Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
Results 1,111 to 1,133 of 1133

Thread: **Query Your Infractions in Here. Polite Requests Only Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    It was your fifth infraction in a matter of weeks for posting words/content that's inappropriate for the forums. If you continue in spite of warnings, the only way to get you to stop is to remove you from the forums.
    Hi Jannno.

Can you please tell me which words or content I posted which were inappropriate? I was very careful not to post swear words etc. In the thread in question, I was one of the few to keep it amusing and not rude/vulgar.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

By the way, I'm really not trying to be antagonistic at all by asking this.

I just think that threatening a permaban is a bit much. I contribute to these forums very positively in the main. I welcome new posters, I stick up for posters being bullied and generally get along with people fine.

I have really curtailed the innuendo and as for taking football related things off topic, I totally got it. I just thought a thread like that was like one of the pun threads posted now and then which are allowed. I wasn't at all rude in that thread.

Do I really deserve the threat of a permaban?

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Can't really re-post words we've deleted for being inappropriate, but there were a few in that thread from you. 'Remove you from the forums' doesn't mean a permanent ban it means giving you a temporary ban so you get the message. Hopefully not reaching the point of a permanent one if you stop doing the things that keep getting you infracted.

Can't really re-post words we've deleted for being inappropriate, but there were a few in that thread from you. 'Remove you from the forums' doesn't mean a permanent ban it means giving you a temporary ban so you get the message. Hopefully not reaching the point of a permanent one if you stop doing the things that keep getting you infracted.
    Hey, OK, fine. Absolutely no problem.

For the life of me I can't remember posting anything at all vulgar in that thread, but I'll take your word for it. I don't want to argue at all.

I will try to refrain from posting that may cause offence.

As a side note, I think Darrren1 in that thread didn't mean any harm, he was just testing the swear filter (which of course is ridiculous in its own right). I'm not sure if MAPS took it the wrong way, thinking he was swearing at him. He was simply testing the swear filter. He wasn't directing any comments at anyone. Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you guys realised that he wasn't being abusive to anyone, but simply had a stupid moment. You know he's a good poster on here, I'm sure.

Anyway, I was about to say enjoy your evening, but as it's almost deadline day, I guess you'll all have your work cut out.

aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Last edited by aylesbyred; 4-9-17 at 18:04.

Darrren1 is online now Better tables than DFS
    Cookygarcia... I see you infracted me today at 6pm, for 'seeking to provoke other users'. I wasn't even posting at that time, or for a couple of days before that I believe.

How far are you going back?

You could at least link it to the post or thread so I've got an idea what post you're talking about.

Are you just sitting there reading old posts of mine and taking offence at them?

How baffling.

If any other mod can enlighten me as to what post she's referring to, that would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrren1 View Post
    Cookygarcia... I see you infracted me today at 6pm, for 'seeking to provoke other users'. I wasn't even posting at that time, or for a couple of days before that I believe.

How far are you going back?

You could at least link it to the post or thread so I've got an idea what post you're talking about.

Are you just sitting there reading old posts of mine and taking offence at them?

How baffling.

If any other mod can enlighten me as to what post she's referring to, that would be helpful.
    No need for that comment. The indraction was the one digging at me about the Twitter Thread. It's the way the system works that once the content is deleted only mods can see it, so that's why it wasn't apparent what it was for.
    Last edited by Jannno; 8-9-17 at 13:32.

No need for that comment. The indraction was the one digging at me about the Twitter Thread. It's the way the system works that once the content is deleted only mods can see it, so that's why it wasn't apparent what it was for.
    You mean the post you'd already dealt with days ago by deleting it?

The bold bit wasn't a dig at her, I was just surprised she was coming across old posts of mine - and without knowing what post she was referring to, I couldn't be sure it if was a post from 2 days ago, 2 weeks or 2 years.

In that case, is it not possible to type in the reason - ie 'I've infracted you for a comment you made in the Twitter thread about X, Y and Z' or can you only select from a list of standard reasons?

So let's see if I've got this right...

Jannno, you deleted a post of mine and gave me a 5 point infraction.

Then, days later, another of your modding team comes along and give the same post another 3 point infraction.

Is that correct?

And you're ok with that? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrren1 View Post
    So let's see if I've got this right...

Jannno, you deleted a post of mine and gave me a 5 point infraction.

Then, days later, another of your modding team comes along and give the same post another 3 point infraction.

Is that correct?

And you're ok with that? Seriously?
    No, it's not possible to infract the same post twice. It is possible to be infracted for two posts on the same page, neither of which have still got the message about not accepting moderation without feeling the need to make underhand remarks. It's not complicated and you can stop it happening by just not needing to keep scoring points against the mods when they are doing their job of managing the forums. Not necessarily to your personal satisfaction, but then as I've said more than once in reply to you, there's more to consider than you simply having fun or accusing mods of being spoilsports.

No, it's not possible to infract the same post twice. It is possible to be infracted for two posts on the same page, neither of which have still got the message about not accepting moderation without feeling the need to make underhand remarks. It's not complicated and you can stop it happening by just not needing to keep scoring points against the mods when they are doing their job of managing the forums. Not necessarily to your personal satisfaction, but then as I've said more than once in reply to you, there's more to consider than you simply having fun or accusing mods of being spoilsports.
    Ok fine, but if you look at the post you gave me the infraction for, it was in relation to the previous post - as evidenced by your explanation.

The 2nd post was a nothingy sort of post, but that was where you left the infraction - although it was clearly in relation to both posts and mainly the first one.

So basically, you deleted both posts and left the infraction with the 2nd one (although it probably would have made more sense to leave it on the first one) - but the point is, you'd dealt with it all.

So surely it doesn't make sense that another mod can leave another infraction on the first post too?

That's overkill don't you think?

Could whoever banned me last time (game day MC) please show me where I was presumed trolling. Thanks.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    Could whoever banned me last time (game day MC) please show me where I was presumed trolling. Thanks.
    You'd made several posts prior to that one, intended to provoke other users...it was a slam dunk 5 pointer, which, unfortunately for you, triggered a 3 day ban.

FYI...Due to repeated previous infractions, you are also now only 5 points away from a 7 day ban.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    You'd made several posts prior to that one, intended to provoke other users...it was a slam dunk 5 pointer, which, unfortunately for you, triggered a 3 day ban.

FYI...Due to repeated previous infractions, you are also now only 5 points away from a 7 day ban.
    I don't think I intended to provoke anyone. I respond to people who post to me, and while it may not be "nice" its not intended for anything but to respond. There are a lot of stupid things said on here, I can't help but point them out.

How long do I have to go being "nice" before I'm not 5 points away from this next ban?

Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    I don't think I intended to provoke anyone. I respond to people who post to me, and while it may not be "nice" its not intended for anything but to respond. There are a lot of stupid things said on here, I can't help but point them out.

How long do I have to go being "nice" before I'm not 5 points away from this next ban?
    You are now 2 points off...you got another 3 points from another mod during the match thread last night.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    LJOC, why have you given me an infraction for clarifying my point and visibly ending my part in the discussion? There was nothing 'petty' about it, other than another kneejerk infraction, which seems to be the norm with you.

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    LJOC, why have you given me an infraction for clarifying my point and visibly ending my part in the discussion? There was nothing 'petty' about it, other than another kneejerk infraction, which seems to be the norm with you.
    I'm not getting worked up at all, don't flatter yourself.
    That will do now, you're boring me.
    These two parts of your post are the reason you have an infraction, which seems to be the norm with you.

What's wrong with 'don't flatter yourself'? And he, and the whole conversation, was boring me. What's the problem? I got an infraction for telling someone they're boring? Jesus wept.

You're the only one who jumps to infractions so quickly. Every single time.

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    What's wrong with 'don't flatter yourself'? And he, and the whole conversation, was boring me. What's the problem? I got an infraction for telling someone they're boring? Jesus wept.

You're the only one who jumps to infractions so quickly. Every single time.
    If you can't see that those parts of your post are bickering then I can't help you.

Cut those out and we're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    If you can't see that those parts of your post are bickering then I can't help you.

Cut those out and we're fine.
    They weren't bickering, I was putting an end to the discussion. Also, I'd started that reply before I'd even seen your post.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Hi Jannno,

Sorry another thread got derailed. I should have done a lot more to prevent that happening and shouldn't have risen to the bait. I recognise I should have reported posts instead of replying and letting that escalate as far as it did.

I do have one concern, in that it seems a little unfair to me that the same punishment was doled out to the two people involved despite a lot more coming in my direction. I didn't cover myself in glory, and I'm not going to complain about any of my infractions. But the day before the other poster involved had sent a number particularly distasteful comments my way. Beyond comments on my suitedness for the podcast, including a threat to boycott that podcast for as long as I was involved, one of his remarks was especially vile - calling me, in his words, 'pure human garbage'. That is frankly unacceptable.

While I didn't do myself any favours, I certainly didn't go to such extremes in response. I find it frustrating that, though the posts were deleted, they were deleted for being 'off topic' and not for being fundamentally extremely insulting. In the context of those remarks, the Leicester post match thread became another opportunity for him to take a swipe. While I shouldn't have helped the thread to derail, the level of personal insult he sent my way far outweighed any response I gave him in terms of offense. And in truth I don't think he should have been allowed to continue posting after his unacceptable comments about me in the podcast thread. So I find it a bit hard to take that we were given the same punishment in light of that.

FAO Maps.

Your ban was triggered by a build up of points over a period of time... and whilst the end result was the same...the infractions handed out in that incident were not.

If you need further info, you'll need to wait for Jannno to get back to you.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    FAO Maps.

Your ban was triggered by a build up of points over a period of time... and whilst the end result was the same...the infractions handed out in that incident were not.

If you need further info, you'll need to wait for Jannno to get back to you.
    Thanks for the reply. Further info would be good, cheers.