Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: **Query Your Infractions in Here. Polite Requests Only Please.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    sometimes you need to take a step back and think properly
    Couldn't agree more, but perhaps a few of those whining about infractions and bans should read and heed...........................
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Couldn't agree more, but perhaps a few of those whining about infractions and bans should read and heed...........................
    I've accepted the fact it's a pick and choose mentality, so no more arguments from me.

LJOC, Why was I banned yesterday? What exactly did I do wrong after you warned myself and bear?

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrams View Post
    LJOC, Why was I banned yesterday? What exactly did I do wrong after you warned myself and bear?
    Morning Scrams,

It was a case of you not letting things be, I warned you both, twice and you had to have one last little dig, completely unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Morning Scrams,

It was a case of you not letting things be, I warned you both, twice and you had to have one last little dig, completely unnecessary.
    Morning.

I can't recall that. I stopped straight away. I responded to another poster saying that he had no argument because his facts were wrong and I was banned. If I'm wron could you point out the dig please?

Morning.

I can't recall that. I stopped straight away. I responded to another poster saying that he had no argument because his facts were wrong and I was banned. If I'm wron could you point out the dig please?
    You didn't stop straight away.

My 2nd warning is here http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/thread...4#post11397184 your next post, now deleted, was carrying on the argument

You didn't stop straight away.

My 2nd warning is here http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/thread...4#post11397184 your next post, now deleted, was carrying on the argument
    I did and I even apologised to you and told you, jokingly, not to ban me. The only response I made after the warning was to another poster saying that "bear never had an argument as his facts were wrong"

I don't see how that's provoking a user considering bear continued with the debate long after I was banned.

Bear blatantly made a lie to provoke me yet he wasn't called out on this. When the lie was proved wrong I was banned for provoking him. How does that work? I'd really like to see where I'm going wrong because I'm tired of getting banned

I did and I even apologised to you and told you, jokingly, not to ban me. The only response I made after the warning was to another poster saying that "bear never had an argument as his facts were wrong"

I don't see how that's provoking a user considering bear continued with the debate long after I was banned.

Bear blatantly made a lie to provoke me yet he wasn't called out on this. When the lie was proved wrong I was banned for provoking him. How does that work? I'd really like to see where I'm going wrong because I'm tired of getting banned
    Incorrect, your only post after my warning was quoting that warning with the following

I'm sorry but please understand that he made a blatant lie. My bad FOR blowing my trumpet in the first place. Apologise. LJOC he claimed committe wasn't in place when Sturridge was bought and also claimed that I said they came in August. Both lies.
    What the argument was is irrelevant, I asked you both, twice, to stop, one of you did, one of you didn't.

Incorrect, your only post after my warning was quoting that warning with the following

What the argument was is irrelevant, I asked you both, twice, to stop, one of you did, one of you didn't.

So how is that provoking if I apologised? I was explaining to you why it started in the first place. Are you telling me that bear never made a reference to the debate after the warning? Can you explain how that's provoking a user?

So how is that provoking if I apologised? I was explaining to you why it started in the first place. Are you telling me that bear never made a reference to the debate after the warning? Can you explain how that's provoking a user?
    I can't put it any clearer.

I asked you both to stop, you carried on with one final dig, which was both seeking to provoke and refusing to heed my request.

It doesn't matter what happened to anyone else, that is a growing problem on here.

The "Why did I get banned but he didn't?" attitude is a poor one, be responsible for your own posting.

I can't put it any clearer.

I asked you both to stop, you carried on with one final dig, which was both seeking to provoke and refusing to heed my request.

It doesn't matter what happened to anyone else, that is a growing problem on here.

The "Why did I get banned but he didn't?" attitude is a poor one, be responsible for your own posting.

I don't really care if he never was banned; the point is that I did indeed stop the conversation. I was explaining to you why it had started and apologised for the debate in the first place. I never had any digs at the poster.

You'll deny it but there's a clear bias towards me when posting. How on earth was that having a dig if I was being so polite and apologetic to yourself? I'd understand if I 'd carried on the debate with bear or even made a derogatory comment towards him but that wasn't the case. Can you point out what you specifically deemed as a "dig"

I don't really care if he never was banned; the point is that I did indeed stop the conversation. I was explaining to you why it had started and apologised for the debate in the first place. I never had any digs at the poster.

You'll deny it but there's a clear bias towards me when posting. How on earth was that having a dig if I was being so polite and apologetic to yourself? I'd understand if I 'd carried on the debate with bear or even made a derogatory comment towards him but that wasn't the case. Can you point out what you specifically deemed as a "dig"
    There is no point trying to explain anything if you think there is a bias towards you.

There is no point trying to explain anything if you think there is a bias towards you.
    It'll be better to explain rather then to let this strained relationship continue.

It'll be better to explain rather then to let this strained relationship continue.
    I'm done.

I suggest you two avoid each other because if there is a repeat of yesterday then there will be bans handed out, and not just 24hr ones.

I'm done.

I suggest you two avoid each other because if there is a repeat of yesterday then there will be bans handed out, and not just 24hr ones.
    Says it all really. Our relationship will remain strained

I get banned at the drop of a hat, while some posters post solely to offend all day every day and get nothing.
    I realise that you will be less harsh to people you like and your friends, but its not on really.

The same rules should be applicable to everyone.

If you don't break the rules you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ball-Winner View Post
    If you don't break the rules you should be fine.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvonuk View Post
    I get banned at the drop of a hat, while some posters post solely to offend all day every day and get nothing.
    I realise that you will be less harsh to people you like and your friends, but its not on really.

You haven't been banned since May, so well done on that.

And the other stuff, as much as you think is true, just isn't.

We don't see every post and rely on people using the report facility, once done we will act on it if necessary.

We don't see every post and rely on people using the report facility, once done we will act on it if necessary.
    I've only used the report thing once, when a Manc showed up. The ignore button is there which I never use anyway. However, I've been given infractions for disguised swear words and there's multiple members do it, so there needs to be some rule which applies to all regards that.

kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KopRoyal View Post
    I've only used the report thing once, when a Manc showed up. The ignore button is there which I never use anyway. However, I've been given infractions for disguised swear words and there's multiple members do it, so there needs to be some rule which applies to all regards that.
    There is. It was gone into here...

http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/thread...yms-homophones

The thread is now closed but it covered, swearing, avoiding the filter etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvonuk View Post

It's more about perception. For example, I could say LJOC is being a patronising so and so for saying well done on not getting banned since May. Unfortunately, you're not allowed to debate decisions. You will simply be banned if you write anything considered remotely offensive, or even slightly questioning of the moderation. Oh, and if you're not in their crew.

You don't have to act on everything reported. You could use some common sense sometimes and realise not everything needs deletion, or a ban. It's pathetic because even something as harmless as this, is liable to get me banned these days.

bilsland is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    You don't have to act on everything reported. You could use some common sense sometimes and realise not everything needs deletion, or a ban. It's pathetic because even something as harmless as this, is liable to get me banned these days.
    You can say all that but it doesn't make it true. We don't act on every reported post, give us some credit please. You would never be banned for this post either. . You need to remember that there are two routes to getting banned.
    1) a straight red ...if you like where the post is so bad we are left with no choice , or
    2) an accumulation of points which will lead up to a ban for repeated unacceptable behaviour.

In the case of the second action it may well seem as though you are receiving a ban for a reason that appears to be less than ban worthy , but it will be because your latest infraction took you over the top points wise. I hope that explains things a bit better.
    We really don't have an agenda, we don't have favourites and if we miss things it's because we haven't seen them as we all have other jobs and lives . We are not perfect but as volunteers we do the best we can.

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    It's not. I just checked all of your infractions back to the beginning of September, and every one of them is for offensive or abusive comments to other users. You had a ban because your points accumulated up to 24hrs off, and on your return you continued to do it again, so your points are now close to another one.

Just some friendly advice, but it would make sense to review your own posting style before attacking mods. If you (or anyone) keeps doing this and not getting the message, you'll be allowed to spend less time on these forums and repeated attacks on moderation (especially misrepresenting mods' actions to undermine them) will lead to permanent removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    It's not. I just checked all of your infractions back to the beginning of September, and every one of them is for offensive or abusive comments to other users. You had a ban because your points accumulated up to 24hrs off, and on your return you continued to do it again, so your points are now close to another one.

Just some friendly advice, but it would make sense to review your own posting style before attacking mods. If you (or anyone) keeps doing this and not getting the message, you'll be allowed to spend less time on these forums and repeated attacks on moderation (especially misrepresenting mods' actions to undermine them) will lead to permanent removal.
    But I know it's not my posting style Jannno. Considering I very rarely get banned, it would make more sense to look at the people I'm interacting with, and what I'm actually saying. Friendly advice back at you.

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    But I know it's not my posting style Jannno. Considering I very rarely get banned, it would make more sense to look at the people I'm interacting with, and what I'm actually saying. Friendly advice back at you.
    Your last few infractions:

It's exceedingly arrogant of you
    hence my belief you're a child, or a bit slow
    Sorry mate, tell me all about that clown college degree again?
    Referring to others in the conversation:
    No, they are braindead. It's been months, it's absolutely *********** ridiculous to keep going in circles. To not understand the points being made for this long, it's either arrogance of the highest accord, or idiocy, or they are children. Simple as that.
    Why are you incapable of understanding the points being made? Of course you get called a troll, because the alternative is that you are a child or were dropped on your head multiple times.
    Hilariously, I thought **** it I'll have a look. Didn't need to go past the first page. Idiotic.
    Incidentally, others you were arguing with in those conversations were also infracted when they dished out insults or put-downs. One was banned before you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Your last few infractions:

Referring to others in the conversation:

Incidentally, others you were arguing with in those conversations were also infracted when they dished out insults or put-downs. One was banned before you were.
    It's still not representative of my posting style, digging up the comments only makes me question you more. I agree a few of those are OTT, but in what world is it deemed offensive to call a view point arrogant? Why can't I call something idiotic if I think that's what it is?

Basically, it boils down to perception as I've said countless times. I can't help it if you and others are that easily offended. I apologise for any offence caused by people could do with lightening up.

It's more about perception. For example, I could say LJOC is being a patronising so and so for saying well done on not getting banned since May. Unfortunately, you're not allowed to debate decisions. You will simply be banned if you write anything considered remotely offensive, or even slightly questioning of the moderation. Oh, and if you're not in their crew.
    I'd love to meet this crew someday, really would.

Correct, and if you read my post again that is what I said.

Why are you incapable of understanding the points being made?
    If you truly said that perhaps you should have a long hard think about it in relation to what mods keep telling you. I'm sure if they had an agenda against you, or others, you'd be permabanned since they could (if what you said had any substance WHATSOEVER) claim you kept on and on and on, and they didn't see other posts......................

Bottom line is this is one of those things with absolutely no way of proving one side of it or the other as right, if it were a lawsuit it wouldn't even get to court as your argument is as subjective as you claim the mods are..........

I've said it many a time on here, if people don't want to get banned then stop casting aspersions and insults, thinly veiled or otherwise. I was looking at my profile earlier to see if I could change my name, I wondered about the last infraction more as to what I'd actually posted, but why get all het up about it - seriously? You tell the mods to 'lighten up', I think you could be irony personified.

I did post a thread just to make a point to mods who gave me an infraction for reporting a post! I mean jaysus, an infraction for trying to help them, but I didn't wage a war of words on them, accuse them of bias, being incompetent, and half the insulting posts you see in this section alone. I see some of those who come on here in a rage and argue the toss about anything and everything, I can easily see why they get infractions.
    People will believe what they want to believe