Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
Results 1,231 to 1,252 of 1252

Thread: **Query Your Infractions in Here. Polite Requests Only Please.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    It's a warning for seeking to provoke other poster(s)

You didn't answer my question at all, despite me asking you twice.
    I didn’t realize you’d asked me twice, sorry about that. I felt the good natured reply I gave you would’ve been taken in the right spirit.

Would I have gotten the yellow had I seen and answered your second question? Or how does that work?
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    I didn’t realize you’d asked me twice, sorry about that. I felt the good natured reply I gave you would’ve been taken in the right spirit.

Would I have gotten the yellow had I seen and answered your second question? Or how does that work?
    Depends on what the answer would have been.

It's done now, It's a yellow, no infraction points.

Depends on what the answer would have been.

It's done now, It's a yellow, no infraction points.
    All good, fair enough.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Last edited by GrottonRed; 17-11-17 at 14:34. Reason: abuse of mod team

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    LJOC, can you please explain how I've ended with 13 points for 'misuse of report facility'?

Also a note - I think what you were saying earlier about posts being off-topic wasn't quite fair. I think it's reasonable to discuss the article, and to challenge others' reading of that article, in a thread that was dedicated to that in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    LJOC, can you please explain how I've ended with 13 points for 'misuse of report facility'?

Also a note - I think what you were saying earlier about posts being off-topic wasn't quite fair. I think it's reasonable to discuss the article, and to challenge others' reading of that article, in a thread that was dedicated to that in the first place.
    You reported the same post twice, on two separate occasions, knowing full well, as we've had this conversation before, that it auto deletes the post.

The first time there was a three minute gap between your reports. I gave you 10 points for that seeing as it is a repeat offence.

The second time there was a four minute gap, I only gave you three points for that, I could go and change it for more if you want?

Also a final note about the Salah tread, drop it, now.

Thanks.

You reported the same post twice, on two separate occasions, knowing full well, as we've had this conversation before, that it auto deletes the post.

The first time there was a three minute gap between your reports. I gave you 10 points for that seeing as it is a repeat offence.

The second time there was a four minute gap, I only gave you three points for that, I could go and change it for more if you want?

Also a final note about the Salah tread, drop it, now.

Thanks.
    Actually I was more asking why it had been deemed worthy of ten in the very first place.

Usually when posts are double-reported it's because, yet again, I'm putting up with the same abuse from posters for whom deletions and red cards don't do anything, don't deter them from that kind of behaviour. The number of diatribes I have to put up with from one particular poster of all others (though it doesn't just apply to him) and which have been either allowed to stand or simply removed with no further action is, to me, getting beyond a joke.

After one particularly abusive rant in an overall context of a thread derailed by him making his usual snipes, little was done other than a token deletion and the thread being closed. That then didn't deter the behaviour, which reappeared a couple of days ago when Jannno had to step in yet again. I'm sick of having to put up with the abuse, it's been going on for a couple of years and shows no signs of abating. So when posts are reported twice, it's because I want to see an end to that as quickly as possible.

Actually I was more asking why it had been deemed worthy of ten in the very first place.

Usually when posts are double-reported it's because, yet again, I'm putting up with the same abuse from posters for whom deletions and red cards don't do anything, don't deter them from that kind of behaviour. The number of diatribes I have to put up with from one particular poster of all others (though it doesn't just apply to him) and which have been either allowed to stand or simply removed with no further action is, to me, getting beyond a joke.

After one particularly abusive rant in an overall context of a thread derailed by him making his usual snipes, little was done other than a token deletion and the thread being closed. That then didn't deter the behaviour, which reappeared a couple of days ago when Jannno had to step in yet again. I'm sick of having to put up with the abuse, it's been going on for a couple of years and shows no signs of abating. So when posts are reported twice, it's because I want to see an end to that as quickly as possible.
    For as long as you reports posts twice, you will receive infractions for doing so, that is the bottom line here.

Your other points have been noted, will ask other Mods to monitor it as well.

For as long as you reports posts twice, you will receive infractions for doing so, that is the bottom line here.

Your other points have been noted, will ask other Mods to monitor it as well.
    Ok, that's a fair compromise. Thanks.

Ok, that's a fair compromise. Thanks.
    No problem

Is calling a player a ‘moron’ (means a stupid person) worthy of an infraction?

If I’d called him a ‘stupid person’ would I still have had the post deleted and infracted? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by PAISLEYISNO1 View Post
    Is calling a player a ‘moron’ (means a stupid person) worthy of an infraction?

If I’d called him a ‘stupid person’ would I still have had the post deleted and infracted? I doubt it.
    Yes and yes

Yes and yes
    Ah, I see. Thanks LJ.
    Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I shall refrain from entering the thread on our obviously highly intelligent, brilliant left back.

Quote Originally Posted by PAISLEYISNO1 View Post
    Ah, I see. Thanks LJ.
    Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I shall refrain from entering the thread on our obviously highly intelligent, brilliant left back.

LJOC... have you got shares in the delete button or something?

It was just a harmless discussion about Klopp's treatment of Robertson.

Didn't need an infraction.
    Last edited by Jannno; 30-11-17 at 18:06. Reason: This thread is for querying infractions...not for having a pop at the moderator team.

Last edited by GrottonRed; Today at 07:58. Reason: This thread is for querying infractions...not for having a pop at the moderator team.
    Last edited by Jannno; 30-11-17 at 18:04. Reason: refusing to heed requests from moderators. Points have accumulated to reach an auto 24hr ban

LJOC... apologies if my previous post was misconstrued. It certainly wasn't scribed to provoke. It would appear that some here think it’s right to question the support of any that voice a differing opinion... go back to redcafe and all that trash. I think that needs to be addressed
    Last edited by Joe-El; 9-12-17 at 12:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-El View Post
    LJOC... apologies if my previous post was misconstrued. It certainly wasn't scribed to provoke. It would appear that some here think it’s right to question the support of any that voice a differing opinion... go back to redcafe and all that trash. I think that needs to be addressed
    The first two paragraphs of your post were definitely provoking others, and indeed got one reply.

You are right about the 'redcafe' stuff, I've infracted posters for using the old 'you're a Man U fan' argument in the past and will again.

The thing is, and I wish I had a £1 for every time I've typed this over the years, we don't see every post and rely on posters reporting things they think breach the T&Cs

Luis-Garcia's-left-peg is online now Directors Box
    Test

Tire Kicker I'm not going to get into it with you in the match thread, but I find it a tad ridiculous that you want to threaten a ban because you don't like what I say... I can't say that the English continent that all of you complain about as soooo boring during international breaks are just that?! Why cause I'm an American? Is that racist to you or full of abuse or something? Also don't call me a ****** imposter! You obviously only pick out what you want to see and saw none of the previous posts... No I don't like Henderson doesn't make me any less a supporter than the others... I commended you for your handling of the Hendo thread yesterday, but today you're baffling... Maybe it's me as I'm up too early today, but when I know I'm wrong I will raise my hand but today I don't think so... Cheers
    Last edited by AngriestRed; 10-12-17 at 16:00.

kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    Tire Kicker I'm not going to get into it with you in the match thread, but I find it a tad ridiculous that you want to threaten a ban because you don't like what I say... I can't say that the English continent that all of you complain about as soooo boring during international breaks are just that?! Why cause I'm an American? Is that racist to you or full of abuse or something? Also don't call me a ****** imposter! You obviously only pick out what you want to see and saw none of the previous posts... No I don't like Henderson doesn't make me any less a supporter than the others... I commended you for your handling of the Hendo thread yesterday, but today you're baffling... Maybe it's me as I'm up too early today, but when I know I'm wrong I will raise my hand but today I don't think so... Cheers
    And maybe I'm cranky because the snow stopped me getting to the game today

I have no problem with fans not liking certain players, Henderson is not an easy player to see the strengths of. But there are ways of saying so and I'll admit I have a low tolerance threshold for seeing our own players openly hammered match after match, especially on the clubs own forum. Maybe today I've over-reacted (with you) but if you could just be a little less heavy handed at other times perhaps you wouldn't feature so high on the radar As as for criticising English players, well like a lot of things in this world we can criticise our own but get touchy when others do it

Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post
    And maybe I'm cranky because the snow stopped me getting to the game today

I have no problem with fans not liking certain players, Henderson is not an easy player to see the strengths of. But there are ways of saying so and I'll admit I have a low tolerance threshold for seeing our own players openly hammered match after match, especially on the clubs own forum. Maybe today I've over-reacted (with you) but if you could just be a little less heavy handed at other times perhaps you wouldn't feature so high on the radar As as for criticising English players, well like a lot of things in this world we can criticise our own but get touchy when others do it
    Fair enough it obviously was both of us Cheers