Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1373

Thread: **Query Your Infractions in Here. Polite Requests Only Please.

Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post
    Sorry, that link leads to a failed search page for me.
    http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/search...archid=8079245
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscouse View Post
    Apart from this poster, who can use the same insult over and over again and nothing is done.
    http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/search...archid=8079245
    You need to link directly to a post...not the search.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    You need to link directly to a post...not the search.
    Ok, fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    Anyone who dares tell me that Can is better than him is a moron.
    I'm just waiting for the first moron to come in with "oh but remember how Lucas was MOTM at CB in the league cup final, Klopp is right we dont need to spend
    If any moron out there dare tells me that Wijnaldum is a good signing they can go to *********** hell.
    You sound like an opposition supporter, and probably are.

We ere superb tonight yet whoppers like you will still bleat on because you think you could do a better job than professional managers

What a moron
    Great to see another player make Fowi look like a moron
    Exhibit A, B, C, D and E.
    Last edited by bigscouse; 24-1-18 at 00:55.

If we'd seen those, they'd all have been edited and or infracted...which is why they should be reported at the time.

As KTT said, we aren't omnipresent and need the cooperation of posters...especially at busy periods such as match days.

However, that doesn't give other posters the right to break the rules themselves.

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscouse View Post
    Ok, fine

Exhibit A, B, C, D and E.
    I haven't been and looked at the context of all those but in those posts the insult isn't being directed at anyone specifically. The word moron itself isn't banned or it would be in the swear filter. It's a question of whether you are directing at someone an insulting name.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsland View Post
    WS...As you have already received two perfectly reasonable replies to your queries and shown that you cannot accept any kind of moderation, I do not expect ‘ reason ‘ to have any part in your reply to this. Contrary to what you believe, we cannot do as we like. We are also bound by the T&C’s and to a stricter level than yourself. We are answerable to the Club and any poster can apply to Club for recourse. We rarely act alone and often confer when making decisions. Also I have on several occasions admitted making a mistake and reversed a decision. We are human after all.
    What we will not accept Is unwarranted verbal aggression from posters , it is not acceptable in any workplace . . Also making accusations of collusion between us is a massive insult to mine and everyone else’s integrity. Which is why it will not be tolerated. This is why , if you don’t rein it in you will find yourself with yet more infractions as has already been explained to you.
    Reasonable to you perhaps, but not to me. I was involved in a discussion, he said it was a 'new low in quality of discussion'. I let him know he didn't have to be involved in it, what was unwarranted about that? Why was that met with a deleted post and the exclamation 'don't start'? Don't start what?

So now you don't expect any reason from me? I find that a massive insult. As for your comment on not accepting 'any kind of moderation', I do and have before when it's warranted. I don't think it was this time, but here I am being met with the usual 'Rein it in or you'll get more infractions'

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Just re-iterating what GR said.
    Putting yourself in the place of or above the mod is where your problem starts WS. While ever you keep doing that you'll have interventions from us and the more you do it the longer your bans will become until it becomes permanent.
    Where have I done this???

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Where have I done this???
    Anywhere where you tell the mod their job or what they should and shouldn't do. That's what turns small issues into big ones. The thing we have to say most often is just report and move on, and we see every reported post and act if necessary. We may not react in the way you agree but as Bils says, we discuss reports very often between ourselves. Broad accusations on the lines of 'you let others get away with....', we can't act upon. Anyone who comes all guns blazing in here dishing out insults and accusations get short shrift. Have a re-read of the User Guide that is at the top of every forum.

Anywhere where you tell the mod their job or what they should and shouldn't do. That's what turns small issues into big ones. The thing we have to say most often is just report and move on, and we see every reported post and act if necessary. We may not react in the way you agree but as Bils says, we discuss reports very often between ourselves. Broad accusations on the lines of 'you let others get away with....', we can't act upon. Anyone who comes all guns blazing in here dishing out insults and accusations get short shrift. Have a re-read of the User Guide that is at the top of every forum.
    I didn't tell him his job, and there was nothing to be reported. I have literally no idea what you're going on about now.

He thought the quality of the discussion was a new low, I said he didn't have to be involved in it. That's all. Why did that need to be deleted with the tag 'don't start'?

I didn't tell him his job, and there was nothing to be reported. I have literally no idea what you're going on about now.

He thought the quality of the discussion was a new low, I said he didn't have to be involved in it. That's all. Why did that need to be deleted with the tag 'don't start'?
    Your initial post 130 in this thread wasn't a genuine enquiry, it was just a lash out at the modding. We answered you after that. GR and Bils pointed out wider issues with your responses to mods. It could have ended there. None of it is meant personally at you and modding is meant to pre-empt problems as well as acting after the event.

Your initial post 130 in this thread wasn't a genuine enquiry, it was just a lash out at the modding. We answered you after that. GR and Bils pointed out wider issues with your responses to mods. It could have ended there. None of it is meant personally at you and modding is meant to pre-empt problems as well as acting after the event.
    Can you answer this, please. 'He thought the quality of the discussion was a new low, I said he didn't have to be involved in it. That's all. Why did that need to be deleted with the tag 'don't start'?'

That's where it started, or am I supposed to shut up and let mods delete anything they want, and say what they want, whether I think it was warranted or not? If so, I doubt I'll be posting on here as much.

They pointed out issues with my responses and it could have ended there, so I can't reply to what I think are wrong accusations and assumptions?

Can you answer this, please. 'He thought the quality of the discussion was a new low, I said he didn't have to be involved in it. That's all. Why did that need to be deleted with the tag 'don't start'?'

That's where it started, or am I supposed to shut up and let mods delete anything they want, and say what they want, whether I think it was warranted or not? If so, I doubt I'll be posting on here as much.

They pointed out issues with my responses and it could have ended there, so I can't reply to what I think are wrong accusations and assumptions?
    We're discussing that first paragraph now so will get back to you....

In response to your second paragraph it's basically yes, you might not agree but we hold the line on what's acceptable. As I said, come and ask about it but be civil if you want us to put the time in to investigate.

It seems to me that this isn't just about the one incident you describe there, but about a mod attempt to nip in the bud something that would have grown into another conflict, of which there have been many, looking at your infraction history. GR's initial comment about the quality of the discussion wasn't aimed at you. I'd also say that I'd advise we apologise when we are in the wrong, and we do that. Trouble is, if users come at us with aggression or snide sarcasm, especially over something as small as a post edit or deletion, it doesn't create an atmosphere conducive to apologies from either side.

Your second paragraph is a concern though, as all users have to accept moderation and you decide whether you continue to post on here under those terms.

It seems to me that this isn't just about the one incident you describe there, but about a mod attempt to nip in the bud something that would have grown into another conflict, of which there have been many, looking at your infraction history. GR's initial comment about the quality of the discussion wasn't aimed at you. I'd also say that I'd advise we apologise when we are in the wrong, and we do that. Trouble is, if users come at us with aggression or snide sarcasm, especially over something as small as a post edit or deletion, it doesn't create an atmosphere conducive to apologies from either side.

Your second paragraph is a concern though, as all users have to accept moderation and you decide whether you continue to post on here under those terms.
    He quoted me and made the comment. To me, it was about that one incident and not 'another conflict'. I've received plenty of snide comments and sarcasm from various mods, but I guess that's alright.

So I'm to just accept mods deleting my posts for no reason? Got it. Have a good day.

I got 3 infraction points for having a bit of craic.

That can't be right, surely?

Forum feedback isn't the place for it Seamus...the poster has a right to ask a question of the mods without someone taking the **** out of them.

As I've said in the thread where you posted it, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and reverse it...but please think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Forum feedback isn't the place for it Seamus...the poster has a right to ask a question of the mods without someone taking the **** out of them.

As I've said in the thread where you posted it, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and reverse it...but please think before you post.
    Sound.

Last edited by bilsland; 25-1-18 at 17:16. Reason: Refusing to heed moderation with unacceptable comment

Fair enough.

Not an infraction but ljoc just closed an old Darren thread and told me not to repeat what I wrote. Just not sure if I misunderstood his infraction. I was told by Janno he was coming back after some discussion. He isn't back and he is a loss to this forum and that is an undeniable fact.

I accept its a tough job moderating, but sadly posters who have only bad things to say about players, manager and the owners can keep on saying what they like, but criticising moderation rules and standards gets thumped.

Who gets to police the police?

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgher View Post
    Not an infraction but ljoc just closed an old Darren thread and told me not to repeat what I wrote. Just not sure if I misunderstood his infraction. I was told by Janno he was coming back after some discussion. He isn't back and he is a loss to this forum and that is an undeniable fact.

I accept its a tough job moderating, but sadly posters who have only bad things to say about players, manager and the owners can keep on saying what they like, but criticising moderation rules and standards gets thumped.

Who gets to police the police?
    Your accusation was way off the mark, that's why it was deleted with the message not to repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Your accusation was way off the mark, that's why it was deleted with the message not to repeat.
    I didn't think my original point was way off the mark, but if it is wrong fair enough. My point is we have lost Q80 and Darren to firm moderation. But severe and wholly untrue comments such as extracts of a Klopp interview in Germany last week have been posted, but were both badly translated and totally out of context. Then the usual suspects who have agendas on say Hendo or FSG can post pretty much any lie and rubbish but don't get any bans.

Like I said it isn't easy being a mod, but we lost good contributors for not so great reasons after infractions.

To be frank I've given up defending the club and players on here as its not worth wasting any air on the doom merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgher View Post
    I didn't think my original point was way off the mark, but if it is wrong fair enough. My point is we have lost Q80 and Darren to firm moderation. But severe and wholly untrue comments such as extracts of a Klopp interview in Germany last week have been posted, but were both badly translated and totally out of context. Then the usual suspects who have agendas on say Hendo or FSG can post pretty much any lie and rubbish but don't get any bans.

Like I said it isn't easy being a mod, but we lost good contributors for not so great reasons after infractions.

To be frank I've given up defending the club and players on here as its not worth wasting any air on the doom merchants.
    Both posters are free to return anytime they want assuming they don't have outstanding bans.

They are both good contributors to the boards.

And like all posters, are subject to the T & Cs of the forums, which we have to moderate to.

Please leave it there now please.

Any further comments on this will be deleted...unless posted by the moderator team.

Thanks.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    So why exactly was that worthy of a deletion, LJOC? Why is telling people that they should eat humble pie allowed, but responses to it aren't?

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    So why exactly was that worthy of a deletion, LJOC? Why is telling people that they should eat humble pie allowed, but responses to it aren't?
    If the person challenged by the post wants to reply that's fine, as long as it doesn't turn into a slanging match.

"Sick of seeing this kind of goading crap on the forum" adds nothing to the thread really, if you're sick of it, report it.

If the person challenged by the post wants to reply that's fine, as long as it doesn't turn into a slanging match.

"Sick of seeing this kind of goading crap on the forum" adds nothing to the thread really, if you're sick of it, report it.
    I can at least see that the tone in the first instance wasn't that productive. So the second reply took that into account. I think it's fair to challenge that as long as it stays on the right side of the line.

I can at least see that the tone in the first instance wasn't that productive. So the second reply took that into account. I think it's fair to challenge that as long as it stays on the right side of the line.
    You carry on then, see where we end up.

You carry on then, see where we end up.
    I assume that means you're threatening me with infractions. What basis would that be on? What infringement would I exactly be making if, without it resulting in a slanging match, I disagreed with someone telling posters to eat humble pie?

I assume that means you're threatening me with infractions. What basis would that be on? What infringement would I exactly be making if, without it resulting in a slanging match, I disagreed with someone telling posters to eat humble pie?
    I don't do threats.

I've told you why I deleted your post and here you are, still arguing about it.

I don't do threats.

I've told you why I deleted your post and here you are, still arguing about it.
    Yes I get that in the first instance it didn't add anything. In the second instance I'm not sure what the issue was, though. Because if the point in discussion is that others should eat their words, replying to that discussion is on topic.

Anyway, you've made it clear you're not threatening any action so all good.