Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: **Query Your Infractions in Here. Polite Requests Only Please.

Grotton - just so you know, its now a week since all this started and I still ain't happy
    I disagree then and I disagree now.....
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 2-1-17 at 11:37. Reason: keep it civil
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Also reporting posts that breach rules on 'trolling' which are in the T&Cs and which are off-topic does not constitute a misuse of that facility.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Also reporting posts that breach rules on 'trolling' which are in the T&Cs and which are off-topic does not constitute a misuse of that facility.
    Ain't done that - next

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Ain't done that - next
    I wasn't talking about you.

I wasn't talking about you.
    Sorry and thank god for that

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    You don't need to inform us whether something constitutes trolling, let us do our job. You gave as good as you got leading up to that post, and what was left after editing was not insulting or particularly offensive.

I refer you to the relevant of the terms and conditions, which I've just had another read of.

Trolling

We want a forum where minority or unpopular opinions can be voiced and we will protect users who put their opinions forward in a reasonable way from the prejudices of majority opinion. Whilst we'll support your right to a different point of view, we won't stand by to allow trolling of other users by anyone who posts only to provoke or insult other users. It's up to you to ensure you aren't using personal insults, aggressive or insulting language, if you're considered to be trolling the boards your access will be removed.
    The posts that were reported were clearly in breach of this rule. To bring those to your attention is using the report facility correctly and for its intended purpose. Infracting me for doing so was inappropriate, therefore. And that is especially in light of the fact that no action was taken against the poster who was in breach of that section of the terms and conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    You don't need to inform us whether something constitutes trolling, let us do our job. You gave as good as you got leading up to that post, and what was left after editing was not insulting or particularly offensive.
    The rule isn't about whether it's insulting or offensive. It's insulting or provoking. The posts in question were clearly the second, as I said in my reports.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Grotton - just so you know, its now a week since all this started and I still ain't happy
    I disagree then and I disagree now.....

Ron...if you want Tweepie to look at your infraction again, then make a polite enquiry to that effect.

If you continue to do it in this manner, you aren't going to get anywhere.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

I refer you to the relevant of the terms and conditions, which I've just had another read of.

The posts that were reported were clearly in breach of this rule. To bring those to your attention is using the report facility correctly and for its intended purpose. Infracting me for doing so was inappropriate, therefore. And that is especially in light of the fact that no action was taken against the poster who was in breach of that section of the terms and conditions.
    Suggest you drop it at this point. Quoting the t&c s at us makes no difference, given they you were both making comments at each other leading up to that. Reporting again to get it deleted was the inappropriate use. Hence my reply above and the closure of that discussion to stop it continuing. It 's dealt with now.

Suggest you drop it at this point. Quoting the t&c s at us makes no difference, given they you were both making comments at each other leading up to that. Reporting again to get it deleted was the inappropriate use. Hence my reply above and the closure of that discussion to stop it continuing. It 's dealt with now.
    Jannno, there is a poster in that thread who has admitted to picking on me as a hobby and a guilty pleasure (in his own words). That is in breach of the terms and conditions (and citing those to you should absolutely make a difference). The things he is saying are clearly an attempt to provoke (and in any case they're off topic as the thread was about Oxlade Chamberlain and not about me). If I reply, it's because I know on some level that you aren't going to step in. So you've left him under the impression that his behaviour (which has been brought to your attention on multiple occasions) is acceptable. To then say that it's been 'dealt with' is fundamentally dishonest.

Jannno, there is a poster in that thread who has admitted to picking on me as a hobby and a guilty pleasure (in his own words). That is in breach of the terms and conditions (and citing those to you should absolutely make a difference). The things he is saying are clearly an attempt to provoke (and in any case they're off topic as the thread was about Oxlade Chamberlain and not about me). If I reply, it's because I know on some level that you aren't going to step in. So you've left him under the impression that his behaviour (which has been brought to your attention on multiple occasions) is acceptable. To then say that it's been 'dealt with' is fundamentally dishonest.
    We can definitely look at whether it's a sustained and deliberate habit to single you out for provocation and will get back to you
    on that when we've had time to have a look at discuss it. If needed we'll take action. Reporting that in here is a better way to get us to investigate something sustained than taking the situation into your own hands and dishing it out yourself. Please bear with. It may take time as we have to go through posting records.

I ain't dropping it - I have been wronged - my response is coz I have been wronged.................
    , please sort it out - Thank you in advance
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 2-1-17 at 12:08.

I ain't dropping it - I have been wronged - my response is coz I have been wronged.................
    Then make a polite request for Tweepie to review the decision, rather than making inflammatory and insulting remarks.

Otherwise the decision will not be reviewed and you are likely to receive further infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Then make a polite request for Tweepie to review the decision, rather than making inflammatory and insulting remarks.

Otherwise the decision will not be reviewed and you are likely to receive further infractions.
    Grotton -Please - you need to review your remarks and infractions too - I was wronged and someone needs to start the ball rolling....
    Cause all I am gonna do is go round in circles
    Like I said Tweepie ran off and didn't answer the 1st time - in fact Tweepie seems to have left you holding the nappy
    Things have escalated and need diffusing

The me and you wouldn't of happened if it had been dealt with properly at the start - 3 days it sat there, with no reply, nothing, in fact forgotten - now we have WW3

We can definitely look at whether it's a sustained and deliberate habit to single you out for provocation and will get back to you
    on that when we've had time to have a look at discuss it. If needed we'll take action. Reporting that in here is a better way to get us to investigate something sustained than taking the situation into your own hands and dishing it out yourself. Please bear with. It may take time as we have to go through posting records.
    I would be grateful if you could do that. And I will be glad to cooperate any way I can.

Tweepie - if you are on, or next on - please review the incident of whenever it was now -
    Your infraction said I was looking for a response, baiting - clearly that is in error, as one no one until you came along had replied....

Jannno just fyi, I seem to remember the WBA match thread from this season was rife for it. The Benteke to Palace thread also, and there are at least a couple of others where I can remember the posts quite vividly but can't quite remember what the thread was originally about.

Grotton -Please - you need to review your remarks and infractions too - I was wronged and someone needs to start the ball rolling....
    Cause all I am gonna do is go round in circles
    Like I said Tweepie ran off and didn't answer the 1st time - in fact Tweepie seems to have left you holding the nappy
    Things have escalated and need diffusing

The me and you wouldn't of happened if it had been dealt with properly at the start - 3 days it sat there, with no reply, nothing, in fact forgotten - now we have WW3
    Not all the mods are online all the time...all have jobs and real lives outside of here...many have had gruelling shifts to work while we have been making merry.

If Tweepie doesn't respond to your request above, in the next couple of days, for whatever reason, you can ask Jannno, politely, to make a call on it.

Last edited by Jannno; 2-1-17 at 13:09. Reason: Seeking to provoke

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Not all the mods are online all the time...all have jobs and real lives outside of here...many have had gruelling shifts to work while we have been making merry.

If Tweepie doesn't respond to your request above, in the next couple of days, for whatever reason, you can ask Jannno, politely, to make a call on it.
    I know Tweepie has been on - seen posts - I see another escalation - oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Darrren1 View Post
    Jannno, I asked you politely for a favour. How is that 'seeking to provoke'? Provoke who exactly?

http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/thread...se-from-page-8

All of the posts by the poster in question in this thread are relevant too. Show that it's been going on for too long now and needs sorting.

I got three posts infracted by GrottonRed. Can someone other than him / her explain to me why?

First one I told a user I was wasting my time replying to them and the mod in question. Second one I asked why the mod felt they could delete my post and the third was for doing something similar. I don't want a reply from the mod in question but would like another to please explain what rules I broke.

Ah, KTT, I see you've just jumped onboard the infraction train too... so if someone other than those two mods can explain what rules I broke for the first post to be deleted that'll be swell.
    Obviously I know you're going to hide behind the 'refusing to heed the mods' rule now for the infractions but what rules did the first deleted post break?
    Last edited by PAISLEYISNO1; 2-1-17 at 19:50.

kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PAISLEYISNO1 View Post
    I got three posts infracted by GrottonRed. Can someone other than him / her explain to me why?

First one I told a user I was wasting my time replying to them and the mod in question. Second one I asked why the mod felt they could delete my post and the third was for doing something similar. I don't want a reply from the mod in question but would like another to please explain what rules I broke.
    From the Ts and Cs.....

Whatever your opinion on a moderating decision it's not permitted to abuse, insult or make snide assertions about the moderators or their decisions.

You told Grottonred that it must be nice to be able to delete posts he doesn't like (not why he deleted it) and that to me is clearly an insinuation that the mod was acting out of self-interest. That was the part of the post that received the penalty from GR. You then displayed your disapproval, in the forum thread, of that decision.

Not liking mod decisions is normal however it is, as is so often the case, not the actual disapproval but the way that disapproval is displayed that attracts the infractions.

It's up to me to respond to the query...if you are certain you don't want my response then I assume you are withdrawing your query...

However, you are getting it anyway.

We had the mod mate comment, which was correctly deleted.

You then had another go over that deletion.

You then received another infraction from another mod for having another go...and posted yet another argumentative response to that infraction.

If you want Jannno or LJOC to review the decision then I will let them know.

Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post
    From the Ts and Cs.....

Whatever your opinion on a moderating decision it's not permitted to abuse, insult or make snide assertions about the moderators or their decisions.

You told Grottonred that it must be nice to be able to delete posts he doesn't like (not why he deleted it) and that to me is clearly an insinuation that the mod was acting out of self-interest. That was the part of the post that received the penalty from GR. You then displayed your disapproval, in the forum thread, of that decision.

Not liking mod decisions is normal however it is, as is so often the case, not the actual disapproval but the way that disapproval is displayed that attracts the infractions.
    I'll accept the infractions for questioning a mod's decision, it's a bit Bavaria 1939 but hey that's what we signed up to.

It's my opinion that the first post was deleted out of self-interest... What rules did it break?

I'll accept the infractions for questioning a mod's decision, it's a bit Bavaria 1939 but hey that's what we signed up to.

It's my opinion that the first post was deleted out of self-interest... What rules did it break?
    The one I quoted. Its a snide remark about the decision a mod made, there's nothing more to say about it. If you don't think it was, well there's nothing further to add because I do.

The rules may be draconian to you but its a plain fact that the vast majority of users of this forum are able to operate within them.

Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post
    The one I quoted. Its a snide remark about the decision a mod made, there's nothing more to say about it. If you don't think it was, well there's nothing further to add because I do.

The rules may be draconian to you but its a plain fact that the vast majority of users of this forum are able to operate within them.
    How can it be a sinde remark about a decision a mod made if he hadn't made any decisions at that stage?

I said 'mod mate' what's wrong with that?
    Do they not have any friends?

Is it offensive?

How can it be a sinde remark about a decision a mod made if he hadn't made any decisions at that stage?

I said 'mod mate' what's wrong with that?
    Do they not have any friends?

Is it offensive?
    I'm not being drawn into an extensive circular discussion with you on this, I've explained things quite clearly and patiently and have no time for chicanery such as 'do mods have any friends' as the context of the remark implies something completely different.

Thats it, now please drop it. I'm off to watch the darts and enjoy the rest of my evening as I've been here all afternoon since our match started. Thanks.