Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Results 961 to 985 of 985

Thread: **Query Your Infractions in Here. Polite Requests Only Please.

  1. #961  
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,365
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Believe it's been said before in here that you need to use the "contact us" function on the LFC website and find the best fit (website support/LFCTV)
    Lovely, thanks mate.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #962  
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    29
    I'd love to know why I, canookiewookie got banned, and the other two folks didn't? How is it I responded to a couple of their posts slagging me, and I am deemed to be the guilty one? I didn't initiate it. I made posts yesterday, and I find today Ive gotten "name called" for them. So I went and responded. We were all guilty of getting "a bit silly" as was put. Yet I get the only ban?

    Seems to me that its a bit skewed one way.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #963  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodster View Post
    I'd love to know why I, canookiewookie got banned, and the other two folks didn't? How is it I responded to a couple of their posts slagging me, and I am deemed to be the guilty one? I didn't initiate it. I made posts yesterday, and I find today Ive gotten "name called" for them. So I went and responded. We were all guilty of getting "a bit silly" as was put. Yet I get the only ban?

    Seems to me that its a bit skewed one way.
    You got points from me last night for escalating a situation that I'd asked posters to refrain from continuing.

    That put you on the cusp of a ban.

    You then started again today...if you felt comments were personal you should have reported them.

    You decided to react, so another infraction was inevitable.

    You are becoming a bit of a serial offender...so you are going to see less leeway for your indiscretions.

    I don't know about today, both other posters, last night, managed to stray on, or just over the line.

    You, however, smashed through the line like a Challenger Tank.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #964  
    kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    21,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodster View Post
    I'd love to know why I, canookiewookie got banned, and the other two folks didn't? How is it I responded to a couple of their posts slagging me, and I am deemed to be the guilty one? I didn't initiate it. I made posts yesterday, and I find today Ive gotten "name called" for them. So I went and responded. We were all guilty of getting "a bit silly" as was put. Yet I get the only ban?

    Seems to me that its a bit skewed one way.
    I responded to a reported post and found your aggressively worded response to a quoted post. Your response was, as grottonred says, part of a trend of confrotational posting by yourself and so attracted an infraction.
    If you think someone is insulting you please report it but bear in mind if someone makes an offhand comment in response to another one you may end up shooting yourself in the foot if it seems you stirred things up in the first place.

    Also, you are now admitting to using a duplicate account to continue posting. This is forbidden.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #965  
    KeepTheFightForJustice is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    10,059
    Edit: Cba to get into it
    Last edited by KeepTheFightForJustice; 19-2-17 at 23:56.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #966  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    85,295
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheFightForJustice View Post
    Edit: Cba to get into it
    How was that an insult earlier?
    That was your question.


    You called someone an "absolute ball bag"

    That is quite clearly an insult.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #967  
    KeepTheFightForJustice is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    10,059
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    That was your question.


    You called someone an "absolute ball bag"

    That is quite clearly an insult.
    And I edited it because I cba with the discussion.

    I'm accepting the infraction, .......

    Maybe like Phil, an email will be sent.

    Have a good day
    Last edited by Jannno; 20-2-17 at 11:30. Reason: please leave out the personal slur
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #968  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    85,295
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheFightForJustice View Post
    And I edited it because I cba with the discussion.

    I'm accepting the infraction...

    Maybe like Phil, an email will be sent.

    Have a good day
    No I wasn't, but if it makes you feel better then you believe that.
    Last edited by Jannno; 20-2-17 at 11:30.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #969  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,084
    Yet again the mods have thrown out a false accusation at me, for being 'Insulting/abusive to other member(s)'. Could someone please have the courtesy the remind me what I wrote to gain this infraction and actually back up the accusation of me being 'Insulting/abusive to other member(s)'.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #970  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20,148
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscouse View Post
    Yet again the mods have thrown out a false accusation at me, for being 'Insulting/abusive to other member(s)'. Could someone please have the courtesy the remind me what I wrote to gain this infraction and actually back up the accusation of me being 'Insulting/abusive to other member(s)'.
    I've had a look at the post...you made a derogatory remark about another poster, which I'm not going to repeat here.

    Obvious breach of the T & Cs...hence the infraction.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #971  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,084
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    I've had a look at the post...you made a derogatory remark about another poster, which I'm not going to repeat here.

    Obvious breach of the T & Cs...hence the infraction.
    What derogatory remark? I refute that. That's the point of this thread, to query your infractions. If you're going to question people's intentions and integrity by calling them 'Insulting/abusive' the least you can do is back up that accusation. I don't recall writing anything 'obvious' that was 'Insulting/abusive', as a paying customer if you're going character assassinate me online the least you can do is clarify why, cheers.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #972  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20,148
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscouse View Post
    What derogatory remark? I refute that. That's the point of this thread, to query your infractions. If you're going to question people's intentions and integrity by calling them 'Insulting/abusive' the least you can do is back up that accusation. I don't recall writing anything 'obvious' that was 'Insulting/abusive' as a paying customer if you're going character assassinate me online the least you can do is clarify why, cheers.
    You've asked for clarification...you've had it.

    Move on.

    The matter is closed.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #973  
    MrDilkington is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19,422
    Why are we not allowed to mention certain nationalities ?
    It was niether racist nor xenophopbic.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #974  
    Darrren1 is online now Better tables than DFS
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18,685
    What is the 'completely inappropriate comment' that I'm supposed to have made?

    Genuinely puzzled by this.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #975  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    85,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrren1 View Post
    What is the 'completely inappropriate comment' that I'm supposed to have made?

    Genuinely puzzled by this.
    Your 'Operation Yewtree' comment.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #976  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20,148
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Why are we not allowed to mention certain nationalities ?
    It was niether racist nor xenophopbic.
    It's not "certain nationalities".

    Using the nationality of a poster, or whoever, as a stereotypical stick to beat them with... is not appropriate.

    No matter what the nationality is.

    (sorry for the late reply...I must have missed this).
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #977  
    MrDilkington is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19,422
    ...
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 14-3-17 at 20:54. Reason: off topic
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #978  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,947
    i was given 5 points yesterday, for being abusive, but in fairness it was me having a laugh, i called a member a "forum fascist" then preceeded to crack fascist related jokes , i found the whole thing hilarious but not offensive.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #979  
    Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    32,338
    ...I don't know what the staff room is or if that's a positive thing, I suppose it could be. My post was very polite as instructed by the thread. Maybe it could have been shared in staff room without being deleted?

    I definitely think there's some room for dialogue about the system which seems to pit moderators and posters against one another when there could be a system of working together. A culture of co-operation that would lead to less conflict and less confrontation.

    Everybody here is Liverpool fan you and I included. I think there could definitely be discussion of approach because the more tension created between people on the boards the more bans, the more people are upset with their bans, the more moderators feel they're under fire and it becomes cyclical.

    If any member of the staff room would like to hear my thoughts on improvements I'm happy to share in one of the forum feedback threads.
    Last edited by Coach791; 16-3-17 at 15:30. Reason: I've posted a copy of this to the staff room so mods can view it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #980  
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,790
    ...
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 16-3-17 at 15:05. Reason: quotes edited post
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #981  
    BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    39,530
    What did I receive a red card for?? MAPS is actually studying journalism in University, so why did you delete me talking about him being journalist?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #982  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20,148
    Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    What did I receive a red card for?? MAPS is actually studying journalism in University, so why did you delete me talking about him being journalist?
    It was an obvious personal put down done with (imo) intention to provoke.

    No need for it.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #983  
    BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    39,530
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    It was an obvious personal put down done with (imo) intention to provoke.

    No need for it.
    So you are admitting its just your opinion? What about a few posts earlier when paln-d said I was "waffling ****" isn't that a put down?? he didn't get a red card, but I did as usual I get singled out.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #984  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20,148
    Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    So you are admitting its just your opinion? What about a few posts earlier when paln-d said I was "waffling ****" isn't that a put down?? he didn't get a red card, but I did as usual I get singled out.
    You've had your answer.

    Leave it there.

    Thanks.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #985  
    BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    39,530
    ...
    Last edited by GrottonRed; Yesterday at 17:57. Reason: move on
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •