?
    As an individual player, I’d say keep Coutinho. For the way we play, Firmino stays.

A bit of a cop-out answer, I know.

Just to add. The game against Seville, first half Coutinho was brilliant with his pressing and pulling the strings. Second half when Seville pushed up and we’re being aggressive, Firmino noticed it and dropped a little deeper holding his position. Coutinho didn’t and tried to press them creating space where he left his position and should’ve held. It showed both players’ footballing brain, imo.
    Last edited by WinterPoolStark; 11-1-18 at 16:46.

As an individual player, I’d say keep Coutinho. For the way we play, Firmino stays.

A bit of a cop-out answer, I know.

Just to add. The game against Seville, first half Coutinho was brilliant with his pressing and pulling the strings. Second half when Seville pushed up and we’re being aggressive, Firmino noticed it and dropped a little deeper holding his position. Coutinho didn’t and tried to press them creating space where he left his position and should’ve held. It showed both players’ footballing brain, imo.
    Good points, I can’t remember tbh.

It’s a tricky question actually, and I think your point about the way we play, or having Klopp as manager, I’d have to say Firmino could be a bigger loss. It’s why I reckon he’s probably the most important player for Klopp, even when Coutinho was here too. I’d almost say that i5s a good job he doesn’t score more, or he’d be linked to other teams- has there even been a link to him since he’s been here?

That little r#@ over in Barcelona better not be in his ear, or in their ears about him. I’ll have to leave that thought alone, it doesn’t bear thinking...

Give Bobby a new contract with a bumper pay rise, must keep him happy... scour the market for another Brazilian player to join us at Anfield.

Must be lonely now that his compatriots Lucas and Coutinho have now left.

Fortunately, Alberto Moreno is still here!

Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Where are the clowns that said Lacazette and Lukaku are better last summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    Give Bobby a new contract with a bumper pay rise, must keep him happy... scour the market for another Brazilian player to join us at Anfield.

Must be lonely now that his compatriots Lucas and Coutinho have now left.

Fortunately, Alberto Moreno is still here!
    What happened to that Brazil wonderkid we signed a few years ago? Allan something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hair Helmet View Post
    What happened to that Brazil wonderkid we signed a few years ago? Allan something.
    Allan Rodriguez De Suza - waiting for a Visa/work permit, poor lad. He’s meant to be the best player in the world

Allan Rodriguez De Suza - waiting for a Visa/work permit, poor lad. He’s meant to be the best player in the world
    I think you’ll find that he’s not the best player in the world, Messi is. And then it’s Suarez, and after that it’s probably still Kenny Dalglish. And no it’s not that tanned Trafford Town reject, he’s not fit lace Alan Hansen's boots.

Hmm, according to WhoScored, he doesn't seem very impressive. https://www.whoscored.com/Players/295838/Show/Allan

Hmm, according to WhoScored, he doesn't seem very impressive. https://www.whoscored.com/Players/295838/Show/Allan
    Don’t worry about whoscored what and when, he’s a superb player!

Quote Originally Posted by Warten Auf 19 View Post
    Where are the clowns that said Lacazette and Lukaku are better last summer?
    In the circus, doing their job.

I think you’ll find that he’s not the best player in the world, Messi is. And then it’s Suarez, and after that it’s probably still Kenny Dalglish. And no it’s not that tanned Trafford Town reject, he’s not fit lace Alan Hansen's boots.
    Best I recall from work permit rules they can make exceptions where players don't meet the criteria and they can give them to "exceptional talents".

Whilst I appreciate the people doling out the permits may not be experts, I'm sure they must have a means of gauging who the wunderkids are and how they rate on the talent scale

Or they just apply the "they play for Man Utd/Man City/Chelsea (delete as applicable) so they must be World Class in the making".............

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    GaryNevillesPetRat got your log in details?

Please, stop!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Best I recall from work permit rules they can make exceptions where players don't meet the criteria and they can give them to "exceptional talents".

Whilst I appreciate the people doling out the permits may not be experts, I'm sure they must have a means of gauging who the wunderkids are and how they rate on the talent scale
    I was going for a bit of an impersonation post tbh, but yeah, it’s a strange one these permits. Sometimes the talent isn’t obvious, I would say, but if it protects the development of British talent, the I suppose it’s worth having.

Though, it’s weird that talent on the continent has no problem developing and it looks like they’re wide open to players like Allan going there?

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    GaryNevillesPetRat got your log in details?
    Please, stop!

I was going for a bit of an impersonation post tbh, but yeah, itís a strange one these permits. Sometimes the talent isnít obvious, I would say, but if it protects the development of British talent, the I suppose itís worth having.

Though, itís weird that talent on the continent has no problem developing and it looks like theyíre wide open to players like Allan going there?
    To be honest a club of the size and stature of Liverpool is hardly going to sign any player who hasn't got some kind of ability, not that we should have carte blanche (like the mancs!) but it's not like we're a wheeler dealer Del Boy Trotter buying cr ap on the cheap to flog off for a bit of a profit, although I guess only time will tell with any of them - see Adu for prime example, probably plenty of other examples if I had time or the inclination to think about it.

Or put another way, if the bloke is signed and no good he won't play for our first team so why would it bother the home office if he's getting paid LFC money for not doing a lot? And how would that be any different to say Bogdan and others picking up money for nothing....? (just cause they're EU)

Or they just apply the "they play for Man Utd/Man City/Chelsea (delete as applicable) so they must be World Class in the making".............
    Probably how Bebe got into the PL, to be honest. But then, we signed Poulsen, Cheyrou and Diouf too.

Probably how Bebe got into the PL, to be honest. But then, we signed Poulsen, Cheyrou and Diouf too.
    Doesn't or rather didn't matter with Poulsen and Cheyrou as they were both EU nationals so free to move and work, only Dioufus needed a work permit and didn't we sign him after the 2002 World Cup so already 2 years worth of caps to his name...? (allegedly signed before the World Cup, but I mean physical completion of)

In some ways you have to wonder if we mightn't have been better off being denied some work permits, and what about all the fuss over some including Gonzalez...!?!?!?

Be better also if work permits had to be granted for EU as well, maybe leaving the EU will mean we get denied permits and therefore dodge a few bullets although I hope LFC don't decide to buy British and limit themselves

Typed up a post yesterday but something happened with my internet, some site using up silly amounts of memory, and it ended up with me losing the post.

Anyway, piece by the Echo was interesting about the Holgate saga. See other reports saying he is being investigated for homophobic tweets a few years ago before he was 17, maybe that led to reports it was what Firmino said, and other sources suggest Firmino's alleged to have called him a word that's an anagram of ginger....

Anyway they laid out the process for this quite well, hope I can sum it up quite well.

- if the match officials did not hear anything to support the allegations it goes on to a panel
    - a panel of 3 former officials will meet and review video evidence independently and must agree unanimously for him to be charged.
    - if he's charged and doesn't admit it then it goes on to an IRC (Independent Regulatory Commission) who will review video evidence and any written evidence submitted.
    - if they find him guilty the minimum suspension for such an offence is five games, that can be increased or decreased by the commission based on any submissions by the FA suggesting normal punishment is insufficient or the player that it is excessive

According to that source referencing FA guidelines it should have been dealt with before today's game, although it goes on to suggest we'll hear Tuesday although based on everything else they say I'm not sure what the "hearing" on Thursday would be about unless that is where he's asked to answer to any charges the panel may agree to.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...gate--14120511

Definitely a worthwhile read, helps clarify (to some extent) the procedure and what we might expect
    Last edited by TheDarknessIsCalling; 14-1-18 at 13:34. Reason: not sure why I put tomorrow, maybe thinking it is Monday today

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Why do these things take so long? Such a big issue should be investigated and resolved one way or the other ASAP. To leave something like this hanging over the players for so long, and leave it open to speculation and gossip seems very wrong, to me.

Anyway, surely there's no case to answer here now? What we do see Firmino say is clearly not racist at all, and what we don't see when the Everton player obstructs the view would have been heard by the referee as he was standing between the two of them (and I've read he's already stated he didn't hear anything racist). So unless Holgate speaks Portuguese, or Firmino has said it in English right in front of the referee who somehow missed it, there doesn't seem to be anything in this?

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Why do these things take so long? Such a big issue should be investigated and resolved one way or the other ASAP. To leave something like this hanging over the players for so long, and leave it open to speculation and gossip seems very wrong, to me.

Anyway, surely there's no case to answer here now? What we do see Firmino say is clearly not racist at all, and what we don't see when the Everton player obstructs the view would have been heard by the referee as he was standing between the two of them (and I've read he's already stated he didn't hear anything racist). So unless Holgate speaks Portuguese, or Firmino has said it in English right in front of the referee who somehow missed it, there doesn't seem to be anything in this?
    Rather daft for it to have been delayed so long, supposedly should have been sorted by today according to the FA guidelines but I reckon if Firmino said anything then the ref would have heard it because he was there stopping Firmino when he rushed towards Holgate.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post

The R word is like the plague at this stage. Tbh I’d say they’re more terrified of clearing him than anything else, in case it’s later 'proved'.

The R word is like the plague at this stage. Tbh Iíd say theyíre more terrified of clearing him than anything else, in case itís later 'proved'.
    You'd think by now they'd have checked video evidence even if not officially so they'd be able to tell there was anything in the allegations or not. I know sometimes we bury our heads in the sand when we fear bad news, but they have to deal with it so no point delaying.

Hopefully we will know on Tuesday if there is any substance to allegations as he will or won't be charged if that piece is right, and if he is charged then hopefully clear what he said

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    You'd think by now they'd have checked video evidence even if not officially so they'd be able to tell there was anything in the allegations or not. I know sometimes we bury our heads in the sand when we fear bad news, but they have to deal with it so no point delaying.

Hopefully we will know on Tuesday if there is any substance to allegations as he will or won't be charged if that piece is right, and if he is charged then hopefully clear what he said
    i hope holgate gets a substantial ban for false accusation