Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead Thread. Beware Spoilers!!

Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Ignore.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty-Got-Wet View Post
    Yeah. Even if they weren't eating him in that scene, there's no way he gets out of there.
    Unless.... and this is pretty far fetched.... somehow he gets a walkers guts on him leading to them ignoring him OR something else distracts them?

His death is a bit annoying either way. If he somehow escapes then it's ridiculous and if not then they've left it a bit ambiguous in terms of the speculation; the Talking Deads lack of memoriam and the fact it wasn't an episode ender.

Quote Originally Posted by PjanicAtTheIsco View Post
    His death is a bit annoying either way. If he somehow escapes then it's ridiculous and if not then they've left it a bit ambiguous in terms of the speculation; the Talking Deads lack of memoriam and the fact it wasn't an episode ender.
    or they are starting to follow the GoT route and just start killing people off whenever they feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    or they are starting to follow the GoT route and just start killing people off whenever they feel like it.
    Could be. I was going to say the GoT deaths were unambiguous but that's not really the case.

(Link below assumes you're up to date on GoT)
    http://www.geekgirlauthority.com/wp-...snow-glenn.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BeverlyHillsKop View Post
    Unless.... and this is pretty far fetched.... somehow he gets a walkers guts on him leading to them ignoring him OR something else distracts them?
    The flare gun distracts, escapes under dumpster. He's alive I tells ya...

I hope he is alive. Remember the toe rag with fell on top of him, so there is a chance. He was/is my second favourite dude so fingers crossed.

Just in case anyone cares My favourite is Daryll. True warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnsRed View Post
    The flare gun distracts, escapes under dumpster. He's alive I tells ya...
    A flare wouldn't distract from a tasty meal!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    A flare wouldn't distract from a tasty meal!
    It might distract enough or draw enough away for him to survive.

I'm convinced he will come out of it alive but I've no idea how. I suppose I'm letting my knowledge of the comics sway me (even though that means little in some cases as they completely deviated from them.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Another solid episode.

I really have enjoyed watching the walking dead from the start but it's getting quite irritating now. For example why has the main group gone backwards in its survival skills. Specifically letting the big herd out of the quarry instead of killing them a few at a time like when they were at the prison and they'd stab the walkers through the fence....it's just daft. Also what's very annoying is the majority of the new Alexandria people having literally no survival instinct. How hard can it be to swing a spade or whatever at 1 single slow moving zombie. Personally I think they need to bring the show to an end, it really is getting bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CreamOfTheKop View Post
    I really have enjoyed watching the walking dead from the start but it's getting quite irritating now. For example why has the main group gone backwards in its survival skills. Specifically letting the big herd out of the quarry instead of killing them a few at a time like when they were at the prison and they'd stab the walkers through the fence....it's just daft. Also what's very annoying is the majority of the new Alexandria people having literally no survival instinct. How hard can it be to swing a spade or whatever at 1 single slow moving zombie. Personally I think they need to bring the show to an end, it really is getting bad.
    Oh dear.

Last Sunday’s high-drama episode – which saw at least one fan favourite meet their demise – drew in a whopping 18.2 million viewers.

Meanwhile, spin-off prequel show Fear the Walking Dead - which set a cable record for the highest rated first season ever - will return for a second season next year.
    Me and 18.2 million other people disagree with you.

each to their own but no chance should it be brought to an end, its brilliant and this series has had everything so far.

Killing big herd a few at a time, I mean we're talking thousands, would be remarkably exhausting and you'd more than likely die

Seems an odd nit pick that one

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    each to their own but no chance should it be brought to an end, its brilliant and this series has had everything so far.

Killing big herd a few at a time, I mean we're talking thousands, would be remarkably exhausting and you'd more than likely die

Seems an odd nit pick that one
    He also missed the part where they explained that they'd break out soon. No chance they'd clear that many in time.

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    He also missed the part where they explained that they'd break out soon. No chance they'd clear that many in time.
    Yes that is quite a resounding point to be fair!

I think its perhaps just the poster isn't as into it and missed some key plot points as a result.

I also didn't realise the zombies only attacked alone, so just swinging a shovel should do it as one creeps at you every month or so, I mean its easy to face down flesh eating formerly deceased humans and remove their heads or pierce their brains etc without a thought or any slight fear, we've all done it.

Welshypool - Like I said, they did it when at the prison. Why not reinforce the area then do it? Surely building 2 smaller fences and funnelling them in to a trap would work better than letting them all out at once which is just ludicrous. I don't think it's nit picking to be fair.
    PHIL - It will have taken them days and days to get all those cars and fences in the correct place to shepherd the herd in the correct direction, did you miss that part?
    Also Welshy the bit I'm referring to is when they were building the fences in the flashback in episode 1 I think? Is it 3 or 4 zombies that "attack" and there are maybe 3 people standing there terrified of not a whole lot. You have to agree it's a bit pathetic. I'm not aggressive in any way really but I think I could handle myself with a bat against something walking towards me slowly. Now that might be nit picking so fair enough haha.
    Also (again) I want the show to continue, I just want it to be better.

It's been superb this season, possibly the best so far for me.
    Last edited by PjanicAtTheIsco; 2-11-15 at 23:30.

Thought that episode with Morgan and Eastman was absolutely brilliant, and really showed a human side to the show that you dont often see. This has been an incredibly strong start to season 6. Show seems to be getting better!

Bore off and watch something else and leave TWD for the tens of millions of people all over the world that love it.

Was a great episode last night. As much as those random flashback episodes get in the way of finding out if certain people are alive, they work so well for character development and explaining why people have their way of living life now.

Yeah, loved the last episode. I really cant praise this new season enough in how it is balancing these story lines and keeping us entertained.

One of the things I liked about the last season was that the fear/exhaustion/hopelessness etc was very palpable in certain scenes where the main characters were being ground down by their circumstances. Yesterdays brought that back ten fold in Morgans decline from humanity and eventual redemption (maybe? ).

Welshypool - Like I said, they did it when at the prison. Why not reinforce the area then do it? Surely building 2 smaller fences and funnelling them in to a trap would work better than letting them all out at once which is just ludicrous. I don't think it's nit picking to be fair.
    PHIL - It will have taken them days and days to get all those cars and fences in the correct place to shepherd the herd in the correct direction, did you miss that part?
    Also Welshy the bit I'm referring to is when they were building the fences in the flashback in episode 1 I think? Is it 3 or 4 zombies that "attack" and there are maybe 3 people standing there terrified of not a whole lot. You have to agree it's a bit pathetic. I'm not aggressive in any way really but I think I could handle myself with a bat against something walking towards me slowly. Now that might be nit picking so fair enough haha.
    Thanks for expanding mate.

I think its great and the new episodes have been superb so far IMO, I still don't buy into what you are saying or see it as enough of a problem to ruin the show.

Its all about taste, excuse the pun, I love the series, the only one of this length that has held my attention in terms of the story remaining true and the characters developing as they should.

On the whole, its increasing in viewers and people are gripped by the story.

No right or wrong though

Although I really wanted to know what happened to Rick and Glenn last nights episode was so good, Very interesting to see the reason behind Morgan's sudden change.

Very good story behind it and the Eastman story was great also, Next week will be Glenn and Rick I think.

Unless its a hour long episode about that goat?
    Liverpool fan for 35 years ... YNWA & Justice for the 96.

Its a show about Zombies, realism went out the window ages ago.
    I did not enjoy it much this week, I care not for Morgan or what happened to him, It was decent but nothing special, back to the others next week please !!

Quote Originally Posted by KingKirky View Post
    Although I really wanted to know what happened to Rick and Glenn last nights episode was so good, Very interesting to see the reason behind Morgan's sudden change.

Very good story behind it and the Eastman story was great also, Next week will be Glenn and Rick I think.

I've a feeling they'll keep us hanging another week with that. We'll propably be back at the ASZ and maybe Maggies reaction to them losing touch with Glenn being at the forefront (and Rick going missing of course ).

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Thanks for expanding mate.

I think its great and the new episodes have been superb so far IMO, I still don't buy into what you are saying or see it as enough of a problem to ruin the show.

Its all about taste, excuse the pun, I love the series, the only one of this length that has held my attention in terms of the story remaining true and the characters developing as they should.

On the whole, its increasing in viewers and people are gripped by the story.

No right or wrong though
    Thanks for engaging in conversation and not just telling me to "bore off", if is a forum after all.

Really liked the newest episode with Morgan. Like other people I quite like the character development, it doesn't have to be all action all the time.

Rayvonuk - I absolutely love fantasy/sci-fi/comic book hero type stuff but it still has to be realistic to an extent or at least in the context of the show/film. I hope that makes sense?

Oh yeah also Ganymede did you enjoy watching Liverpool last season? I know I didn't but there I was watching game after game. There's nothing wrong with wanting something to be better whilst still watching it. And after the standards TWD has set itself what is wrong with me wanting it to keep it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    I've a feeling they'll keep us hanging another week with that. We'll propably be back at the ASZ and maybe Maggies reaction to them losing touch with Glenn being at the forefront (and Rick going missing of course ).
    Do you think that was Rick's voice screaming 'open the gates' at the end??

Quote Originally Posted by KingKirky View Post

Tabitha was 'baaaaing' non stop attracting walkers - why put her outside?

This episode was ok but not sure it needed to be a special. I felt for Eastman - TWD is becoming a bit like star trek's 'new character will die on away missions' scenario nowadays. And why did Morgan not bring the 2 humans he saved back to get Eastman? Eastman would have loved that. They could have stayed in the house.

I know what you mean, it crossed my mind too. But, there were thousands and thats a lot of energy and risk at a time where food is scarce.

I think it was just the option, out of a number of options, that they chose. If they did what you say then others would say why not choose the 'pied piper' option! Besides, i think their hand was forced by that time - there were 2 bottlenecks to the pit of zombies and the lorry that was one had just collapsed of the cliff and the walkers would have started leaving uncontrolled from that exit.