Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: **Query Your Infractions in Here. Polite Requests Only Please.

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    It's still not representative of my posting style, digging up the comments only makes me question you more. I agree a few of those are OTT, but in what world is it deemed offensive to call a view point arrogant? Why can't I call something idiotic if I think that's what it is?

Basically, it boils down to perception as I've said countless times. I can't help it if you and others are that easily offended. I apologise for any offence caused by people could do with lightening up.
    It's not a question of 'perception', it's where the line is drawn by the club, which includes us as we act on the club's behalf. That's the line you have to tread if you want to post on here. It's not your (or any other individual poster's) call, to say something is or isn't offensive. You can't post on here if you don't accept moderation of your posts.

We have this thread for those who want to ask us why we did something, and if we think we've made a mistake we'll reverse an infraction and you'll have an apology. But if you're looking at the list of infraction posts I just quoted you and think the solution is to tell others to 'lighten up', your judgement is miles from what is acceptable to the club. We're not angry, offended or upset when we mod your posts, we're just removing stuff that's not acceptable for this forum.

Just to respond to your point about me selecting posts to make you look bad, we don't follow every poster making judgements about them as a whole. If a post contains unacceptable content it's deleted. If we know you are aware of the rules because you post regularly and you still do it, we infract, in the hope you get the message and stop doing it. That's where it should end.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    If you truly said that perhaps you should have a long hard think about it in relation to what mods keep telling you. I'm sure if they had an agenda against you, or others, you'd be permabanned since they could (if what you said had any substance WHATSOEVER) claim you kept on and on and on, and they didn't see other posts......................

Bottom line is this is one of those things with absolutely no way of proving one side of it or the other as right, if it were a lawsuit it wouldn't even get to court as your argument is as subjective as you claim the mods are..........

I've said it many a time on here, if people don't want to get banned then stop casting aspersions and insults, thinly veiled or otherwise. I was looking at my profile earlier to see if I could change my name, I wondered about the last infraction more as to what I'd actually posted, but why get all het up about it - seriously? You tell the mods to 'lighten up', I think you could be irony personified.

I did post a thread just to make a point to mods who gave me an infraction for reporting a post! I mean jaysus, an infraction for trying to help them, but I didn't wage a war of words on them, accuse them of bias, being incompetent, and half the insulting posts you see in this section alone. I see some of those who come on here in a rage and argue the toss about anything and everything, I can easily see why they get infractions.
    I also don't understand why you constantly feel the need to comment on here, and then call me irony personified, and have the nerve to say don't cast aspersions. As I said, I don't know why you feel the need to comment every time something is questioned. just stay out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    It's not a question of 'perception', it's where the line is drawn by the club, which includes us as we act on the club's behalf. That's the line you have to tread if you want to post on here. It's not your (or any other individual poster's) call, to say something is or isn't offensive. You can't post on here if you don't accept moderation of your posts.

We have this thread for those who want to ask us why we did something, and if we think we've made a mistake we'll reverse an infraction and you'll have an apology. But if you're looking at the list of infraction posts I just quoted you and think the solution is to tell others to 'lighten up', your judgement is miles from what is acceptable to the club. We're not angry, offended or upset when we mod your posts, we're just removing stuff that's not acceptable for this forum.

Just to respond to your point about me selecting posts to make you look bad, we don't follow every poster making judgements about them as a whole. If a post contains unacceptable content it's deleted. If we know you are aware of the rules because you post regularly and you still do it, we infract, in the hope you get the message and stop doing it. That's where it should end.
    Point taken Jannno, end of the matter, have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    Point taken Jannno, end of the matter, have a good day
    All good.

Question for Janno..

I see you deleted my comment about that poster, fair enough, understandable tbh.

But can I ask you, do you guys not notice how many infractions and bans come from all sorts of different posters when they come in contact with that poster?

From the coolest and laid back of posters, to the more aggressive, he seems to wind up everyone in the same way with his disingenuous behaviour. He's a troll in any other language.

I'm not naming him because it's clear enough who I'm referring to, and it would genuinely be good to hear where you guys, or your policies, stand on that type of poster/behaviour.

Cheers.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

FIOS is online now First team regular
    Quick question on my recent infraction(s).

Was the same infraction issued twice or was this two separate infractions for two incidents?

Just curious because they are identical and issued at exactly the same time.

Ta very much.

tweepie is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post

Was the same infraction issued twice or was this two separate infractions for two incidents?

Ta very much.
    Hey FIOS, 'twasn't me who issued the infractions but looking at them they were both one pointers, for two separate posts but happened to be issued in the same thread. They just happened to be issued within the same timeframe.
    The other poster involved also received similar infractions.

Hope it clears things up.
    YNWA

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator

Ta very much.
    That's weird.

It was showing two infractions, I've reversed one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    That's weird.

It was showing two infractions, I've reversed one of them.
    Thought so. I thought it was too close together. I only asked because it looked weird.

Ta anyway.

tweepie is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    I bow to the Lord's superior knowledge on all things infraction related.
    YNWA

Hi, I had a belting comeback to someones comment that would have probably resulted in their penis involuntarily retracting inside themselves, and may have actually forced them to regress back into childhood, if not the womb itself.

However, it may have also resulted in a ban for me. Or at least a frowny face from mods.

I'd like to offer the feedback that self moderation works.

Thanks for your time, and your advice.

Hi, I had a belting comeback to someones comment that would have probably resulted in their penis involuntarily retracting inside themselves, and may have actually forced them to regress back into childhood, if not the womb itself.

However, it may have also resulted in a ban for me. Or at least a frowny face from mods.

I'd like to offer the feedback that self moderation works.

Thanks for your time, and your advice.

..third time lucky

Bilsland has just deleted a thread and blamed it on me. Disgusting moderation considering that I was the one reporting several posters for baiting me. Am I not allowed an opinion anymore. I'd like Bilsand to explain how it was my fault.

bilsland is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    Scrams you took that thread and made it all about you by refusing to accept others opinions then took it off topic by introducing the race card when it was not warranted further antagonising other posters , who also responded inappropriately. The thread was impossible and deteriorating by the minute. You were not solely to blame but you do need to look at your posting. As do all who contributed.
    As to your reporting, you need only do it once each time or it might look as if you deliberately want to delete posts before they can be moderated and I'm sure you weren't doing that. I'm not emotionally involved as you clearly , and understandably are, but if you are offended by my comment I will amend it, however I do suggest you try to look at your contribution to that thread being closed. You are of course allowed an opinion , we just ask that you, like we ask everyone, give some thought to how you voice it, so that it remains within the T&C's.
    Last edited by bilsland; 20-10-15 at 14:52.

Sorry Bilsland but I disagree. I never done anything wrong. The responses to me were pathetic and personal. Look at WFMM@s first post. Ridiculous. I even highlighted it and told people to stop making it personal. I think you like to use my "reputation" against me. Very upsetting that you said it was my fault the

bilsland is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrams View Post
    Sorry Bilsland but I disagree. I never done anything wrong. The responses to me were pathetic and personal. Look at WFMM@s first post. Ridiculous. I even highlighted it and told people to stop making it personal. I think you like to use my "reputation" against me. Very upsetting that you said it was my fault the
    I'm sorry you feel that way but I assure you I don't consider 'reputations' when modding. If I did that the forums would be decimated in a heartbeat . I just mod the post in front of me . Let me assure you further posts from yourself will be judged as impartially as everyone else's .

Quote Originally Posted by bilsland View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that way but I assure you I don't consider 'reputations' when modding. If I did that the forums would be decimated in a heartbeat . I just mod the post in front of me . Let me assure you further posts from yourself will be judged as impartially as everyone else's .
    Thank you for your time. Appreciated.

Ok so what have I done now?

3 points from LJOC, can't find any red cards to any posts.

kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaros View Post
    Ok so what have I done now?

3 points from LJOC, can't find any red cards to any posts.
    Two days ago, you told someone they were talking **** (nothing else in the post).

Thats all I can see RB.

Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post
    Two days ago, you told someone they were talking **** (nothing else in the post).

Thats all I can see RB.
    Ahahaaha, and that's worth 3 points?!!! That happens aaaaalllllll the time, a regular occurrence on here.

Someone please tell me they see what I mean.

Ahahaaha, and that's worth 3 points?!!! That happens aaaaalllllll the time, a regular occurrence on here.

Someone please tell me they see what I mean.
    Doesn't make it right though does it?

Other posts have been deleted as this isn't a chat thread, thanks.

Any problems with the moderation here then take it up with Fernando.

Doesn't make it right though does it?
    We're talking consistency. I'm getting points thrown at me for fun, honestly feels like you lot are having a laugh when I see the things you let slide with simple deletes.

That 3 points you gave me is in stark contrast to some of the things I've seen deleted with no infraction given.

We're talking consistency. I'm getting points thrown at me for fun, honestly feels like you lot are having a laugh when I see the things you let slide with simple deletes.

That 3 points you gave me is in stark contrast to some of the things I've seen deleted with no infraction given.
    I will reply to you RB, just having my tea.

Any problems with the moderation here then take it up with Fernando.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I won't repeat this.

It's not meant to be personal. This isn't because of my 3 points. Just an observation, and a possible solution.

You may even find yourselves glad of the rest, post freely for a while, then have another go at moderating 6months or a year down the line.
    This kind of opinion needs to be given via the 'Contact Us' link to the club itself, RB. Feedback isn't for users to pop in and air their own personal running grievances about mods, collective or individual.

kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    It's not meant to be personal. This isn't because of my 3 points. Just an observation, and a possible solution.

You may even find yourselves glad of the rest, post freely for a while, then have another go at moderating 6months or a year down the line.
    Just a point of order RB, the moderators aren't appointed by other moderators. Its done by the club, something I didn't even realise until I stuck my head above the parapet to become one <where's the 'shoot self in foot smiley'>? Thats why we keep advising discontented posters to contact the club with grievances because ultimately the community team has the final say.

Can't add any more than that to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    This kind of opinion needs to be given via the 'Contact Us' link to the club itself, RB. Feedback isn't for users to pop in and air their own personal running grievances about mods, collective or individual.
    I'd be interested in your opinions too Jannno.