Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1144

Thread: **Query Your Infractions in Here. Polite Requests Only Please.

  1. #1 Default **Query Your Infractions in Here. Polite Requests Only Please. 
    Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    28,933
    If you've received an infraction, check the 'Infractions' button in your profile (reached by clicking on your name) as there will be a reason attached to it. The number of infraction points and reason is also given if you click on the red card in your infracted post.

    You can request an explanation or discuss it with a moderator in here. You may need to be patient to wait for the mod who gave the infraction to be around, so do give them time to reply.

    It's possible you may not agree with the explanation, remember. There comes a time to let a matter drop and resume posting.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2  
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    24,158


    I still say you got my tone wrong when I got 10 points.
    But , it was 2am interacting with a you know who lol .
    It's all just a bit of fun being on these boards.
    Too many take it too seriously imo.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #3  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    20,156
    Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post


    I still say you got my tone wrong when I got 10 points.
    But , it was 2am interacting with a you know who lol .
    It's all just a bit of fun being on these boards.
    Too many take it too seriously imo.
    Honestly if you aren't banned then it's like worrying about the old rep and getting negged, is it worth it?

    Only the really naughty boys (and girls) get banned, might be an idea perhaps if mods implemented a "sin bin" system where people can cool off as some come straight into this section to complain and get themselves banned!

    In the greater scheme of things is it worth getting worked up over? I've just had some REAL LIFES HIT to deal with and puts thec rap on this forum into perspective.
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #4  
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    24,427
    Am I under some sort of special attention now or what?

    WTF is going on Jannno?

    Infracted for saying superfan now as well?


    I'm getting all sorts of antagonistic posts thrown in my face and your mods ignore them to concentrate on my response.

    I'm infracted for absolutely nothing comments like "SUPERFAN" which is clearly nothing but forum banter

    And when I dare confront one of your mods for shoddy moderating I'm accused of being abusive, told to calm down with a 24hr ban, have my replies deleted and threads closed.
    I felt like picking you straight up on that but decided not to bother, and now I see this ****.

    When I pulled LJOC up on it you asked me why would I hang a mod out to dry

    Are you and your moderating team beyond criticism?

    Are we not allowed to question when we're infracted?


    Seriously Jannno in 6 years of posting I've never seen this degree of intrusion from moderators before. Ive already said in my last complaint I was sick and tired of it, and now I've just noticed I've been red carded for having a joke about superfans with another poster.

    If I have to I'll go above all your heads and contact LFC.com to complain. We're paying customers and you lot are abusing your "powers".
    Last edited by RedBaros; 25-9-15 at 20:56.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #5  
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    24,427
    Just sent you a report on a poster I reported yesterday, because as I suspected nothing was done about that poster's insult towards me.

    I look forward to your explanation.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #6  
    Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    28,933
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaros View Post
    Am I under some sort of special attention now or what?

    WTF is going on Jannno?

    Infracted for saying superfan now as well?


    I'm getting all sorts of antagonistic posts thrown in my face and your mods ignore them to concentrate on my response.

    I'm infracted for absolutely nothing comments like "SUPERFAN" which is clearly nothing but forum banter

    And when I dare confront one of your mods for shoddy moderating I'm accused of being abusive, told to calm down with a 24hr ban, have my replies deleted and threads closed.
    I felt like picking you straight up on that but decided not to bother, and now I see this ****.

    When I pulled LJOC up on it you asked me why would I hang a mod out to dry

    Are you and your moderating team beyond criticism?

    Are we not allowed to question when we're infracted?


    Seriously Jannno in 6 years of posting I've never seen this degree of intrusion from moderators before. Ive already said in my last complaint I was sick and tired of it, and now I've just noticed I've been red carded for having a joke about superfans with another poster.

    If I have to I'll go above all your heads and contact LFC.com to complain. We're paying customers and you lot are abusing your "powers".
    Having just looked at the comments in the 4 infractions you received on Wednesday for being abusive, provoking others and avoiding the swear filter, I think your last point (I've bolded) is your best bet. Use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #7  
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    24,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Having just looked at the comments in the 4 infractions you received on Wednesday for being abusive, provoking others and avoiding the swear filter, I think your last point (I've bolded) is your best bet. Use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.
    Right so there's absolutely no chance of ever reasoning with any of you is there? I've explained clearly enough the problems ever since LJOC started the last time.

    In this instance I haven't had one single answer to any of the issues I've brought up. All you've done is delete my questions and issue infractions.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by RedBaros; 26-9-15 at 07:07. Reason: cba
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #8  
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    20,888
    And just a polite question then, if we do query infractions will we continue to get ridiculous bans? Or are we allowed to question mods once we don't insult them?

    Not trying to be smart here but considering some of my recent bans I think it's a very fair question which needs clarity.

    Because janno I'd really love to query my recent 7 day ban, I found it so childish it's actually embarrassing. Or do you think it was acceptable to give such a ban? There was nothing offensive at all in my posts.

    And please don't take me saying childish as offensive, it's just the way I feel about it and I'm expressing my opinion of that in this polite post.
    Last edited by DFK6; 28-9-15 at 19:26.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #9  
    Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    28,933
    Quote Originally Posted by DFK6 View Post
    And just a polite question then, if we do query infractions will we continue to get ridiculous bans? Or are we allowed to question mods once we don't insult them?

    Not trying to be smart here but considering some of my recent bans I think it's a very fair question which needs clarity.

    Because janno I'd really love to query my recent 7 day ban, I found it so childish it's actually embarrassing. Or do you think it was acceptable to give such a ban? There was nothing offensive at all in my posts.

    And please don't take me saying childish as offensive, it's just the way I feel about it and I'm expressing my opinion of that in this polite post.
    Hi DFK6

    The ban was for dismissing my explanation of your infractions as ''Sorry but this is a load of nonsense but I suspect you know that yourself'' after you were just back from a ban for abusing a moderator and the manager in a matter of days. Your infraction points had accumulated to a ban but the point had obviously not been taken the first time. Hence the second one.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #10  
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,292
    I got a ban for saying Rodgers Out.

    Apparently I was trying to antagonise other posters. That was interesting seeing as 90% of posters seem to want him gone I thought.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #11  
    Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    28,933
    Quote Originally Posted by theamerican00 View Post
    I got a ban for saying Rodgers Out.

    Apparently I was trying to antagonise other posters. That was interesting seeing as 90% of posters seem to want him gone I thought.
    Would all users please check their Infractions record before querying, as the reason for each infraction is always given in there. Ta
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #12  
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    20,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Hi DFK6

    The ban was for dismissing my explanation of your infractions as ''Sorry but this is a load of nonsense but I suspect you know that yourself'' after you were just back from a ban for abusing a moderator and the manager in a matter of days. Your infraction points had accumulated to a ban but the point had obviously not been taken the first time. Hence the second one.
    Thanks for the reply, while I think the ban was very unnecessary and don't agree with it or with the points I had accumulated I appreciate the explanation. Maybe I've a different view of being insulting than others do. Apologies if I offended anyone but me saying it's a load of nonsense was just me telling it how I thought it was, nothing bad was meant by it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #13  
    kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    22,413
    Quote Originally Posted by DFK6 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, while I think the ban was very unnecessary and don't agree with it or with the points I had accumulated I appreciate the explanation. Maybe I've a different view of being insulting than others do. Apologies if I offended anyone but me saying it's a load of nonsense was just me telling it how I thought it was, nothing bad was meant by it.
    Respect to you for this courteous reply DFK6. We do have differences of opinion, thats what makes us people as we're all made differently and if we all shared exactly the same view on anything and everything, well there'd be no need for a forum at all i suppose.
    Thank you

    ktt
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #14  
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    24,158
    Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post

    ktt
    Just don't do this !!! Lol
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #15  
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Would all users please check their Infractions record before querying, as the reason for each infraction is always given in there. Ta
    Yes but I can't even see what posts they are for some of them. They are just marked private.

    And of course I didn't deserve the infractions. Or if I did half the forum would be banned.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #16  
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,340
    One thing I noticed when receiving my first infraction was that I hadn't noticed it....if you know what I mean. So I carried on

    Is there an obvious notification that you have received a warning or whatever without actually looking at your infractions page yourself? If not it would be handy if there was, because in all honesty I didn't know.

    I definitely deserved the last one though
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #17  
    Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    28,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Icouldhavebeensomeone View Post
    One thing I noticed when receiving my first infraction was that I hadn't noticed it....if you know what I mean. So I carried on

    Is there an obvious notification that you have received a warning or whatever without actually looking at your infractions page yourself? If not it would be handy if there was, because in all honesty I didn't know.

    I definitely deserved the last one though
    It's a fair point. We have requested this before but Tech inform us that it's not possible on this software. The only way is to not infringe the T&Cs, so make sure you're familiar with them. If you think you've posted something close to the line, have a look in your posts or infractions.

    The real problem in threads like these is users coming back at us with aggression, hectoring or even abuse - not something you did, btw.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #18  
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    24,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    It's a fair point. We have requested this before but Tech inform us that it's not possible on this software. The only way is to not infringe the T&Cs, so make sure you're familiar with them. If you think you've posted something close to the line, have a look in your posts or infractions.

    The real problem in threads like these is users coming back at us with aggression, hectoring or even abuse - not something you did, btw.
    Would be a good function especially in the match threads.
    I'm sure many lose it through no malice just passion for the team .
    Or an hour cooling off period .
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #19  
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    20,888
    Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post
    Respect to you for this courteous reply DFK6. We do have differences of opinion, thats what makes us people as we're all made differently and if we all shared exactly the same view on anything and everything, well there'd be no need for a forum at all i suppose.
    Thank you

    ktt
    Haha you wouldn't be the first on here to have differences of opinion with me. Again apologies if I insulted you or anyone but this all started with me questioning a ban when I genuinely didn't think I was being insulting. I'm just not a very big fan of Brendan as a manager or as a person and I didn't think calling him a charlatan was personally insulting but obviously I'm wrong as a few have said so, so I'll try change the way I post and tone it down a bit.

    Nothing personal in questioning you as a mod pal I just didn't agree with my bans at the time and thought it was more who was posting at the time rather than the content of the posts. Apologies for that and to be honest it was childish and stupid of me.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #20  
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    24,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    It's a fair point. We have requested this before but Tech inform us that it's not possible on this software. The only way is to not infringe the T&Cs, so make sure you're familiar with them. If you think you've posted something close to the line, have a look in your posts or infractions.

    The real problem in threads like these is users coming back at us with aggression, hectoring or even abuse - not something you did, btw.
    The problem is Jannno that mods seem to be getting a lot more heavy handed these days. I noticed in another thread on feedback one of the mods saying you're trying to stamp out bickering and name calling.

    That's fine and understandable but in some cases the infractions do seem a bit OTT.

    For example the one I got from HHH. I was only having a joke and the superfans comment wasn't directed at anyone.
    I see how this can be taken as antagonistic if you really are trying to stamp out every comment that might offend someone, but the infraction was also out of proportion with other, worse offences that's got me say 1 point for 3 days, while the superfans one seemed to attract special attention and was worth 5 points for almost 2 weeks!! It's ongoing until the 7th October, just for saying superfans!

    Some of the things mods are doing lately I find insulting and antagonistic, I've tried to discuss them but got nowhere, which further adds to the annoyance. I'd rather not get caught up in these things but a person also has an inbuilt tendency to stand up for himself when he think's someone's taking liberties or paying special attention where others might not have to face the same consequences for identical uses of words.

    The other example is the 4 stars which was said to avoid the swear filter, but is a common occurrence and part and parcel of every day posting, also done by the mods.

    This grates, and although we don't want to get heated with mods, sometimes it's very difficult not to.

    This is not arguing or looking to restart a previous debate, only feedback. I think things can be improved on both sides, if we're being honest.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #21  
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,292
    I'll try again. I can't even read what I am supposed to have done. Its marked "private" and I can't see the post.

    Comment from HHH was " Ridiculous, nonsensical, provocative post." Then he blocked me viewing what sounds rather interesting actually. Anyway it obviously defeats the point of moderation in the first place.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #22  
    Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    28,933
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaros View Post
    The problem is Jannno that mods seem to be getting a lot more heavy handed these days. I noticed in another thread on feedback one of the mods saying you're trying to stamp out bickering and name calling.

    That's fine and understandable but in some cases the infractions do seem a bit OTT.

    For example the one I got from HHH. I was only having a joke and the superfans comment wasn't directed at anyone.
    I see how this can be taken as antagonistic if you really are trying to stamp out every comment that might offend someone, but the infraction was also out of proportion with other, worse offences that's got me say 1 point for 3 days, while the superfans one seemed to attract special attention and was worth 5 points for almost 2 weeks!! It's ongoing until the 7th October, just for saying superfans!

    Some of the things mods are doing lately I find insulting and antagonistic, I've tried to discuss them but got nowhere, which further adds to the annoyance. I'd rather not get caught up in these things but a person also has an inbuilt tendency to stand up for himself when he think's someone's taking liberties or paying special attention where others might not have to face the same consequences for identical uses of words.

    The other example is the 4 stars which was said to avoid the swear filter, but is a common occurrence and part and parcel of every day posting, also done by the mods.

    This grates, and although we don't want to get heated with mods, sometimes it's very difficult not to.

    This is not arguing or looking to restart a previous debate, only feedback. I think things can be improved on both sides, if we're being honest.
    We are trying to cut the abuse of others by users. If you had a look at how you spoke to bilsland for infracting you, and that your tone was the same after that, there didn'the seem go be a lot of point responding as you weren't taking notice of what we were saying. Anyhow, hopefully there's a bit more understanding on all sides.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #23  
    Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    28,933
    Quote Originally Posted by theamerican00 View Post
    I'll try again. I can't even read what I am supposed to have done. Its marked "private" and I can't see the post.

    Comment from HHH was " Ridiculous, nonsensical, provocative post." Then he blocked me viewing what sounds rather interesting actually. Anyway it obviously defeats the point of moderation in the first place.
    You are supposed to be able to see the content of your post, I think. Can you describe where you see the word 'private'?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #24  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,601
    Just checking what my infraction was for on the 29/9?

    I think I may have an idea, was it about an Australian 'entertainer'?

    I did think it was a bit close to bone at the time, to be honest.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #25  
    kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    22,413
    You are correct in all respects Bewdleyfan.

    Nothing more to add to be honest.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #26  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,601
    Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post
    You are correct in all respects Bewdleyfan.

    Nothing more to add to be honest.
    Cheers for the quick reply mate. I'll try and bite my lip next time, it was just too tempting!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #27  
    kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    22,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    Cheers for the quick reply mate. I'll try and bite my lip next time, it was just too tempting!
    Hehe, its easily done. Got to keep that razor sharp wit in check sometimes
    Last edited by kickthetyres; 1-10-15 at 15:12.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #28  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Icouldhavebeensomeone View Post
    One thing I noticed when receiving my first infraction was that I hadn't noticed it....if you know what I mean. So I carried on

    Is there an obvious notification that you have received a warning or whatever without actually looking at your infractions page yourself? If not it would be handy if there was, because in all honesty I didn't know.

    I definitely deserved the last one though
    I just read this and then checked my infractions page, I didn't know I had a few recently. WELL ****** ME ANYWAY!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #29  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,751
    I have no particular desire to fight someone else's battles, but you had no reason to ban Plan-D, and only serve to prove his point. Common sense is seemingly lacking in some of the decision making. I find it astonishing you can't be criticised, I accept it's a voluntary position but you are also fans, I'm led to believe, so sometimes you need to take a step back and think properly before just banning people because they hurt your feelings.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #30  
    Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    28,933
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    I have no particular desire to fight someone else's battles, but you had no reason to ban Plan-D, and only serve to prove his point. Common sense is seemingly lacking in some of the decision making. I find it astonishing you can't be criticised, I accept it's a voluntary position but you are also fans, I'm led to believe, so sometimes you need to take a step back and think properly before just banning people because they hurt your feelings.
    Pan-D was continuing to insult other posters and his points accumulated from previous incidents. I can promise you, no feelings were hurt. These assumptions about mods taking comments personally are very misplaced, whilst we deal every day with users taking our actions personally - again, misplaced. We moderate what we read in posts.

    Your repeated personal insults of others have got you where you are now, also. The message about not insulting others needs to be taken on board so users can give their opinions without being held up for ridicule or beaten into submission.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •