Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead Thread. Beware Spoilers!!

1. #1 Default The Walking Dead Thread. Beware Spoilers!! 
    Can use this as the main thread going forward.

Thoughts on the first episode then guys?

I did get bored of it around the end of season3/start of 4 but stuck with it and actually enjoyed the season premiere.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

It was a solid opening episode albeit a little slow at times as we 'caught up' with what's been going on.

Have you read the comics? If not, I'd highly suggest it. It's fun to compare the two.

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    It was a solid opening episode albeit a little slow at times as we 'caught up' with what's been going on.

Have you read the comics? If not, I'd highly suggest it. It's fun to compare the two.
    I haven't no mate, not a huge reader to be honest. Occasionally pick up an autobiography but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AverageVillageBoy View Post
    I haven't no mate, not a huge reader to be honest. Occasionally pick up an autobiography but that's about it.
    Me neither. Never read another comic in my life, but this is wonderful.

I did get bored of it around the end of season3/start of 4 but stuck with it and actually enjoyed the season premiere.

Have the MODS posted this again? I definitely didn't.

Bump

Not overly keen with the jumping back in time using black a white effects.
    But it did serve a purpose to tell the story.

All in all great opening episode.

Found myself wanting the Walkers to suddenly figure out how to run full pelt. That would've made the episode a lot more interesting, particularly the Pied Piper moments.

Good season opener I thought.

Couple of things:

http://i.imgur.com/ZMb6SmP.jpg

And some classic lines in there from Eugene.

People thinking the horn at the end is the wolves?

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi98 View Post
    Found myself wanting the Walkers to suddenly figure out how to run full pelt. That would've made the episode a lot more interesting, particularly the Pied Piper moments.
    World war Z zombies needed

Quote Originally Posted by PjanicAtTheIsco View Post

Couple of things:

Respect the hair!

What was that about protein bars, did I miss something?

Yeah, I recon when the defenders are away the Wolves will play....unless it was the ASZ signalling an attack rather than the wolves trying to draw zombies.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Couple of things:

Everyone talking about wolves, is there something I've missed or is it something people know because they've read comics?

I'm happy for a spoiler of sorts as long as it isn't revealed what exactly the wolves do etc

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Respect the hair!

What was that about protein bars, did I miss something?

Yeah, I recon when the defenders are away the Wolves will play....unless it was the ASZ signalling an attack rather than the wolves trying to draw zombies.
    Protein bars - Morgan asked Michonne if she took one of his protein bars... I read somewhere it did actually happen in season 3, or whenever Morgan was last in the show before his recent reappearance.

Everyone talking about wolves, is there something I've missed or is it something people know because they've read comics?

I'm happy for a spoiler of sorts as long as it isn't revealed what exactly the wolves do etc
    Wolves are the bad guys Morgan was going all Jedi on at the very end of last season. They're also the ones who set the trap that Daryl and someone got stuck in, I forget who (maybe Aaron?) - where they got trapped in a car, surrounded by zombies. The name 'wolves' has been graffitied and shown in a few places, so shouldn't be a spoiler. I've not read the comics, but I do nose around Reddit after most episodes

Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Protein bars - Morgan asked Michonne if she took one of his protein bars... I read somewhere it did actually happen in season 3, or whenever Morgan was last in the show before his recent reappearance.

Wolves are the bad guys Morgan was going all Jedi on at the very end of last season. They're also the ones who set the trap that Daryl and someone got stuck in, I forget who (maybe Aaron?) - where they got trapped in a car, surrounded by zombies. The name 'wolves' has been graffitied and shown in a few places, so shouldn't be a spoiler. I've not read the comics, but I do nose around Reddit after most episodes
    Don't forget the "W" carved in the Walkers forehead.

Oh yeah of course, I had an idea of actual animals in my head which was confusing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    Don't forget the "W" carved in the Walkers forehead.
    Yep that too.

Also thought the episode showed how poor Fear TWD was...

... well, not that you necessarily needed to see the opener to figure that out.
    Last edited by PjanicAtTheIsco; 15-10-15 at 13:46.

Yep that too.

Also thought the episode showed how poor Fear TWD was...

... well, not that you necessarily needed to see the opener to figure that out.
    Cannot agree on that FTWD was an excellent show that is just enough removed to not be a copy but close enough to compliment the original. With just enough nods to TWD in it to make you smile

Quote Originally Posted by hysen View Post
    Cannot agree on that FTWD was an excellent show that is just enough removed to not be a copy but close enough to compliment the original. With just enough nods to TWD in it to make you smile
    Parts were enjoyable, but I didn't buy some of the decisions the characters were making by the end of the season (e.g. Travis). Plus they seem to have gotten through a lot of the timeline of the world falling apart in just 6 episodes, now what... is it now just a 14/MA version of TWD but set in LA?

The daughter is hot though, so there's always that.

Parts were enjoyable, but I didn't buy some of the decisions the characters were making by the end of the season (e.g. Travis). Plus they seem to have gotten through a lot of the timeline of the world falling apart in just 6 episodes, now what... is it now just a 14/MA version of TWD but set in LA?

The daughter is hot though, so there's always that.
    If you like her, then check out season 2 of The 100, where she plays a savage warrior queen with lesbian tendencies

I thought FTWD was brilliant.

You just have to see it as a standalone show.

Thought Fear was slow and a bit boring until the last episode.

Willing it to get better in season 2 though.

If you like her, then check out season 2 of The 100, where she plays a savage warrior queen with lesbian tendencies
    Interesting. Just so happens that's one of my favourite kinds of savage warrior queen.

Well that episode was *********** incredible.

Looking forward to watching episode 6.02 tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    Looking forward to watching episode 6.02 tonight.
    Me too. I saw the trailer for it and it looks like its gonna be a cracker!

Has anyone started to see the FTWD - Flight 462 webisode that are apparently shown in the breaks of TWD? I've tried over a dozen movie sites and not one is playable from the UK. If anyone sees one, can you post it up.

Me too. I saw the trailer for it and it looks like its gonna be a cracker!

Has anyone started to see the FTWD - Flight 462 webisode that are apparently shown in the breaks of TWD? I've tried over a dozen movie sites and not one is playable from the UK. If anyone sees one, can you post it up.
    Looks like about 60-90 secs per clip once a week for the 4 months if I've read correctly.

Link to part 2. Am guessing part one is on youtube somewhere, haven't looked though.
    http://www.ibtimes.com/fear-walking-...atient-2146474

Standard TWD was indeed awesome.

Looks like about 60-90 secs per clip once a week for the 4 months if I've read correctly.

Link to part 2. Am guessing part one is on youtube somewhere, haven't looked though.
    http://www.ibtimes.com/fear-walking-...atient-2146474

Standard TWD was indeed awesome.
    Thanks for that. I checked out the link on your link for episode 1 and got the "the user has not made this video available in your country" notice. Damn.

I've checked for another 30 mins last night but couldn't find episode 1. Double damn

Anyway, TWD didn't disappoint last night. ANOTHER cracker though I was a little confused by 1, why they attacked in the first place and 2, what Morgans relationship was with the Wolves and what the cryptic messages were about. I'm sure it will be answered in coming episodes.

started off season 6 with a bang in my opinion.

couple of things though: 1) did anyone else think ricks plan to lure away the zombies in episode 1 was a tad stupid? I mean why take the risk of luring away circa 20k zombies like that? wouldnt it have been better to keep them together in that zone and burn them or something?
    2) Enid (carls girl) is definetely some kind of wolf cooperative. She was very suspicious.
    3) carol is just brilliant, one of my favorite characters. always shows up when the group needs her.

i wanted to wait for all the episodes to come out and have a marathon watch, but as ever could not wait, and now cannot wait for 3rd episode!

Thanks for that. I checked out the link on your link for episode 1 and got the "the user has not made this video available in your country" notice. Damn.

I've checked for another 30 mins last night but couldn't find episode 1. Double damn

Anyway, TWD didn't disappoint last night. ANOTHER cracker though I was a little confused by 1, why they attacked in the first place and 2, what Morgans relationship was with the Wolves and what the cryptic messages were about. I'm sure it will be answered in coming episodes.
    Last night was a brilliant episode.

Morgan met the wolves at the end of last season and was attacked by them and beat them up with his stick. They were the same guys who we saw again last night.

They attacked because they are mental and evil and probably want the town for themselves.