Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Results 1,051 to 1,079 of 1079

Thread: **Query Your Infractions in Here. Polite Requests Only Please.

Dear Moderators,

I wanted to start a 'new thread' on our full-back need and posted a thread about 'Ricardo Periera'. Would you be kind enough to let that thread appear? Thanks
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGirum View Post
    Dear Moderators,

I wanted to start a 'new thread' on our full-back need and posted a thread about 'Ricardo Periera'. Would you be kind enough to let that thread appear? Thanks
    done.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

[
    Any chance you could change the edited part of my initial post that I am referring to above? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    [
    Any chance you could change the edited part of my initial post that I am referring to above? Cheers.
    I've removed the 3 posts completely.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    I've removed the 3 posts completely.
    Fair play.

Hi Mods,

Do I get a Fair Play award for having no Infractions?

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPool Stark View Post
    Hi Mods,

Do I get a Fair Play award for having no Infractions?
    Yes...you get a ban.

I think you may as well just outright ban me lads, I just keep finding myself wanting to abuse some of these posters all the time, im not angry or anything but I am past caring and I just like to call a **** a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    I think you may as well just outright ban me lads, I just keep finding myself wanting to abuse some of these posters all the time, im not angry or anything but I am past caring and I just like to call a **** a ****.
    I'd rather you calmed down and kept contributing to the discussions.

Getting yourself banned, is exactly what the posters you get banned over... want.

Grotton, I don't get why I got infracted for replying to a post of 'Is there any 10.30 news tonight?' with 'Yes, there are a load of refugees killed off the coast but no one seems bothered about it'.

That's off topic if anything and not insulting etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    Grotton, I don't get why I got infracted for replying to a post of 'Is there any 10.30 news tonight?' with 'Yes, there are a load of refugees killed off the coast but no one seems bothered about it'.

That's off topic if anything and not insulting etc.
    It was totally inappropriate...and you are well aware of that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    It was totally inappropriate...and you are well aware of that fact.
    Inappropriate? In what sense?

I live in a country where this crap happens all the time. It never gets reported which is disgraceful.

It was simply a political twist to that post. It was off topic, but nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    Inappropriate? In what sense?

I live in a country where this crap happens all the time. It never gets reported which is disgraceful.

It was simply a political twist to that post. It was off topic, but nothing more.
    You've had your answer. The infraction stands...move on now.

Hi, I seem to have been given a five point infraction for failing to heed moderators requests. Could I have some clarification on this. I haven't received an infraction for over six months so is that standard to receive five points for this infraction, and am I now going to always receive five points for one violation of terms of service.

I'm also confused as to why I received it. I was told to move on but then asked follow up questions that I was concerned about. I was subsequently told, despite the fact that this post was removed, that this post would suffice for my questions. If that is the case, why am I subsequently being punished for doing that?

I'm confused as to how I should approach asking for clarification now. I'm being told I didnt follow a moderators request to drop something but then told that my questions in that post are ok and would be addressed.

I apologise again for the disruption but I genuinely do not know what to do. I'm also sorry for attempting to clarify my position and apologise, and understand that I'm not permitted to reply to moderation but my desire to apologise and clarify my point overwhelms that. I understand if that is difficult for people to accept and makes me appear stupid, as kickthetires alluded to in his comment about the words being right there on the screen but I am stupid at times. So sorry for that.

Thanks for any help in this matter.

Hi

You received the infraction for not heeding a moderators request.

If you want to avoid more infractions, I suggest you not make further posts on the matter until you receive a response that warrants a reply.

This post isn't one of those.

Coach791 is offline First team regular
    I was extremely polite, I couldn't have been more polite making the request and complaint. Making a polite and official complaint is my legal right. I have screen shot my polite request to have my infraction reversed and it has been deleted. I will forward this in my complaint to the club also. Once again I politely request my infraction for non offensive banter be looked at again.

It was a joke post quoting Xavi talking about only 2% people understanding football and was absolutely moderate and polite banter with somebody I regularly speak to. I will screen shot this again and should my 2nd polite request be deleted I will add to my official complaint of harassment.
    Last edited by Coach791; 26-6-17 at 19:12.

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    I was extremely polite, I couldn't have been more polite making the request and complaint. Making a polite and official complaint is my legal right. I have screen shot my polite request to have my infraction reversed and it has been deleted. I will forward this in my complaint to the club also. Once again I politely request my infraction for non offensive banter be looked at again.

It was a joke post quoting Xavi talking about only 2% people understanding football and was absolutely moderate and polite banter with somebody I regularly speak to. I will screen shot this again and should my 2nd polite request be deleted I will add to my official complaint of harassment.
    Hi Coach. I will reply to this as I gave you the infractions. Sorry I just can't do it tonight though. I'll do it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Hi Coach. I will reply to this as I gave you the infractions. Sorry I just can't do it tonight though. I'll do it tomorrow.
    That's fine Janno. I believe 100% Janno there needs to be a feedback section where feedback is allowed. Polite, constructive feedback because there are multiple cases of a moderator behaving inappropriately, aggressively, talking down to posters and threatening them if they don't just accept the moderators behaviour.

I have had three official complaints reference 170227-000097, 170227-000097, 170227-000120. Not one has been responded to and I've sought legal advice a few months back. I have recorded every exchange via screen shot. To not have a complaints policy for bullying or staff misbehaviour is illegal.

I have tried to notify moderators (as have many others) through complaints here, through emails, through feedback and the moderator the complaints are about deletes those complaints and issues threats. Even though the complaints are polite, official and we're legally entitled to inform a website or poor behaviour of their staff it is then labelled 'abuse' or 'having a pop' at moderating team but the moderator we are officially complaining about.

I am going to set up a thread now where posters can give official feedback on moderators. My honest suggestion would be not to delete this post or that thread as you go from not having a complaints procedure in place to active blocking feedback.

Moderators should welcome feedback if posters can do so in a reasonable manner.

Hi Coach. The post you were infracted for was indeed on the subject of Xavi's comment about only 2% of people understanding football. Your infracted comment was aimed at Mysteron and said ''The few of us in the 2% know there's no point trying to teach you Ron. We'd have more success with an Ant Farm learning the intricate science of football.'' When judging the tone and meaning of posts all of us mods look at the context of it. It was a 5 point infraction which added to your existing 10 points to bring an automatic 24hr ban. It's how the forums work.

Since the start of the year you have received 13 infractions from a range of mods, for insulting and offensive posting, many of them involving Mysteron and he has received numerous infractions for the same. You can see how a mod would not look at your comment to Ron and think it was light hearted banter, and we can't operate on the basis of 'this time I was only joking'. The comment was totally in line with the more problematic elements of your posting, which is not all of it, by any means, but it is too frequent and needs to stop if you wish to remain a member of these forums. There is no harassment or victimising of you, and just saying it doesn't make it true. Your infraction record has over 100 incidents for offensive comments and some might argue that's well past the point when you should have got the message and curbed your offensive comments to others or been removed permanently.

Regarding your comments about legal action on your right to free speech: membership of these forums is not a legal right. Users are allowed to post on here as long as their contribution doesn't detract from the enjoyment of others and does not contravene the T&Cs. That's a matter for our judgement and in those cases we have the right to remove your posts or your membership of the forums, temporarily or, as a last resort, permanently. We have done that in the past and in spite of some comments that there are too many trolls and nuisances around, the worst ones of the past have either been removed or have removed themselves and the forums are better for it.

Mods come to the forums every day to keep the boards free of abuse, derailing of threads and inappropriate content so that discussion of the topic in hand can continue without too much hindrance of the 99% of our thousands of users who never have a post deleted or receive an infraction. Mods spend most of their time on a small number of users whose posting repeatedly come up for intervention. They are the users who are eventually removed permanently because they don't heed the warnings and get the message. That's not 'threatening you with a ban', that's letting you know your situation on these forums as it stands at present, which I feel it's only fair to let you know.

That's our position. Beyond this, your recourse is to take your specific complaint to Customer Services.

I am going to set up a thread now where posters can give official feedback on moderators. My honest suggestion would be not to delete this post or that thread as you go from not having a complaints procedure in place to active blocking feedback.

Moderators should welcome feedback if posters can do so in a reasonable manner.
    Sorry Coach, I think our posts have crossed and I was typing my answer as you typed yours.

Regarding your comment above, no, there won't be such a thread. Users don't get to call the shots on how these forums work. Please heed what I wrote in my reply above.

Why was I infracted for calling a post 'comedy gold'? What's wrong with that?

Hi Coach. The post you were infracted for was indeed on the subject of Xavi's comment about only 2% of people understanding football. Your infracted comment was aimed at Mysteron and said ''The few of us in the 2% know there's no point trying to teach you Ron. We'd have more success with an Ant Farm learning the intricate science of football.'' When judging the tone and meaning of posts all of us mods look at the context of it. It was a 5 point infraction which added to your existing 10 points to bring an automatic 24hr ban. It's how the forums work.

Since the start of the year you have received 13 infractions from a range of mods, for insulting and offensive posting, many of them involving Mysteron and he has received numerous infractions for the same. You can see how a mod would not look at your comment to Ron and think it was light hearted banter, and we can't operate on the basis of 'this time I was only joking'. The comment was totally in line with the more problematic elements of your posting, which is not all of it, by any means, but it is too frequent and needs to stop if you wish to remain a member of these forums. There is no harassment or victimising of you, and just saying it doesn't make it true. Your infraction record has over 100 incidents for offensive comments and some might argue that's well past the point when you should have got the message and curbed your offensive comments to others or been removed permanently.

Regarding your comments about legal action on your right to free speech: membership of these forums is not a legal right. Users are allowed to post on here as long as their contribution doesn't detract from the enjoyment of others and does not contravene the T&Cs. That's a matter for our judgement and in those cases we have the right to remove your posts or your membership of the forums, temporarily or, as a last resort, permanently. We have done that in the past and in spite of some comments that there are too many trolls and nuisances around, the worst ones of the past have either been removed or have removed themselves and the forums are better for it.

Mods come to the forums every day to keep the boards free of abuse, derailing of threads and inappropriate content so that discussion of the topic in hand can continue without too much hindrance of the 99% of our thousands of users who never have a post deleted or receive an infraction. Mods spend most of their time on a small number of users whose posting repeatedly come up for intervention. They are the users who are eventually removed permanently because they don't heed the warnings and get the message. That's not 'threatening you with a ban', that's letting you know your situation on these forums as it stands at present, which I feel it's only fair to let you know.

That's our position. Beyond this, your recourse is to take your specific complaint to Customer Services.
    Janno there isn't much point listing previous infractions when I am saying infractions are handed out without oversight and often targeted. For example I have seen other posters directly swear at me, abuse me and call me names and not receive an infraction.

I don't think you quite understand how complaints procedures work. We're not talking free speech we're talking abuse from moderators. You don't get to decide if you or another moderator are harassing me which is my complaint. It has to go above you that is called a complaints procedure.

If you think my having a joke about a Xavi quote with Ron is offensive please share how? It was light hearted banter. In fact I have been banned recently for simply disagreeing what was off topic. I have also received a ban for making a complaint.

These are not offensive comments and this is my point. My regards are not regarding free speech they are regarding bullying. Abuse of power where I don't post something offensive or outside of policy guidelines and still get threatened.

Once again your response completely ignores my specific complaints. I find your position on this really disappointing and will continue to make official complaints with the evidence I have. Even here now you have said this

'you should have got the message and curbed your offensive comments to others or been removed permanently.'

Every time I have made a complaint I have received the same message. A threat. However you can't show me the abusive comment I was banned for because it wasn't abusive. That's the point. I am being threatened with a ban for abusive comments that are not abusive.

Legally we should have a complaints procedure. I have emailed customer services three times to complain (ref 170214-000082, 170227-000097 and 170227-000120) and not received a single response. I will send a 4th now and attach your response.

I am one of the most prolific posters on the boards and try my best to share as much information as possible. I am sharing the information that one moderator in particular is aggressive, threatening and blocks any attempts from posters to feedback this behaviour.

If you choose to threaten me for relaying this information that's your choice but I have informed you now so you are aware. I also understand you're a volunteer and I'm not looking to make issues where there shouldn't be. There needs to be some oversight. Janno I was recently received an infraction for thanking a moderator (kickthetyres) for taking the time to talk to me in a nice manner (by the moderator I have accused of harassment).

That's not abusive posting. These are what I'm being infracted for so it would be more pleasant for me to actually contact customer services again and explain. I don't need threats of bans for abusive posting when i'm not abusively posting.
    Last edited by Coach791; 27-6-17 at 12:44.

Is it five points for an infraction on here now? I just can't keep up or get my head 'round the inflation in football these days.
    Last edited by PAISLEYISNO1; 29-6-17 at 17:48.

Quote Originally Posted by PAISLEYISNO1 View Post
    Is it's five points for an infraction on here now? I just can't keep up or get my head 'round the inflation in football these days.
    Has been for a while, that means three infringements makes the point with a 24hr auto ban on 15 points; unless the user is new and not aware of expectations, when it's less, just to be nice You being a stalwart of the forums though.........

Has been for a while, that means three infringements makes the point with a 24hr auto ban on 15 points; unless the user is new and not aware of expectations, when it's less, just to be nice You being a stalwart of the forums though.........
    Might it be an idea to update you guidelines/terms of conditions thread to state that a single infringement will be given a five point infraction if you have been here x number of years? And to further specify that you treat people differently according to the length of time they have used the forum?

This might have helped with my confusion if such an explanation was clearly stated in your own posting guideline thread.
    Last edited by FIOS; 29-6-17 at 21:21.

Last edited by GrottonRed; 15-7-17 at 12:27. Reason: If you want to query the infraction, do it without the personal stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Might it be an idea to update you guidelines/terms of conditions thread to state that a single infringement will be given a five point infraction if you have been here x number of years? And to further specify that you treat people differently according to the length of time they have used the forum?

This might have helped with my confusion if such an explanation was clearly stated in your own posting guideline thread.
    Any feed back on this?

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Any feed back on this?
    Do you mean you would post something if it was 3 points, but not if it was 5? It shouldn't make any difference. What we need is users not to post what they know isn't acceptable, especially when they know the standards on here. Infractions involve a series of judgements every time - context, tone etc so specifying in great detail isn't practical.

Do you mean you would post something if it was 3 points, but not if it was 5? It shouldn't make any difference. What we need is users not to post what they know isn't acceptable, especially when they know the standards on here. Infractions involve a series of judgements every time - context, tone etc so specifying in great detail isn't practical.
    No, what I mean is that in your terms and guidelines it states that you may receive a 1,3,5, etc point infraction depending on the infringement and how persistently you infringe the rules. Someone asked you "if it was five points for an infraction now", and you replied that it had been for a while. My suggestion is to clarify that if you have been here x number of years you will be treated differently than someone new, which is demonstrably the case. You even reiterate the point that you will be treated differently because people should know the standards on here. Also, having not received an infraction for over six months, my first was 5 points. So clearly, and by your own admission, something has changed, and it isn't the frequency of the infringement. My suggestion was that this could be clarified in the terms and conditions/user guide thread. Meaning instead of it stating you will receive a 1.3.5, point infraction it should simply state that if you have been here a while you will receive 5 points for any infringement. Is that a fair or accurate description of what is going on now?