Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
Results 991 to 1,019 of 1019

Thread: **Query Your Infractions in Here. Polite Requests Only Please.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    I appreciate that Grotten, I do. Do you think we need to get past any personal issues? By that i mean you and I? If you don't that's fair enough. From my perspective I haven't had an infraction from any other moderator in the past 2 months but I've had 65 points worth from yourself.

I'm no saint and there's plenty of people I can rub up the wrong way because I am opinionated but that's my personality. Today's felt a bit extreme though. I asked for clarity on on off topic and I got it but got a final warning and then when thanking kick for explaining kindly to me I got an infraction.

I'm genuinely pleased it has been revered but whatever issue there seems to be here can I ask we put it behind us? As men and Liverpool fans wouldn't it make sense to just say let's move on? I'm more than happy to say whatever's been said between us in the past is gone and start afresh from now so there doesn't have to be any tension.
    There isn't anything personal from my point of view.

You get infracted because you constantly break the rules and ignore moderation.

As for moving on...if you'd done that, as requested, several hours ago, then none of todays issues would have arisen.

I suggest you do it now.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    There isn't anything personal from my point of view.

You get infracted because you constantly break the rules and ignore moderation.

As for moving on...if you'd done that, as requested, several hours ago, then none of todays issues would have arisen.

I suggest you do it now.
    Fair enough Grotten. Is it possible reinstate the post that got reversed so Kick can see I appreciated his explanation? If it can't be done that's fine but if it can at least he can see I wasn't giving a bad response

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    Fair enough Grotten. Is it possible reinstate the post that got reversed so Kick can see I appreciated his explanation? If it can't be done that's fine but if it can at least he can see I wasn't giving a bad response
    Mods can see posts...deleted or edited.

@Janno,why did you delete my last post?

Bump.

I didn't see any warnings in the Twitter thread. They were recent and I was busy typing and being funny.

Harsh to say the least.

I was also apologetic and didn't carry on in the thread.

Retraction maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    I didn't see any warnings in the Twitter thread. They were recent and I was busy typing and being funny.

Harsh to say the least.

I was also apologetic and didn't carry on in the thread.

Retraction maybe?
    The warning was left 14 minutes before your infracted post.

I appreciate your apology, however the post fully deserved the points.

The warning was left 14 minutes before your infracted post.

I appreciate your apology, however the post fully deserved the points.
    I didn't scroll up. Hardly ever do.

Oh, well. Harsh, my man, harsh. And I've been ever such a good boy recently.

Just think I should point out that I was not calling tom cruise a homophobic name, I was referring to the south park episode where he was seen working in a fudge factory packing fudge into boxes !

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Just think I should point out that I was not calling tom cruise a homophobic name, I was referring to the south park episode where he was seen working in a fudge factory packing fudge into boxes !
    We got the reference at the time...but it's homophobic term none the less...although you meant it in jest...which is why you got 5 points rather than a straight ban.

Morning guys. I put up another FSG thread a few days ago. The old one is over 100 pages.

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    Morning guys. I put up another FSG thread a few days ago. The old one is over 100 pages.
    wrong thread old bean
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    wrong thread old bean
    Oops. Thanks The DIC old stock for pointing that out.

You lot need to lighten up. Not sure how 11 infraction points is fair for a couple of comments directed at someone whose only objective is to bait people so he can report them, as well as a few light hearted comments on something where I didn't actually use any word which is banned, nor would any child know what it means so the family forum argument is a load of ********. Nice job.

Don't normally query these things too often but I can't help but think LJOC was rather reactive the other day with dishing out 2 infractions on me, the second of which was extremely reactive IMO.

This was the Lovren thread when a particular set of posters had major issues with the deal and one or two didn't argue their case well at all, mainly just posting agitated and again only in my opinion, rather sulky one liners with slightly flawed theories into the managers thinking. I got a first infraction for taking the **** out of this, so fine I don't really object so much to that.

However, I went on a day after and made a very tongue in cheek comment about what two players did a poster sign on FIFA (his idea was to sell Lovren and bring in too defenders though couldn't answer or see the potential difficulties in the reality of doing this while being unable to comment on an alternative idea of bringing two players regardless of Lovren's deal) and this led to an instant infraction from LJOC and interpreted as baiting. My next post was deleted though I was actually observing the lack of logic in some reasoning and that all these critiques almost word for word were used when Rodgers was in charge so perhaps posters logic were at times flawed...this was also deleted.

I was not baiting a poster in a OTT manner and it was tongue in cheek, fine if interpreted as differently, but it would have been far more polite & reasonable to just post and ask that comments like that are avoided as opposed to a knee jerk infraction, which LJOC produced in my opinion (but then if you do that you have to do that for other posters and their very real constant baiting).

Lack of consistency really and I've seen countless threads where posters have done far more than I in terms of very real baiting and borderline trolling etc but infractions and deleted posts did not seem to be served so quickly, if at all.

All very odd and badly managed by LJOC I think, I was not alone in pointing out the OTT reactions in that thread and a group of posters developing some wild theories about the manager and discussing these in quite a desultory manner, to the point others responding to them found their points entirely ignored or dramatically changed to suit a very limited narrative.

Its quite a poor culture and posters who don't comply with this almost vitriolic style of posting, while pointing it out, seem to get it in the neck and the culture developing is almost supported a result.

Thanks, I don't really overly care about having infractions removed or the infractions themselves, but a less reactive piece of moderating would be appreciated and perhaps worth thinking about the culture of posting sometimes, otherwise it makes it very hard for posters to have an alternative view without it being cheapened and lumped into a clumsy narrative

I know I can be playful for my part or emotive, especially as I like to examine and challenge the at times almost default doomsday angry reasoning on matters related to LFC with some posters, and I over do it, but as a long term poster with limited history for infractions and such, I found LJOC your moderating reactive in the extreme and far too knee jerk on this occasion

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    5 point infraction for reacting to a serial troll who constantly bashes everything to do with the club and belittles fellow posters without punishment. Well played

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    5 point infraction for reacting to a serial troll who constantly bashes everything to do with the club and belittles fellow posters without punishment. Well played
    Hi. I've had a look at what happened and it doesn't work like that, ie naming someone as a troll and being able to call them any insulting name you want. Words like that won't be allowed by any mod who sees them so they'll always bring infraction points and they were fully deserved. I should add that your very large record of 50 infractions shows that you're not changing your problematic posting in spite of us continually pointing it out. This will lead to longer bans if you continue so please bear that in mind. Your current active points total is one more infraction away from a 24hrs auto ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Hi. I've had a look at what happened and it doesn't work like that, ie naming someone as a troll and being able to call them any insulting name you want. Words like that won't be allowed by any mod who sees them so they'll always bring infraction points and they were fully deserved. I should add that your very large record of 50 infractions shows that you're not changing your problematic posting in spite of us continually pointing it out. This will lead to longer bans if you continue so please bear that in mind. Your current active points total is one more infraction away from a 24hrs auto ban.
    That's it, protect the WUMs and ban the genuine posters as always.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    That's it, protect the WUMs and ban the genuine posters as always.
    Sorry to see you not accepting any responsibility for what you post. Don't use this Feedback Forum to make digs at moderators, you have made your request for an explanation and received one.

Last edited by GrottonRed; 4-5-17 at 09:41. Reason: more cheap shots

Last edited by GrottonRed; 6-5-17 at 09:51. Reason: if you have a query, do it politely, without the cheap shots.

Last edited by GrottonRed; 7-5-17 at 08:42. Reason: more cheap shots

Id like to know why I havent recieved an infraction in over 2 years

Grotton.

This isn't about an infraction, but about your request 'don't use that name' in reference to my post in the Squad 17/18 thread.… in which I used Coach's surname, which most of us know.

My response was as follows

Grotton… why ever not use Coach's name…? He told us all what his name is quite a while back. A long post about his brother, himself and his relative of the same name playing for Everton etc.

So where's the problem????

Could you please explain? Ta.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Grotton.

This isn't about an infraction, but about your request 'don't use that name' in reference to my post in the Squad 17/18 thread.… in which I used Coach's surname, which most of us know.

Grotton… why ever not use Coach's name…? He told us all what his name is quite a while back. A long post about his brother, himself and his relative of the same name playing for Everton etc.

I remember the post...however, he has requested it isn't used on these boards anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Grotton.

Dave, we don't allow the personal information or contact details of anyone to be given on the forums. We never have.

I remember the post...however, he has requested it isn't used on these boards anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Dave, we don't allow the personal information or contact details of anyone to be given on the forums. We never have.
    So now Coach has second thoughts about having given us all his surname. It's rather like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, really.

But look, there's no problem at all. Of course I'll cease to use it if it makes him uncomfortable.

Janno… you should tell Coach that, rather than me.

All good, carry on!

Take a look at FSG thread. Grotten Red left a post up from another poster saying to some one -

"....."

and left that post there and deleted a post of mine saying I wasn't going to bother with his vacuous nonsense and infracted. I already got a week long ban from said mod for supposedly insulting mods when I suggested that mods were here to make the forums works for everyone. This just isn't good enough.

I don't really expect much from this thread but I will email to register another complaint.
    Last edited by GrottonRed; Yesterday at 07:18.

Unfortunately, I didn't read the comment you replied to....and you didn't report it...just left an insult in reply.

And instead of just making a polite enquiry in this thread, you had a pop in that thread too.

Given your history of refusing to accept moderation of any kind...and constant antagonistic posting aimed at posters and moderators alike... you have now received a further ban.