Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455
Results 1,621 to 1,649 of 1649

Thread: The Walking Dead Thread. Beware Spoilers!!

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    So its all very quite in here?

Have we all lost interest?

I quite enjoyed last nights at different points though the sequencing was bizarre again, this time with the increasingly irritating Ezekiel and his crew
    I haven't watched any of this season's episodes,forgot about it tbh.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    I haven't watched any of this season's episodes,forgot about it tbh.
    Telling in itself, I nearly forgot...but then remembered last night in a 'ooh, we got Walking Dead recorded.'

It was ok, the first three episodes have not been short of action that's for sure

So its all very quite in here?

Have we all lost interest?

I quite enjoyed last nights at different points though the sequencing was bizarre again, this time with the increasingly irritating Ezekiel and his crew
    Not yet although I'm not liking the start to this season. Great, we have loads of action but as you say the sequencing and some of the characters are just maddening. They should have followed a group per week and tighten up some of the story. They could easily have tied in radio messaging to establish timelines. The whole Negan bit was just **** poor, they should have had a different method of communicating with him so he was protected from a pot shot if they wanted to leave him alive longer and be a lot more emotive, they had a massive speech about how they were gonna kill for a bright future and then have a chat for 10 minutes whilst he was in a position to get put down. The whole ************ pants bit was rubbish too. They should have knocked Gabriel out as he came through the door and as he came to, give him the speech whats to stop him popping a few shots off whilst Negan is being smart? Theres a lot more instances I saw where they could have put together a better job and I'm not even in the movie/TV industry.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Not yet although I'm not liking the start to this season. Great, we have loads of action but as you say the sequencing and some of the characters are just maddening. They should have followed a group per week and tighten up some of the story. They could easily have tied in radio messaging to establish timelines. The whole Negan bit was just **** poor, they should have had a different method of communicating with him so he was protected from a pot shot if they wanted to leave him alive longer and be a lot more emotive, they had a massive speech about how they were gonna kill for a bright future and then have a chat for 10 minutes whilst he was in a position to get put down. The whole ************ pants bit was rubbish too. They should have knocked Gabriel out as he came through the door and as he came to, give him the speech whats to stop him popping a few shots off whilst Negan is being smart? Theres a lot more instances I saw where they could have put together a better job and I'm not even in the movie/TV industry.
    I'm feeling your passion there!

Yes there have been a few too many moments like those with Negan, he's been open to being shot so many times to the point of funny

Telling in itself, I nearly forgot...but then remembered last night in a 'ooh, we got Walking Dead recorded.'

It was ok, the first three episodes have not been short of action that's for sure
    I'll probably catch up with it eventually but the whole Negan thing has bored me rigid.

Its been OK - bit confused where they all are and how it relates to the sanctuary.

They had so many opportunities to shoot negan but 'missed' or didn't try. I agree with Eloader that even the priest could have shot him during his **** his pants speech. Like Negan want ************ his pants at that point.

Did we ever meet that guy who knew rick from before?

And if they regurgitate crazy rick story with him "going too far, no way back blah blah" I will stop watching in protest

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Its been OK - bit confused where they all are and how it relates to the sanctuary.

They had so many opportunities to shoot negan but 'missed' or didn't try. I agree with Eloader that even the priest could have shot him during his **** his pants speech. Like Negan want ************ his pants at that point.

And if they regurgitate crazy rick story with him "going too far, no way back blah blah" I will stop watching in protest
    The guy rick knew was in series 1 “Morales” he and his family left the group when they all went to the disease centre where that guy was living on his own (god, those were the days).

Ive lost interest, nothing is bothering me with this anymore. Just so much build up and nothing really happening.

I can let that one go as long as something meaningful follows with that story, as in Negan and the priest have some little begrudging adventure and mishap. To be fair, I guess if you are going on character consistency, he'd not have the disposition to be able to kill Negan outright, and then would have struggled to finish the job before being reanimated. Plus they had all those walkers outside going nuts so I can live with that, but they have to make something out of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    The guy rick knew was in series 1 “Morales” he and his family left the group when they all went to the disease centre where that guy was living on his own (god, those were the days).
    I wondered who the **** he was, that's a throw back.

I can let that one go as long as something meaningful follows with that story, as in Negan and the priest have some little begrudging adventure and mishap. To be fair, I guess if you are going on character consistency, he'd not have the disposition to be able to kill Negan outright, and then would have struggled to finish the job before being reanimated. Plus they had all those walkers outside going nuts so I can live with that, but they have to make something out of it now.

I wondered who the **** he was, that's a throw back.
    Yeah, you have a point - i guess being a priest he might hesitatant ... hope you're right!

Liverpoolforme is online now First team regular
    I know not a lot of people have enjoyed Walking Dead of late but I loved last nights episode!

King Ezekiel is my favourite character atm! It was a fantastic piece of character development, and when Shiva died it was heart breaking!

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolforme View Post
    I know not a lot of people have enjoyed Walking Dead of late but I loved last nights episode!

King Ezekiel is my favourite character atm! It was a fantastic piece of character development, and when Shiva died it was heart breaking!
    I'm glad you and many others enjoy it, but I'm only watching it because I've seen so much. Not enjoying it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RaraFinXI View Post
    I'm glad you and many others enjoy it, but I'm only watching it because I've seen so much. Not enjoying it anymore.
    I know what you mean but I just can't be bothered with it at the moment.

I am completely uninspired by this at the moment. I usually like the action in TWD but this is as bad as its ever been. Probably because I don't like the casting of Ezekiel but that's not the only thing tbh. I hope it gets back in its groove soon.

I am completely uninspired by this at the moment. I usually like the action in TWD but this is as bad as its ever been. Probably because I don't like the casting of Ezekiel but that's not the only thing tbh. I hope it gets back in its groove soon.
    I think it is done - they bet it all on Negan and it failed. I still like it, but it doesn't hold its own every week. Think I will save the rest and binge

I think it is done - they bet it all on Negan and it failed. I still like it, but it doesn't hold its own every week. Think I will save the rest and binge
    I think the talk of The Walking Dead for another 20 seasons was probably a massive over statement.

I think the talk of The Walking Dead for another 20 seasons was probably a massive over statement.
    I believe Robert Kirkman has since stated that he's gonna be ending the comic series sooner rather than later, so there should also be a natural ending to the show also.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephKerr View Post
    I believe Robert Kirkman has since stated that he's gonna be ending the comic series sooner rather than later, so there should also be a natural ending to the show also.
    On this showing, thank god.

On this showing, thank god.
    I would be a lot more interested if they left alexandria, lost a few, and got some reveals what is happening across country/world. Loved the bits when they went to the CDC

How's fear the walking dead going?

I would be a lot more interested if they left alexandria, lost a few, and got some reveals what is happening across country/world. Loved the bits when they went to the CDC

Yeah, better in some ways, not as good in others. We see a lot more of what is happening in that part of the world and how people are adapting and seems to take on the answers you'd give to "what would you do in a zombie apocalypse?" and characters have developed quite well with people dropping in and out of the main group. The shows "Rick" was killed off last season too, so not afraid to kill people off.

In the short time they've been on they've witnessed the start, been at an army compound, seen cities destroyed to contain the treat, been at sea, holed up in a hotel, holed up at a mansion in Mexico (friend of one of the characters), run across a group of paramilitary preppers and the native Indians they displaced prior to the outbreak, a Fallout style trading outpost, a secure compound protecting a reservoir and lots of different people in between. That's just off the top of my head.

To offset that good stuff, because you aren't as invested in the characters it can feel stale and I think they missed a big trick not keeping with the development of the outbreak for longer. One episode literally went from nobody know nothing chaos to 1 month later they are in an army compound. It was that jarring I almost stopped watching it. Glad I didn't. This last season has been a good watch.

TL;DR, what you want to happen in TWD has pretty much been happening in FTWD.

Actually, I watch a comedy called "The Last Man on Earth", spoiler he isn't. But they've basically used the excuse of a nuclear powerplant going into meltdown to move the cast. Maybe TWD should get out of its cosy rut by doing something similar or some other kind of natural disaster.
    Last edited by Eloader; 15-11-17 at 13:18.

It was ok again the other night but its lagging now, I watch it more out of habit and the excitement has gone.

Perhaps there is a level of too much of a good thing too, can only watch so much but it does seem to have lost its energy and the walkers seemed especially lazy in the last episode! Ezekiel should have died several times at the teeth of walkers but they seemed to forever be a yard behind him then 10 yards behind him.

Orville staring on Fox in the next few weeks.

And for anyone interested, Pick TV is showing Babylon5 from the beginning. Not for everyone, but one of the best things I have seen. Maybe a little dated.

Orville staring on Fox in the next few weeks.

And for anyone interested, Pick TV is showing Babylon5 from the beginning. Not for everyone, but one of the best things I have seen. Maybe a little dated.
    Orville is a bit hit and miss. If you liked Star Trek TOS, theres enough trek nods and winks to keep you engaged waiting for the next funny to happen.

Orville is a bit hit and miss. If you liked Star Trek TOS, theres enough trek nods and winks to keep you engaged waiting for the next funny to happen.
    I thought it was a parody?

I thought it was a parody?
    It is but there is lots there for fans of the original series too.

It is but there is lots there for fans of the original series too.
    Phew! For a second I thought they were actually trying to be serious - and the clips I had seen did not look serious.

Phew! For a second I thought they were actually trying to be serious - and the clips I had seen did not look serious.
    There is one episode that stood out as uncommonly serious, very sober tone overall to do with forcing the sex on a child because society dictated it. Luckily these moments are few and far between and generally its quite irreverent.

I enjoyed Mondays episode, my standards are obviously very low though. But final something going on. Madness that Neegan hasnít been in this series though (that start bit doesnít count).

This would be fantastic. Seeing different things going on and not the boring Neegan storyline.