Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
Results 1,351 to 1,373 of 1373

Thread: **Query Your Infractions in Here. Polite Requests Only Please.

  1. #1351  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    89,724
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post

    Anyway, you've made it clear you're not threatening any action so all good.
    Always glad to help
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #1352  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    57,497
    Hi, sorry for my words last night. To say I didn't cover myself in glory would be charitable to say the least.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #1353  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,371
    I've been relatively supportive of moderators in the past, but you guys need to show some consistency.

    One of my posts was deemed to be "seeking to provoke others" when actually it was just a bit of tongue in cheek humour, the supposed victims of which post pretty much to provoke in every visit to said thread and yet plenty of their crap remains unmoderated.

    Get shot of the WUMs and you don't have a problem, all you do is pretend like there isn't that problem and turn a blind eye. Like various football governing bodies decided we didn't need an anti-racism campaign anymore

    I've already said in the past 24 hours the best solution to that one thread that is just one circular argument is to close it for a period, it's not as if the situation has changed significantly in the past X weeks and IF the keeper's performance is worthy or (reasonable) praise or (reasonable) criticism it can be done game by game in, I dunno, the matchday thread............


    I'm not entirely surprised you guys get shot at quite a bit, some of it is members really not seeing what they are doing for what it is, but you do rather cite and enforce rules on some more strongly than others. Some just antagonise with the same old same old which does provoke, they must know it will, and yet they're not pulled up for it nearly often enough. With a few lengthy holidays away this place would be a lot better for all, it's not as if the WUMs add anything at all useful - I won't name names, but you have a think about who I mean and I'm sure you will struggle to see what they bring to the table bar arguments.

    #kickthewumsout
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #1354  
    Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    29,492
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    I've been relatively supportive of moderators in the past, but you guys need to show some consistency.

    One of my posts was deemed to be "seeking to provoke others" when actually it was just a bit of tongue in cheek humour, the supposed victims of which post pretty much to provoke in every visit to said thread and yet plenty of their crap remains unmoderated.

    Get shot of the WUMs and you don't have a problem, all you do is pretend like there isn't that problem and turn a blind eye. Like various football governing bodies decided we didn't need an anti-racism campaign anymore

    I've already said in the past 24 hours the best solution to that one thread that is just one circular argument is to close it for a period, it's not as if the situation has changed significantly in the past X weeks and IF the keeper's performance is worthy or (reasonable) praise or (reasonable) criticism it can be done game by game in, I dunno, the matchday thread............


    I'm not entirely surprised you guys get shot at quite a bit, some of it is members really not seeing what they are doing for what it is, but you do rather cite and enforce rules on some more strongly than others. Some just antagonise with the same old same old which does provoke, they must know it will, and yet they're not pulled up for it nearly often enough. With a few lengthy holidays away this place would be a lot better for all, it's not as if the WUMs add anything at all useful - I won't name names, but you have a think about who I mean and I'm sure you will struggle to see what they bring to the table bar arguments.

    #kickthewumsout
    Thanks for the advice. I would say though, that what you define to be a WUM may not be how others, including mods and other users, see it. The same applies to what is meant to be tongue in cheek humour, which may look very different to others. The solution, as we always say is to report anything you believe is untoward and let us deal with it. Also, don't let yourself be wound up by other people and just ignore people you find annoying. The nature of a discussion forum requires that, really, and modding to the finest degree of detail isn't possible. We all need a sense of proportion about how wound up we get. Starting to retalliate and trying to mod others yourself always makes problems worse and often ends up with the annoyed person posting something which gets them infracted.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #1355  
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,119
    Good to see the WUM's are protected while the rest of us cop it in the neck
    Last edited by kSalahSalah; 18-2-18 at 22:45.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #1356  
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,331
    So I get my post deleted, yet the post I quoted stays? Then I get points for stating this. Hmm, LJOC again.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #1357  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    89,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertojones View Post
    So I get my post deleted, yet the post I quoted stays? Then I get points for stating this. Hmm, LJOC again.
    Do you have a question?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #1358  
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,331
    See my post and the ?.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #1359  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    89,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertojones View Post
    See my post and the ?.
    Nothing wrong with the quoted post.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #1360  
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,331
    So how was mine worse?

    You also deleted a post of mine quoting yourself. You were complaining that users in here were arguing about stupid things, I pointed out that it always seems to be one particular poster (I didn't name them) who winds everyone up. Why delete it?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #1361  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    89,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertojones View Post
    So how was mine worse?

    You also deleted a post of mine quoting yourself. You were complaining that users in here were arguing about stupid things, I pointed out that it always seems to be one particular poster (I didn't name them) who winds everyone up. Why delete it?
    The quoted post was implying that a certain user didn't have a grasp of something specific, he could have answered that if he had wanted to.

    Yours was just a dig.


    Having already asked for the other thread to move on I am fully aware of who is involved.

    It's like asking two children to stop fighting and a third one is in the background shouting "Sir, sir, he started it"

    Your input was not required.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #1362  
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    The quoted post was implying that a certain user didn't have a grasp of something specific, he could have answered that if he had wanted to.

    Yours was just a dig.


    Having already asked for the other thread to move on I am fully aware of who is involved.

    It's like asking two children to stop fighting and a third one is in the background shouting "Sir, sir, he started it"

    Your input was not required.
    The fact he constantly gets away with it made me assume you didn't know who it was!
    If input isn't required, why have the report feature?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #1363  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    89,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertojones View Post
    The fact he constantly gets away with it made me assume you didn't know who it was!
    If input isn't required, why have the report feature?
    The person you are talking about is currently 'getting away with it' while serving a 3 day ban.

    Your input was not required in that instance.

    We do require posters to use the report feature.

    Ironically if you had gone down that route instead of posting in the thread we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #1364  
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    The person you are talking about is currently 'getting away with it' while serving a 3 day ban.

    Your input was not required in that instance.

    We do require posters to use the report feature.

    Ironically if you had gone down that route instead of posting in the thread we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    I don't like using the report feature, I like things to be in the open so everyone can see.
    Funny how you say you like the report feature, yet 2 posts above you say it's like a 3d person saying "Sir, sir, he started it"!

    And the person I was talking about was getting away with it cause they weren't serving a 3 day ban until after I've mentioned them here. It's the same thing with them, have a ban them come back on here winding EVERYONE up every day (when not serving a ban) It's very frustrating having to read their dribble and seeing everyone getting wound up by them. This isn't a site that I HAVE to go on every day, and it's frustrating seeing their dribble when I do visit. I enjoy coming on here and seeing a huge majority of other posters views, even if I don't agree with them, but having someone wind everyone up and them getting away with it is annoying, almost as annoying as having your posts deleted when not required!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (got cramp in my finger now)
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #1365  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    89,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertojones View Post
    I don't like using the report feature, I like things to be in the open so everyone can see.
    Funny how you say you like the report feature, yet 2 posts above you say it's like a 3d person saying "Sir, sir, he started it"!

    And the person I was talking about was getting away with it cause they weren't serving a 3 day ban until after I've mentioned them here. It's the same thing with them, have a ban them come back on here winding EVERYONE up every day (when not serving a ban) It's very frustrating having to read their dribble and seeing everyone getting wound up by them. This isn't a site that I HAVE to go on every day, and it's frustrating seeing their dribble when I do visit. I enjoy coming on here and seeing a huge majority of other posters views, even if I don't agree with them, but having someone wind everyone up and them getting away with it is annoying, almost as annoying as having your posts deleted when not required!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (got cramp in my finger now)
    Reporting posts has always been, and will continue to be, the way we want posters to report anything they think requires our attention.

    If you don't want to use the report post facility that is up to you.

    Your posts will be deleted if they are off topic, simple as that.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #1366  
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    24,711
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Reporting posts has always been, and will continue to be, the way we want posters to report anything they think requires our attention.

    If you don't want to use the report post facility that is up to you.

    Your posts will be deleted if they are off topic, simple as that.
    My deleted post pretty much said this but in fewer words . But all good as always
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #1367  
    Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    29,492
    Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post
    My deleted post pretty much said this but in fewer words . But all good as always
    We just have to keep a check on lots of users jumping in with their two penn'oth, hoops. Realise you were being helpful but we have to discourage it becoming a free for all in here.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #1368  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,371
    ...
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 21-2-18 at 13:59. Reason: this isn't an open discussion
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #1369  
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    24,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    We just have to keep a check on lots of users jumping in with their two penn'oth, hoops. Realise you were being helpful but we have to discourage it becoming a free for all in here.
    Yeah I know . Cheers Janno. And no disrespect meant towards Lord .
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #1370  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    89,724
    Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post
    Yeah I know . Cheers Janno. And no disrespect meant towards Lord .
    All good
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #1371  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,371
    ...
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 22-2-18 at 13:48. Reason: same as last time
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #1372  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    57,497
    Hi, not going to argue against any infractions, just can't quite remember what I said for the red card - can you remind me?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #1373  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    57,497
    Actually no need, just realised what it was. Beg your pardon, should have put that more reasonably.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •