Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official - Liverpool complete Firmino signing

Yoda In A Skoda is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by fowlers2atgrayskull View Post
    We've done this before (paired players up from the same country)

Coates was brought in for Suarez.

Pretty much the biggest factor in a player not settling is if his family is unhappy.
    What's not to love over here?

Sometimes sunny, mostly dull and can get cold.
    Huuhmhmhmhmmm. Come at me bro.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by stevo0573 View Post
    Under bidding and over paying seems to be our problem.
    We used to overpay for mediocre english players and underbid for foreign talent that goes.to chelsky and similar clubs, where.does firmino fit?

If Sterling is sold that's 20 million we need to reinvest in the first team. We've already spent a lot now.

so happy to see this news couldn't believe my eyes at 7-30am this morning I've been banging on about this lad for nearly 2 years think we will frighten defences in the prem with lfc (lallana,firmino,coutinho) in the team next season

Quote Originally Posted by LChristina View Post
    If Sterling is sold that's 20 million we need to reinvest in the first team. We've already spent a lot now.
    Part of the fee goes to qpr

I haven't seen him play and only just this morning actually knew what he looked like.

From a playing style perspective, we do seem to have quite a lot of players who like to play "in the hole" or across the attacking three, in Coutinho, Sterling (although he's off to City), Lallana, Ibe, Markovic.

Obviously we required a replacement for Sterling, Ibe is very raw and young, and Markovic isn't good enough, so it's a signing we needed to make.

But he doesn't seem to be the focal point for the attack we need, and 10 goals last season would suggest he isn't going to replace the goals we lack either.

So this signing still means we need another striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Part of the fee goes to qpr
    I know, if city bids 30 or 40, we'll probably have around 20 to actually spend? I think we're not done yet.

Best thing about shopping early is that we get everyone together for preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    We used to overpay for mediocre english players and underbid for foreign talent that goes.to chelsky and similar clubs, where.does firmino fit?
    He fits in the first team as a game changer who we needed to pay top money to secure. Forget about the price, we have signed a player on the radar of other top clubs, this has to be considered a success. Hopefully he will light up the Premier league next season, if we do well, he will of been worth every penny of £30m

Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    Little surprised with this, according to many fans on here Ings and Milner where it for the window and FSG would not be investing money this window, even more so with BR in charge.
    If we sell Sterling for close to £50m would that explain it to you?

Quote Originally Posted by ChinChinPipPip View Post
    Very good!

But what's he like at wing back?
    Wing back, centre back... Who cares... He's Brazilian with a cool name ! Ha

If we're to spend a lot, paying for a Brazil national team player is the right way. Please don't hate on this, this is a good thing and it shows FSG wants to improve our team.

This guy can finish.... One of the most lacking qualities in our side at present, regardless of position.
    When Sturridge does not play, if not for Coutinho taking audacious shots, we seem toothless...

This guy offers exactly what we need, a player confident in his finishing and is capable of putting them away from all angles.
    I see him more a Suarez replacement than Sterling...
    We started using Sterling as a Suarez replacement, but he could not finish. This guy will finish.

Excellent news and i hope he settles in and he can take a step forward instead of the dross we have been signing in previous seasons. I wonder if BR had a say in this or has he been told to shut up becuase he is awful at transfers.

Anyway on wards and upwards, lets see if Bacca and Rondon materialise as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MacedonianRed View Post
    Are you seriously moaning about this deal?

By the way, whatever Man Utd offered for Firmino was obviously not enough, since he is a LFC player now ... Like I already said on the other thread, we tricked them nicely into paying £31 million for Depay, and we got the better player for less money ...
    Not sure about the better player. Depay is a cracking player from what I have seen of him last season. Not saying one is better than the other this season will show it but lets not get carried away thinking Depay is not a good player because he most certainly is. If we had signed him and Firmino. Wow I would have actually been really positive about the start of the season (unheard of at any time).

liverpool19734 is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon7 View Post
    This guy can finish.... One of the most lacking qualities in our side at present, regardless of position.
    When Sturridge does not play, if not for Coutinho taking audacious shots, we seem toothless...

This guy offers exactly what we need, a player confident in his finishing and is capable of putting them away from all angles.
    I see him more a Suarez replacement than Sterling...
    We started using Sterling as a Suarez replacement, but he could not finish. This guy will finish.
    We will probably use him as a winger, not as a striker. So i see it as a Sterling improvement for 20m less. But he is a very flexible player which is good for us.

If we're to spend a lot, paying for a Brazil national team player is the right way. Please don't hate on this, this is a good thing and it shows FSG wants to improve our team.
    Very true.

He's the sort of signing we needed when Suarez left and CL was happening for us ...

Instead we were raiding Southampton for half the team.

If Sterling is sold that's 20 million we need to reinvest in the first team.
    We've already spent a lot now.
    If we had a 20 million budget before sales then we would still have sterling money and other sales to spend. We could still spend another 50m I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by thespeedoghost View Post
    I haven't seen him play and only just this morning actually knew what he looked like.

From a playing style perspective, we do seem to have quite a lot of players who like to play "in the hole" or across the attacking three, in Coutinho, Sterling (although he's off to City), Lallana, Ibe, Markovic.

Obviously we required a replacement for Sterling, Ibe is very raw and young, and Markovic isn't good enough, so it's a signing we needed to make.

But he doesn't seem to be the focal point for the attack we need, and 10 goals last season would suggest he isn't going to replace the goals we lack either.

So this signing still means we need another striker.
    He's an attacking midfielder, not an out and out 25 goal a season Striker.

2013-14: 22 goals/16 assists (38) in 37 apps (Goal/Assist every 0.9 games)

2014-15: 10 goals/12 assists (22) in 36 apps (Goal/assist every 1.6 games)

TOTALS: 32 goals/28 assists (60) in 73 apps (Goal/assist every 1.2 games).

Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    Little surprised with this, according to many fans on here Ings and Milner where it for the window and FSG would not be investing money this window, even more so with BR in charge.

Liverpool FC 360 ‏@LFC_360 7 mins7 minutes ago
    "#LFC representatives are expected to fly in today to talk to Inter chairman, Erick Thohir. Kovacic is poised."

Kova, couti and firm = mouthwatering

MacedonianRed is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamsmyth View Post
    Not sure about the better player. Depay is a cracking player from what I have seen of him last season. Not saying one is better than the other this season will show it but lets not get carried away thinking Depay is not a good player because he most certainly is. If we had signed him and Firmino. Wow I would have actually been really positive about the start of the season (unheard of at any time).
    Firmino is a better developed player than Depay ... Not to mention the world of difference in their mentality and attitude ... I have no doubt that we got the better player ...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda In A Skoda View Post
    He's an attacking midfielder, not an out and out 25 goal a season Striker.

2013-14: 22 goals/16 assists (38) in 37 apps (Goal/Assist every 0.9 games)

2014-15: 10 goals/12 assists (22) in 36 apps (Goal/assist every 1.6 games)

TOTALS: 32 goals/28 assists (60) in 73 apps (Goal/assist every 1.2 games).
    Nice stats ... very happy with this.

Firmino is a better developed player than Depay ... Not to mention the world of difference in their mentality and attitude ... I have no doubt that we got the better player ...
    Agreed 100%

liverpool19734 is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamsmyth View Post
    Well as of right now Firminio has more experience and is i feel slightly a better player. But he is 2 years older than Depay. Depay will probably will be better than Roberto in a couple of years.

Are you seriously moaning about this deal?

By the way, whatever Man Utd offered for Firmino was obviously not enough, since he is a LFC player now ... Like I already said on the other thread, we tricked them nicely into paying £31 million for Depay, and we got the better player for less money ...
    No, I think its a good signing. Quality player. We seemed to have overpaid for him compared to what City and United offered for him.. Is there something wrong with saying that?

Quote Originally Posted by SriHanuman View Post
    "#LFC representatives are expected to fly in today to talk to Inter chairman, Erick Thohir. Kovacic is poised."
    Hey, this guy says the same. But surely this is way too expensive?

Fabrizio Romano ‏@FabrizioRomano
    #Liverpool re-started talks with #Inter for Mateo #Kovacic. #Inter asked something aroung 30MÄ for the Croatian. #LFC

We need the rest for a striker I think. Borini leaving for sure.

MacedonianRed is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by liverpool19734 View Post
    We will probably use him as a winger, not as a striker. So i see it as a Sterling improvement for 20m less. But he is a very flexible player which is good for us.
    Well, the moves we have made so far suggest that we are going for the 4-4-2 diamond again, so I won't be surprised if we use Firmino as 1 of the 2 forwards, with Coutinho playing behind them at the tip of the diamond ...

Quote Originally Posted by SriHanuman View Post

Kova, couti and firm = mouthwatering
    Where would he fit in?

Unless Kovacic is to replace Gerrard?

Quote Originally Posted by liverpool19734 View Post
    Well as of right now Firminio has more experience and is i feel slightly a better player. But he is 2 years older than Depay. Depay will probably will be better than Roberto in a couple of years.
    In 2 years depay will join de Gea at real Madrid

Hey, this guy says the same. But surely this is way too expensive?

Fabrizio Romano ‏@FabrizioRomano
    #Liverpool re-started talks with #Inter for Mateo #Kovacic. #Inter asked something aroung 30M€ for the Croatian. #LFC

We need the rest for a striker I think. Borini leaving for sure.
    Kovacic and a great striker and we're close to being special again and a side that can look at top 4 imo ...

Get them done fast then spend the summer offloading some dross and we could end up spending a modest amount.

Quote Originally Posted by livrule View Post
    Nice stats ... very happy with this.
    He's banging them in for Brazil as well.

Just think how much this guy would be if he was English?