Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1189

Thread: **Query Your Infractions in Here. Polite Requests Only Please.

  1. #1141  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    61,622
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Imo...you were making digs with the intention of provoking another poster.

    Which succeeded.
    No, i didn't insult him at any point and I don't think the discussion was that bad either. I genuinely think you overreacted and for the record I don't think he deserved 10 points of infraction either.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #1142  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    23,813
    Alon and Kal.

    I'm going to reverse one infraction each...as an act of good faith.

    But if you 2 go at it again, one or both of you will be having some time off.

    If you can't chat without winding each other up...I suggest you ignore each other.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #1143  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    61,622
    Okay, fair enough Grotton
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #1144  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    69,749
    fair enough GR.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #1145  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,492
    Not heard back on my request for more info.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #1146  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    50,404
    LJ be consistent please you are ruining my experience of the forums it's ridiculous

    Thank you
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #1147  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    87,938
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    LJ be consistent please you are ruining my experience of the forums it's ridiculous

    Thank you
    All noted, thank you.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #1148  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    50,404
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    All noted, thank you.
    Many thanks I appreciate the reply.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #1149  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    87,938
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Many thanks I appreciate the reply.
    There is obviously going to be a bit of off topic talk in threads, we can't delete it all.

    Your post about the whereabouts of a former poster, and it doesn't matter which poster is involved, just looked as if that conversation was going to snowball, so I nipped it in the bud.

    Nothing personal, Ayles.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #1150  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    50,404
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    There is obviously going to be a bit of off topic talk in threads, we can't delete it all.

    Your post about the whereabouts of a former poster, and it doesn't matter which poster is involved, just looked as if that conversation was going to snowball, so I nipped it in the bud.

    Nothing personal, Ayles.
    Ok fella fair enough appreciate the explanation. All good, cheers
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #1151  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    26,520
    I was given an instant infraction without warning on the Brexit thread, for insulting a poster

    It was very much tongue in cheek and in response to a poster who is at times, in my view and other posters views, blatantly trolling and coming out with ridiculous insulting statements which posters have actually taken the time to reply to with info, which is ignored before the same posts are spat out with the usual set of insults.

    Anyways, an instant infraction seemed remarkably unbalanced given the context, some sort of warning surely would have been far fairer, as it is it just comes across as reactive strangely weighted moderating
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #1152  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    23,813
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    I was given an instant infraction without warning on the Brexit thread, for insulting a poster

    It was very much tongue in cheek and in response to a poster who is at times, in my view and other posters views, blatantly trolling and coming out with ridiculous insulting statements which posters have actually taken the time to reply to with info, which is ignored before the same posts are spat out with the usual set of insults.

    Anyways, an instant infraction seemed remarkably unbalanced given the context, some sort of warning surely would have been far fairer, as it is it just comes across as reactive strangely weighted moderating
    Your post contained two insults directed toward another poster...you don't get warnings for those.

    As for other poster's conduct...if you feel a post has broken the T & Cs of the forums...then report it...so we can look at it.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #1153  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,492
    Genuinely can't remember the content of the post I made in the podcast thread that was given three points - can you refresh my memory?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #1154  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    23,813
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Genuinely can't remember the content of the post I made in the podcast thread that was given three points - can you refresh my memory?
    There was an inappropriate sexual element to it.

    As it was a throwaway expression...rather than an insult toward anyone...I gave 3 points rather than the usual 5, or more...which would have given you 3 days off.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #1155  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,492
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    There was an inappropriate sexual element to it.

    As it was a throwaway expression...rather than an insult toward anyone...I gave 3 points rather than the usual 5, or more...which would have given you 3 days off.
    Oh yes. Fair enough, cheers.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #1156  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    26,520
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Your post contained two insults directed toward another poster...you don't get warnings for those.

    As for other poster's conduct...if you feel a post has broken the T & Cs of the forums...then report it...so we can look at it.
    I will try in future thank you though I'm not sure any of us can afford the time to pick that out each time considering the quantity at play
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #1157  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    23,813
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    I will try in future thank you though I'm not sure any of us can afford the time to pick that out each time considering the quantity at play
    Having a differing opinion to others...or talking ********...aren't breaches of the T & Cs though.

    Or we'd all be permabanned.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #1158  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    26,520
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Having a differing opinion to others...or talking ********...aren't breaches of the T & Cs though.

    Or we'd all be permabanned.
    I take your point GR

    I guess within some of the talking ***** there are some quite serious insults just a little more veiled, but yeah can see what you mean
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #1159  
    Defo-skitso is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,720
    ....
    Last edited by Jannno; 28-9-17 at 22:30. Reason: abusive
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #1160  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,047
    I would like full details of both my latest infractions please, lots of red cards handed out with no explanations.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #1161  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    23,813
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    I would like full details of both my latest infractions please, lots of red cards handed out with no explanations.
    You've had one for accusing someone of being a racist...and the 2nd for an inappropriate sexual reference.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #1162  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    27,076
    Can anyone tell me how long Flyingaggers has been banned for please?

    I honestly don't know what I did to upset him. I'll put him on ignore if he comes back.
    YNWA
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #1163  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,047
    ...
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 30-9-17 at 16:33. Reason: inappropriate post
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #1164  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,047
    ...
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 30-9-17 at 16:33. Reason: banned
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #1165  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    23,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    Can anyone tell me how long Flyingaggers has been banned for please?

    I honestly don't know what I did to upset him. I'll put him on ignore if he comes back.
    We can't discuss other posters infractions...but it was several infractions that led to a ban...not one post in particular.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #1166  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    We can't discuss other posters infractions...but it was several infractions that led to a ban...not one post in particular.
    Ok, ta.
    YNWA
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #1167  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    27,129
    Out of all the comments after the Newcastle draw which were noticeably inappropriate and in some instances crude as you can get, I have received an infraction for saying that our performance resembled a bucket of vomit.

    jannno, I usually agree with my infractions, but in this instance, I don't.

    I can quite easily trawl through the forums and find 1000 posts that seem to have been overlooked by moderators which are a million times worse. Let me know if you want any help with finding these posts.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #1168  
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    24,609
    Message for Grotton Red.

    Hi Grotton, could you tell me what I'd put in the post you'd said was 'seeking to provoke other users' please.


    No complaints from me, just curious as to what it was. We've started now with these owner/manager wars again, and these things always escalate and get out of hand.

    As you might have noticed we've got people using ridiculous excuses to slate the owners. I made it quite clear in my posts that I've criticized them plenty before, and have only been arguing against stupid posts that people seem to think are "just opinions".

    When these opinions are straightforward BS, that excuse can't be used. Blaming FSG for no CB, because we were only pretending to be interested or that they'd only the sanction the deal for VVD after selling Coutinho, which is ludicrous, has no logic and goes against the plain evidence that FSG were not selling him under any circumstances.

    The problem I faced last night, was 3 successive posters with these views, or otherwise attacking me for arguing against how stupid what they were saying was.

    The attitudes of people become too much to bare, it's beyond irritating because I can't actually believe what these people are posting. Eggz was being especially creepy saying he'd been teaching me basic things all summer, when I've not spoken to him at all.

    It was a particularly idiotic session of posting that got the better of me. Too much stupidity which as I've said before is a growing problem on this forum.

    Cheers, sorry for the extra work you've had with deletions/infractions, my bad, couldn't hold back!
    Last edited by RedBaros; 9-10-17 at 10:32.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #1169  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    23,813
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaros View Post
    Message for Grotton Red.

    Hi Grotton, could you tell me what I'd put in the post you'd said was 'seeking to provoke other users' please.


    No complaints from me, just curious as to what it was. We've started now with these owner/manager wars again, and these things always escalate and get out of hand.

    As you might have noticed we've got people using ridiculous excuses to slate the owners. I made it quite clear in my posts that I've criticized them plenty before, and have only been arguing against stupid posts that people seem to think are "just opinions".

    When these opinions are straightforward BS, that excuse can't be used. Blaming FSG for no CB, because we were only pretending to be interested or that they'd only the sanction the deal for VVD after selling Coutinho, which is ludicrous, has no logic and goes against the plain evidence that FSG were not selling him under any circumstances.

    The problem I faced last night, was 3 successive posters with these views, or otherwise attacking me for arguing against how stupid what they were saying was.

    The attitudes of people become too much to bare, it's beyond irritating because I can't actually believe what these people are posting. Eggz was being especially creepy saying he'd been teaching me basic things all summer, when I've not spoken to him at all.

    It was a particularly idiotic session of posting that got the better of me. Too much stupidity which as I've said before is a growing problem on this forum.

    Cheers, sorry for the extra work you've had with deletions/infractions, my bad, couldn't hold back!
    You continually used a version of a posters user name to antagonise him...despite that poster asking you to desist.

    I understand this topic often brings out the worst in posters...but rather than getting into a slanging match, it would be better to report the post...and/or stick the poster on ignore.

    I know that in the heat of the moment, it's easy to get carried away...hence the deletions.

    You got infracted because you got carried away...several times.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #1170  
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    24,609
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    You continually used a version of a posters user name to antagonise him...despite that poster asking you to desist.

    I understand this topic often brings out the worst in posters...but rather than getting into a slanging match, it would be better to report the post...and/or stick the poster on ignore.

    I know that in the heat of the moment, it's easy to get carried away...hence the deletions.

    You got infracted because you got carried away...several times.
    Oh that, ok, yes I always call him Phillip because he always irritates me, no matter what the subject. He seems to enjoy going on the attack for any reason so don't have any patience with him.

    Last night was extra special, 3 of them one after the other, so I earned a good 3 points there!

    Cheers Grotton,
    RB
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •