Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1331

Thread: Official - Liverpool complete Firmino signing

  1. #61  
    Yoda In A Skoda is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,637
    Quote Originally Posted by fowlers2atgrayskull View Post
    We've done this before (paired players up from the same country)

    Coates was brought in for Suarez.

    Pretty much the biggest factor in a player not settling is if his family is unhappy.
    What's not to love over here?

    Sometimes sunny, mostly dull and can get cold.
    Huuhmhmhmhmmm. Come at me bro.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #62  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    17,870
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo0573 View Post
    Under bidding and over paying seems to be our problem.
    We used to overpay for mediocre english players and underbid for foreign talent that goes.to chelsky and similar clubs, where.does firmino fit?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #63  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,999
    If Sterling is sold that's 20 million we need to reinvest in the first team. We've already spent a lot now.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #64  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,684
    so happy to see this news couldn't believe my eyes at 7-30am this morning I've been banging on about this lad for nearly 2 years think we will frighten defences in the prem with lfc (lallana,firmino,coutinho) in the team next season
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #65  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    17,870
    Quote Originally Posted by LChristina View Post
    If Sterling is sold that's 20 million we need to reinvest in the first team. We've already spent a lot now.
    Part of the fee goes to qpr
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #66  
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,420
    I haven't seen him play and only just this morning actually knew what he looked like.

    From a playing style perspective, we do seem to have quite a lot of players who like to play "in the hole" or across the attacking three, in Coutinho, Sterling (although he's off to City), Lallana, Ibe, Markovic.

    Obviously we required a replacement for Sterling, Ibe is very raw and young, and Markovic isn't good enough, so it's a signing we needed to make.

    But he doesn't seem to be the focal point for the attack we need, and 10 goals last season would suggest he isn't going to replace the goals we lack either.

    So this signing still means we need another striker.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #67  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Part of the fee goes to qpr
    I know, if city bids 30 or 40, we'll probably have around 20 to actually spend? I think we're not done yet.

    Best thing about shopping early is that we get everyone together for preseason.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #68  
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    We used to overpay for mediocre english players and underbid for foreign talent that goes.to chelsky and similar clubs, where.does firmino fit?
    He fits in the first team as a game changer who we needed to pay top money to secure. Forget about the price, we have signed a player on the radar of other top clubs, this has to be considered a success. Hopefully he will light up the Premier league next season, if we do well, he will of been worth every penny of £30m
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #69  
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    20,905
    Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    Little surprised with this, according to many fans on here Ings and Milner where it for the window and FSG would not be investing money this window, even more so with BR in charge.
    If we sell Sterling for close to £50m would that explain it to you?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #70  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,620
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinChinPipPip View Post
    Very good!


    But what's he like at wing back?
    Wing back, centre back... Who cares... He's Brazilian with a cool name ! Ha
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #71  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,999
    If we're to spend a lot, paying for a Brazil national team player is the right way. Please don't hate on this, this is a good thing and it shows FSG wants to improve our team.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #72  
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,794
    This guy can finish.... One of the most lacking qualities in our side at present, regardless of position.
    When Sturridge does not play, if not for Coutinho taking audacious shots, we seem toothless...

    This guy offers exactly what we need, a player confident in his finishing and is capable of putting them away from all angles.
    I see him more a Suarez replacement than Sterling...
    We started using Sterling as a Suarez replacement, but he could not finish. This guy will finish.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #73  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,211
    Excellent news and i hope he settles in and he can take a step forward instead of the dross we have been signing in previous seasons. I wonder if BR had a say in this or has he been told to shut up becuase he is awful at transfers.

    Anyway on wards and upwards, lets see if Bacca and Rondon materialise as well.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #74  
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,612
    Quote Originally Posted by MacedonianRed View Post
    Are you seriously moaning about this deal?

    By the way, whatever Man Utd offered for Firmino was obviously not enough, since he is a LFC player now ... Like I already said on the other thread, we tricked them nicely into paying £31 million for Depay, and we got the better player for less money ...
    Not sure about the better player. Depay is a cracking player from what I have seen of him last season. Not saying one is better than the other this season will show it but lets not get carried away thinking Depay is not a good player because he most certainly is. If we had signed him and Firmino. Wow I would have actually been really positive about the start of the season (unheard of at any time).
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #75  
    liverpool19734 is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    10,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon7 View Post
    This guy can finish.... One of the most lacking qualities in our side at present, regardless of position.
    When Sturridge does not play, if not for Coutinho taking audacious shots, we seem toothless...

    This guy offers exactly what we need, a player confident in his finishing and is capable of putting them away from all angles.
    I see him more a Suarez replacement than Sterling...
    We started using Sterling as a Suarez replacement, but he could not finish. This guy will finish.
    We will probably use him as a winger, not as a striker. So i see it as a Sterling improvement for 20m less. But he is a very flexible player which is good for us.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #76  
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    20,977
    Quote Originally Posted by LChristina View Post
    If we're to spend a lot, paying for a Brazil national team player is the right way. Please don't hate on this, this is a good thing and it shows FSG wants to improve our team.
    Very true.

    He's the sort of signing we needed when Suarez left and CL was happening for us ...

    Instead we were raiding Southampton for half the team.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #77  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,620
    Quote Originally Posted by LChristina View Post
    If Sterling is sold that's 20 million we need to reinvest in the first team.
    We've already spent a lot now.
    If we had a 20 million budget before sales then we would still have sterling money and other sales to spend. We could still spend another 50m I reckon.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #78  
    Yoda In A Skoda is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,637
    Quote Originally Posted by thespeedoghost View Post
    I haven't seen him play and only just this morning actually knew what he looked like.

    From a playing style perspective, we do seem to have quite a lot of players who like to play "in the hole" or across the attacking three, in Coutinho, Sterling (although he's off to City), Lallana, Ibe, Markovic.

    Obviously we required a replacement for Sterling, Ibe is very raw and young, and Markovic isn't good enough, so it's a signing we needed to make.

    But he doesn't seem to be the focal point for the attack we need, and 10 goals last season would suggest he isn't going to replace the goals we lack either.

    So this signing still means we need another striker.
    He's an attacking midfielder, not an out and out 25 goal a season Striker.

    2013-14: 22 goals/16 assists (38) in 37 apps (Goal/Assist every 0.9 games)

    2014-15: 10 goals/12 assists (22) in 36 apps (Goal/assist every 1.6 games)

    TOTALS: 32 goals/28 assists (60) in 73 apps (Goal/assist every 1.2 games).
    Huuhmhmhmhmmm. Come at me bro.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #79  
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,620
    Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    Little surprised with this, according to many fans on here Ings and Milner where it for the window and FSG would not be investing money this window, even more so with BR in charge.



    Liverpool FC 360 ‏@LFC_360 7 mins7 minutes ago
    "#LFC representatives are expected to fly in today to talk to Inter chairman, Erick Thohir. Kovacic is poised."

    Kova, couti and firm = mouthwatering
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #80  
    MacedonianRed is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamsmyth View Post
    Not sure about the better player. Depay is a cracking player from what I have seen of him last season. Not saying one is better than the other this season will show it but lets not get carried away thinking Depay is not a good player because he most certainly is. If we had signed him and Firmino. Wow I would have actually been really positive about the start of the season (unheard of at any time).
    Firmino is a better developed player than Depay ... Not to mention the world of difference in their mentality and attitude ... I have no doubt that we got the better player ...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #81  
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    20,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda In A Skoda View Post
    He's an attacking midfielder, not an out and out 25 goal a season Striker.

    2013-14: 22 goals/16 assists (38) in 37 apps (Goal/Assist every 0.9 games)

    2014-15: 10 goals/12 assists (22) in 36 apps (Goal/assist every 1.6 games)

    TOTALS: 32 goals/28 assists (60) in 73 apps (Goal/assist every 1.2 games).
    Nice stats ... very happy with this.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #82  
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    20,977
    Quote Originally Posted by MacedonianRed View Post
    Firmino is a better developed player than Depay ... Not to mention the world of difference in their mentality and attitude ... I have no doubt that we got the better player ...
    Agreed 100%
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #83  
    liverpool19734 is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    10,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamsmyth View Post
    Not sure about the better player. Depay is a cracking player from what I have seen of him last season. Not saying one is better than the other this season will show it but lets not get carried away thinking Depay is not a good player because he most certainly is. If we had signed him and Firmino. Wow I would have actually been really positive about the start of the season (unheard of at any time).
    Well as of right now Firminio has more experience and is i feel slightly a better player. But he is 2 years older than Depay. Depay will probably will be better than Roberto in a couple of years.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #84  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,981
    Quote Originally Posted by MacedonianRed View Post
    Are you seriously moaning about this deal?

    By the way, whatever Man Utd offered for Firmino was obviously not enough, since he is a LFC player now ... Like I already said on the other thread, we tricked them nicely into paying £31 million for Depay, and we got the better player for less money ...
    No, I think its a good signing. Quality player. We seemed to have overpaid for him compared to what City and United offered for him.. Is there something wrong with saying that?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #85  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,999
    Quote Originally Posted by SriHanuman View Post
    Liverpool FC 360 ‏@LFC_360 7 mins7 minutes ago
    "#LFC representatives are expected to fly in today to talk to Inter chairman, Erick Thohir. Kovacic is poised."
    Hey, this guy says the same. But surely this is way too expensive?

    Fabrizio Romano ‏@FabrizioRomano
    #Liverpool re-started talks with #Inter for Mateo #Kovacic. #Inter asked something aroung 30MÄ for the Croatian. #LFC

    We need the rest for a striker I think. Borini leaving for sure.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #86  
    MacedonianRed is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,996
    Quote Originally Posted by liverpool19734 View Post
    We will probably use him as a winger, not as a striker. So i see it as a Sterling improvement for 20m less. But he is a very flexible player which is good for us.
    Well, the moves we have made so far suggest that we are going for the 4-4-2 diamond again, so I won't be surprised if we use Firmino as 1 of the 2 forwards, with Coutinho playing behind them at the tip of the diamond ...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #87  
    Yoda In A Skoda is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,637
    Quote Originally Posted by SriHanuman View Post
    Liverpool FC 360 ‏@LFC_360 7 mins7 minutes ago
    "#LFC representatives are expected to fly in today to talk to Inter chairman, Erick Thohir. Kovacic is poised."

    Kova, couti and firm = mouthwatering
    Where would he fit in?

    Unless Kovacic is to replace Gerrard?
    Huuhmhmhmhmmm. Come at me bro.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #88  
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,620
    Quote Originally Posted by liverpool19734 View Post
    Well as of right now Firminio has more experience and is i feel slightly a better player. But he is 2 years older than Depay. Depay will probably will be better than Roberto in a couple of years.
    In 2 years depay will join de Gea at real Madrid
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #89  
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    20,977
    Quote Originally Posted by LChristina View Post
    Hey, this guy says the same. But surely this is way too expensive?

    Fabrizio Romano ‏@FabrizioRomano
    #Liverpool re-started talks with #Inter for Mateo #Kovacic. #Inter asked something aroung 30M€ for the Croatian. #LFC

    We need the rest for a striker I think. Borini leaving for sure.
    Kovacic and a great striker and we're close to being special again and a side that can look at top 4 imo ...

    Get them done fast then spend the summer offloading some dross and we could end up spending a modest amount.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #90  
    Yoda In A Skoda is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,637
    Quote Originally Posted by livrule View Post
    Nice stats ... very happy with this.
    He's banging them in for Brazil as well.

    Just think how much this guy would be if he was English?
    Huuhmhmhmhmmm. Come at me bro.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •